As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Hi! My name is... (or "Why I hate anyone with more than 1 'X' in their name")

• tellahsagetellahsage Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    NO ONE CARES "SmOkEyMCPot420lolbigbowlmanvaporizerpotgreenweedisgoodxxxZ" get a name change

Agreed.

tellahsage on
    Will Game for Food
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    *snip*
    Because of the way your name is all mashed together, I always read it as Happy lil elif, thinking you are some kind of programming nerd.

Actually, just force of habit from the days when Robot Satan would take you if you tried to put a space in a user name.

HappylilElf on
  • FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2009
    Probably the new annoying "xX Xx" name thing I've seen is

"iTz ____"

and also alternating caps. At one point the entire leaderboard on www.halocal.com was alternating-caps gamertags.

FyreWulff on
  • troublebrewingtroublebrewing Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    It's the name of my (home)Brewery.

I had a slew of kewl computer nerd handles before, formatkid, formatreinstall (so clever I know!)

troublebrewing on
  • rfaliasrfalias Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    It's the name of my (home)Brewery.

I had a slew of kewl computer nerd handles before, formatkid, formatreinstall (so clever I know!)

I keep thinking you are trublebrewin that plays WoW on shattered hand and raids with my guild all the time... QUIT THAT!! :x :lol:

rfalias on
  • troublebrewingtroublebrewing Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    heh, no my WoW days are behind me for better or for worse. Didn't play on Shattered Hand though!

Okay I'll quit!!

troublebrewing on
  • TK-42-1TK-42-1 Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    [420] Dote up a Cat is still the best tag ive ever seen.

TK-42-1 on
    sig.jpgsmugriders.gif
  • Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    My user name is my favorite character from Reservoir Dogs.

Who is also my favorite actor.

Simple.

Mr Pink on
  • WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Yorker wrote: »
    Willeth wrote: »
    Dusda wrote: »
    My handle is very simple. Dusda is an anagram of my full name. Dustin Dahl becomes Dusda. I came up with it during the SWG beta, using some random name generator. It is a simple formula, using the first three of your first name and the first two of your last. I managed to get my domain name with the same name as well, which is pretty awesome since five character domains are a pain in the ass to get.

I don't think I'd be comfortable calling myself Wilte.

William...

Templeton, is that it? all i could think of.

what the shit how did you get that

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • YorkerYorker Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Dusda wrote: »
    My handle is very simple. Dusda is an anagram of my full name. Dustin Dahl becomes Dusda. I came up with it during the SWG beta, using some random name generator. It is a simple formula, using the first three of your first name and the first two of your last. I managed to get my domain name with the same name as well, which is pretty awesome since five character domains are a pain in the ass to get.

I don't think I'd be comfortable calling myself Wilte.

William...

Templeton, is that it? all i could think of.

what the shit how did you get that

Well... uh, as i said it was the first thing i could think of starting with those letters.

Really don't know where i have it from though, not like i can think of anybody famous with that name.

EDIT: Also that is a pretty cool name actually.

Yorker on
    76561198037322631.png
  • LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Haha, I was waiting for him to freak out about that, or I assumed you knew somehow.

LewieP on
  • WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Its not like it isn't out there. It's at the bottom of every SG post. It's just that it was apparently a guess.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • YorkerYorker Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Its not like it isn't out there. It's at the bottom of every SG post. It's just that it was apparently a guess.

SG?

EDIT: Oh shit, you guys have a podcast?

I've probably seen your sig fucking hundreds of times without clicking on it or even reading the damn thing.

Yorker on
    76561198037322631.png
  • MongerMonger I got the ham stink. Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    edit:
    Monger wrote: »

I once played a a round of CS with a dude named "umop ap!sdn." Look at it for a minute.

Oh god, that's fantastic. I would be proud of myself if I had come up with that.
    I know. Unfortunately, that guy didn't come up with it either. No idea who did, though he may have mentioned it at one point.

Monger on
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    My name is boring and only serves to underscore my complete lack of creativity.
    It's my initials followed by my birthday.

But I've had it since I was an AOLer. It's my name on probably a dozen forums (of which I post on maybe 4) and it's my email address. I occasionally think about changing it, but never do. I don't know what I'd want to change it to and am too lazy to bother with changing it. even if it gets me ignored by most people for having a number name.

see317 on
  • MJMJ Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    1)MJ is basically 2 of my initials since M is another forumer here from the artist's corner.
    LetterThirteen is my PSN name I made to be ambiguous and it's basically the same thing as M, which I started using since Perfect Dark on the N64.

2)I don't judge people but if they have cleverly built names like RandomBattle and DisruptiveSmell then they get an ok in my book. xXNameXx and SSJ Saiyan whatever and alternate spelling versions of Strife, Sephiroph and other FF names are instant losers in my book.

MJ on
    mino_mirror_punch2_sig.gif
  • AiranAiran Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    edit:

I once played a a round of CS with a dude named "umop ap!sdn." Look at it for a minute.

Oh god, that's fantastic. I would be proud of myself if I had come up with that.
    I know. Unfortunately, that guy didn't come up with it either. No idea who did, though he may have mentioned it at one point.

I didn't get it for a few minutes then I was all oooooooooooooh :D

As for me, I got mine from the character in the game Sin and Punishment. 9 years ago there was a preview of it on Official Nintendo Magazine UK and I thought "I like that name". The character's female, but I never realized until later. Thanks, N64 graphics!

Airan on
    paDudSig.jpg
  • Genji GlovesGenji Gloves ClubPA regular
    edited January 2009
    One of my first online names ever was "TheCasualWarrior" and it wasn't bad at all for a 12-year-old, if I do say so myself.

Genji Gloves on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ArcusArcus Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    My name comes from an old and obscure genesis game that probably few people around here played, named

250px-Aocover.jpg

While it wasn't even my favorite RPG at the time, I do remember liking it and thought the name was pretty cool. Plus it was awesome because it had 1 or 2 Players and 8 Meg Power

As for other people's handles or names with Xx420xX things like that, I don't immediately think they are bad people or anything, just that they are either really young or immature like that. I can't really hate on them since I remember doing the whole Xx thing back in the old AOL days.

When they start ACTING like retards is when they get the /ignore

Arcus on
  • TacoManTacoMan Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    TacoMan has been my call sign since Counter Strike. It's derived from me being called "The Mexican" by friends in high school (I'm really half-filipino/caucasian) and I was born in Tacoma, so I thought it appropriate.

I also love tacos, but who doesn't?

My XBL tag is JudoJedi, which is an alliterative amalgamation of two things I love: Star Wars and Judo. It's got a nice ring to it and it's almost symmetrical in a way.

TacoMan on
  • MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Airan wrote: »
    edit:

As for me, I got mine from the character in the game Sin and Punishment. 9 years ago there was a preview of it on Official Nintendo Magazine UK and I thought "I like that name". The character's female, but I never realized until later. Thanks, N64 graphics!

I dont see it.

Mighty on
    Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • ArcusArcus Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Mighty wrote: »
    I dont see it.

Tilt your head a little
    or a lot

Arcus on
  • FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2009
    Mighty wrote: »
    Airan wrote: »
    edit:

I dont see it.

spoilered:
    umop ap!sdn | upside down

FyreWulff on
  • ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Extreaminatus is a buthering of Exterminatus: which is a 40k reference to bombing a planet into a smoking orb of uselessness. It's like Exterminatus, but instead of turning it into a big ball of nothing, it makes every one extreame and want to skateboard and surf and do awesome things, all the time.

My XBL tag is lilwoodenpuppet, because ButImARealBoy was taken (I like Pinocchio and the first Shrek).

My old name used to be OreganoWarrior, becuase I was 10 and I thought it rhymed.

Extreaminatus on
  • JamesDMJamesDM Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Extreaminatus is a buthering of Exterminatus: which is a 40k reference to bombing a planet into a smoking orb of uselessness. It's like Exterminatus, but instead of turning it into a big ball of nothing, it makes every one extreame and want to skateboard and surf and do awesome things, all the time.

My XBL tag is lilwoodenpuppet, because ButImARealBoy was taken (I like Pinocchio and the first Shrek).

My old name used to be OreganoWarrior, becuase I was 10 and I thought it rhymed.

I think you wanted to be WeedWarrior but you didn't want your parents to know...

It's cool, I get it.

JamesDM on
    If you have any complaints about this poster then feel free to: Иди на хуй, Сучьи :D

Steam, PSN, XBL, Xfire and everything else JamesDM
  • TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    my name is derived from a starcraft clan i was in a loooong time ago.

our tag was The(fillinsomethinghere)Eagle

so i became thekooleagle D:

but now i mostly just go by keagle, which i find humorous

TheKoolEagle on
    uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
  • LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

SG?

EDIT: Oh shit, you guys have a podcast?

I've probably seen your sig fucking hundreds of times without clicking on it or even reading the damn thing.

It's been on hiatus for a while, but we are starting it up again soon.

LewieP on
  • randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    My name is awesome because it is rarely ever taken ever.

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • Walrus PeteWalrus Pete Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

Yeah well my name is never taken.

Walrus Pete on
  • GuyMontagGuyMontag Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I've never really stuck to one innerweb alias, but I started using Guy Montag when I got into TF2. I wanted a name fitting for a pyro, my favourite class, and remembered the literary classic in which a dude burns a lot of stuff and people with a flamethrower. Since then I've used Guy Montag whenever I can.

GuyMontag on
    News you can use! (FAILURE TO USE THIS NEWS WILL RESULT IN TERMINATION)
  • Genji GlovesGenji Gloves ClubPA regular
    edited January 2009
    GuyMontag wrote: »
    I've never really stuck to one innerweb alias, but I started using Guy Montag when I got into TF2. I wanted a name fitting for a pyro, my favourite class, and remembered the literary classic in which a dude burns a lot of stuff and people with a flamethrower. Since then I've used Guy Montag whenever I can.

The one day I played TF2 at a friend's house, I used the pyro and I named myself Trash Can Man.

I felt it was pretty clever.

Genji Gloves on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Oh, my friend's Xbox Live tag is big frat boy.

Because it's a joke

And we call everyone "bro" online. And quote entries from our Encyclopedia Brotannica

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    GuyMontag wrote: »

Fahrenheit 451

good choice.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Mmmm... Cocks...Mmmm... Cocks... Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

Yeah well my name is never taken.
    Pfft, you don't know jack about names being taken.

Some of you might know my story of my current name, ahem:

Anyway, I joined here almost six years ago. So I was still fifteen, going on sixteen I guess. But for some reason my teenage mind was on FF7, you know how it goes.
    But I really hated the stigma that goes along with a name like that. I really grew out of it quick as I started using the net more and expanding more into games in general. Anyway, I didn't want to change my name, it always felt like when people on a board change their name or avatar they seem to disappear. I'm sure you all know what I mean. But a while ago some mod started a thread for changing your name. He was pissed about all the people asking him so there was a catch. You post your new name in the thread and he would flip a coin. Heads and you would get your name, tails and he picked one. I figured if I changed my name to MM it would be cool and still identifiable. And hell, I've used the same sig and avatar for years, who could miss my name anyway? But yea, I lost... Don't ever wanna change though!

Mmmm... Cocks... on
  • shinydiscopaulshinydiscopaul Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    There's a song. Shiny Disco Balls.

I have a dj friend who used to cut in on the mike whenever I was dancing to it, and he'd shove my name in the song.

Not the first song he's done that to, either.

shinydiscopaul on
  • X Pr3dat0R XX Pr3dat0R X Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

I have a dj friend who used to cut in on the mike whenever I was dancing to it, and he'd shove my name in the song.

My dad, Douglas, was a DJ back in his day.
    Apparently he revelled in the fact that he could change the names of "Boogie Wonderland" and "Blame It On The Boogie" to be "Dougie's Underpants" and "Blame It On Big Dougie".
    Anyone who knows him from his DJ days are EXTREMELY quick to remind me of this when they meet me.

X Pr3dat0R X on
  • FaffelFaffel Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I really do think "mista innanet" is the greatest name I've ever come up with. I just need to find a picture of a stickman made out of tubes labeled "internet" and put a top hat on him for my spray.

Faffel on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shinydiscopaulshinydiscopaul Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

My dad, Douglas, was a DJ back in his day.
    Apparently he revelled in the fact that he could change the names of "Boogie Wonderland" and "Blame It On The Boogie" to be "Dougie's Underpants" and "Blame It On Big Dougie".
    Anyone who knows him from his DJ days are EXTREMELY quick to remind me of this when they meet me.

That's unfortunate for you, sweetie.

But also funny.

shinydiscopaul on
  • KizKiz Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »
    Kiz wrote: »
    Kiz is the natural nickname of Kieran, so my nick isn't terribly imaginative. Though in my case it was a little bit more interesting. I was Kieran -> Kizza -> Kizzabazza -> Kizzawizzaboomfartpoo -> Kiz. Most of that is from before I can remember though.

Really? I've always gotten "Kie".

The only other "Kieran" I knew got Kiea (no idea how you spell it but phonetically it works out Key-a)

It might be an Australian thing. A lot of people get z names here.
    Barry? Baz. Daren? Daz. Sharon? Shaz.

Kiz on
    PSN: Kiz-ziK | Gamertag: KizziK | Steam: Kizzik
  • JamesDMJamesDM Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »
    Kiz is the natural nickname of Kieran, so my nick isn't terribly imaginative. Though in my case it was a little bit more interesting. I was Kieran -> Kizza -> Kizzabazza -> Kizzawizzaboomfartpoo -> Kiz. Most of that is from before I can remember though.

Really? I've always gotten "Kie".

The only other "Kieran" I knew got Kiea (no idea how you spell it but phonetically it works out Key-a)

It might be an Australian thing. A lot of people get z names here.
    Barry? Baz. Daren? Daz. Sharon? Shaz.

Yeah, I can confirm having spoken with many of the Australian sort.

This is a thing and it is not an American thing.

JamesDM on
    If you have any complaints about this poster then feel free to: Иди на хуй, Сучьи :D

Steam, PSN, XBL, Xfire and everything else JamesDM