As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Goddamn, I nearly had a heart attack

DislexicDislexic Creepy Uncle Bad TouchYour local playgroundRegistered User regular
edited January 2009 in Social Entropy++
So yeah, the asshole roommate who takes 3 days from getting paid to giving me a single dollar from the 100 he owed me got evicted because I put in an illegal tenant complaint against him. This was about 3 weeks ago. 7-days notice was up 2 weeks ago

So tonight at 4:30 am, I go out to get something to drink. I open my bedroom door and I hear the TV on... That's not right. So I cautiously go exploring, AND THERE'S A FUCKING GUY SLEEPING ON MY COUCH. And the guy has a similar build/hairstyle to said evicted asshole roommate. I see bags with clothes on the floor and the first room is open, so I thought it was just him trying to move into a different room and he fell asleep.

I call the cops because I'm half asleep, paranoid, and don't need a confrontation this late at night.

Turns out, a newly-created move-in day for people who signed less than 12-month leases was today, and WE GOT NO NOTIFICATION WHATSOEVER OF NEW MOVE-INS. So I basically wasted a half hour of two officers time in the dead hours of the morning, not to mention the fact that I nearly smacked the dude in the head to tell him to get the fuck off my couch, just because my apartment complex is getting sloppy at notifying their residents of changes.

So what late-night terrors/problems have you had to deal with, when you were especially not in the mood for dealing with it?

batsig.jpg
Dislexic on

• Options
    trentsteeltrentsteel Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    What kind of fucking crazy apartment has these rules? Where do you live some third-world country?

trentsteel on
    http://www.botsnthings.com/
    I made a TD for iphone and windows phone!

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    How did you complain illegally about him and if you were evicted why the hell are you still there.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    edited January 2009
    that doesn't sound like an apartment building at alll

Knob on
  • Options
    World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    why is it okay for guys to be sleeping on your couch even if your apartment complex does notify you

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    DislexicDislexic Creepy Uncle Bad Touch Your local playgroundRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    well, they used to do only 12-month leases, but they started doing 4 and 9 month leases just this last year.

Dislexic on
    batsig.jpg
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    it's actually a minimum security prison for kid-diddlers

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    oh well that explains it.

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    DislexicDislexic Creepy Uncle Bad Touch Your local playgroundRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    why is it okay for guys to be sleeping on your couch even if your apartment complex does notify you

Well, if I'd have notification that there were new roommates coming in today, I would have been expecting something like this

Dislexic on
    batsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    do you live in student housing or something

I don't understand

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    edited January 2009
    you are pretty much a retard

Whippy on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Dislexic wrote: »
    well, they used to do only 12-month leases, but they started doing 4 and 9 month leases just this last year.

the leases are not the baffler here, friend

Knob on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    aww

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Yeah, it's a bungalow apartment complex. We share a common area (kitchen/living room/laundry) but we all have our own bedrooms/bathrooms

Edit: oh and separate leases

Dislexic on
    batsig.jpg
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    it's actually a minimum security prison for kid-diddlers

you rang

YaYa on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Knob wrote: »
    that doesn't sound like an apartment building at alll

Yeah, are you in a dorm or something? I've never fucking heard of people just being able to move in with you like that.

Do you live in Iraq?

trentsteel on

• Options
    edited January 2009
    if your landlord assigns you roommates, you are not living in an apartment building

Knob on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Hey dude, the guy who got evicted was fucking CRAZY.

Dislexic on
    batsig.jpg
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2009
    Dislexic this is what you get for touching children

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    Dangerou-DaveDangerou-Dave __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2009
    Seriously, what kind of place do you live in? Is it some sort of halfway house?

Edit: I see

Why the hell would you want to live in a place like that? Is it super cheap?

Dangerou-Dave on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    YOU ARE NEATLY AVOIDING THE THING NOBODY IS GETTING

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    that is not a bungalow apartment complex

you are a lodger renting a room in someone's house

Knob on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    it does sound like prison though really

are you paying to go to prison

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Seriously, what the fuck kind of place do you live in? Is it some sort of halfway house?

Yeah I'm going to guess halfway house or group-home for the mentally ill or dual diagnosis children.

Those are the only places I could see this happening.

trentsteel on

• Options
    edited January 2009
    dislexic do you by any chance pay your rent by the week? that would explain a lot

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    that is not a bungalow apartment complex

you are a lodger renting a room in someone's house

No. It's a bungalow. there are 12 bungalows per building, each bungalow has between 2 and 4 bedrooms, a laundry room, living room, porch, and kitchen.

This is a bungalow

Dislexic on
    batsig.jpg
  • Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    This isn't a good 5 am thread because it is frustrating to me how you can't answer god damn questions

No Great Name on
    PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    WHAT FUCKING QUESTION

Dislexic on
    batsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    don't get mad at us just because we're trying to understand your problems

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    you should have killed him with your fists

Whippy on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Ok. So here's my new question:

If you live in this place WHICH IS NOT AN APARTMENT in any sane sense of the term, and you know you are subject to these halfway house for pedophiles-type rules than what is so shocking about finding another pedophile in your "shared area"?

trentsteel on

• Options
    edited January 2009
    look, this will be a lot simpler for everyone if you just pack up and move into a human apartment with sensical policies

Knob on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    they are the size, shape, and consistency of hams

Whippy on
  • Options
    Dangerou-DaveDangerou-Dave __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2009
    A bungalow is a quaint single story home.

You seem to live in a ...building...where several 'bungalows' are attached together?

Maybe by a hallway? With a guard?

Do they let you outside in the daytime?

Dangerou-Dave on
  • Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    it's probably just student, or student affiliated housing. I know here at my complex you can say that you'd like roommates, but dont know anyone who'd like to live here too. They put you in with the rest of the people in the same boat. So, you can end up with up to 1-3 random people who all dont mind random people for a much lower rent cost.

it sounds like this continues that idea, with the idea that if someone leaves, just replace them with someone else

ronzo on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I'm writing posts, and NGN is bitching at me because I can't answer some question that isn't referenced so I have no idea what the fuck is going on.

Dislexic on
    batsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    trentsteel wrote: »
    Ok. So here's my new question:

If you live in this place WHICH IS NOT AN APARTMENT in any sane sense of the term, and you know you are subject to these halfway house for pedophiles-type rules than what is so shocking about finding another pedophile in your "shared area"?
    and why would you keep any of your belongings in these essentially public areas?

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    look, this will be a lot simpler for everyone if you just pack up and move into a human apartment with sensical policies

he is yu law

he is nobody's bitch

Whippy on
  • Options
    CampionCampion Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    You were surprised that they replaced your housemate with someone else?

Campion on
    4484-7718-8470
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    so you live in a place

and that place, you share with a roommate, who you do not determine

when a person leaves, another one takes their place, and you have no control or sayso over who they are

and you don't think this is weird

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    http://www.campuslodge.com/

This is where I fucking live

Dislexic on
    batsig.jpg