As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Netflix Instant View, 360 and You

12345679»

• Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    jefe414 wrote: »
    Also:
    Sukiyaki Western Django:
    "In a strange land where East meets West, two rival gangs, the Heike Reds and the Genji Whites, are locked in a deadly feud over a fortune in gold. A lone hero (Hideaki Ito) comes to town, meets the gangs' various victims and tries to restore order to the chaos. Director Quentin Tarantino guest stars as a gunslinger in this visually stunning Japanese spaghetti Western from cult film director Takashi Miike. "

i couldnt get past the dialog in this movie. it basically ruined everything, which is a shame because there was definitely some cool stuff going on visually. the entire cast is japanese, but all the dialog is in english. it sounds like they all learned their parts phonetically or something. impossible to take anything seriously. also quentin tarantino shows up with this fucking horrible fake japanese accent, and that didnt help anything either.

Ah_Pook on
  • Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Ah_Pook wrote: »
    jefe414 wrote: »
    Also:
    Sukiyaki Western Django:
    "In a strange land where East meets West, two rival gangs, the Heike Reds and the Genji Whites, are locked in a deadly feud over a fortune in gold. A lone hero (Hideaki Ito) comes to town, meets the gangs' various victims and tries to restore order to the chaos. Director Quentin Tarantino guest stars as a gunslinger in this visually stunning Japanese spaghetti Western from cult film director Takashi Miike. "

i couldnt get past the dialog in this movie. it basically ruined everything, which is a shame because there was definitely some cool stuff going on visually. the entire cast is japanese, but all the dialog is in english. it sounds like they all learned their parts phonetically or something. impossible to take anything seriously. also quentin tarantino shows up with this fucking horrible fake japanese accent, and that didnt help anything either.

I loved the rampant Engrish. It was so goofy and fun.

"ITS DE END OF DA WOAD!"

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Question. I got the 360 60gig harddrive+Live Kit, and it seems to be difficult to find the transfer cable nonsense. Would it be easier to return it and get a 120 gig drive and just grab a 3 month subscription for 20 bucks? it was 100 bucks for the drive, it'd be about 140 to get the 120 gig. I'd lose an extra headset, and that's about it.

SniperGuy on
    Twitch Streaming basically all week
    SniperGuyGaming on PSN / SniperGuy710 on Xbone Live
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Question. I got the 360 60gig harddrive+Live Kit, and it seems to be difficult to find the transfer cable nonsense. Would it be easier to return it and get a 120 gig drive and just grab a 3 month subscription for 20 bucks? it was 100 bucks for the drive, it'd be about 140 to get the 120 gig. I'd lose an extra headset, and that's about it.

How soon do you need your cable? I just bought a 120 to replace my 20 (like literally 'just', the data is transferring right now) and I could just mail you the cable and CD when I'm done with it, not like I'll need it. PM me if you're interested.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2009
    Looks like a bunch of new stuff got thrown up after the massive culling they performed.

Some of the new stuff I've thrown up in the last two days:

Day of the Dead (2008)
    Encino Man
    Elf
    Jekyll (the BBC series)
    Stir Crazy
    Transmorphers
    Walk Like a Man

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Transmorphers has been up. I can't bring myself to watch it.

freakish light on
    edited January 2009
    Yeah, I keep seeing it, and keep trying to ignore it. I figure I'll watch 15 minutes of it, and it'll be out of my system.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    redhalo wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    This is an interesting thread, because I just re-signed up for Netflix to try the Instant Queue.

I found it... extremely lacking in titles, to say the least. After going through the entire comedy section, I found five titles I actually wanted to watch, and a couple of them were a stretch.

And now you guys are linking all these awesome movies.

I... I don't know what to think. :P

Like I said earlier, the Instant Viewing service used to be completely and utterly worthless. Without any redeeming qualities what so ever. But with this improvement, I'm actually finding stuff I want to watch and that is actually good and that I've actually heard of before.

Compared to how things used to be, I'm fucking drowning in quality here. But for someone that signed up just for the Xbox compatability, I can see how it would still be extremely disappointing.

A large part of it has to do with Netflix's deal with Starz!. In my opinion, that's when the service really took off.

And BBC, I've been watching a fuck ton of Red Dwarf. Good stuff.

I know this has been buried for a while, but RED DWARF is available on this service? Well, fuck. I need a 360 then - shit, it'll be cheaper than buying all eight seasons of Red Dwarf. By a wide margin. And I've wanted one anyway.

JihadJesus on
  • freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I mean, if you don't want to drop the $300 you can just watch it on your computer. It's not as comfortable but it's a hell of a lot cheaper.

freakish light on
  • JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I mean, if you don't want to drop the $300 you can just watch it on your computer. It's not as comfortable but it's a hell of a lot cheaper.

Yeah, but watching it on a 16 inch laptop monitor isn't quite the same and I AM planning to buy a 360 at some point anyway after I buy an HDTV later this month. My internet is WAY too slow at the moment, but after the move it should improve pretty dramatically.

JihadJesus on
    edited January 2009
    My netflix envelopes today were advertising a new blu-ray player from LG that also natively streams netflix.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I keep getting 'playback for this item could not be started'. Any ideas?

projectmayhem on
  • Stevo 22Stevo 22 Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I used to like Zach Galifinakis and then I watched one of the comedy things on Netflix. Terrible.

He starts drinking, and I don't know if he's pretending to be drunk or not but at some point he just seems muddled. He starts picking on someone in the crowd for not being the right type of audience for his show or something. It's one thing if someone's heckling you, but to abuse your crowd as material and then not be funny about it? I was silent but there was some nervous laughter from the confused crowd. What an unfunny dick.

Stevo 22 on
    "It's do or die." "Hey, I've died twice."
    edited January 2009
    Jimmy Carr does it right.

freakish light on
  • DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Can this stream HD yet? I didnt think it could originally. If it can I might be in for this...

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
    edited January 2009
    Can this stream HD yet? I didnt think it could originally. If it can I might be in for this...

There's a limited selection of HD titles, it's not as good as on-the-disc HD, and of course you have to have fat pipes.

freakish light on
  • SilasSilas Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Huge thanks to those who recommended Primer. Amazing movie.

Silas on
    Ancient+J.png
    edited January 2009

There's a limited selection of HD titles, it's not as good as on-the-disc HD, and of course you have to have fat pipes.

To be specific, go to the "Watch Instantly" tab, and in the "Genres" drop-down there's an "HD" category.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I think ill still wait then, I have the fat pipes but quality bothers me otherwise. If the selection beefs up ill make sure to check this out.

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Eagle Vs. Shark = Awesome. I love this partnership.

projectmayhem on
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Stevo 22 wrote: »
    I used to like Zach Galifinakis and then I watched one of the comedy things on Netflix. Terrible.

He starts drinking, and I don't know if he's pretending to be drunk or not but at some point he just seems muddled. He starts picking on someone in the crowd for not being the right type of audience for his show or something. It's one thing if someone's heckling you, but to abuse your crowd as material and then not be funny about it? I was silent but there was some nervous laughter from the confused crowd. What an unfunny dick.

I have to see this because I like him a lot but if it's as bad as you say... I can't have that on my record.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • chasmchasm Ill-tempered Texan Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Just about every comedy special I've seen with him has him becoming painfully unfunny about 20 minutes in.

chasm on
    steam_sig.png
    XBL : lJesse Custerl | MWO: Jesse Custer | Best vid ever. | 2nd best vid ever.
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I can't recall any special of his I've seen that was that long.

did you see comedians of comedy? I thought that was great, but you also had patton oswald who I'm I like a bit and Brian Posehn who I like lots.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
    edited January 2009
    I know I've seen his Comedy Central Presents and that was OK. I haven't watched the one that's up on Netflix.

freakish light on