Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Suicide is [chat]less

13637384042

Posts

  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    yeah, I was gonna say...Bare Naked Ladies?

    The 90's were a throwback to the 70's, it was a reaction to the almost futurism and abstraction of 80's music. It's why EVERYTHING is an acoustic or amplified acoustic instrument. The reason the 80's nostalgia in music has been going on for so long is not that it is not nostalgia at all -- the progression of pop music from 50's-80's has been resumed.

    edit* I mean, I love 90's pop music. But I think that it will be seen as somewhat anachronistic in the coming decades.

    Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • SarksusSarksus Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Yeah I like Electioneering a lot.

    Sarksus on
  • ProtoProto Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Proto wrote: »
    Woooo time to go home.

    But in the meantime one thing: Was just looking through the subset of mp3s I have at work and just have to ask all you youngin's on the board: what the fuck happened to music after circa 2000 or so? Did the shenanigans in Florida traumatize the fuck out of this country so bad that nearly everyone suddenly forgot how to rock?

    Ok, so the Gorillaz kick ass and I'm sure there are a few other isolated points of light but it seems like a whole lotta crap from where I'm standin'. Where is the Filter, Toadies, Nirvana, Collective Soul, Porno For Pyros, STP, Pearl Jam, Dead Milkmen, Our Lady Peace, Bare Naked Ladies, Presidents of the United States of America, Primitive Radio Gods, Splashdown or motherfukin' Sound Garden for this decade?

    oh man, you have gotten OLD.

    ...seriously...our lady peace? ugh.

    They didn't exactly have a wide body of work but Superman's Dead and Naveed were pretty damn good.

    Really I was just listing off the stuff I saw in the mp3s I have here at work.

    national embarrassment.

    you need to find some new stuff quick man.

    Proto on
    and her knees up on the glove compartment
    took out her barrettes and her hair spilled out like rootbeer
  • AntimatterAntimatter Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Anyone else like Voltaire? He does quirky, morbid songs.

    Antimatter on
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Frozen Tundra NYCRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    two positions in football that always make me giggle

    Tight End and Wide Receiver

    Casual Eddy on
    Elki wrote: »

    Casual Eddy: best poster 2014.
    tyrannus wrote: »
    Casual Eddy: best poster of 2015

    gotta update that stuff man
  • Element BrianElement Brian Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    evilbob wrote: »
    So I turned on the TV and what do you think I saw? Someone I graduated with from High School scoring a Touchdown on Monday Night Football.

    Did you know them or were you just in the same year as them?

    I played Halo with him a couple times. We weren't huge friends and I haven't really talked to him since graduating, but I'd say he probably would remember my name if he saw me.

    Element Brian on
    I like the idea of the carbonation in your pop being too much for your mormon body

    too worldly nooooo

    21stCentury makes cool Overwatch pixel gifs btw
  • durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    evilbob wrote: »
    So I turned on the TV and what do you think I saw? Someone I graduated with from High School scoring a Touchdown on Monday Night Football.

    Did you know them or were you just in the same year as them?

    I played Halo with him a couple times. We weren't huge friends and I haven't really talked to him since graduating, but I'd say he probably would remember my name if he saw me.

    Ask him for money!

    durandal4532 on
    camo_sig2.png
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Podly wrote: »
    yeah, I was gonna say...Bare Naked Ladies?

    The 90's was a throwback to the 70's, it was a reaction to the almost futurism and abstraction of 80's music. It's why EVERYTHING is an acoustic or amplified acoustic instrument. The reason the 80's nostalgia in music has been going on for so long is not that it is not nostalgia at all -- the progression of pop music from 50's-80's has been resumed.

    This is some bullshit right here. Everything is an acoustic? What the shit is this? Nirvana did more than just their "unplugged" concert.

    The best music of the 90s was an outgrowth of the good half of 80s music. EG: Metal. You can trace it back to a very few pioneers in the 70s (Dead Kennedys, Queen etc...) but seriously: Fuck Disco

    I think the "nostalgia" for the shitty half of the 80s is more a testament to the popularity and availability of E than anything else.

    RiemannLives on
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    two positions in football that always make me giggle

    Tight End and Wide Receiver
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showpost.php?p=7014097&postcount=1027

    Elendil on
  • ProtoProto Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Elendil wrote: »
    Proto wrote: »
    Cokebotle wrote: »
    Have you heard the version by Brad Mehldau? It's pretty awesome.

    the jazz pianist?

    oh man, i have to find that.
    He did Exit Music too I think

    why is last.fm so dumb? I can't play what I want to play...

    Proto on
    and her knees up on the glove compartment
    took out her barrettes and her hair spilled out like rootbeer
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    two positions in football that always make me giggle

    Tight End and Wide Receiver

    i dont get it.

    Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Proto wrote: »
    Elendil wrote: »
    Proto wrote: »
    Cokebotle wrote: »
    Have you heard the version by Brad Mehldau? It's pretty awesome.

    the jazz pianist?

    oh man, i have to find that.
    He did Exit Music too I think

    why is last.fm so dumb? I can't play what I want to play...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWkOxYKNZOs

    Elendil on
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Podly wrote: »
    yeah, I was gonna say...Bare Naked Ladies?

    The 90's was a throwback to the 70's, it was a reaction to the almost futurism and abstraction of 80's music. It's why EVERYTHING is an acoustic or amplified acoustic instrument. The reason the 80's nostalgia in music has been going on for so long is not that it is not nostalgia at all -- the progression of pop music from 50's-80's has been resumed.

    This is some bullshit right here. Everything is an acoustic? What the shit is this? Nirvana did more than just their "unplugged" concert.

    The best music of the 90s was an outgrowth of the good half of 80s music. EG: Metal. You can trace it back to a very few pioneers in the 70s (Dead Kennedys, Queen etc...) but seriously: Fuck Disco

    I think the "nostalgia" for the shitty half of the 80s is more a testament to the popularity and availability of E than anything else.

    The guitar is an acoustic instrument. Even an electric guitar has a pick-up that picks up the acoustic waves. There is a reason that overdrive (Big muff Pi, etc) came back in the 80's but you do not see a lot of bit-crushing, wave-table moduluation, etc. Distortion is simply a degradation in acoustic audio quality. Sooooo...you're wrong there.

    Metal is not pop music. And people that say fuck disco are generally losers who don't like to dance.

    Annnnnnd you might be right about the last part :P

    Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • StarcrossStarcross Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    two positions in football that always make me giggle

    Tight End and Wide Receiver

    Rugby has a hooker.

    Starcross on
  • ProtoProto Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Barenaked Ladies were much better before people in the US heard of them.

    Proto on
    and her knees up on the glove compartment
    took out her barrettes and her hair spilled out like rootbeer
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Gooey wrote: »
    two positions in football that always make me giggle

    Tight End and Wide Receiver

    i dont get it.

    IT'S BECAUSE HE'S GAY

    RIGHT EDDY?

    IT'S BECAUSE YOU'RE GAY.

    Ludious on
  • ResRes __BANNED USERS
    edited December 2008
    is taking Psyc 1100 and 1101 at the same time a bad idea

    Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PicardathonPicardathon Registered User
    edited December 2008
    Ludious wrote: »
    Gooey wrote: »
    two positions in football that always make me giggle

    Tight End and Wide Receiver

    i dont get it.

    IT'S BECAUSE HE'S GAY

    RIGHT EDDY?

    IT'S BECAUSE YOU'RE GAY.

    Tight end is obvious, but why wide receiver?
    ...
    ooooh, I get it!

    Picardathon on
  • ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS
    edited December 2008
    Podly wrote: »
    Podly wrote: »
    yeah, I was gonna say...Bare Naked Ladies?

    The 90's was a throwback to the 70's, it was a reaction to the almost futurism and abstraction of 80's music. It's why EVERYTHING is an acoustic or amplified acoustic instrument. The reason the 80's nostalgia in music has been going on for so long is not that it is not nostalgia at all -- the progression of pop music from 50's-80's has been resumed.

    This is some bullshit right here. Everything is an acoustic? What the shit is this? Nirvana did more than just their "unplugged" concert.

    The best music of the 90s was an outgrowth of the good half of 80s music. EG: Metal. You can trace it back to a very few pioneers in the 70s (Dead Kennedys, Queen etc...) but seriously: Fuck Disco

    I think the "nostalgia" for the shitty half of the 80s is more a testament to the popularity and availability of E than anything else.

    The guitar is an acoustic instrument. Even an electric guitar has a pick-up that picks up the acoustic waves. There is a reason that overdrive (Big muff Pi, etc) came back in the 80's but you do not see a lot of bit-crushing, wave-table moduluation, etc. Distortion is simply a degradation in acoustic audio quality. Sooooo...you're wrong there.

    Metal is not pop music. And people that say fuck disco are generally losers who don't like to dance.

    Annnnnnd you might be right about the last part :P

    Everything you just said about how an electric guitar works is either incorrect or stated sufficiently incorrectly that it would be unreasonable to expect people to assume you have any idea what you're talking about. Electric guitars are absolutely not acoustic instruments. The pickups translate fluctuating magnetic resonance into electrical signals, the sound happens at the amp. Distortion pedals can alter the electrical signals without degrading them perceptibly if it's a good pedal.

    ViolentChemistry on
    DAMM
    Drunks Against Mad Mothers
  • AlectharAlecthar Alan Shore We're not territorial about that sort of thing, are we?Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Res wrote: »
    is taking Psyc 1100 and 1101 at the same time a bad idea

    I'm gonna say no, unless for some reason your college has unreasonably hard intro psych classes.

    Then again, I don't know how difficult intro college psych is for people who don't have school psychologists as parents.

    Alecthar on
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Baby Psych classes are retardedly easy Res.

    Like, I did not show up to a single psych class and got an A in the class.

    Zen Vulgarity on
    oVSbgTI.png For more artwork like this, check out Jakub Rozalski's imgur
  • ResRes __BANNED USERS
    edited December 2008
    Ludious wrote: »
    Gooey wrote: »
    two positions in football that always make me giggle

    Tight End and Wide Receiver

    i dont get it.

    IT'S BECAUSE HE'S GAY

    RIGHT EDDY?

    IT'S BECAUSE YOU'RE GAY.

    Tight end is obvious, but why wide receiver?
    ...
    ooooh, I get it!

    I'm confused. Someone explain it to me.

    Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ResRes __BANNED USERS
    edited December 2008
    Baby Psych classes are retardedly easy Res.

    Like, I did not show up to a single psych class and got an A in the class.

    Okay. That's how it always was in high school but I wasn't sure about college.

    Well, to be more precise, I wasn't as sure about the college courses a moment ago as I was at registration when I thought "Ha, these first classes will be easy, I don't need to wait until next term for 1101!"

    Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Apparently my ballsac area smells really awful after sitting in the same leather chair for four hours

    into the shower I go

    I mean if you have any psych background at all the baby psych classes will be especially retarded

    I took AP Psych in high school and I took two concurrent 2000 level psych classes and did the same thing

    Fucking humanities requirements.

    Zen Vulgarity on
    oVSbgTI.png For more artwork like this, check out Jakub Rozalski's imgur
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Frozen Tundra NYCRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    A wide receiver would be someone that takes it up the ass a ridiculous amount

    Casual Eddy on
    Elki wrote: »

    Casual Eddy: best poster 2014.
    tyrannus wrote: »
    Casual Eddy: best poster of 2015

    gotta update that stuff man
  • Element BrianElement Brian Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Apparently my ballsac area smells really awful after sitting in the same leather chair for four hours

    into the shower I go

    I mean if you have any psych background at all the baby psych classes will be especially retarded

    I took AP Psych in high school and I took two concurrent 2000 level psych classes and did the same thing

    Fucking humanities requirements.

    Same old, same old then?

    Element Brian on
    I like the idea of the carbonation in your pop being too much for your mormon body

    too worldly nooooo

    21stCentury makes cool Overwatch pixel gifs btw
  • ResRes __BANNED USERS
    edited December 2008
    My school did not offer AP but my lowest grade in a HS psychology course was a 98.

    The teacher for the 98 class was an absent-minded dufus, though.

    Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Podly wrote: »
    Podly wrote: »
    yeah, I was gonna say...Bare Naked Ladies?

    The 90's was a throwback to the 70's, it was a reaction to the almost futurism and abstraction of 80's music. It's why EVERYTHING is an acoustic or amplified acoustic instrument. The reason the 80's nostalgia in music has been going on for so long is not that it is not nostalgia at all -- the progression of pop music from 50's-80's has been resumed.

    This is some bullshit right here. Everything is an acoustic? What the shit is this? Nirvana did more than just their "unplugged" concert.

    The best music of the 90s was an outgrowth of the good half of 80s music. EG: Metal. You can trace it back to a very few pioneers in the 70s (Dead Kennedys, Queen etc...) but seriously: Fuck Disco

    I think the "nostalgia" for the shitty half of the 80s is more a testament to the popularity and availability of E than anything else.

    The guitar is an acoustic instrument. Even an electric guitar has a pick-up that picks up the acoustic waves. There is a reason that overdrive (Big muff Pi, etc) came back in the 80's but you do not see a lot of bit-crushing, wave-table moduluation, etc. Distortion is simply a degradation in acoustic audio quality. Sooooo...you're wrong there.

    Metal is not pop music. And people that say fuck disco are generally losers who don't like to dance.

    Annnnnnd you might be right about the last part :P

    Everything you just said about how an electric guitar works is either incorrect or stated sufficiently incorrectly that it would be unreasonable to expect people to assume you have any idea what you're talking about. Electric guitars are absolutely not acoustic instruments. The pickups translate fluctuating magnetic resonance into electrical signals, the sound happens at the amp. Distortion pedals can alter the electrical signals without degrading them perceptibly if it's a good pedal.

    Oh, does a guitar cord turn the electroacoustic wave into a digital oscillation somehow? Oh, I must be terribly wrong. You're right -- it turned the acoustic forments into binaries. How stupid of me.

    Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • SarksusSarksus Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    These maps I am making are pretty sweet, like diabetic Radiohead.

    Sarksus on
  • evilbobevilbob Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    A wide receiver would be someone that takes it up the ass a ridiculous amount

    What about if they only take it up the arse a moderate amount, but are fat?

    evilbob on
    DDLLLLDL - Bottom in November
    WWDWDWWWWDWWWWLDWWW - Premiers in April
    WW - Champions in May

  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Res wrote: »
    My school did not offer AP but my lowest grade in a HS psychology course was a 98.

    The teacher for the 98 class was an absent-minded dufus, though.
    WARNING WARNING

    baby psych courses are usually taught by grad students or shitty stupid professors so expect the same

    Zen Vulgarity on
    oVSbgTI.png For more artwork like this, check out Jakub Rozalski's imgur
  • ResRes __BANNED USERS
    edited December 2008
    "Sweet Diabetic Radiohead" is going to be my expletive from now on.

    Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gundam470gundam470 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Is it dufus or doofus or both?

    I've always spelled it doofus.

    gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I have to hunt down Radiohead B-sides

    Though the concept of B-sides vexes me

    Elendil on
  • ResRes __BANNED USERS
    edited December 2008
    Res wrote: »
    My school did not offer AP but my lowest grade in a HS psychology course was a 98.

    The teacher for the 98 class was an absent-minded dufus, though.
    WARNING WARNING

    baby psych courses are usually taught by grad students or shitty stupid professors so expect the same

    What, losing one page of one of my tests and making me lose two points on my final grade?

    Yeah that annoyed me slightly. I would have had a hat trick if I had gotten a 100 in that one course.

    Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Ludious wrote: »
    Gooey wrote: »
    two positions in football that always make me giggle

    Tight End and Wide Receiver

    i dont get it.

    IT'S BECAUSE HE'S GAY

    RIGHT EDDY?

    IT'S BECAUSE YOU'RE GAY.

    OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

    i get it

    Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Elendil wrote: »
    I have to hunt down Radiohead B-sides

    Though the concept of B-sides vexes me

    B-Sides are songs that may or may not have been released on an LP that are released on the single or single EP.

    Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • VariableVariable Ted Hitler Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    about to stall Office 2007 and I'm strangely excited.

    Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | WiiU-Variable | 3DS-3866-8105-7478 | Steam | Twitch
    Sig%20-%20Wrestling.png
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Res wrote: »
    Res wrote: »
    My school did not offer AP but my lowest grade in a HS psychology course was a 98.

    The teacher for the 98 class was an absent-minded dufus, though.
    WARNING WARNING

    baby psych courses are usually taught by grad students or shitty stupid professors so expect the same

    What, losing one page of one of my tests and making me lose two points on my final grade?

    Yeah that annoyed me slightly. I would have had a hat trick if I had gotten a 100 in that one course.
    At least take some important courses like physics or mathematics

    Zen Vulgarity on
    oVSbgTI.png For more artwork like this, check out Jakub Rozalski's imgur
  • ResRes __BANNED USERS
    edited December 2008
    A wide receiver would be someone that takes it up the ass a ridiculous amount

    I see, I see. *scribbles notes*

    And could you explain the tight end?

    Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.