As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Recommend some Gamecube games for me

JebuJebu Registered User regular
edited February 2007 in Games and Technology
So I got a Wii, and while I'm having fun with its games as well as the Virtual Console, I have to admit that a big part of why I got it was so that I could get a chance to play a lot of Gamecube games I missed out on since I only had a PS2 before. So, I bought a used controller and memory card from a friend and am now on the hunt for excellent Gamecube games, especially since they will most likely be pretty cheap.

I'm not really interested in getting any of the multiplayer stuff (i.e. Smash Bros Melee, Mario Kart, etc.), as I've already played them to death with my friends on their Gamecubes. I've already decided I'm getting Metroid Prime 1 and 2, as well as Eternal Darkness. What other single-player games should I look for?

Jebu on

• bruinbruin Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    From yesterday - http://www.penny-arcade.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1073846952

Edit - Buy Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door.

bruin on
  • Kewop DecamKewop Decam Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    RE4, VJ, Killer 7, a lot of stuff.

I think we just had this thread. We kindda have this thread like once a week

Kewop Decam on
    pasigfa7.jpg
  • RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    If you don't want multiplayer Gamecube games, then I would recommend the following. I assume you're a fan of survival horror since you mentioned Eternal Darkness.

Resident Evil 4 (unless you already own the PS2 version, although the GC version does have the better visuals)
    Resident Evil (remake of the original. Excellent game)
    Resident Evil Zero (not as good as the other two, but still worth playing through once)
    Metroid Prime
    Super Mario Sunshine (gets a lot of flack for not being amazing, but it's actually a pretty good game)
    Ikaruga (extremely hard, but well done shoot-em-up)
    Zelda: Wind Waker (flawed, but still an excellent game)
    Paper Mario (easy, short, and simple, but still a rather fun RPG)

I own Metroid Prime 2 and I just can't get into it. There isn't any one thing that was wrong with it; it just isn't as fun as MP1. And though Eternal Darkness has some neat ideas, I found the actual game to be highly disappointing.

EDIT: There really should be a sticky to one of the threads like this, because they do seem to pop up a couple times each week.

EDIT 2: Oh and if you like DDR, but aren't any good at it, Mario DDR is a lot of fun.

RainbowDespair on
  • slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Now that people are getting Wiis that didn't have GCN games, threads like this have been popping up like crazy.

slash000 on
  • Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Killer 7 Killer 7 Killer 7 Killer 7 Killer 7 Killer 7
    Resident Evil 4 Resident Evil 4 Resident Evil 4 Resident Evil 4 Resident Evil 4

Also get the box set of RE4 + RE0 + REmake for $40. A solid purchase.

Chibi Robo is pretty fun.

Mai-Kero on
  • mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    In addition to what's been mentioned, I feel the need to throw out Rogue Leader and Viewtiful Joe.

mcdermott on
  • hambonehambone Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    hambone on
    Just a bunch of intoxicated pigeons.
  • mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    hambone wrote:

Thread over.

Maybe we should sticky that? At least for a little while?

EDIT: Obviously I meant here.

mcdermott on