As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

GEARS OF WAR 2

• Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Horde tonight? Anyone?

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Horde tonight? Anyone?
    Sure.

When?

Gorilla Salad on
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I am without Gears till Christmas.

But when I get it, I'll be down for stuff.

Inquisitor on
    edited December 2008
    Horde tonight? Anyone?
    Sure.

When?

How's right now sound (or within 10 minutes)?

edited December 2008
    Horde tonight? Anyone?
    Sure.

When?

How's right now sound (or within 10 minutes)?
    Sorry dude, nows not good. Gotta study for exams and shit.

Sorry.

Gorilla Salad on
    edited December 2008
    No prob, another time.

edited December 2008
    I shall make this up to you, somehow.

Gorilla Salad on
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Aren't we suppose to get a new thread when we reach 100 pages? Or are we taking this baby into Oblivion?

Dragkonias on
  • Fizban140Fizban140 Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2008
    Even the forums have forgot this game exists.

Fizban140 on
  • Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I bought this a few weeks ago (black friday) played the single player, and sucked, but had fun.

Tonight I got on multi-player, was just going to play around for a little while.

Fast forward to 6 hours later. I met up with some cool people who invited me to their 4 man team (making 5)...good god it was fun. The multi-player is a pretty good experience if you just play to have fun instead of caring about scores and stuff. Gotta say I really enjoyed myself. While there is some glitchyness to the game (some people have shot guns that do triple damage and can one shot you from a mile away every once in a while) I had a blast.

Anon the Felon on
  • YerMumYerMum Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Horde is pure win, although it seems that Epic can't write a proper lobby and matchmaking system to save their lives. Disbanding the team after a round of Horde = fail.

YerMum on
    Rugged individualist
    Destiny Profile : http://www.bungie.net/en/Profile/254/7028016
  • ArtoriaArtoria Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Just started playing this game last night. I already passed chapter 2
    Taking down Brumacs with a Chain gun! fuck ya!

It can only get better from here right?

Artoria on
  • darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    So I was playing on Insane with my brother and we got as far as Chapter 2 before getting stuck, specifically
    just after the corpser pops out the ground while you're on the derricks, and then you have to shoot all the brumaks. The one that comes up in front of you and Marcus shouts something like "TAKE OUT ITS GUNS!" before it launches two volleys of rockets at you. How the hell do you kill it fast enough without getting killed? I manage to damage its top gun, looks like the rocket launcher, but the second volley explodes us every time.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • aBlankaBlank Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    darleysam wrote: »
    So I was playing on Insane with my brother and we got as far as Chapter 2 before getting stuck, specifically
    just after the corpser pops out the ground while you're on the derricks, and then you have to shoot all the brumaks. The one that comes up in front of you and Marcus shouts something like "TAKE OUT ITS GUNS!" before it launches two volleys of rockets at you. How the hell do you kill it fast enough without getting killed? I manage to damage its top gun, looks like the rocket launcher, but the second volley explodes us every time.

You're using the turret right? As long as you aren't on top of each other, the rocket volley should only kill 1 of you at best. Aside from that, I ignored the guns and just aimed at his head.

aBlank on
    edited December 2008
    Yup, and that's what I've been doing. The problem is, the first volley knocks whoever's on the turret down, the second one is explosively fatal.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
    edited December 2008
    I head shoted it as well. it really didn't take very long to take it down at all.

Artoria on
  • WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Yup, and that's what I've been doing. The problem is, the first volley knocks whoever's on the turret down, the second one is explosively fatal.

If I remember right it should take three to take you down. You need to defend yourself better beforehand.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
    edited December 2008
    Willeth wrote: »

If I remember right it should take three to take you down. You need to defend yourself better beforehand.

Damnit. I'll have to try it again tomorrow night and see if we can just shoot faster or something.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
    edited December 2008
    Okay, I'm itching for a Horde round tonight, 10pm est-ish, mid 20's. Who's up for it?

• Spartan 0092Spartan 0092 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I'll be on tonight as well, give me a shout

Spartan 0092 on
    One's dignity may be assaulted, vandalized and cruelly mocked, but cannot be taken away unless it is surrendered.
  • SilkyNumNutsSilkyNumNuts Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

Damnit. I'll have to try it again tomorrow night and see if we can just shoot faster or something.

No offence, but you know you can use LT to be more accurate right?

SilkyNumNuts on
    edited December 2008
    I shot the gun on its back and it went down faster than shooting its face.

Fizban140 on
    edited December 2008
    Okay, so going into Gears in a few minutes, who wants in for Horde starting on the 20's?

edited December 2008
    I was just about to make a post about Horde, I have been dieing to play some since I haven't really done it in weeks.

Fizban140 on
    edited December 2008
    What's your xbox name? I'll see if Spartan is available as well.

• MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Okay, i got this now.

Gamertag in my spoiler sig.

p.s. is there anyway to play miltiplayer with my brother using the other controller?
    It works in halo, but something is all wonky with GoW2

Mighty on
    Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
    edited December 2008
    Syl3m is my GT

Fizban140 on
  • sabyulsabyul Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Hay guys

How do I get a vertical split for split screen?

sabyul on
    http://www.frame-advantage.com - Specializing in high quality fighting game video content
    edited December 2008

No offence, but you know you can use LT to be more accurate right?

None taken, and yeah I do. I'd have had one hell of a time completing it on hard otherwise.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I'd like this more if the lobby system was shat, sat waiting for 5 minutes and noone, which is a shame cause I like the multi, when it's not disconnecting me.

SkutSkut on
  • EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    So there is now a glitch that makes you completely invisible. In ghost cam their guy is shaking on the ground but in game they are undetectable. Not very fun.

EspantaPajaro on
  • Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Damn I suck at console based shooters.

I need to figure out how to be good with sticks and shooters...if I could use a mouse and keyboard I would be rocking at this game...I die so much its sick.

I so desperately want to be good at GoW2 multi-player.

Anon the Felon on
    edited December 2008
    Damn I suck at console based shooters.

I need to figure out how to be good with sticks and shooters...if I could use a mouse and keyboard I would be rocking at this game...I die so much its sick.

I so desperately want to be good at GoW2 multi-player.
    Aiming is pretty simple in this game actually, you do not have to lead unless there is lag and the main gun you want to use is the shotgun. Just get use to rolling around a lot and firing your shotgun.

Fizban140 on
  • KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    SO WHEN

DO I GET IT

ON PC

Khavall on
  • Paradox ControlParadox Control Master MC Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Khavall wrote: »
    SO WHEN

DO I GET IT

ON PC

I honestly wouldn't get it on the PC. But thats just me.

Paradox Control on
    \
  • VicVic Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    SO WHEN

DO I GET IT

ON PC

Yes.

Seriously though, some of us don't have 360s. It is crazy, I know.

Vic on
    edited December 2008
    Vic wrote: »
    SO WHEN

DO I GET IT

ON PC

Yes.

I don't own a PS3 but expect to play exclusive PS3 titles now, do I.. (yes I'm well aware GoW1 got a PC release but to bank on something that isn't on a system you own coming out on a system you own, will always be speculative)

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • subediisubedii Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Vic wrote: »
    SO WHEN

DO I GET IT

ON PC

Yes.

I don't own a PS3 but expect to play exclusive PS3 titles now, do I.. (yes I'm well aware GoW1 got a PC release but to bank on something that isn't on a system you own coming out on a system you own, will always be speculative)

Well I played the PC version of Gears 1 and it worked just fine with the control scheme. Aiming with a sniper rifle and torque bow was a heck of a lot less frustrating too.

However, Epic have been pretty definite in their statements saying that they won't be releasing Gears 2 on PC. They've said it like 2-3 times now.

subedii on
    edited December 2008
    OK I know I am behind per say but I just reached that "infamous" scene. besides the bad acting it left me with a lot more questions than anything.

First off Marcus
    It didn't really seam like he tried to stop Dom at all. He could have went two different routs with him. One was to be a jerk and pull rank and and tell him leaving the mission means going AWOL and getting court marshaled back up on the surface. the other scenario (the one that painfully obvious ) was to use logic.

"hey buddy I know you want to save your wife but what are you going to do with her when you find her? we are stuck underground with a lot of big ugly things that want to kill us. If we bust her out now she's going to be a target and get killed. Then the rescuing her would have been pointless. She's safer in one of those tin cans for now. Why don't we fire off the beacon and double back with reinforcements. Hell I'll let you go off with the rescue teams to pick her up."

Seams logical to me.

then his reaction to Dom killing his own wife was very meh. It had "whatever" written all over it.

Dom
    I get that he saw his perfect vision of his reunion with Maria for a few seconds before coming back down the reality and seeing how badly the locus messed her up and that she was sort of zombie like. But why did he kill her? you would think he would want to try to get her to the surface to get some treatment to bring try to bring her back to normal. instead he just blows her brains out.

To top that off his "I want to kill them all" statement sounded like he was more bored than enraged. Maybe it was the acting but I would think that I'd be a really pissed off and screaming bloody murder after seeing something like that.

If that scene was trying to get an emotional reaction from you it succeeded in doing that. but Instead of the "that was so tragic" reaction it gave me "what the hell just happened here?" .

Artoria on
  • subediisubedii Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    subedii on
This discussion has been closed.