As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

how do you reset the 360 resolution?

DarkSymphonyDarkSymphony Registered User regular
edited December 2008 in Games and Technology
I was playing my 360 on my hidef TV and now am at my friends place with his standard def set. how would I go about resetting the reso so I can have video? and this is with using the new dashboard.

DarkSymphony on

• Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I assume the new dashboard hasn't changed it:
    1. Remove any discs from the disc tray.
    2. Turn the console off.
    3. Turn the console on.
    Note If you are using an Xbox 360 Wireless Controller, turn the console on by using the Xbox Guide button on the controller. Make sure that you use the player 1 controller when you do this. The player 1 controller will have the upper-left quadrant light illuminated.
    4. As the console starts, press and hold the Y button, and then pull the right trigger at the same time.
    5. The Xbox Dashboard resets the display settings to the default settings, and then automatically restarts the console.

LewieP on
  • Options
    NorfairNorfair Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    NVM, beat'd soundly by Lewie P.

Norfair on
  • Options
    chasmchasm Ill-tempered Texan Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Or he could just flip the switch on his component cables. Just sayin'.

chasm on
    steam_sig.png
    XBL : lJesse Custerl | MWO: Jesse Custer | Best vid ever. | 2nd best vid ever.
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2008
    That will only knock it to SDTV. Switching it back to HD mode will just use the same resolution.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    WoggleWoggle OheoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    That will only knock it to SDTV. Switching it back to HD mode will just use the same resolution.
    my friends place with his standard def set.

Reading comprehension, do you has it.

If you have the dual component/composite (red green blue/yellow) video cables, there is a switch on the side of the plug that goes into the 360. That switches the output between the component to the composite, aka HD and SD.

If the tv is SD and has component inputs but doesn't support progressive scan, I know of no way to output 480i on the component, so you're stuck with the composite input.

Woggle on
  • Options
    capable heartcapable heart Registered User regular
    edited September 2021
    deleted

capable heart on
  • Options
    SamSam Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Woggle wrote: »
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    my friends place with his standard def set.

Reading comprehension, do you has it.

If you have the dual component/composite (red green blue/yellow) video cables, there is a switch on the side of the plug that goes into the 360. That switches the output between the component to the composite, aka HD and SD.

If the tv is SD and has component inputs but doesn't support progressive scan, I know of no way to output 480i on the component, so you're stuck with the composite input.

i have an sdtv with component input and everything looks a lot better through composite than that.

But yes, system settings or the physical switch on the av cables.

Sam on
  • Options
    WoggleWoggle OheoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Have they added 480i to the resolution list or do I have a wonky 360?

I used to use an old crt that had a component input but I'd get no picture through component with the switch set to sd, and on hd the lowest resolution you could select in the options was 480p.

Woggle on
  • Options
    capable heartcapable heart Registered User regular
    edited September 2021
    deleted

capable heart on