Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Secret Santa 2008! No one on the corner gives swagga like us.

• SchideSchide You have dreams Everybody watching at home has dreamsRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    noir_blood wrote: »
    KimFidler wrote: »
    PASecretSanta-1.jpg

Is that a book with the entire run of Y: The Last Man? That's awesome. Amazing series.

That be a big ass expensive book. But man, if nothing else this proves that PA forumers have the best taste in the entire internet.

Except for the guy that doesn't like eggnog.

It's a hardcover of the first, uh, 12 issues I believe. Still a damn fine gift. If you like it then you must read the rest because the ending is fantastic.

x7SZWSn.jpg
    Amazon Wish List -- Backloggery -- 3DS Friend Code: 3282-1850-1742
  • wunderbarwunderbar Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    cyphr wrote: »
    Loot incoming!!!

wunderbar, you are officially the coolest forumer. I'm serious people. Check this shit out. (sorry for the cameraphone, it's all I have available right now)
    Spoiler:

So there you have it everyone, wunderbar wins the Santa'ing. I'm especially ecstatic about the DS games, because I discovered on my flight home for Thanksgiving that the top LCD on my DS had cracked! At the time I had just sort of written it off as a loss, but this has motivated me to get a new one STAT. You have rejuvenated my portable gaming spirit, wunderbar, and there's no THANK YOU!!! big enough.

(ps, to my santee: nope, I haven't forgotten about you. and yep, I'm making you wait at least another week. mwahahaha :-D )

I'm really glad you liked it. I looked at what DS gmaes I'm looking to get myself, and decided to give them to you. The art book was kind of a toss in with the game. The zombie book then completed the package. I'm kinda dissapointed the note I sent in the regular mail didn't get to you first though. Oh well, it's still coming.

• noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Schide wrote: »
    PASecretSanta-1.jpg

Is that a book with the entire run of Y: The Last Man? That's awesome. Amazing series.

That be a big ass expensive book. But man, if nothing else this proves that PA forumers have the best taste in the entire internet.

It's a hardcover of the first, uh, 12 issues I believe. Still a damn fine gift. If you like it then you must read the rest because the ending is fantastic.

The ending..man, I honestly had to stop at the line-
    Spoiler:

It's just perfect.

Spoiler:
  • ArminasArminas Student of Life Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Spoiler:
    That was a pretty amazing series. I sort of want to go read it again. :D

• ImprovoloneImprovolone Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I may be framing a second gift for my Santee. My procrastination in shipping will be worth it... I hope!
    I keep feeling like I need to add to the gift something actually worth $20+ and not just more crafts.

Voice actor for hire. My time is free if your project is!
  • SchideSchide You have dreams Everybody watching at home has dreamsRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Arminas wrote: »
    Spoiler:
    That was a pretty amazing series. I sort of want to go read it again. :D

&

x7SZWSn.jpg
    Amazon Wish List -- Backloggery -- 3DS Friend Code: 3282-1850-1742
  • JacksNsomniaJacksNsomnia Registered User
    edited December 2008
    Eggnog is delicious.

24584849if1gs7.jpg
  • Doc HollidayDoc Holliday Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    This is my Secret Santa present to all of you (no this is not me I just found this. I wish it were me, though.):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDBpQVhCMb8

PSN & Live: buckwilson
  • FiggyFiggy Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Pretty sweet!

daniant wrote:
    Alright, looks like I'm giving up golden showers for Lent.
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment · Website : www.nathanswyers.com
  • spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Speicher, GermanyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    SLAGMIRE! WHERE ARE YOU!? You're awesome...
    Spoiler:

XBL: Mega Spooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • NorfairNorfair Registered User
    edited December 2008
    I think your cat wants the FC Twin. You had best guard it carefully.

• ScottyScotty Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Holy Wow! That's some great gifting going on...Chrono Trigger DS? and FC TWIN!? Cripes..I want my gift now! I can't wait to see what I'm gettin'. Obviously the giving is better than the getting, but you guys seem to make the getting a VERY close second. :)

Today is my B-day...would sure be sweet to have it arrive today...I'm watching for a postal truck just in case.

• SlagmireSlagmire Registered User
    edited December 2008
    SLAGMIRE! WHERE ARE YOU!? You're awesome...
    Spoiler:

Nah, it's cool - I did catch a couple of things you hinted at, including Ms. Marvel, which I totally lucked out on finding the day before I planned on mailing your stuff out. Sorry about the state on Base Wars btw - I was actually trying to get you something you'd be able to play that might not see the light of day on the VC (my first target was either Duck Tales or Darkwing Duck, but my local retro gaming place didn't have either at the time), and I figured Base Wars was an excellent game to have as a backup plan.

Now, as for the FC Twin, remember that this is the one that doesn't play all NES and SNES games (Castlevania III is the most notable). Here's the Wiki entry to help you out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FC_Twin

As for the tape and gum... well...
    I like sticky shit.

Sorry, brah - I couldn't resist that one. Still, I'm glad you like it all! :D

• LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    So, a parcel arrived for me today - I got all excited, til I realised its some books I ordered from Waterstones.

For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    This is my Secret Santa present to all of you (no this is not me I just found this. I wish it were me, though.):

That is awesome. Nice find!

steam_sig.png
    Backloggery XBox Live: ArcSyn 3DS: 1805-2274-4550 (Jonathan) WiiU NNID: ArcSyn

GIFT GET GIFS
  • DraysothDraysoth Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Turns out my first guess was right... Real Ghostbusters and... something else.

package.jpg

Santa lives in New Jersey???

Cool!

Whats inside tho?

contents.jpg

Why, is that a wang-sucker? A badass Vault note?

Yes! and more! 2 graphic novels I've never read but am looking forward to... in fact, I just started reading the Dresden novels and am enjoying them. As well, Dark Sector for the 360. Awesome! And, to wrap it all up - a mini robot to keep the contents safe. Megatron himself, who is really pissed hes all stuck in the plastic!

Thanks Santa!

Oops, forgot to add - I will try to get a pic of the wife taking a lick! No promises!

WiiU ID - Draysoth1
    Xbox Live - Draysoth1
    PSN - Draysoth
    Steam - Draysoth
    3DS - 2320-6133-3744
    Please let me know if you add me!
  • arcatharcath Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
  • Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    The Dark Tower Graphic Novel? Your Santa has good taste!

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Xbox Live: SirGrinch X
  • etdragonetdragon Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Hooray!!! I'm really glad you liked all of it Draysoth :) I wavered back and forth about including the wang lolipop but I figure it had to be included in the spirit of PA

sig.jpg
  • MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »
    The Dark Tower Graphic Novel? Your Santa has not forgotten the face of his father!

I saw those in B&N. Will have to check it out. Is it written by King, or inspired by?

Excision wrote: »
    My girlfriend is going down tonight!

Steam:MichaelLC
    edited December 2008
    MichaelLC wrote: »
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »
    The Dark Tower Graphic Novel? Your Santa has not forgotten the face of his father!

I saw those in B&N. Will have to check it out. Is it written by King, or inspired by?
    King is one of three authors who wrote them if I remember correctly. They are really fantastic.

sig.jpg
  • DraysothDraysoth Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    This one is a prequel - directed by King, but penned by someone else. Its pretty damn good so far. Wife told me she'd pose for a picture but freaked when I mentioned I'd make her famous... hehehe. Oh well!

WiiU ID - Draysoth1
    Xbox Live - Draysoth1
    PSN - Draysoth
    Steam - Draysoth
    3DS - 2320-6133-3744
    Please let me know if you add me!
  • ImprovoloneImprovolone Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    etdragon wrote: »
    Hooray!!! I'm really glad you liked all of it Draysoth :) I wavered back and forth about including the wang lolipop but I figure it had to be included in the spirit of PA
    And you don't live in San Fran?

Voice actor for hire. My time is free if your project is!
  • gilraingilrain Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    It's lollipop. Or, is it... that wang does look a bit immature. D:

• SniperGuySniperGuy Also known as Dohaeris Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2008
    I need to grab the 2nd dark tower graphic novel. Can't wait to see Jericho Hill.

3DS: 2509-1593-4994
    Steam Profile
    PSN ID: Dohaeris210
    Treadmill Desk Twitch Stream : status.php?streamuser=SniperGuy210
  • freakish lightfreakish light Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Draysoth wrote: »
    A badass Vault note?

:?:

Take a closer picture or scan that or transcribe it or something, it's relevant to my interests.

• delphinusdelphinus Registered User
    edited December 2008
    PASecretSanta-1.jpg

That hardcover is insanely rare.
    please do thank this man

• cloudeaglecloudeagle Zhu-Li, do the thing! Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Y the Last Man? Utterly, utterly awesome.

Wait, the Real Ghostbusters are finally out on DVD now? They'd better be something close to season sets and not packs of 4 episodes or something.

3DS: 0344-9335-6762
    edited December 2008
    cloudeagle wrote: »

Wait, the Real Ghostbusters are finally out on DVD now? They'd better be something close to season sets and not packs of 4 episodes or something.

jawdrop.jpg

http://www.timelife.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10001&storeId=1001&langId=-1&productId=75501

the COMPLETE SERIES in one box set, with over twelve hours of bonus material

TWENTY FIVE DVDS

• ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

jawdrop.jpg

http://www.timelife.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10001&storeId=1001&langId=-1&productId=75501

TWENTY FIVE DVDS

That is a lot of DVDs.

I have read the wiki about this Y the last man, and it sounds interesting. I have no book stores or comic shops near me though that would carry such a thing. :(

steam_sig.png
    Backloggery XBox Live: ArcSyn 3DS: 1805-2274-4550 (Jonathan) WiiU NNID: ArcSyn

GIFT GET GIFS
    edited December 2008
    ArcSyn wrote: »

jawdrop.jpg

TWENTY FIVE DVDS

That is a lot of DVDs.

I have read the wiki about this Y the last man, and it sounds interesting. I have no book stores or comic shops near me though that would carry such a thing. :(

Wow. That, uh. That set is mighty tempting.

Also, all of Y has been collected into editions that are carried by Amazon, Barnes and Noble, etc. It's not that hard to find, though well worth it.

• elkataselkatas Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Well, it looks like my santee has put me on his ignore list or something. No response to any of my messages on this thread, and no answers to my PMs. :lol: Oh well, not that it matters. Hope he enjoys his present.

Hypnotically inclined.
  • Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    what could even constitute 12 hours of bonus material for the real ghostbusters? lunacy! if that set were less than a hundred dollars i might make an entirely questionable decision. i know for a fact the cartoon doesnt hold up very well now (even if it is still leagues better than most of its contemporaries, that still leaves plenty of room for shittiness), but i really liked it as a youngster.

sig_zpsceb29fbe.jpg
    edited December 2008
    A badass Vault note?

Take a closer picture or scan that or transcribe it or something, it's relevant to my interests.
    If it's really relevant to your interests I could send you the Word doc of the original. I typed it all up and kept it because I was proud of myself and thought it was kinda cool.

sig.jpg
    edited December 2008
    Ah_Pook wrote: »
    what could even constitute 12 hours of bonus material for the real ghostbusters? lunacy! if that set were less than a hundred dollars i might make an entirely questionable decision. i know for a fact the cartoon doesnt hold up very well now (even if it is still leagues better than most of its contemporaries, that still leaves plenty of room for shittiness), but i really liked it as a youngster.

Do you mean the entire cartoon or just the later episodes (with the voice changes, the Slimer cartoon and the general dumbing down)? I haven't seen it since I was a weeone, but yeah, even then I knew the show was much better than all the other 80s crap.

• noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    elkatas wrote: »
    Well, it looks like my santee has put me on his ignore list or something. No response to any of my messages on this thread, and no answers to my PMs. :lol: Oh well, not that it matters. Hope he enjoys his present.

When was the last time he was in the forums? And have you tried a proxy?

Spoiler:
    edited December 2008
    A badass Vault note?

If it's really relevant to your interests I could send you the Word doc of the original. I typed it all up and kept it because I was proud of myself and thought it was kinda cool.

It is. I did something similar with Raiden's present, you can find it in the OP.

edited December 2008
    A badass Vault note?

It is. I did something similar with Raiden's present, you can find it in the OP.
    Damn I didn't even realize that. Here I was thinking I was all original. That'll teach me to read through the whole thread when planning my note next time

sig.jpg
  • elkataselkatas Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    When was the last time he was in the forums? And have you tried a proxy?

He was here few hours ago, and no, I haven't tried proxy yet.

Hypnotically inclined.
  • IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Yesssssssssssss.

Package is on it's way, Santee. Be prepared for a box full of awesome, some that you'll like for sure, (I hope), some that you might like, and some that is personal, from me, that you will probably not want to read.

I just hope it actually gets there, but the shipping at $13 could have been worse, for going to Canada.

steam_sig.png PSN:Icemopper
This discussion has been closed.