Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Dumb Emails From Parents

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    like a celestial ejaculate

STEAM
    Spoiler:
  • devicesdevices Registered User
    edited December 2008
    I think I must have gotten every Obama paranoia email that was in circulation from my parents, and I generally get most of the "time for jesus" and all the "christian faith is under attack" emails. I do get some gems now and again, though.

here's one:
    Spoiler:

• MorivethMoriveth Nobody suspects a thing... Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    The only political email I've gotten from my mom was a few months back, it was an email that was all "TESTIMONIAL FROM AN ALASKAN CITIZEN AS TO WHY SARAH PALIN IS TERRIBLE"

edited December 2008
    Moriveth wrote: »
    The only political email I've gotten from my mom was a few months back, it was an email that was all "TESTIMONIAL FROM AN ALASKAN CITIZEN AS TO WHY SARAH PALIN IS TERRIBLE"

hahaha, nice

i think my favorite anti-obama email was this one:
    Spoiler:

edit: the kenyan connection one was pretty entertaining too

• Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood Slip Like Freudian. Playing Yourself Like Accordion.Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Lord have mercy, a secret Muslin terrorist as president?

I do believe I'm coming down with the vapors

5UZDe2J.jpg
    edited December 2008
  • CrossBusterCrossBuster Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    That's funny since Islam didn't even exist when the Book of Revelations was written.

penguins.png
    edited December 2008
    That's funny since Islam didn't even exist when the Book of Revelations was written.

oh yeah... i actually chided my parents, cuz they're actually pretty well versed in scripture, but i guess when you are so willing to believe something, you just accept it as truth and dont check the facts.

edit: whoa, that statement ran deeper than i originally intended it to

• jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Also, 42 months isn't really that close to 4 years, it's 6 friggen months short. It's 3.5 years.

• ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Why would you be fighting against the prophecies of the Bible anyway?

That's how God wants it to go down.

• DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2008
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    Why would you be fighting against the prophecies of the Bible anyway?

That's how God wants it to go down.
    EXACTLY

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • DefenderDefender Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    jwalk wrote: »
    Also, 42 months isn't really that close to 4 years, it's 6 friggen months short. It's 3.5 years.

Point is, he's not white. Enough.

hello massa, I jar jar binks
    I've overheard someone say "Don't say something is retarded, its not cool to make fun of retards. Just say its gay."
  • beavotronbeavotron Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    man i bumped this up from the bottom of page 2, but i have to share this absolutely ridiculous e-mail that my mother sent me
    Spoiler:

to which i responded with:
    Spoiler:

• bowenbowen Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Where's the shamrock beavo?

• beavotronbeavotron Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    bowen wrote: »
    Where's the shamrock beavo?

ahhaah there was a little link at the bottom to get custom animations for your emails.

retarded.

• Bloods EndBloods End Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    My parents keep trying to convince me that Australia is a real place.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2008
    my dad just sends me videos of dogs going down waterslides, or pictures of mining camps where he used to work, or gigantic dump trucks, or cranes climbing larger cranes

my dad is awesome

• SilmarilSilmaril Mr Ha Ha Hapless. Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Bloods End wrote: »
    My parents keep trying to convince me that Australia is a real place.

The fools.

twispandcatsbysigsmall.jpg
    edited December 2008
    So she applies for a passport but is upset they ask for her birthdate?
    Also she mentions the census - no, those are anonymous. Unless she's talking about some Canadian census, in which case who gives a fuck. Canada sucks.

• vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    My dad rarely sends me stuff via e-mail, but when he does, it's always pretty awesome.

He's got a good sense of humor that is apparently quite similar to my own!

WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • edited December 2008
    the Canadian census is also anonymous

though if you don't respond you can get a fine/go to jail

chevy.jpgsteve.jpgmartin.jpg
    edited December 2008

Wait a minute.

How the fuck?

edited December 2008

Wait a minute.

How the fuck?

At the end of the census there's a secret word.

They go around asking people what the secret word is, and if you can't answer you're thrown in jail.

WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • edited December 2008

Wait a minute.

How the fuck?

I'm not really sure how that works. vsove's solution is as good as any.

chevy.jpgsteve.jpgmartin.jpg
    edited December 2008
    vsove wrote: »

Wait a minute.

How the fuck?

They go around asking people what the secret word is, and if you can't answer you're thrown in jail.

"Man I don't remember, fuck you in your ass."

edited December 2008

Wait a minute.

How the fuck?

Wait, so you saw last year's census?

WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • BeyondBeyond Floating In the SkyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Parents are dicks.
    Spoiler:

Rofl.
    edited December 2008

Wait a minute.

How the fuck?

Wait, so you saw last year's census?

I can't think of anything witty to say to that. Touché.

edited December 2008
    The US Census is also mandatory. I don't know what the penalty is for not returning it, maybe not much, but it is required.

Also:
    Spoiler:

• WeaverWeaver Storm coming FinallyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Nobody emails me a thing because I have informed them in a stately manner that they know nothing.

7BLr6AJ.jpg
  • MrMonroeMrMonroe Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    My uncle forwards the dreck he gets from Michael Moore's mailing list to me, and ccs pretty much the whole family.

So not only do I have to read it, I have to then reply all and make sure everyone knows how retarded it is. I don't want my sister picking up on it through osmosis or some shit.

• FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Other then michael moore being a fat jerk, what exactly are your problems with his politics

or are you just dumb

reposig.jpg
  • WeaverWeaver Storm coming FinallyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    The only family I have email addresses for are my parents. I just call or text if I need to talk to my sister. My wife used to send me stuff but she finally realized that I already share a hive mind with the internet, functioning as a sort of savant, a living reference engine of sorts.

7BLr6AJ.jpg
  • DefenderDefender Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Beavotron has some harsh words for all you blue-collared email-writers out there. What are you doing writing your ignorant emails in that stupid font in the first place? You should probably be in a factory or a prison somewhere.

hello massa, I jar jar binks
    I've overheard someone say "Don't say something is retarded, its not cool to make fun of retards. Just say its gay."
  • Randall_FlaggRandall_Flagg Registered User
    edited December 2008
    FUCK

I just got one of those "for every time you forward this, microsoft will send you $430" emails

from a guy I met once THREE FUCKING YEARS AGO and haven't heard from since

hey, fuck you right in your retarded fucking ass, guy

• World as MythWorld as Myth Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    so my mom didn't even call me on my birthday last week and still hasn't

but today I got this email from her (she never, ever, ever forwards me emails, but I guess there's a first time for everything)
    Spoiler:
    thanks mom

kQwcZLJ.png
    edited December 2008
    Back when the intertron was a new thing for most people (ie 1998-99) I used to get all kinds of stupid spam shit from my family but even they have wised up by now.

Otoh, my grandfather lived to be almost 97 and used email regularly right up until he died. His favorite thing to do was send you an email and then call you on the phone 5 minutes later to ask "did you get my email"? The awesomenes of this was enhanced by the fact that he lived on the east coast and would call us here on the west coast at 5 am..... HIS time. I'll let you do the math on that one.

• ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
  • ShankusuShankusu __BANNED USERS
    edited December 2008
    so when I lived at home my mom would pop into my room, talk to me, leave, pop back in, be like "oh i forgot that..." and say something else, maybe doing this three or four times. it was annoying, but whatever, she's scatter-brained, it's fine.

when I started leaving the house to hang out with my friends or living with my dad or whatever the fuck, she started doing the same thing with calls. she would call me, we'd talk for ten minutes, she would call me back and be like "OH I FORGOT THAT..." It only took twenty or twenty-five times of her doing this for me to get pretty annoyed, and now if she calls back within ten minutes of us hanging up, whatever, she can leave a message, she just has information for me anyway.

now that I'm at college she e-mails me big long e-mails, then e-mails me three minutes later with the tagline "One more thing...", even doing this two or three times. Sometimes she e-mails me something that ends with "I'm going to look up bus prices and times" and e-mails back five minutes later saying "ok so the bus leaves now and now and costs this much." This doesn't happen once in a while. This happens ALWAYS.

This is THE MOST FUCKING ANNOYING THING to me. I come home to five or six e-mails. This isn't like leaving the room and realizing you forgot to bring something up - it's fucking TEXT, sent over the internet. You can consolidate your thoughts before you send me an e-mail. If once in a while you go "oh I left something out" that's fine, but I feel like my mom e-mails me every time she thinks of something instead of going "hey maybe I'll just e-mail him tonight with everything I think of between now and then" or "hey I need to remind my son of something why don't I write a reminder or start a list or something"

I dunno. It bugs me.

• ascotascot Registered User
    edited December 2008
    I accidentally emailed my aunt from my regular email address. So now she has it saved, and I get ALL of her forwards. She's new to the internet and thus thinks they're all hilarious and also that I need to know about all these Virus alerts.
    Thank god for gmail labels.