As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Work [chat], to counter the everyday suck!

• Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Haphazard wrote: »
    The picture in the OP is apt.

Yeah. Jojo, do you know how long I didn't have any smarties? Decades.
    M&Ms seem to have have pushed them off the shelves over here.
    I would send you some, but they've become a hollow shadow of their former selves. The colours muted as they changed to "natural" colourings, the cylindrical packets have become hexagonal prisms. And they no longer have little plastic tops with a letter on that you can fire by stamping on the packet.

D:

Is there nothing sacred?

Haphazard on
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Stupid rain

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    why isn't there a thread about the retarded govenor of illinois trying to sell obamas senate seat?

i want another political yelling match damnit.
    We have a wide range of... personalities here, but I think even we would be hard pressed to find someone willing to defend that guy.

Bama on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Uh, there is an instant kill system in 2, Reload, Slash, and Accent Core.

So I don't know what you're babbling about.

And you can use them, and you can use them perfectly fine, against medium/decent skilled players if you know their timing.

Yeah but it's limited and nerfed to hell. They work automatically and the only thing you have to do is block them? And you can only use them once?

lol, wut?
    No, that makes far more sense. It's high-risk, high-reward, like it should be.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    morning, [chat]

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Stupid rain

I read this in a Tay Zonday voice.

I hate myself.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I will probably still end up seeing the dragonball movie in theatres though.

*stabs*

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

And you can use them, and you can use them perfectly fine, against medium/decent skilled players if you know their timing.

Yeah but it's limited and nerfed to hell. They work automatically and the only thing you have to do is block them? And you can only use them once?

lol, wut?

The risk in the original was that when the screen flashed if your opponent responded faster they could actually instant kill you.

In the original you had to initiate the instant kill, the screen flashed red and you had to enter a series of buttons to complete the kill. Your opponent had to enter the opposite before you could finish to counter the kill.

That could be initiated at any point during the game without limitation. It made everything so much more fun because in the middle of a combo you could throw out the instant kill chance and your opponent would have to react to it. Or on the other hand you could get locked going back and forth hastily entering the command to cancel or initiate.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Smarties are an abomination.

Bama on
  • Options
    JamesKeenanJamesKeenan Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    That Sigma One Seven blog was enjoyable, if you treat it as a work of fiction. It's obviously someone that's retarded, but as a story, it's not half bad.

There's a difference between 'anti-democrat' and ignorant jackass.

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Aldo wrote: »
    holy fuck guys, yesterday I mailed a researcher about how kids seem to have a stereotypical mental image of their own country and she is all interested now. Said I could maybe do research on it and if it's any good I could get an abridged version published in a book a co-worker of hers is writing.

The fun thing is that I just wrote it because I was honestly interested in the subject and I didn't even think about my own career.
    The best research is stuff you actually care about.

For sure. Hopefully I can remain interested in the subject if I decide to go through with it.

Aldo on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Bama wrote: »
    why isn't there a thread about the retarded govenor of illinois trying to sell obamas senate seat?

We have a wide range of... personalities here, but I think even we would be hard pressed to find someone willing to defend that guy.

i was really looking foreward to seeing another.... polarizing thread...

i guess we have to wait until the story takes its turn for the worse.... like he gets off or something.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2008
    That Sigma One Seven blog was enjoyable, if you treat it as a work of fiction. It's obviously someone that's retarded, but as a story, it's not half bad.

And there's a difference between taking something serious and just enjoying the story.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I will probably still end up seeing the dragonball movie in theatres though.

*stabs*

Your e stabs are weak lil one. I barely felt that!

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    So I'm DJing the visual art department's Christmas party. Since they think they're so cool, they only want like 40% christmas music. Which is annoying, because that's actually going to make it harder to DJ.

That, and, you know, I don't have any god damn christmas music!

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    hey dudes

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I feel awful. I think it's a combination of the cold weather and feeling a tad sick :|

Tav on
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I like fighting games sometimes but damn are there about 3 dozen Japanese 2D 150 hit combo games that completely confound me. Basically every time Aroduc posts I go into shock for a while.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

lol, wut?

The risk in the original was that when the screen flashed if your opponent responded faster they could actually instant kill you.

In the original you had to initiate the instant kill, the screen flashed red and you had to enter a series of buttons to complete the kill. Your opponent had to enter the opposite before you could finish to counter the kill.

That could be initiated at any point during the game without limitation. It made everything so much more fun because in the middle of a combo you could throw out the instant kill chance and your opponent would have to react to it. Or on the other hand you could get locked going back and forth hastily entering the command to cancel or initiate.

i need someone to respond to my nerd rage.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    It's like 65 here. It's really scary.

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008

lol, wut?

First, I know what instant kills were like in the original and I thought they were done. And second, there's the bolded reason why it was dumb.

Guilty Gear is supposed to be a fighting game at heart and, based on the newer game design in two, based around more combos being strung together based around cancels. The instant kill system is fine because you can initiate it at any time, have the option to use it at any time, and hit someone in virtually any part of their animation and kill them. So, again, against moderately to decently skilled players it still works.

The old way was dumb, the new way is better but more selective in use. Get used to it and learn some 90% strings.

I think you're also being a class-a retard in your nerdrage.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Podly wrote: »
    So I'm DJing the visual art department's Christmas party. Since they think they're so cool, they only want like 40% christmas music. Which is annoying, because that's actually going to make it harder to DJ.

That, and, you know, I don't have any god damn christmas music!
    Is that by number of songs or running time? If they are giving you a percentage then they need to define it properly.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Just put a house mix under the dog barking jingle bells song

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Just put a house mix under the dog barking jingle bells song
    bark bark bark (UNF UNF UNF)
    bark bark bark (UNF UNF UNF)
    bark bark bark bark-bark (UNF UNF UNF)

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I think I'm just gonna play christmas songs and some shit like New Order and MGMT and Cut Copy

ugh

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    sup

MikeMan on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    fb5c47920c453467dcc3297b1dc01975.jpg

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I think I'm just gonna play christmas songs and some shit like New Order and MGMT and Cut Copy

ugh

I dunno. I first heard MGMT and hated them, and then they were kinda meh, then I hated them again. I falt the same about Hadouken!.

Tav on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    fb5c47920c453467dcc3297b1dc01975.jpg

HA!

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Awwwwwwwww

*realizes it spells Satan*

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Tav wrote: »

ugh

I dunno. I first heard MGMT and hated them, and then they were kinda meh, then I hated them again. I falt the same about Hadouken!.
    Hadouken have one good song, and it's a remix of Prayer by Bloc Party.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    JamesKeenanJamesKeenan Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

And there's a difference between taking something serious and just enjoying the story.

Then you're a better man than me, because I lost my sense of humor about crap like that a long time ago.

I mean, I still love Ender's Game despite Orson Scott Card being a crazy.

But this is just ridiculous.

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    xmas-santa.jpg

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I like fighting games sometimes but damn are there about 3 dozen Japanese 2D 150 hit combo games that completely confound me. Basically every time Aroduc posts I go into shock for a while.

Yeah, combos are pretty much the least interesting aspect of fighting games to me.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited December 2008
    jacobkosh wrote: »
    That DS book thing that Incenj posted about in the last thread looks awesome. I could actually totally go for that.

DS screen, though.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I just realized that girl in Podly's post has no shirt on.

Where the fuck did you find this picture, Pods?

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Inquisitor wrote: »

Yeah, combos are pretty much the least interesting aspect of fighting games to me.
    And that's why Street Fighter IV is the best.

And the only game that pulls off combos well is Virtua Fighter.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    AstraphobiaAstraphobia Lightning Bolt! Lightning Bolt! Root! Sleep! Death!Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Bama wrote: »

i was really looking foreward to seeing another.... polarizing thread...

i guess we have to wait until the story takes its turn for the worse.... like he gets off or something.

The closest you'd come to a polarizing thread is me saying "Living in Chicago and flying to Springfield wasn't that bad" with probably everyone else saying it was. Having lived in Springfield and Chicago, duder gets a thumbs up for staying in Chicago schools vs. Springfield. Even so.. I didn't/couldn't/wouldn't vote for the guy. I have yet to vote in an IL governors race because of asshats like Blagojevich and Ryan.

At least in Blago's case, however, his crimes didn't indirectly lead to a series of vehicular manslaughter cases.

Astraphobia on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Elki wrote: »
    jacobkosh wrote: »
    That DS book thing that Incenj posted about in the last thread looks awesome. I could actually totally go for that.

DS screen, though.

Yeah, would be pretty hard on the eyes after a while, I imagine.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    And that's why Street Fighter IV is the best.

And the only game that pulls off combos well is Virtua Fighter.

I haven't had a chance to play SFIV. I really should pick up SFIIHD for the 360 already.

Inquisitor on
This discussion has been closed.