As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Terminator: Cancellation of Show Chronicles [nsf56k i guess]

• DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2008
    valiance wrote: »
    Its not up for discussion. She wins because its cheaper tahn make up every week and because if she loses the show is over. Its not a debate, its a statement.

It's also a tautology. This is true for every show everywhere ever. "If the badguys kill everyone there's no more story" orly? Thanks, John Madden.

Just because Cameron must survive for the show to continue doesn't mean her survival is inconsistent with the show's internal logic. Frankly, we don't know what Cameron's model # is, and it doesn't really matter. What we know is she regularly stomps on other terminators, so she's probably a better model (or maybe better trained). The show has given you no reason to believe Cameron SHOULDN'T be able to beat up other terminators, so why are you making a problem where none exists? What's wrong with: Cameron is badass, the end?

Jesus, I'm not saying she can't beat them up, I'm saying that she seems built like a fast, agile model with obviously super human strength but not the strength of the walking sherman tank that is a T-888. FFS, just leave it now.

DarkWarrior on
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Underdog wrote: »
    It's starting to get really bizarre how Sarah Connor is becoming a minor character in a show named after her.

She was pretty prominent in the episode when she got sick and hallucinated and then the one with the Japanese dudes trying to scam her out of a lot of money. The latest one was all Cameron but I think she was due.

Guess I mostly forgot about that episode. I think it has to do with the fact that all the interesting development is involving characters other than her. Though I suppose that might be intended...
    The thing is everyone knows the score with Sarah Connor. It can't really have any twists and turns and dark pasts, she can only get progressively more or less crazy.

Everyone else on the other hand is a time traveling robot or soldier, future Jesus, or FBI agent in over his head.

electricitylikesme on
  • DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2008
    Wouldn't Sarah Connor Chronicles make more sense in that you're seeing her chronicles of other people? Its a bit meta but shes not very open so it makes sense that her stories would revolve more around other people than herself.

THe other thing though is that yeah, she can't really alter too much from the mould or she wouldn't be her anymore.

DarkWarrior on
  • RaynagaRaynaga Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Dark, if you want people to leave it alone then stop f'n bringing it up.

As for Sarah Connor, she's always been a character who was a vehicle for ANOTHER character, namely her son. Shouldn't be that amazing that the trend continues.

Raynaga on
  • autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    eaaaaaaaaaaasy money

autono-wally, erotibot300 on
    kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Shens wrote: »
    I have seen the cancer wheel chair guy before...

Was he Dale on Jericho?

He played Trombli the psychotic camel killer in Generation Kill.

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    It's starting to get really bizarre how Sarah Connor is becoming a minor character in a show named after her.

She was pretty prominent in the episode when she got sick and hallucinated and then the one with the Japanese dudes trying to scam her out of a lot of money. The latest one was all Cameron but I think she was due.

Guess I mostly forgot about that episode. I think it has to do with the fact that all the interesting development is involving characters other than her. Though I suppose that might be intended...
    The thing is everyone knows the score with Sarah Connor. It can't really have any twists and turns and dark pasts, she can only get progressively more or less crazy.

Everyone else on the other hand is a time traveling robot or soldier, future Jesus, or FBI agent in over his head.

There is something almost ironic about a character who is completely sane being locked away for being mentally ill then slowly going crazy when released.

Thomamelas on
  • SanguiniusSanguinius Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Good episode that last one. I really enjoyed it. I like what they are doing with Cameron - neutralising threats that the others aren't even aware of.

I'm getting pretty amped for it - season 3 should be killer, we've got so many things that need to be resolved. Cromatienet, Shirleybot's ultimate goal - what's going to happen with Riley and Jesse? Who is Derek going to side with...

Good stuff, looking forward to it.

Sanguinius on
  • UnderdogUnderdog Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Sanguinius wrote: »
    Good episode that last one. I really enjoyed it. I like what they are doing with Cameron - neutralising threats that the others aren't even aware of.

I'm getting pretty amped for it - season 3 should be killer, we've got so many things that need to be resolved. Cromatienet, Shirleybot's ultimate goal - what's going to happen with Riley and Jesse? Who is Derek going to side with...

Good stuff, looking forward to it.

I don't think he's gonna be happy once he finds out Jesse's secret plan. Sure, she's not out to hurt John (she believes this will help) but Derek had that whole "No secrets" moment where he told her he was John's uncle and she didn't 'fess up. I mean, if the plan is just as simple as driving off the machine with an attractive girl, wouldn't Derek have been on board with that? I feel there's something darker than just trying to break Cameron's future influence on John and Derek will end up siding with his nephew.

Underdog on
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Derek will be pissed that he gave her the chance to be ultimately honest with him, about a plan that he probably would've agreed with at least in principle and she fucking lied to his face.

That's betrayal, and betrayal is basically the most unforgivable sin.

Pony on
    edited December 2008
    Pony wrote: »
    Derek will be pissed that he gave her the chance to be ultimately honest with him, about a plan that he probably would've agreed with at least in principle and she fucking lied to his face.

That's betrayal, and betrayal is basically the most unforgivable sin.

*nods* Which is why I think there's more to Jesse's mission than we're being told by the writer's. Derek doesn't like Cameron and her presence in John's life anymore than, well, anyone else so he wouldn't have out and out opposed Jesse and made her stop.

Underdog on
  • SanguiniusSanguinius Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Yeah, I agree. He gave her the chance to 'fess up and all she did was make a crack about a toothbrush.

Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up offing her instead of Cameron - some kind of cliff hanger type thing where he either has to stop her killing Cameron, or has to save one or the other. Kind of plays into the whole tortured existance that Derek has, being forced to kill his girlfriend.

Sanguinius on
  • illigillig Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    i vote that Stephanie Jacobsen be added to the first post as a reason to watch the show

feel free to use a sexxxy pic :drool:

illig on
    edited December 2008
    She annoys me but I might just be reacting to her character.

Underdog on
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    She annoys me but I might just be reacting to her character.
    The character of a
    transplanted survivor of THE nuclear holocaust living a lie and life in the 'perfect' world that she could never have
    ?

After that reveal (which wasn't really surprising I guess), it put her character into context for me.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • EddieDeanEddieDean Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    That was a great episode, though while I get that the Terminator tried to fix the errors caused by his own timeline problems, I don't get his original mission and what happened with it. Can anyone fill me in?

EddieDean on
  • Richard_DastardlyRichard_Dastardly Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    EddieDean wrote: »
    That was a great episode, though while I get that the Terminator tried to fix the errors caused by his own timeline problems, I don't get his original mission and what happened with it. Can anyone fill me in?
    The terminator was supposed to assassinate a mayor for some reason. The mayor's name was on the bloody wall in the Connor's basement(followed by the three dots).

Richard_Dastardly on
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I loved his getup.

loved it.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • DoronronDoronron Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    When he was in the wall, I was reminded of the Roman Moroni 'bot in Johnny Dangerously.

Doronron on
  • XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Riley should have been at least as good looking as Cameron to make John putting up with her shit more believable. Jesse fooling Derek is easier to buy, for example (not just because she's attractive, but it helps in her being there and us having to view it). But some girl is better than no girl I suppose, but still- Riley is hanging around a guy who almost got her killed and no one finds it a little ODD?

Cameron should eliminate a threat to the safety of her primary mission objective. Then John can get a sluttier, hotter, girlfriend that cries wolf and makes him lose in GoW. :)

Xeddicus on
  • LizardLizard Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Doronron wrote: »
    When he was in the wall, I was reminded of the Roman Moroni 'bot in Johnny Dangerously.

Oh yeah!

A terminator programmed to say "Dear iceholes, I hope I kilt every one of you fargin' bastages"

Lizard on
  • ShensShens Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008

Was he Dale on Jericho?

:!:

Whopper Junior! Whopper Junior! Whopper Junior!

Shens on
  • Professor PhobosProfessor Phobos Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Season 3? Didn't this show get cancelled?

Professor Phobos on
  • Richard_DastardlyRichard_Dastardly Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Season 3? Didn't this show get cancelled?

Yeah it was. But then Fox executives from the future went back in time and a time paradox happened.

Richard_Dastardly on
  • override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I'd like to point out that as soon as Skynet took over, it nuked the world. It had to create its whole industrial complex basically from scrath. That, combined with the fact it had a relatively low amount of physical bodies to start with, is why humanity has a chance against Skynet.

Well, originally, SkyNET was conceived as controlling a whole host of automated military systems- from factories, to aircraft, to missiles, etc. It then herded survivors into work camps to build what it still needed after that.

Well skynet didn't nuke the world, it nuked other countries, who's missiles would be programmed to target military bases and industrial centers. I would imagine skynet didn't have a whole ton of industrial facilities to work with.

Do we know where the humans got plasma weapons? Is it possible that John Connor knew how to build them because he learned about them from a visitor from the future, and the only reason they exist is because of a paradox? Did he steal them from skynet? They seem to be the only reason humans have the upper hand. Skynet would have to kill hundreds of humans for each terminator lost (since it doesn't look like skynet got anywhere close to numerical superiority before the human resistance started) to win, and a plasma weapon allows a human to take out a terminator in a single shot.

override367 on
  • DoronronDoronron Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Lizard wrote: »
    Doronron wrote: »

Oh yeah!

A terminator programmed to say "Dear iceholes, I hope I kilt every one of you fargin' bastages"

Those suminonbatches...

Doronron on
  • the Togfatherthe Togfather Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

Was he Dale on Jericho?

HC: Thank you for this. Had been buggin the shit out of me. Man...kinda surprised by his acting chops...pretty different characters.

Now I want him back. Beat that cancer boy! C'mon!

the Togfather on
    The night is dark and full of terrors.
    twit feed
  • LizardLizard Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

Was he Dale on Jericho?

HC: Thank you for this. Had been buggin the shit out of me. Man...kinda surprised by his acting chops...pretty different characters.

I had never seen him before in anything and I instantly liked him a lot more than Thomas Dekker.

At first glance, I thought Cameron had gone out and snagged herself a boyfriend and
    before he met her, he could walk. Giggity giggity giggity.

Lizard on
  • ShensShens Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008

Was he Dale on Jericho?

Yeah. I couldn't figure it out. He played a much different character in this and he was fantastic. I kinda doubt we will see him again though, judging by the end of the episode.

Shens on
    edited December 2008
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    Riley should have been at least as good looking as Cameron to make John putting up with her shit more believable. Jesse fooling Derek is easier to buy, for example (not just because she's attractive, but it helps in here being there and us having to view it). But some girl is better than no girl I suppose, but still- Riley is hanging around a guy who almost got her killed and no one finds it a little ODD?

Cameron should eliminate a threat to the safety of her primary mission objective. Then John can get a sluttier, hotter, girlfriend that cries wolf and makes him lose in GoW. :)

....right, the guy who has never had a woman find him interesting at all is going to send her away because his killer robot from the future is hotter.

Raynaga on
  • DesertBoxDesertBox Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Sarah's three dots
    are the stars/time coordinates of 1920s Terminator or am i making the wrong connection here?

DesertBox on
  • JohnDoeJohnDoe Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I think that was the implication, yes.

JohnDoe on
  • SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    It's a motif. I mean, ignoring the fact that future dude would have no way of knowing about that particular photo (He would have to launch a major investigation in the library, which would have likely been destroyed), you would think that he would have left behind a better clue.

Still a good catch, but I seriously doubt that's what the dots mean.

Schrodinger on
  • dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    JohnDoe wrote: »
    I think that was the implication, yes.

i'm not exactly convinced. I mean when humans time travel, they go find a newspaper or ask someone. How do the humans know what the bots do post timewarp? That would be like the least effective way of communicating "wrong time warp."

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Also, it would be anti-climatic as hell.

Sarah: "ARRGGGHHH!!! DOTS!!!"

John: "Screw this, I'm ordering a pizza."

Derek: "Good idea. I hear that Dominos has dots now."

Sarah: "That must be it! We need to blow up Dominos! Because of the dots!"

Cameron: "Oh, you're still on that? Allow me to recap last night to you..."

(Five minutes later)

Sarah: "Well, that makes sense. Mystery solved."

Schrodinger on
    edited December 2008
    That's incredibly stupid.

But now I sound like the Heroes thread.

Raynaga on
  • override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I think you guys are just seeing dots everywhere

override367 on
    edited December 2008
    Pretty much, which I imagine was the creative team's intention.

Raynaga on
  • Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2008
    Wow, the general consensus is that Riley is from the future? [strike]I really don't think that's the case at all.[/strike]

On second thought, now that this thread has brought it up, and after looking into, I concede my last comment and join the status quo.

The evidence--especially all the talk of former foster parents--seems most convincing of this idea.

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I think Riley was just tapped by whatshername.

electricitylikesme on