Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Secret Santa 2008! No one on the corner gives swagga like us.

• ArminasArminas Student of Life Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    elkatas wrote: »
    noir_blood wrote: »
    When was the last time he was in the forums? And have you tried a proxy?

He was here few hours ago, and no, I haven't tried proxy yet.

We think you should.

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Arminas wrote: »

We think you should.

Arminas volunteers.

• darkenedwingdarkenedwing Registered User
    edited December 2008
    I have shipped to my Santee :D
    I wasn't able to include a letter, unfortunately :( since it was kind of sudden.
    Or any indication as to who sent it.

image.php?type=sigpic&userid=29216&dateline=1296970870
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Zhu-Li, do the thing! Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    urahonky wrote: »
    Arminas wrote: »

We think you should.

Arminas volunteers.

For everything.

No seriously, Arminas is a rockin' proxy.

3DS: 0344-9335-6762
  • JacksNsomniaJacksNsomnia Registered User
    edited December 2008
    Icemopper wrote: »
    Yesssssssssssss.

Package is on it's way, Santee. Be prepared for a box full of awesome, some that you'll like for sure, (I hope), some that you might like, and some that is personal, from me, that you will probably not want to read.

I just hope it actually gets there, but the shipping at $13 could have been worse, for going to Canada.

So you're not my Santa? Blast!

24584849if1gs7.jpg
  • VicVic Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Man, I feel like I might be the worst santa ever for just sending a gift with no cool extras.

• Alfred J. KwakAlfred J. Kwak Registered User
    edited December 2008
    I love how this thread gives me new ideas for what to get as gifts for family, friends and myself. I've actually even ordered some of the items that some lucky fellows have received here. Unfortunetly, I've already sent out my package, so my Santee has to stick with what I've put in there. But, keep the awesome gifts coming guys, there're surely plenty of thing left that I've never heard of that I absolutely need.

• ImprovoloneImprovolone Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Its official, I've started a second framed gift. This time I need to make the frame though, not its contents.

Voice actor for hire. My time is free if your project is!
  • wunderbarwunderbar Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Yesssssssssssss.

Package is on it's way, Santee. Be prepared for a box full of awesome, some that you'll like for sure, (I hope), some that you might like, and some that is personal, from me, that you will probably not want to read.

I just hope it actually gets there, but the shipping at $13 could have been worse, for going to Canada.

hmmm, maybe you're my santa then.

I await full of suspense.

• BursarBursar 16 tons of #9 coleslaw Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    My Santee's package is sitting in the Post Office's pile of outgoing mail right now. So expect a package sometime in the next week or so! Not that you know if you're my Santee or not. I just want to get everyone's hopes up. Mwahaha!

Spoiler:
    My Steam profile | 3DS FC: 0810-0331-1324
    | PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan
  • NorfairNorfair Registered User
    edited December 2008
    I just got a package!

....it was a pair of PSP headphones I got for cheap on Black Friday. Not a Secret Santa item.

I was simultaneously pleased and depressed.

• redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Yesssssssssssss.

My shipping to Canada was like $24 I think. I forget, I could be wrong.

My package is in fact in Canada as we speak. Expect it very very soon, Santee!

Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard | eBay (updated 11-2-14)

[PAX South 2015] [X]badge [ ]flight [X]hotel
    [PAX East 2015] [ ]badge [ ]train(?) [ ]hotel

[3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [360/Steam/One] Redfield85 | [PS3] Recchi85
  • AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Browsing through gift posts in the op, I couldn't help but notice some were missing. That from your leave of absence, Doc?

3DS Friend Code: 0817-5033-8184 // Nintendo Network ID: AbsoluteZero
  • liquidloganliquidlogan Registered User
    edited December 2008
    Everyone is shipping to Canada now it seems. I'm watching you, Santa.

• Doc HollidayDoc Holliday Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Browsing through gift posts in the op, I couldn't help but notice some were missing. That from your leave of absence, Doc?

Possibly? I had backup from a couple of people, though, so I wasn't aware I was missing any. Bring them to my attention at once!

PSN & Live: buckwilson
  • noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Hmm, my aunt called letting me know I have a package waiting from amazon in my house. I'm pretty positive I'm not expecting anything... Could..could this be my Secret Santa gift?

Oh, send me a christmas miracle and let me get out of work early!

Spoiler:
  • JCRooksJCRooks Registered User
    edited December 2008
    Dear Santee, I promise to send your gift out tomorrow morning. I just added some special somethings to it, I hope you enjoy them! I better send it soon lest I continue to add more to the package. :)

Xbox LIVE, Steam, Twitter, etc. ...
    Spoiler:
  • SoCo_and_LimeSoCo_and_Lime Registered User
    edited December 2008
    Pemulis wrote: »
    I just wanted to thank my santa SoCo_and_Lime again for Watchmen. I'd never read a graphic novel before, so didn't really know what to expect, but I can't put it down.

It's an amazing book, and I have been introduced to a whole now genre! When I'm finished I'll have to ask for some recommendations.

Thanks!

Excellent! I'm glad you like it and am more than happy to recommend others as well.

To my santa:

I received a packing slip in my mailbox today which may be your gift (if you sent it yet of course). I've got to work all day tomorrow :( but I'll be sure to pick it up Friday and post pics.

[x] Bolt Bus
    [x] Radisson Hotel Boston
    [x] Pre-Pax Dinner
    [x] BYOC and 3 Day Pass

edited December 2008
    I originally wanted to send Watchmen to improvolone, but wasn't sure if he had it already.

Someone should do a tally at the end to see what was the most often received gift.

Spoiler:
  • MrDelishMrDelish Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    An FYI to you international shippers:

If you mail anything First Class or Priority Mail Flat-Rate it will have zero status updates while it goes, and no insurance in the event that it is lost.

• ImprovoloneImprovolone Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I originally wanted to send Watchmen to improvolone, but wasn't sure if he had it already.

Someone should do a tally at the end to see what was the most often received gift.

I do not have it, but should probably get it at some point.

Voice actor for hire. My time is free if your project is!
  • liquidloganliquidlogan Registered User
    edited December 2008
    My bet is on the Zombie Survival Guide or Earth Defence Force.

edited December 2008

Possibly? I had backup from a couple of people, though, so I wasn't aware I was missing any. Bring them to my attention at once!

Angel177's gift post isn't up there...

<.<

>.>

• Doc HollidayDoc Holliday Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

<.<

>.>

So by "some" you meant "one" and that "one" was the "one" where you were the Santa? And you bring this before me without providing a LINK?

YOUR SANTA GOD IS ANGRY!

PSN & Live: buckwilson
  • BursarBursar 16 tons of #9 coleslaw Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    My bet is on the Zombie Survival Guide or Earth Defence Force.

I'm hoping for EDF, since I know my zombie killin' already. My giant monster killin' probably needs work.

Spoiler:
    My Steam profile | 3DS FC: 0810-0331-1324
    | PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan
  • ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    SECRET SANTA GIFT AHOY!

Came home and saw a package for me. I've had a pretty shite day so this was good news. But what's this? ROYAL AIR MAIL? I nabbed me a Brit! :)

I'm actually shit for details right now (I'm in need of a shower, a beer, and a good night's sleep) but I have nothing but thanks to Jam Warrior! The sad news is that the chocolate egg did not make the trip in one piece and I had to dispose of it via my sister. I thoroughly enjoyed your letter and all the gifts (I actually didn't have the zombie guide so its a real treat for me!) and I plan to ration out all the treats to last me a while.

Obligatory pic:
    Spoiler:

3DS: 5112-3515-8441 | PSN: Nezandy | XBL: Arikado PA | Origin: ArikadoPA
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | Twitter
  • freakish lightfreakish light Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Did they re-release the Zombie Survival Guide with different art or is that the silly British version? Cause I think that's a little spiffier than the one I gifted.

• Glenn565Glenn565 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I just wanted to thank my santa SoCo_and_Lime again for Watchmen. I'd never read a graphic novel before, so didn't really know what to expect, but I can't put it down.

It's an amazing book, and I have been introduced to a whole now genre! When I'm finished I'll have to ask for some recommendations.

Thanks!

Excellent! I'm glad you like it and am more than happy to recommend others as well.

To my santa:

I received a packing slip in my mailbox today which may be your gift (if you sent it yet of course). I've got to work all day tomorrow :( but I'll be sure to pick it up Friday and post pics.
    Awesome, you got my gift. Google maps couldn't find the address, so I thought you wouldn't receive it for a second there. Hope you enjoy it!

3DS code:4511-0654-1976
    NNID: Glenn565
  • Walrus PeteWalrus Pete Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Reading through the thread (seriously awesome Santa-ing going on) reminded me that it's December, which means Christmas avatar/sig time! Hooray!

• SoCo_and_LimeSoCo_and_Lime Registered User
    edited December 2008
    Glenn565 wrote: »

Thanks!

To my santa:

Awesome, you got my gift. Google maps couldn't find the address, so I thought you wouldn't receive it for a second there. Hope you enjoy it!

Awesome! Yeah my address is the address to my specific school mailbox. Everything gets routed to the university and filtered at our own mail facility.

This packing slip is going to be burning a hole in my pocket at work tomorrow. I'm sure it's great stuff I can't wait to get it. Thanks in advance! Pics to follow Friday!

[x] Bolt Bus
    [x] Radisson Hotel Boston
    [x] Pre-Pax Dinner
    [x] BYOC and 3 Day Pass

• MightyMighty Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Arikado wrote: »
    SECRET SANTA GIFT AHOY!

Came home and saw a package for me. I've had a pretty shite day so this was good news. But what's this? ROYAL AIR MAIL? I nabbed me a Brit! :)

I'm actually shit for details right now (I'm in need of a shower, a beer, and a good night's sleep) but I have nothing but thanks to Jam Warrior! The sad news is that the chocolate egg did not make the trip in one piece and I had to dispose of it via my sister. I thoroughly enjoyed your letter and all the gifts (I actually didn't have the zombie guide so its a real treat for me!) and I plan to ration out all the treats to last me a while.

Obligatory pic:
    Spoiler:

you lucky bastard... i think you got lewiep's mummy!

steam_sig.png
    Gamertag - Mightyvvhitey
  • SchideSchide You have dreams Everybody watching at home has dreamsRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Mighty wrote: »
    SECRET SANTA GIFT AHOY!

Obligatory pic:
    Spoiler:

My guess is Jam Warrior.

x7SZWSn.jpg
    Amazon Wish List -- Backloggery -- 3DS Friend Code: 3282-1850-1742
  • freakish lightfreakish light Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    SECRET SANTA GIFT AHOY!

Obligatory pic:
    Spoiler:

you know, plus the lack of painting

edited December 2008
    Schide wrote: »
    SECRET SANTA GIFT AHOY!

Obligatory pic:
    Spoiler:

My guess is Jam Warrior.

Don't you dare bring logic into this!

Spoiler:
    edited December 2008

<.<

>.>

So by "some" you meant "one" and that "one" was the "one" where you were the Santa? And you bring this before me without providing a LINK?

YOUR SANTA GOD IS ANGRY!

Noooooooooooooooo

JerikTelorian's gift post is also missing. So by some I meant two.
    Spoiler:

• darkenedwingdarkenedwing Registered User
    edited December 2008
    ITT: We don't need to fully read others posts.

image.php?type=sigpic&userid=29216&dateline=1296970870
  • SchideSchide You have dreams Everybody watching at home has dreamsRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Noooooooooooooooo

JerikTelorian's gift post is also missing. So by some I meant two.
    Spoiler:

Oh, I see why I didn't add that in the PM I dent Doc, those two were posted before he said he was going away so I thought he already had them. I guess I should have looked at the OP to see where he left off, but eh.

x7SZWSn.jpg
    Amazon Wish List -- Backloggery -- 3DS Friend Code: 3282-1850-1742
  • FiggyFiggy Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    SECRET SANTA GIFT AHOY!

Obligatory pic:
    Spoiler:

No damn way. She sent her gift just a couple days ago.

daniant wrote:
    Alright, looks like I'm giving up golden showers for Lent.
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment · Website : www.nathanswyers.com
  • MightyMighty Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    SECRET SANTA GIFT AHOY!

Obligatory pic:
    Spoiler:

My guess is Jam Warrior.

true. but if you recall, Mummy said that she'd be sending 2 packages. one with... chocolates....

venture.jpg
    IGNORE ME!

steam_sig.png
    Gamertag - Mightyvvhitey
  • IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    SECRET SANTA GIFT AHOY!

Obligatory pic:
    Spoiler:

My guess is Jam Warrior.

true. but if you recall, Mummy said that she'd be sending 2 packages. one with... chocolates....

IGNORE ME!

This does not change the fact that Jam Warrior sent the package.

steam_sig.png PSN:Icemopper
This discussion has been closed.