As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wii] Core Games AOC - After October Conference - Games? GAMES!! [56k GTFO]

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    So there is a new Mad World trailer. You can see it here

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    DeathPrawnDeathPrawn Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    agoaj wrote: »
    Kastanj wrote: »
    Yeah he was almost as cool as poochy.

Oi. What's this I hear about comparing Cloneoa to a dogg who spontaneously carried a full-grown Yoshi and a newborn Italian through a secret stage covered in lava without expecting so much as a snausage? Even Lassie don't go through like that.

180px-Poochy.jpg
    One bad-ass hound.

...Wait, you're talking about that abomination Homer voiced in that one Simpsons episode?

You had me ready to throw down there for a moment.

Isn't that a though bubble a pedophile would have?

A bird pedophile, maybe.

DeathPrawn on
    Signature not found.
  • Options
    GuekGuek Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    so apparently there's going to be a new crystal bearers trailer shipping with the wii version of FFCC:echoes in time. Suddenly I'm all excited for a game I have no drive to play :P

Guek on
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Arceus wrote: »
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    Guek wrote: »
    more fragile pics to love:
    fra01.jpg

fra19.jpg

fra18.jpg

fra20.jpg

fra15.jpg

fra16.jpg

fra17.jpg

fra13.jpg

fra14.jpg

fra11.jpg

fra12.jpg

fra09.jpg

fra07.jpg

fra08.jpg

fra03.jpg

Who's the floating pair of boobs?
    Midna

Fricking gorgeous.

Why aren't more Wii games this purdy?

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    fra01.jpg

fra19.jpg

fra18.jpg

fra20.jpg

fra15.jpg

fra16.jpg

fra17.jpg

fra13.jpg

fra14.jpg

fra11.jpg

fra12.jpg

fra09.jpg

fra07.jpg

fra08.jpg

fra03.jpg

Midna

Fricking gorgeous.

Because good art takes effort

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Fragile looks like something a 14 year old weeaboo would beat off to.

The play mechanic looks kind of interesting, but the art style is a huge turn-off to me. It looks like generic "anime" art to me, along with ambiguously-aged sort of loli-looking, skanky dressing magical girls.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    edited December 2008

The play mechanic looks kind of interesting, but the art style is a huge turn-off to me. It looks like generic "anime" art to me, along with ambiguously-aged sort of loli-looking, skanky dressing magical girls.

hmmm, well I watch a fair bit of anime in my spare time (no, i'm not a weeaboo. I fuckin hate weeaboos with an unholy passion), and I'd say that fragile character designs are a fair shake away from being "generic anime." It's an anime based art style for sure, but that's little reason to hate on it. If anime aint your thing, well that's your prerogative, but don't let your dislike deign ignorance.

I'd probably say that something like tales of symphonia or any harvest moon game has much more generic character designs than something like fragile. There does seem to be some odd fixation though by the japanese with the 14-16 age range.

Guek on
  • Options
    slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    New HOTD :Overkill preview here. Sounds very promising. There are also a couple new videos to check out as well.

oh, and for slash:
    Also included is the IR Calibration mode, taken from House of the Dead 2 & 3, and it works pretty well

Oh thank God!

WooooOOO!!!

slash000 on
  • Options
    BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    fra01.jpg

fra19.jpg

fra18.jpg

fra20.jpg

fra15.jpg

fra16.jpg

fra17.jpg

fra13.jpg

fra14.jpg

fra11.jpg

fra12.jpg

fra09.jpg

fra07.jpg

fra08.jpg

fra03.jpg

Midna

Fricking gorgeous.

Because good art takes effort
    And companies would rather release a game in two months than put effort in.

Bartholamue on
    Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
  • Options
    XagarathXagarath Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

hmmm, well I watch a fair bit of anime in my spare time (no, i'm not a weeaboo. I fuckin hate weeaboos with an unholy passion), and I'd say that fragile character designs are a fair shake away from being "generic anime." It's an anime based art style for sure, but that's little reason to hate on it. If anime aint your thing, well that's your prerogative, but don't let your dislike deign ignorance.

I'd probably say that something like tales of symphonia or any harvest moon game has much more generic character designs than something like fragile. There does seem to be some odd fixation though by the japanese with the 14-16 age range.

Youth obsession is a problem with large swathes of japanese culture, I believe, not just cartoon artstyles.

Xagarath on
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Bought Sin and Punishment with a Wii Points card I got as a gift. It's pretty badass. Can't wait for the sequel.

Renzo on
  • Options
    Glenn565Glenn565 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Renzo wrote: »
    Bought Sin and Punishment with a Wii Points card I got as a gift. It's pretty badass. Can't wait for the sequel.

I've always wanted to play the this, but I think I'll just wait until the sequel comes out so I can shoot using the pointer. I have much more control over that then an analog stick.

Glenn565 on
    3DS code:4511-0654-1976
    NNID: Glenn565
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I'll be buying it some time before the sequel comes out, since I haven't ever played the original before.

Brainiac 8 on
    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    There's a very interactive duel on the bridge of a battleship. It is pretty damn awesome.

Renzo on
  • Options
    stavesacrestavesacre Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Hmmmm, this may not apply here since this is Wii-ware but new trailer for Lit is out. I think it looks fantastic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_DxR7qaLrE&eurl=http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2008/12/23/lit-media-generates-heat/

stavesacre on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    VothVoth Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Xagarath wrote: »

Youth obsession is a problem with large swathes of japanese culture, I believe, not just cartoon artstyles.

The age is for the target audience, too. We have an obsession with youth, too, but we like them with a bit more muscle.

Voth on
    reverbnation -- last.fm -- facebook -- twitter -- bandcamp --youtube -- PSN: audapostrophe -- XBL: audapostrophe -- NNID: audapostrophe -- Myspace
  • Options
    Dodge AspenDodge Aspen Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    stavesacre wrote: »
    Hmmmm, this may not apply here since this is Wii-ware but new trailer for Lit is out. I think it looks fantastic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_DxR7qaLrE&eurl=http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2008/12/23/lit-media-generates-heat/

Whoa. Dodge is intrigued. Very interesting.

Dodge Aspen on
    Xbox - Dodge Mega
    Switch - SW-3699-5063-5018

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Oh, the dudes who did Contra 4.

Interesting looking concept, bad looking graphics, but then this has to fit into what, 64 megs of space? Not bad all things considered.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Glenn565 wrote: »

I've always wanted to play the this, but I think I'll just wait until the sequel comes out so I can shoot using the pointer. I have much more control over that then an analog stick.

the gameplay is pretty damn good, even with the gc pad, but the story is near incomprehensible. I mean...what...the...fuck?

Guek on
  • Options
    edited December 2008

the gameplay is pretty damn good, even with the gc pad, but the story is near incomprehensible. I mean...what...the...fuck?

Yeah I have no clue what the fuck is going on but I don't really care because OH GOD SHOOT IT

Renzo on
  • Options
    UltimanecatUltimanecat Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    So, I recently bought Baroque and am having an alright time. The story is just bizarre though, so mostly I'm just doing it for the old grind. Not too horrible for $20. I also got BWii (fun while it lasts) and RE4:Wii (already own it on GC but hey I love it and play it constantly so I figured I may as well do it right).

I'm thinking of picking up Dokapon: Kingdom but I'm not too sure since I don't always have people around to play it. I'll probably get it anyway.

Ultimanecat on
    SteamID : same as my PA forum name
  • Options
    AmpixAmpix Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    stavesacre wrote: »

[vidl]

Whoa. Dodge is intrigued. Very interesting.

That is looking mighty sweet, gotta say. I love what they're doing with the whole light/dark stuff. Colour me intrigued!

Ampix on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    XagarathXagarath Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Looks mildly promising, at least.
    Survival horror?

Xagarath on
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    From like 30 pages back... i meant bluetooth... jerks :(

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    SirUltimosSirUltimos Don't talk, Rusty. Just paint. Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

That's actually entirely on purpose. The lead designer purposely created a world tat was unique so that he can have whatever the fuck happen and have no one bat an eye. Of course, he may have went too far...

SirUltimos on
  • Options
    DeaconKnowledgeDeaconKnowledge Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I loved the style and concept of Sin and Punishment but the classic/gamecube controls turned me right off. I was just begging to use an N64 pad, or even better, a Wiimote to control the game.

In fact, Starfox 64 with the classic controller was like that too. Say what you will about the N64 pad, but it was built perfectly for certain games.

DeaconKnowledge on
    My NEW Wii code - 5227 1968 3982 4139. My Wii needs your Miis! Please give generously!
    Animal Crossing - 3566 5318 4585/2492 7891 0383 Deacon/Akisha in Crayon
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    time to feed our collective desire for madworld:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/299041.html

Guek on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    bumped for muramasa gameplay

and a bunch of new fragile footage

the fragile footage, while short and semi pointless, do show off the isolated feel of the game pretty well. The first clip is a new trailer with some new/old footage. The game really is gorgeous.

Looking at some new pics of dead rising, it really does just look like a lower res version of the original. I never though the 360 game looked all that impressive in terms of textures and lighting, it just looked really clean with a solid engine that could output hordes of zombies.

there are more monster hunter tri screens as well, but they're tiny.

Guek on
  • Options
    JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Mad World and Muramasa need to be out right fucking now, dammit!

JihadJesus on
  • Options
    IceBurnerIceBurner It's cold and there are penguins.Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I really love the lighting in Monster Hunter tri. It looks nicer every time we get new shots. It's got a bloomed, realistic look, but is also bright and colorful with fuckawesome shadows.

Rathian is still obviously Hell on two legs. Also appears the scorpion monster type from MH Frontier is in, with that shot of an insanely long stinger.

Also, I had no basis for comparison last time, but since I've now played MH2 online extensively, the crazy huge online city with dirigibles for tri seems like an appropriate escalation of grandeur and coolness from MH2's toweringly awesome Dondruma.

IceBurner on
    3DS: 3024-6114-2886 | NNID: Rabites | Steam: IceBurner
    PSN: theIceBurner, IceBurnerEU, IceBurner-JP | X-Link Kai: TheIceBurner
    Dragon's Dogma: 192 Warrior Linty | 80 Strider Alicia | 32 Mage Terra
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    So, I recently bought Baroque and am having an alright time. The story is just bizarre though, so mostly I'm just doing it for the old grind. Not too horrible for $20. I also got BWii (fun while it lasts) and RE4:Wii (already own it on GC but hey I love it and play it constantly so I figured I may as well do it right).

I got Baroque also. Weird, weird game, but something about it is addictive.

The gameplay did require getting used to, and I like new experiences.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    http://www.amazon.ca/Atlus-DK-70005-9-Dokapon-Kingdom/dp/B001AMTH1A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1230367996&sr=8-1

Dokapon Kingdom is $20. Any good to play with the GF? Can't really glean what the game is like from the info I've found... cept it's a boardgame/RPG hybrid?

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    CyrixdCyrixd Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Figgy wrote: »
    http://www.amazon.ca/Atlus-DK-70005-9-Dokapon-Kingdom/dp/B001AMTH1A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1230367996&sr=8-1

Dokapon Kingdom is $20. Any good to play with the GF? Can't really glean what the game is like from the info I've found... cept it's a boardgame/RPG hybrid?

Yes.

I played it with my girlfriend with two bots and she loved it. She then went on to beat it in her own single player game. That aside, it's great fun multiplayer.

Cyrixd on
    Nintendo ID/PSN: CyrixD
    SteamID: FronWewq
    Battle.net: Orange#1845
    3DS Friend Code: 1289-9498-5797
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    So what do we have to look forward to in the next six months or so?

Lit? Muramasa?

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Ultimate Shooting Collection, if only for Radio Allergy.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    So what do we have to look forward to in the next six months or so?

Lit? Muramasa?

madworld, deadly creatures, house of the dead, and the conduit should all be out within the next 3-4 months

Guek on
  • Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Whoa Lit looks like a pretty interesting concept.

earthwormadam on
  • Options
    AnakinOUAnakinOU Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    So...when is Fragile coming for non-Japanese Wiis?

AnakinOU on
  • Options
    Dodge AspenDodge Aspen Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    So, it's really not a "hardcore game", but Bloom Blox fucking rox. I got it for Christmas and am loving it. We are having some really fun family jenga-type games. I can't recommend this game enough, especially if you have a lot of local multiplayer candidates. So fun, and so simple.

Dodge Aspen on
    Xbox - Dodge Mega
    Switch - SW-3699-5063-5018

• Options
    carmofincarmofin Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    so i saved christmas with wario land i guess, still had a ps2 rpg to be played.
    but nintendo or some third party better delivers something playable next year, because right now theres nothing around the corner that really catches my interest. its all not, you know, bad, but its all developing on a mere "nights - journey of dreams" i really really want to like this but that just isnt it scale.

carmofin on
    PSN | Steam
    ___
    NNID: carmofin
    3DS: 2852 6971 9745
    Throw me a PM if you add me