As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

COSMOS FANTASTICA: Marvel Cosmic B.S. Thread

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Blame the writers, not the characters.

DouglasDanger on
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Yeah, I know. He justs treats the news in such an uninterested way. Maybe he just didn't trust Super Skrull?

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    How's the new issue? It was sold out by the time I got to the shop - I ordered a copy online, should be here today.

Hensler on
  • deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Really really good.

deadonthestreet on
    edited December 2006
    I think the title of this thread pretty much sums it up. The issue answers the following questions: how bad ass is Ronan? How much ass can be kicked by a Ronan/Kl'rt team up? Why should you not fuck around with Galactus?

The Annihilation wave is so fucked.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Bob The MonkeyBob The Monkey Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    wwtMask wrote:
    Why should you not fuck around with Galactus?

[spoiler:2d02620c62]Know me, Annihilus. Know me...

...and know fear!
    [/spoiler:2d02620c62]

Bob The Monkey on
  • MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    [spoiler:c282a1e50e] Im impressed
    you do not tell him I said that[/spoiler:c282a1e50e]

The section with those three was just so bad ass.

Marathon on
    edited December 2006
    So, Ronan accused a lot of people in this issue.

Accused them right in the heads.

Bob The Monkey on
    edited December 2006
    And then judged them six ways from Sunday.

Marathon on
  • Romero ZombieRomero Zombie Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Thanks so much for sending me this series, Marathon. Today was my new comic day and I can't wait to go home and read it.

Romero Zombie on
    steam_sig.png
  • tehfalconertehfalconer moonrocks in my noseRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    So, Ronan accused a lot of people in this issue.

Accused them right in the heads.
    I laughed at how the Centurions were just staring around in the background and then all of a sudden just teleport out of there.

Also, I just read Ultimate Fantastic Four and that version of Annihilus is a punk.

tehfalconer on
    ... you will be the falcon, and I shall remain... The Falconer!
  • GoodCitizenGoodCitizen Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Annihilation 6 out today...

Take note civil war editors/writers, THIS is how you change the status quo in a comic book! The galactic side of the Marvel universe has achieved the level of tension that Civil war is trying to create on the terrestial side.

[spoiler:1e9cc009c0]Ravenous has control over the skrull sectors and a large section of the kree empire?
    Annihilus reborn?
    Drax out loose with his main motivation for living gone?
    Hungry galactus with surfer back beside him?[/spoiler:1e9cc009c0]

Should be interesting to see all those things play out in the future.

GoodCitizen on
    Benjamin Franklin used foil covered window glass to create a capacitor. He then attempted to kill a turkey with the stored charge. Instead, he knocked himself out. Franklin later wrote, "I tried to kill a turkey but nearly succeeded in killing a goose."
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I'm kicking myself for not following Annihilation to begin with (I love cosmic spectacle). But now I'm going to wait for the trades to come out before I tuck in. I like cosmic spectacle even better without ads.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • Romero ZombieRomero Zombie Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Just picked this up. So much better than Civil War in every way possible…I'm surprised that I enjoyed a book with characters that I know little to nothing about. I've heard of all of them…just never really read much up on them. Last scene with Nova and Annihilus…man. I have a feeling that the ending to Civil War is going to fail in comparison.

Romero Zombie on
    steam_sig.png
  • GoodCitizenGoodCitizen Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Just picked this up. So much better than Civil War in every way possible…I'm surprised that I enjoyed a book with characters that I know little to nothing about. I've heard of all of them…just never really read much up on them. Last scene with Nova and Annihilus…man. I have a feeling that the ending to Civil War is going to fail in comparison.

[spoiler:11ae353551]What if it ends the exact same way?
    I can see it now. Captain America reaches into Stark's mouth slot and pulls out his liver.
    It'd be a classic![/spoiler:11ae353551]

GoodCitizen on
    Benjamin Franklin used foil covered window glass to create a capacitor. He then attempted to kill a turkey with the stored charge. Instead, he knocked himself out. Franklin later wrote, "I tried to kill a turkey but nearly succeeded in killing a goose."
    edited February 2007
    If we learned anything from Annihilation, we learned this:

Do not EVER fuck with Galactus. :shock:

wwtMask on
  • mattharvestmattharvest Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    wwtMask wrote:

Of course, this just makes it more and more absurd that any Earthlings - however super-powered - beat him repeatedly.

I mean, it seems like Galactus would have just unleashed this sort of destructive power on Earth, given that the insult to him (threatening him w/ the Ultimate Nullifier, his own weapon) was nearly as bad as this (draining his power).

I also [spoiler:d7c07bf7e0]hate the whole 'Annihilus reborn' thing, because I find the whole resurrection thing so trite that the only way to make it worse is to have the resurrection occur in the same issue as the death.[/spoiler:d7c07bf7e0]

mattharvest on
  • NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    wwtMask wrote:

Of course, this just makes it more and more absurd that any Earthlings - however super-powered - beat him repeatedly.

I mean, it seems like Galactus would have just unleashed this sort of destructive power on Earth, given that the insult to him (threatening him w/ the Ultimate Nullifier, his own weapon) was nearly as bad as this (draining his power).

I also [spoiler:8b3b7a6ff1]hate the whole 'Annihilus reborn' thing, because I find the whole resurrection thing so trite that the only way to make it worse is to have the resurrection occur in the same issue as the death.[/spoiler:8b3b7a6ff1]

Yeah but to do so, would sort've destroy a buttload of planets the are potentially food for him. I think this was a rather extreme measure, that I doubt he would go to again.

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • IrohIroh Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    wwtMask wrote:

I also [spoiler:760a10431e]hate the whole 'Annihilus reborn' thing, because I find the whole resurrection thing so trite that the only way to make it worse is to have the resurrection occur in the same issue as the death.[/spoiler:760a10431e]

[spoiler:760a10431e]It's kind of lame, but at the same time, I look at is as a vessel for some awesome characters like Ronan and Super-Skrull to make another big appearance.[/spoiler:760a10431e]

Iroh on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HoA-playerHoA-player Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Awesome.

AWESOME!

I have one little nitpick tho.

[spoiler:9c3947ace0]Whatever happened to Tenebrous of the Darkness Between and Aegis, Lady of All Sorrows?
    They took down Galactus and don't even get mentioned in the epiloge.[/spoiler:9c3947ace0]

Also:

[spoiler:9c3947ace0]re Annihilus reborn:

Annihilation 2: Annihilate Harder

:D[/spoiler:9c3947ace0]

HoA-player on
    edited February 2007
    All right guys, the war is over. So now we must decide who was badassiest in the series. I propose doing so by ranking the our top 5 of the major players in terms of badassiness. For fairness, we'll disregard Galactus, Tenebrous, and Aegis.

1. Ronan
    2. Super Skrull (w/ Praxagora)
    3. Nova
    4. Drax
    5. Annihilus

Honorable mentions: Silver Surfer, Thanos, Gamora, Quasar, the Kree Army, Ravenous

wwtMask on
  • DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I am so looking forward to the trades of this oh man.

Dayspring on
    My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
    edited February 2007
    HoA-player wrote:
    Awesome.

AWESOME!

I have one little nitpick tho.

[spoiler:0c1829179d]Whatever happened to Tenebrous of the Darkness Between and Aegis, Lady of All Sorrows?
    They took down Galactus and don't even get mentioned in the epiloge.[/spoiler:0c1829179d]

The Silver Surfer section of the Heralds of Galactus miniseries spinning out of Annihilation covers this.

Bob The Monkey on
  • delphinusdelphinus Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    [spoiler:c1ce69c8e4]Thanos of Titan, Dead?[/spoiler:c1ce69c8e4]

I....I think I need to sit down.... :shock:

delphinus on
  • kdrudykdrudy Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    delphinus wrote:
    [spoiler:c064b6c414]Thanos of Titan, Dead?[/spoiler:c064b6c414]

I....I think I need to sit down.... :shock:

And Adam Warlock nowhere to be found, shocks me more.

kdrudy on
    tvsfrank.jpg
  • Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Isnt he residing outside the universe for a little bit though?

Synthetic Orange on
  • tehfalconertehfalconer moonrocks in my noseRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I have a quick question about one of the loose ends: [spoiler:1e235c464b]Whats up with Cammi and Tinkerbell (or whatever the fairy's name is)? I never understood the relationship between Cammi & Drax and I'm not sure what's being hinted at with Thanos' buddy on her shoulder.[/spoiler:1e235c464b]

tehfalconer on
    ... you will be the falcon, and I shall remain... The Falconer!
    edited February 2007
    [spoiler:cd93b6d0ca]The thing between Drax and Cammi was a father/daughter type relationship, something they were likely both used but had lost at some point. The way I understand it is that Drax hadn't seen Moondragon in a long time, and of course Cammi is in outer-space when originally from Alaska, so that kind of speaks for itself.
    As for the pixie, I have no idea.[/spoiler:cd93b6d0ca]

Iroh on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2007
    Oh man this series was so good. This is how I wish Civil War could be. I know it can't because it's not supposed to be a clearcut story of good vs. evil like this, but Annhilation is by far my favorite event.

I kinda wanna track down the Heralds of Galactus miniseries and check out the action there. Maybe ill wait for the trade though.

So many good points in the last issue. My favorite would have to be.
    [spoiler:bda00e40d3]Go Surfer, HERALD MY RAGE![/spoiler:bda00e40d3]
    badassness all around.

Marathon on
  • delphinusdelphinus Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    in the last issue, what were those blue pills floating around galactus?

edit:
    this is my new super spoilerific, awesome-tastic desktop

http://img57.imageshack.us/my.php?image=annihilation6006007ov0.jpg

delphinus on
    edited February 2007
    [spoiler:811cfbf4cf]The blue pills were where Annhylis had been storing the power cosmic that he had siphened off from Galactus. My guess is that he reabsorbed them after he broke free.[/spoiler:811cfbf4cf]

Marathon on
    edited April 2007
    So what is going on with this event now? I though it was over, but Annihilation books keep coming out. Like that awesome looking Star-Lord thing. That cover is sooo good. Pulp asswhoopery IN SPACE

(yeah, i am ressurecting the thread, to discuss the new minis in more detail or something)

DouglasDanger on
    edited April 2007
    Basically the Annihilation Wave succeeded in wiping out most of the universe, so this is kind of the reconstruction phase following the war. There were still remnants of the wave and power vacuums leftover on most of the planets that were involved that people like Firelord are still taking care of.

Iroh on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Annihilation basically destroyed a lot of old empires and reduced a vast section of the galaxy to wild-west type lawlessness and atmosphere. Annihilation Conquest looks like it's following up with lots of new folks trying to make their way in this new status quo.

annihilwraithap3.jpg
    Gunwhip! GUNWHIP! or maybe tentaclegun! TENTACLEGUN!

Synthetic Orange on
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I'll bet that guy will kick so much ass.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
    edited April 2007
    Star-Lord cover:
    annihilstrldon5.th.jpg

Star-Lord talky:
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=10322

That is one awesome looking costume.

I wonder if Ronan will make a new Plex somehow. It seems like it would be useful, with the Kree being such a giant nation.

This Wraith guy looks interesting.

DouglasDanger on
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Wraith looks like an albino samurai who dresses in the style of Clint Eastwood from The Good the Bad and the Ugly. Tack on some techno-organic tools/weapons and some red eyes and bingo: new character.

*Not interested*

Caveman Paws on
  • mattharvestmattharvest Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Wraith looks like an albino samurai who dresses in the style of Clint Eastwood from The Good the Bad and the Ugly. Tack on some techno-organic tools/weapons and some red eyes and bingo: new character.

*Not interested*

I just don't get the tentacle-gun thing...I mean conceptually, I don't understand it.

Is it really just a whip? Will it fire energy blasts like those odd Ferengi weapons from their first TNG episode? What does it do?

I'm a little more fond of the aesthetic than you, except the albino thing. Of course, with a character named 'Wraith', pale skin might be obligatory.

mattharvest on
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Stargate, but not Sg-1. He even has the same name as their bad dudes. Bad form.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Wraith's "attire" does look good, but when I can guess where the inspiration comes from and see they barely changed a thing I sort of grade it a bit lower overall.

Someone find a pic of clint eastwood with his pancho and you'll see what I mean.

Caveman Paws on