As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Brutal Legend: Buy it, it's awesome.

• Options
    guarguar Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    templewulf wrote: »
    guar wrote: »
    You're looking at this the wrong way. Forget Jack Black. Tim Schafer is making this.

Tim Schafer.

I like Jack Black and Tim Schaefer. What do I win?

Hey, I like him too, but his involvement with the game is not the reason why I'm looking forward to it. That's just a bonus.

guar on
  • Options
    JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Oh Hell yeah! Thank God I'll have a 360 by then.
    And a 4 month old baby. Babies like metal, right?

JihadJesus on
  • Options
    LunkerLunker Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    JihadJesus wrote: »
    And a 4 month old baby. Babies like metal, right?
    kidrawkdk3.jpg

Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
  • Options
    Doctor FinkDoctor Fink Bishounen Chewbacca Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    You're looking at this the wrong way. Forget Jack Black. Ronnie James Dio is in this.
    Ronnie. James. Dio.

Even Young Jack Black Prays To Him

He damn well better be a quest-giver of some sort.

Doctor Fink on
    PSN: Doctor_Fink / Xbox Live:LieutenantDef / Steam: Doctor Fink
  • Options
    fragglefartfragglefart Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Faffel wrote: »
    Avril Lavigne doing Fuel is the worst thing in the history of anything ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqRsSOvQhkI

I am so excited for this game that it hurts.

Woah those guys are fucking sweet, just checked out their website :shock:

fragglefart on
    fragglefart.jpg
  • Options
    HaikiraHaikira UKRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Lunker wrote: »
    Okay, I had to bump this because I just saw pictures from the VGA Awards, where the teaser came from:

vga-halford-schafer-black.jpg

vga-black-fire.jpg

If that's not fucking metal, I don't know what is.

That looks dangerous as hell. I like it.

I didn't actually get to see the awards. Was the Xbox headset actually used, or was it just for show?

Haikira on
    steam_sig.png
    PSN:Hakira__
  • Options
    L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    rob fucking halford? That is good news.

L|ama on
  • Options
    FiziksFiziks Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Only the booming voice of Dio could make singing about rainbows seem totally metal.

Fiziks on
    Cvcwu.jpg
  • Options
    AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Guys.

Lemmy is in.

Why hasn't anybody noted this?

Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • Options
    CohsaeCohsae Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    TIM FREAKING SCHAFER!

Sadly this is the best quality vid I've been able to find (includes the whole intro, starring Jack Black, Tim Schafer, a flamethrower and a chariot).

Cohsae on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    El ExtremoEl Extremo Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    This thread needs MOAR METAL!
    9e87574e15a371d04074eb6b61995e801110c4b6.jpe

El Extremo on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    HaikiraHaikira UKRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Cohsae wrote: »
    TIM FREAKING SCHAFER!

Sadly this is the best quality vid I've been able to find (includes the whole intro, starring Jack Black, Tim Schafer, a flamethrower and a chariot).

Thanks for the link, didn't get to see any of the awards. I really want that flamethrower.

Haikira on
    steam_sig.png
    PSN:Hakira__
  • Options
    CarcharodontosaurusCarcharodontosaurus Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    El Extremo wrote: »
    This thread needs MOAR METAL!
    18825051.jpg

Carcharodontosaurus on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EskimoDaveEskimoDave Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Dio makes me uncomfortable - in the good way. I fucking love Dio. The inclusion of 3 of the biggest names in Metal is sheer awesomeness. A shame it comes out in August. I'll be in another country and most likely video gameless. I must make concessions.

On a side note I saw Judas Priest here in Victoria during the Masters of Metal tour in July. Testament opened for them. My ears rang for 3 days afterwards. So totally worth it.

Another side note. I used to have chops exactly like Lemmy, but when I shaved at the Great Canadian Head Shave I looked like some sort of skinhead. So they had to go.

edit - More metal
    lemmy.jpg

EskimoDave on
  • Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Lemmy, proving that you don't have to be a good lucking rockstar to get women.

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    CarcharodontosaurusCarcharodontosaurus Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    EvilBadman wrote: »
    Lemmy, proving that you don't have to be a good lucking rockstar to get women.

What in god's name is that thing on his left cheek? Please tell me it's not some horrible skin flap. D:

Also, underboob. :winky:

Carcharodontosaurus on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FaffelFaffel Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    MORE RIFFS FOR SCHAFFER! MORE METAL FOR THE THRONE OF GUITARS!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-P0xBBzGA0

So stoked for this game. Any man who says he can't put a broadaxe in a game without it decapitating someone is a man I respect. I'm really curious to see how he handles an action game, and I hope it's really fantastic. Expecting a horribly campy story, too.

Faffel on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    CohsaeCohsae Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    TIM FREAKING SCHAFER
    Higher-quality vid.

Cohsae on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    ElitistbElitistb Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    About that Necrophagist, that crap isn't rock, and it's the worst kind of metal. If you're going to sing, SING. If you're going to yell, YELL. If you're going to lower your voice is some stupid ass fashion so no one can understand you, then DON'T.

Dio is awesome, because he can sing. People like the lead singer of Necrophagist are not awesome, because they can't sing.

Elitistb on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Elitistb wrote: »
    About that Necrophagist, that crap isn't rock, and it's the worst kind of metal. If you're going to sing, SING. If you're going to yell, YELL. If you're going to lower your voice is some stupid ass fashion so no one can understand you, then DON'T.

Dio is awesome, because he can sing. People like the lead singer of Necrophagist are not awesome, because they can't sing.

Speak for yourself. I love it all. Enjoy your limited musical enjoyment! Also, who the hell ever said it was rock? Brutal Legend is about METAL.

Faffel on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    MongerMonger I got the ham stink. Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008

Speak for yourself. I love it all. Enjoy your limited musical enjoyment! Also, who the hell ever said it was rock? Brutal Legend is about METAL.
    I concur. If what a vocalist wants to express requires them to growl, then they need to growl. If what they want to express requires them to scream, then they need to fucking scream. Nothing is bad so long as it fits in context and intention. That said, I wasn't particularly impressed with that video. Of course, my interest in METAAAAAAL is largely in its own self-parody.

Hence why I want this game right now.

Monger on
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Well, at least a company very good at making games fail (Dead Space, Mirror's Edge, Oddworld: Strangers Wrath) picked it up.

Best wishes, EA.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    JohnDoeJohnDoe Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    No PC version makes me sad.

JohnDoe on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    TIM FREAKING SCHAFER
    Higher-quality vid.

And the entire audience responded in unison, "Tim who?"

guar on
  • Options
    Recoil42Recoil42 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Well, at least a company very good at making games fail (Dead Space, Mirror's Edge, Oddworld: Strangers Wrath) picked it up.

Best wishes, EA.

Last I checked, Dead Space has sold nearly a million copies already.

Also, good job cherry picking. Mirror's Edge was a short game, and Oddworld was a few years back, when EA was managed differently.

They've also published Skate 2, Crysis, Left 4 Dead, HL2's episodes, Mercenaries 2, and Rock Band, but I don't hear you crying about their sales.

Recoil42 on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Recoil42 wrote: »

Best wishes, EA.

Also, good job cherry picking. Mirror's Edge was a short game, and Oddworld was a few years back, when EA was managed differently.

They've also published Skate 2, Crysis, [strike]Left 4 Dead[/strike], [strike]HL2's episodes[/strike], Mercenaries 2, and Rock Band, but I don't hear you crying about their sales.

guar on
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    TIM FREAKING SCHAFER
    Higher-quality vid.

now that's just depressing

YaYa on
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

Best wishes, EA.

They've also published Skate 2, Crysis, Left 4 Dead, HL2's episodes, Mercenaries 2, and Rock Band, but I don't hear you crying about their sales.

Limed for fixed. Why did you strike those games out? EA published both sets on the 360, so they did exactly what the original quote says.

EA made some shit moves in the past, but in the last year or so they've been putting out some incredible games. They've been developing their own really great games (I had sworn of survival horror games forever until I gave Dead Space a shot) and publishing great games from other developers. Will I ever forget the scummy crap they've pulled in the past? No. Are they making a great effort of making a decent video company again? Definitely.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Shit, forgot. Sorry about that.

guar on
  • Options
    Recoil42Recoil42 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    They published them on the PC, too. Steam publishing was Valve, but who do you think did the B&M manufacturing and distribution side, for the people who don't buy on steam?

Valve doesn't exactly have access to a large network of manufacturing, distribution, and chain liaisons, you know.

Both L4D and HL2:E officially carry EA logos for that reason.

Recoil42 on
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    They published them on the PC, too. Steam publishing was Valve, but who do you think did the B&M manufacturing and distribution side, for the people who don't buy on steam?

Valve doesn't exactly have access to a large network of manufacturing, distribution, and chain liaisons, you know.

Both L4D and HL2:E officially carry EA logos for that reason.

I already limed it! I can't lime it for any more truth than it already has!

But I did not know that EA also published the non-Steam PC versions. I assumed that Valve handled the PC stuff themselves and left all the console stuff to EA. Letting EA handle all the physical copy stuff makes more sense, though.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options
    FiziksFiziks Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Tim Schafer is indeed a rainbow in the dark.

Fiziks on
    Cvcwu.jpg
  • Options
    MorskittarMorskittar Lord Warlock Engineer SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    This game looks interesting, but holy fuck that OP contains an abomination.... or some thing like a stillborn abomination of an abomination.

D:

I'll make up for it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOLa_CISmJc

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cE4FHolkO94

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    MongerMonger I got the ham stink. Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008

Best wishes, EA.

They've also published THE FUCKING SIMS
    Seriously, people. Argument ends there.

Monger on
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Monger wrote: »

Best wishes, EA.

They've also published THE FUCKING SIMS
    Seriously, people. Argument ends there.

This is why I ignore such arguments. I'm hoping EA keeps doing what it's doing.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

Well done, you're ignorant! Do you think that rap is stupid because they just talk real fast over a backing track? Do you think Dio singing to that song would really sound good and fit in with the music?

L|ama on
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Yeah, I don't know how anyone can argue that EA aren't good at publishing games. They're the biggest goddamned publisher.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Willeth wrote: »
    Yeah, I don't know how anyone can argue that EA aren't good at publishing games. They're the biggest goddamned publisher.

Pretty sure it is past tense now.

Couscous on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Morskittar wrote: »
    This game looks interesting, but holy fuck that OP contains an abomination.... or some thing like a stillborn abomination of an abomination.

D:

I'll make up for it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOLa_CISmJc
    ]

I'm wearing my motherfucking shirt of a monster crushing a soldier's head from when I saw these guys live. I screamed and headbanged so hard that I had no voice, a headache, and ringing ears for 32 hours. It was the single greatest thing I've ever done and my first concert ever.

What a goddamned band.

Faffel on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    MorskittarMorskittar Lord Warlock Engineer SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I'm wearing my motherfucking shirt of a monster crushing a soldier's head from when I saw these guys live. I screamed and headbanged so hard that I had no voice, a headache, and ringing ears for 32 hours. It was the single greatest thing I've ever done and my first concert ever.

What a goddamned band.

I catch them *whenever* they're in Seattle. No exceptions. They were in town this last Friday, and I am still unable to twist my torso or put weight on my left leg. There's something about these guys (like, the utter awesomeness) that draws everyone into the pit, and they tend to bring in an amazingly quality crowd. The kind of guys who won't hesitate to elbow your face one moment, then help pick you up and give a grin and a high five.

Fucking incredible every time. They also had the original Star Trek fight music playing before the came on during this last show, which was awesome.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg