As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I [chat] Airwolf

• Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Haphazard wrote: »
    SF was great... 20 years ago.

Street Fighter 3 is great right the fuck now, you son of a bitch.

I can't confirm nor deny it.

Haphazard on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Someone come stretch out my arms plz.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Nothing else I could say would make more sense given what I own and what I am doing at this moment.

I really like this line.

I occasionally have this moment talking to people. "Can you break it down for me?" "I can't break it down any more. I am at the atomic level of language. Further breakdown would result in disconnecting syllables and phonemes."

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

This is why!

Frosteey on
  • Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I got this image of Obama, like the red and blue iconic one that was everywhere, only this one I got is red and green now and Obama has a Santa hat on and below it, it says, "HO HO HOPE!" but I can't find any images of it online. Trust me it's good, though, guys, wish I could show it to you.

The Green Eyed Monster on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    You know, I liked Kitty Pryde a lot more before she turned into Buffy.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    edited December 2008
    Frosteey wrote: »

This is why!

:(

why what?

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I am finally off to see a doctor!

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Feral wrote: »

I'm srcatching my head. What do you mean by that?

Haphazard on
  • Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I can show you this one, though, I really like this one:

cookieman.jpg

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Ken > Ryu

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Gooey wrote: »
    Akuma > Ken > Ryu

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I wish Akuma didn't take 5000 times the damage everyone else takes in SF3

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    edited December 2008

My old criticism of Joss Whedon is that he didn't know how to write characters in their own voices. Every character he wrote either came across as "serious Joss" or "jokey Joss." I don't think it's really the case anymore; he came into his own in Firefly... but between Buffy and Firefly, he did a stint on X-Men, where he brought Kitty Pryde into a central role and started writing her more as a strong grounded woman and less of a nervous teenager. Which was a good change, but unfortunately the only way he knew to write a strong grounded woman was... just like Buffy. There was nothing, personality or dialogue wise, to distinguish Kitty Pryde from Buffy.

Feral on

• Options
    edited December 2008

My old criticism of Joss Whedon is that he didn't know how to write characters in their own voices. Every character he wrote either came across as "serious Joss" or "jokey Joss." I don't think it's really the case anymore; he came into his own in Firefly... but between Buffy and Firefly, he did a stint on X-Men, where he brought Kitty Pryde into a central role and started writing her more as a strong grounded woman and less of a nervous teenager. Which was a good change, but unfortunately the only way he knew to write a strong grounded woman was... just like Buffy. There was nothing, personality or dialogue wise, to distinguish Kitty Pryde from Buffy.

Hmm, ok. I can see what you mean. Though it wasn't Whedon who started it. Claremont did that before him.

Haphazard on
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Kitty Pryde was always my favorite

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    man, my friend still doesn't get that he has to apologize for being a douche to my gf

what a douche

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Podly wrote: »
    man, my friend still doesn't get that he has to apologize for being a douche to my gf

what a douche
    Stop being friends with douches!

Man though, my girlfriend and best friend, the first time they met, hit each other in the face.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    edited December 2008

what a douche

Did he do the inappropriate salsa?

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Howdy [chat]. How's it going?

JPants on
  • Options
    edited December 2008

what a douche
    What did he do, buy her a Grisham novel for Christmas or something?

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

what a douche

Nah, he's just kinda fucked up, and having a hard time for like three months now, and lashed out on my gf. I think he thinks that his emotional problems make everything ok, but he doesn't get that he STILL HAS TO APOLOGIZE.

Man, I'm pissed off. I should go eat some soy.

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    ZimmydoomZimmydoom Accept no substitutes Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    If there's anything the internet has taught me it's that animated women have much more interesting sex lives than actual women.

You hear that actual women? Step up your game already!

Zimmydoom on
    Better-than-birthday-sig!
    Gim wrote: »
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
    While sitting in a reclining chair
    Now there are Zim-Bear hybrids
    Running around and clawing eyelids
    Watch out, a Zim-Bear is about to have sex with yooooooou!
  • Options
    enderwiggin13enderwiggin13 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

what a douche

Man though, my girlfriend and best friend, the first time they met, hit each other in the face.

Like in the movies when you introduce two people who you thought had never met each other but were, in all actuality mortal enemies? I just picture your girlfriend and friend turning to face each other, they reach full realization of who the other is, and immediately begin to pummel each other.

enderwiggin13 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2008

what a douche

Nah, he's just kinda fucked up, and having a hard time for like three months now, and lashed out on my gf. I think he thinks that his emotional problems make everything ok, but he doesn't get that he STILL HAS TO APOLOGIZE.

Fuck him. Anyone who uses "emotional states" as an excuse for anything besides like taking a long nap or staying indoors instead of going to a party are not people worth keeping around.

• Options
    edited December 2008

what a douche

Fuck him. Anyone who uses "emotional states" as an excuse for anything besides like taking a long nap or staying indoors instead of going to a party are not people worth keeping around.

yeah, that's basically what I've been feeling

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    i just emailed my cousin who betrayed one of his best friends (who happened to be one of my best friends) after not talking for like, a year

i'm not sure how i feel about it

i had trouble hitting "send"

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    edited December 2008

what a douche

Tell him that your internet friend who had a nervous breakdown told him he needs to man the fuck up.

Zimmydoom on
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I encourage this feeling. The beautiful people gotta stick together, you know?

• Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Zimmydoom wrote: »
    If there's anything the internet has taught me it's that animated women have much more interesting sex lives than actual women.

Ok. message recieved...stepping up game.

how...how do I do that?

BobCesca on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    BobCesca wrote: »

how...how do I do that?

step 1: buy an octopus.

step 2: ???

step 3: boff it!

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Do you think my friend would mind if I took her chihuahua home on the plane with me? I'll say I was having a shitty day...

• Options
    edited December 2008

the only thing is that he's my roommate too

it's a damn sucky situation

I'll probably just get drunk and fight him

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    BobCesca wrote: »

how...how do I do that?

Since when are you not animated?

You're a moocow who sexes a hairy man in skirts. Your freak license is good for another 5 years at least.

Zimmydoom on
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    btw, cel, do you want in on my business venture?

We're gonna walk around the whitehouse selling loosie newports

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited December 2008

You can take the boy out of Boston...

Zimmydoom on
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited December 2008
    i just emailed my cousin who betrayed one of his best friends (who happened to be one of my best friends) after not talking for like, a year

i'm not sure how i feel about it

i had trouble hitting "send"

Eh, it's probably important that he hears why you feel that way. He can choose to make amends or not, but either way you've helped along the process of understanding.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    edited December 2008

I find the most effective thing is to simply say, "Well, do what you will. I just want you to be clear on the fact that I disapprove (and if it happens again I might not be so polite)."

Or get drunk and fight, whatevs.

• Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

what a douche

Like in the movies when you introduce two people who you thought had never met each other but were, in all actuality mortal enemies? I just picture your girlfriend and friend turning to face each other, they reach full realization of who the other is, and immediately begin to pummel each other.

They each claim the other started it. I think it was just because I happen to like abrasive people.

Oh also: 72 on my final for Special Topics In NeuroPsych (which is a B at McGill) is really pissing me off. Now my course grade is a B+. I got an A on both of the midterms, and now suddenly I drop 15 points on the final? I just do not buy that. Ugh. I don't want to talk to the prof but I really really need an A.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    btw, cel, do you want in on my business venture?

We're gonna walk around the whitehouse selling loosie newports
    Put me down for a carton. Will I be infringing on franchise rights or anything if I sell a few loosies here in SF on my way to the airport?

This discussion has been closed.