As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Fat bottomed [chat] makes the rockin' world go round

1383940414244»

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    That's a long way away, Elki.

Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud on
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    DeShadowC wrote: »
    MikeMan wrote: »

Do you have two middle names?
    no

The wm had me curious.
    hmm?

gmail
    my middle name is william

my initials are thus MWM

MikeMan on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited December 2008
    The IT crowd is fucking terrible

Tube on
  • Options
    AlectharAlecthar Alan Shore We're not territorial about that sort of thing, are we?Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    That's a long way away, Elki.

It just seems like it.

Alecthar on
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    What would happen if new guy won the new [chat] and put his video in the OP?

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Daddy wants the chat!

Jokerman on
  • Options
    DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    my middle name is william

my initials are thus MWM

Ending for someone famous that I don't recognize then?

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    evilbob wrote: »
    What would happen if new guy won the new [chat] and put his video in the OP?
    ahahahahahaha

MikeMan on
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Whatever the last series was contained some of the funniest televisual moments ever televised, the first few episodes were indeed guff though.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    It would be the most glorious thing ever, Bob.

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    bang

e: damn

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    can't jailed

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    AlectharAlecthar Alan Shore We're not territorial about that sort of thing, are we?Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Let's see if I can nab this.

Alecthar on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    As I missed the mark...

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2008

You are incorrect. I will post a youtube video in a new thread explaining why.

Bogart on
  • Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Dammit, i lose again

Jokerman on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited December 2008
    20040218h.gif

Tycho wrote:
    It's easy to imagine the cool games that might be spawned by an Ender's Game movie, unfortunately, I doubt those will be the ones we see. It seems to me the odds of us being sodomized in this endeavor are very high.

It would appear that the wheel has come full circle again, and one of us has begun to question their gamer identity. I want to assure you that this is completely normal and that despair is not your only recourse. There are two powerful forces operating on your person, and if you let them they will wrest from you the ability to enjoy this passtime. I speak from experience - you might recall The Sucking series, when we indulged ourselves in the very emotions that have seized you.

External: You may be tempted to give ground to the notion that the "innovation" is gone from gaming, like the part-time pop nihilists to whom all Internet argument is ceded. This is a hipster's gambit, and it's one you would do well to apply a belt sander to. What you are saying is that you are incapable of being pleased. Instead of turning up your nose at the rich feast placed before us, you might ask yourself if you want to be a person for whom nothing is satisfactory. That's the trick of that position - to become so enamored of your own refined palette that no morsel can surmount your culling mechanism. Understand that this isn't the same as liking everything. You can be a huge snob and still be semi-permeable to amusement. I certainly don't waste my attention on bad games, and there's no need to invest your dwindling time and resources for gaming out of some twisted sense of equanimity. As far as the white stag "innovation" is concerned, if you're looking at the retail shelf you may be hard-pressed to find it at times. There are a number of reasons this is true, but for the purposes of this discussion just grant that the rigors of production, the development cycle, and the focus on densely packed, quarterly releases can sometimes obscure the good that there is to find. My point is that if you focus entirely on retail, that's like opening your bedroom door a crack and referring to that visible sliver as "the universe." I don't entertain the notion that Mod Authors - and let's call them what they are, independent developers - are in any way gripped by some malaise, and the release of a sequel to a popular franchise by a gigantic international corporation is not evidentiary of some canker at the core of gaming. If between four consoles and the personal computer you can't find some way to enjoy yourself, please send me your name and a picture so I can fucking avoid you. I don't want to catch whatever it is you have.

That leads into my next point, actually.

Internal: This phase of the conflict is critical indeed, but also strange and ridiculous in a way. I've been playing videogames for twenty-four years, as men reckon time. I identify myself as a gamer. It's a topic that I can discuss for hours, years in fact, if this website is any indicator. And so when I felt these sensations approaching, it seemed indicative of a serious personal fault. Maybe this is what my mom was talking about!!! and so forth. Maybe it was time to start not liking stuff and time to start... What, exactly? What are the other rituals that are, now that I am a man, preferable to gaming?

Why do I care?

I don't want to disappoint the young people in the audience, but there is not some kind of flaming arch you pass through and then you're an adult and you have to be serious about shit. It's easy to see from commercials the sorts of activities I should presumably be engaged in, but I'm fairly certain that American manhood is vague, internally contradictory and largely nonsensical. If I feel like ushering robot legions instead of riding broncos or joining a militia or whatever the fuck, I'm going to usher those Goddamn robot legions and that's pretty much the end of the story.

This all misses the point if you just think games are boring and don't want to play them anymore. There's not some gaming high council that is going to exile your ass for crimes against the community, go do something else for a while and if you like it keep doing it. If you don't like it anymore, then maybe you should come back and do this thing we're doing. Eventually, it won't matter if you played Syberia or got heavily into masonry.

Musical links have finally reached the point where it might be dangerous for me to contain them, so here goes. The indomitable father of Nerdcore Hip-hop MC Frontalot entered this week's Songfight competition, entitled "Romantic Cheapskate." It is excellent like every other song he has ever written. Also, belated congratulations to recent Songfight victors The Frontalittle Squad, who finally have a site I can link directly to. Metroid Metal specializes in what I consider to be fairly inspired renovations of those timeless themes, and of course we could always count on Game Over to apply their secret Swedish metal techniques to gaming classics. Enough good cannot be said about Overclocked Remix, presided over by eternally funky DJ Pretzel - but I found Quinn Fox's version of the Phantasy Star Online lobby music so Goddamned tender that no fork was required.

(CW)TB out.

martians are going to eat us

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited December 2008
    so tube now that you're here

was you de-adminning just for fun or was it supposed to be permanent and were you roped back in to adminning duties again

Just for fun, I was on vacation.

Tube on
This discussion has been closed.