As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Thread Left 4 Dead; make a new Dead Thread 4 Dead

1575859606163»

• METAzraeLMETAzraeL Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    METAzraeL wrote: »
    this thread should be called "l-cancel 4 dead"

You stop it. Stop it now.

L-cancel is dead. Its never coming back.

70704468x04wm5.jpg
    I hate wavedashing
    I hate chain throwing
    I hate Final Smashes
    I hate bananas

METAzraeL on

dream a little dream or you could live a little dream
    sleep forever if you wish to be a dreamer
  • The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I hate blue shells.

The_Scarab on
  • ExarchExarch Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    darklite_x wrote: »
    I never, in my life, thought I'd be linking this, but in regards to those complaining about closet defenses and whatnot:

http://www.sirlin.net/ptw-book/intermediates-guide.html

Not relevant to the discussion and generally a terrible article that promotes poor sportsmanship and greifing.

The closet during panic events is an exploit, not a 'predictable move done over and over because it is successful.' to paraphrase. The availability of an exploit to both sides in a competitive environment does not justify using the exploit.

Exarch on
    No gods or kings, only man.
    LoL: BunyipAristocrat
  • shadydentistshadydentist Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Exarch wrote: »
    darklite_x wrote: »
    I never, in my life, thought I'd be linking this, but in regards to those complaining about closet defenses and whatnot:

http://www.sirlin.net/ptw-book/intermediates-guide.html

Not relevant to the discussion and generally a terrible article that promotes poor sportsmanship and greifing.

The closet during panic events is an exploit, not a 'predictable move done over and over because it is successful.' to paraphrase. The availability of an exploit to both sides in a competitive environment does not justify using the exploit.

Gonna hafta disagree with you there. Its true that it isn't relevant, but thats because this isn't a competitive environment. In the case of a competitive environment, it is not only permitted but expected that the player use anything they can to their advantage.

shadydentist on
    Steam & GT
    steam_sig.png
    GT: Tanky the Tank
    Black: 1377 6749 7425
  • Metal Gear Solid 2 DemoMetal Gear Solid 2 Demo Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Kick kaffal if he ever joins your game, he's a huge griefer who feigns ignorance

Metal Gear Solid 2 Demo on
    SteamID- Enders || SC2 ID - BurningCrome.721 || Blogging - Laputan Machine
    1385396-1.png
    Orikae! |RS| : why is everyone yelling 'enders is dead go'
    When I say pop it that means pop it
    heavy.gif
  • PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    iowa does something dumb and he gets a Tropic Thunder quote, and I do something dumb and get blacklisted.

Paladin on
    Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Eh, Kaffal was being kinda dumb at points but I would hardly call him a "huge griefer". Besides, he only did stupid shit in my games once.

WhiteZinfandel on