As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

24 - Day 8 [IT IS FINISHED]

• Options
    tardcoretardcore Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    hyundai-genesis-concept-20070403035705130.jpg

SprintNextel.JPG

cisco.jpg

That's all I have to say about 24: Redemption.

tardcore on
  • Options
    EmanonEmanon __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    Finally watched the show on the DVR... this weekend I will go out to buy Far Cry 2.

Emanon on
    Treats Animals Right!
  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I mentioned this in another thread..but, a couple years ago I got the flu and hallucinated that I was Jack Bauer and had to go and save Tony...It didn't help that I had a mexican guy in my apartment down the hall who kept saying the name Almeda for some reason....

Element Brian on
    Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Hey so I haven't watched 24 in a few years, what was that one season that everyone liked where it was like all action all the time and less retarded drama? I was thinking I'd Netflix it

I think Jack ripped a dude's throat out or something

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    EliteBattlemanEliteBattleman Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Olivaw wrote: »

If you're looking for an even slightly decent story, don't bother.

Otherwise, it's season 6.

He bit a dudes throat out... in the first episode.

EliteBattleman on
    This is my sig.
    There are many others like it, but this one is mine.
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Olivaw wrote: »

If you're looking for an even slightly decent story, don't bother.

Otherwise, it's season 6.

He bit a dudes throat out... in the first episode.

Eh, 24 has always been pretty stupid

I watched it to see Jack Bauer beat the shit out of bad guys and shout "THERE'S NO TIME WHERE'S MY DAUGHTER" a lot

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    They're bringing back
    Tony?!

But they can't bring back NINA? ... Tch.

I will always hold that it would be interesting to reintroduce Nina. Maybe the last few years she's been recovering from the number Jack did on her, sequestered away from view by the government because - zomg twist - she was actually undercover the entire time. Oh em geez, how would Jack deal with the fact that Nina had to kill his wife for her cover and the good of the country?!...

Stupid. But not any more stupid than 24 has been.

Dac on
    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Dac wrote: »
    They're bringing back
    Tony?!

I will always hold that it would be interesting to reintroduce Nina. Maybe the last few years she's been recovering from the number Jack did on her, sequestered away from view by the government because - zomg twist - she was actually undercover the entire time. Oh em geez, how would Jack deal with the fact that Nina had to kill his wife for her cover and the good of the country?!...

Way more stupid.

They should just do a full fledged zombie apocalypse.

tofu on
  • Options
    frank as fuckfrank as fuck __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    I stopped watching this after I couldn't handle the atrociousness of what happened to Kim Bauer in a 24 hour period and the unapologetic way the show portrayed every female as weak or treacherous. Has this changed at all?

frank as fuck on
  • Options
    tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Nope

tofu on
  • Options
    KatholicKatholic Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I stopped watching this after I couldn't handle the atrociousness of what happened to Kim Bauer in a 24 hour period and the unapologetic way the show portrayed every female as weak or treacherous. Has this changed at all?

But...but...women are weak and treacherous.

Katholic on
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Dac wrote: »
    They're bringing back
    Tony?!

Slightly different, but only barely. Tony died in his arms, but was immediately whisked away. It's plausible that he was revived.

Jack shot Nina in the face while she lied prone.

Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    So I watched Redemption again last night to make sure I'm caught up for Season 7, and though I must admit I wasn't crazy about it when I watched it back in November, I had a much more positive view of the show after watching it last night.
    The first time I was kind of disappointed because it seemed sort of slow and didn't seem to have much bearing on the overall story. However, I'm now kind of liking the idea of making Jack an actual human being again, instead of the mindless robot killing machine he's been for the last couple of seasons. I can definitely see this concept extending deep into the next season as he has to struggle with Tony's apparent betrayal, and as he has to answer for some of the things he's done in the past.

Less than a week!

Big Dookie on
    Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • Options
    CantideCantide Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Big Dookie wrote: »
    So I watched Redemption again last night to make sure I'm caught up for Season 7, and though I must admit I wasn't crazy about it when I watched it back in November, I had a much more positive view of the show after watching it last night.
    The first time I was kind of disappointed because it seemed sort of slow and didn't seem to have much bearing on the overall story. However, I'm now kind of liking the idea of making Jack an actual human being again, instead of the mindless robot killing machine he's been for the last couple of seasons. I can definitely see this concept extending deep into the next season as he has to struggle with Tony's apparent betrayal, and as he has to answer for some of the things he's done in the past.

Less than a week!

The only problem with this is
    the people behind the show have typically been very supportive of the methods Jack uses. Rather than condemning him for the unethical and inhumane stuff he's done in the past, I'm guessing the show will eventually paint his accusers as wishy-washy appeasers who don't have what it takes to keep America safe. Mind you, I'd love to be wrong.

Cantide on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Yeah, you could be right. History certainly wouldn't support it, but I still hope they will prove me wrong.

Big Dookie on
    Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    YodaTunaYodaTuna Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

Chloe is going to fucking kill you.

Also the president in S7 is a woman.

YodaTuna on
  • Options
    GungHoGungHo Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    You know when I really started to love Chloe? She tasered the guy twice.

GungHo on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Yeah, I have to admit that Chloe has grown on me. It took a really long time, but she grew on me.

Big Dookie on
    Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    mugginnsmugginns Jawsome Fresh CoastRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Chloe with the m4 or m16 was pretty awesome as well.

mugginns on
    E26cO.jpg
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I too have a thing for strong women.

I am ready for this season.

So ready.

I hope it's not in LA.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    The "day of 101 creepy dudes" plotline with Kim was soooo lame.

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    WetsunWetsun Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    End of season 3 is still my favorite I think.
    Chase's hand, cryin' Jack.

Wetsun on
    XBL/Steam: Wetsun
  • Options
    NarianNarian Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Malkor wrote: »
    I hope it's not in LA.

Washington, D.C.

Narian on
    Narian.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Wetsun wrote: »
    End of season 3 is still my favorite I think.
    Chase's hand, cryin' Jack.
    I dunno. Season 4's lamp cord torture was a highlight. Do you think they have torture brainstorming sessions? When are they gonna get to three-ring binders on the bridge of the nose torture? Hole puncher to the webbing between the thumb and forefinger? I'm sure there's something they can do with the chain wallets that the "alternative" kids wear.

GungHo on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    The "day of 101 creepy dudes" plotline with Kim was soooo lame.

Kim is lame, I just can't believe a guy like Jack would spawn someone so fucking retarded. If daddy was away for long periods of time you'd assume Kim would mimic him for approval, but instead she's like retarded. I figure she's not even Jacks real kid, Terry gave off the slut vibe (I have amnesia).

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    tallgeezetallgeeze Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I stop watching after season 2. If I remember right the beginning of season 2 started off with Jack killing an informant and sawing off his head to get in with some militia types.

Anything since then that can top that? Knowing Jack I'm sure the bar has been raised.

tallgeeze on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    tallgeeze wrote: »
    I stop watching after season 2. If I remember right the beginning of season 2 started off with Jack killing an informant and sawing off his head to get in with some militia types.

Anything since then that can top that? Knowing Jack I'm sure the bar has been raised.

Man that was an awesome way of showing jack didn't take no shit, besides guy was a child toucher if I recall from the brief mention.

Hmm jack lopped off one of his own teams hands to prevent a biological weapon from going off and he straight murdered Nina while she was begging for her life.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Well, the informant was a child molester, whereas Audrey's ex-husband was meerly a name on the lease.

GungHo on
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Do we need to watch the special before this season? I started watching it, but it bored me and I never finished it.

Edit: On the topic of the guy losing his head, I wish they hadn't added the child-touchey thing. They needed to make it so that the guy was "bad" in peoples' minds to justify Jack's actions. I would have preferred it if the show had challenged people to accept Jack doing it to a perfectly innocent man.

Jragghen on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Do we need to watch the special before this season? I started watching it, but it bored me and I never finished it.

Edit: On the topic of the guy losing his head, I wish they hadn't added the child-touchey thing. They needed to make it so that the guy was "bad" in peoples' minds to justify Jack's actions. I would have preferred it if the show had challenged people to accept Jack doing it to a perfectly innocent man.

Yeah it was pretty obvious why they added that. Then again I think we all know that Jack would straight murder an innocent person to save thousands. I mean he's an end justifies the means kind of guy.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    So less torture this year or the same amount? I'ma thinking there's gonna be none.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Malkor wrote: »
    So less torture this year or the same amount? I'ma thinking there's gonna be none.

There'll be some torture. I'm hoping Tony turns out to be a double agent and him and jack team up 80s style.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I'm hoping Tony is the ONLY double agent. I grew weary of the double-double betrayal by everyone. Also, CTU really needs to redo its security since every year a bad guy sneaks in undercover and kills people.

jefe414 on
    Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    jefe414 wrote: »
    I'm hoping Tony is the ONLY double agent. I grew weary of the double-double betrayal by everyone. Also, CTU really needs to redo its security since every year a bad guy sneaks in undercover and kills people.

Yeah honestly after Nina it was kind of like "What the fuck does CTU hire people out of Will Betray magazine?"

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I'm sure there will be some, but I've read they're cutting back on it this season.

Edit - RE: The torture issue.

Big Dookie on
    Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I'm sure there will be some, but I've read they're cutting back on it this season.

Well it was getting a little macguyverish in their methods. Kind of like "Ok jack you have bubblegum a paperclip and a 4 week old puppy, torture this guy!"

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Jack: "Grargh, I only need the puppy."

GungHo on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    GungHo wrote: »
    Jack: "Grargh, I only need the puppy."

"Whos a good boy, whos a good boy? YOUR MY GOOD BOY."

"NO NO I'll talk I can't stand to see a formerly awesome character emasculated so."

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009

Right in the trailer, the lady agent's all "do what you have to, torture him if you must."

But if you watched the special, he may not... no idea. :|

Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    As a quick little whore out to anyone here who plays phallas over on CF

24: Day 9 The Game is taking sign ups

The_Reflection on