As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

MOTW 1-7-2008 NAMBLA edition

2»

• DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2009
    Green wrote: »
    Marvel Zombies.

Black bolt - Wilson...Oh, Wilson
    *turns to see Fisk eating some woman*
    Fisk - What? I eat when I'm upset.
    It's his wife

How was she alive? I didn't see her in any panels.

DarkWarrior on
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    How was she alive? I didn't see her in any panels.

It was explained in an earlier issue that he'd been protecting her from the others, keeping her hidden in his home.

Munch on
    edited January 2009
    Ha, thats pretty brutal.

DarkWarrior on
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    mugginns wrote: »
    Me Too! wrote: »
    Probably late as fuck but I just read Incognito

Holy. Shit.
    I read it last night too, it is pretty awesome.

I will hopefully be getting it today or tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to it.

DouglasDanger on
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    desc wrote: »
    Moment of the week: the buildup to the last page of Sub-Mariner.

Wow. Easily my favorite book Marvel is publishing right now, and I've always thought Namor was the lamest character ever.

I'm curious as to what you didn't like about Namor before (apart from his old speedo costume). I've always thought of him as Aqua-man done right.

I think it boils down to me never seeing how an aquaman/namor character really fits in with a bunch of normal super-heroes. The "king of the seas" character either comes across as a dork out of water whose power is to boss around trout except they're standing in the middle of Manhattan, or you'd have to have a bunch of heroes in scuba gear fighting a shark-themed villain because Dr. Doom took a vacation that month.

Namor flying and being super-strong doesn't seem to have anything to do with being an aquatic king. Why would you evolve to have little ankle wings on the bottom of the ocean?

Also he needs a new beautician, because his current eyebrow plucking needs to calm way, way down.

Having said all that, I was shitting bricks when I got to the last page of The Depths #5. I don't even have a guess as to how the last issue is going to wrap up. I mean ... do they go to atlantis? Do they all die? What about the film reel?

desc on
  • kdrudykdrudy Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Marvel Zombies.

Black bolt - Wilson...Oh, Wilson
    *turns to see Fisk eating some woman*
    Fisk - What? I eat when I'm upset.

Machine Man was rad as always in most of that too. I'm going to have to get the trade for this one for Zombie Deadpool and all the Aaron Stack kick-assery.

kdrudy on
    tvsfrank.jpg
  • durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

Wow. Easily my favorite book Marvel is publishing right now, and I've always thought Namor was the lamest character ever.

I'm curious as to what you didn't like about Namor before (apart from his old speedo costume). I've always thought of him as Aqua-man done right.

I think it boils down to me never seeing how an aquaman/namor character really fits in with a bunch of normal super-heroes. The "king of the seas" character either comes across as a dork out of water whose power is to boss around trout except they're standing in the middle of Manhattan, or you'd have to have a bunch of heroes in scuba gear fighting a shark-themed villain because Dr. Doom took a vacation that month.

Namor flying and being super-strong doesn't seem to have anything to do with being an aquatic king. Why would you evolve to have little ankle wings on the bottom of the ocean?

Also he needs a new beautician, because his current eyebrow plucking needs to calm way, way down.

Having said all that, I was shitting bricks when I got to the last page of The Depths #5. I don't even have a guess as to how the last issue is going to wrap up. I mean ... do they go to atlantis? Do they all die? What about the film reel?

Namor's the original Marvel super-hero, and the first modern super-hero. Hell, he fought in WW2.

I think the super-strength is from being a humanoid thing living at under incredible pressures, and the flight is because I don't know, he's a mutant.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    He's got ankle-wings because he was invented over two hundred years ago and people thought that was awesome back then. Had to fly somehow. Alright?

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • HayasaHayasa Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    They're not wings, they're actually the feet of the conjoined twin he ate in utero. The twin was the mutant, and his ability was flight.
    I am lying

Hayasa on
    fthcav.jpg
    20siy39.jpg
    xcvj1h.jpg
    2lk6t94.jpg
  • AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

He hated it when Namor actually showed up in the comic.

Algertman on
  • psycojesterpsycojester Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Algertman wrote: »

He hated it when Namor actually showed up in the comic.

Symptoms are not causes

psycojester on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Was this in this week's Spiderman?

spidermanwithboltpistolec3.jpg

He's holding a Warhammer Bolt Pistol.
    Pistoletbolter.png

Sharp101 on
  • FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Looks more like some sort of grappling gun judging by the thingy on the front end. Assuming it was a bolt pistol though...why does he have it? :lol:

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    It's a gun designed to inject the Molten Man antidote, from what I gathered.

Robos A Go Go on
  • SalmonOfDoubtSalmonOfDoubt Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    I'm gonna have to say Invincible Iron Man #9.

(Real Spoilers)
    The whole memory erasing thing. I have no idea where the fuck Matt Fraction is taking this story, but I'm gonna be there every step of the way. Oh and Norman Osborn is a dick.
    I thought it was kinda weird that it opens with a long, dull expository monologue about how Extremis and all his tools means he can access his brain like a harddrive and then immediately turn round and say "Only, not." and if wants to blank any of it, he has to blank all of it. But, okay, accepting he can't just remove specific parts of data from his thinkmeat and has to e-lobotomise himself, why not just get a telepath instead and do it that way? "Telepaths can't do harddrives" is a total none-answer.

SalmonOfDoubt on
    heavensidesig80.jpg
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    killing children would be hilarious
    Olivaw wrote: »
    HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE PENNY ARCADE FORUMS

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

AND THIS PENIS
    Man, I don't want to read about this lady's broken vagina.
    NotACrook wrote: »
    I am sitting here trying to come up with a tiered system for rating child molesters.
    cock vore is fuckin hilarious
  • HankScorpioHankScorpio Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    I'm gonna have to say Invincible Iron Man #9.

(Real Spoilers)
    The whole memory erasing thing. I have no idea where the fuck Matt Fraction is taking this story, but I'm gonna be there every step of the way. Oh and Norman Osborn is a dick.
    I thought it was kinda weird that it opens with a long, dull expository monologue about how Extremis and all his tools means he can access his brain like a harddrive and then immediately turn round and say "Only, not." and if wants to blank any of it, he has to blank all of it. But, okay, accepting he can't just remove specific parts of data from his thinkmeat and has to e-lobotomise himself, why not just get a telepath instead and do it that way? "Telepaths can't do harddrives" is a total none-answer.

My guess is that tony is
    really placing some kind of virus in his head or something and he is expecting to be captured at some point and will jack with whatever tech Osborn tries to use on him.

HankScorpio on
    Scorpiohank.png
    edited January 2009
    This thread needs more Marvel Zombies 3.

aaron5.jpg

I was pretty lukewarm on the previous Marvel Zombies books. Though I thought it was innovative to focus on the zombies as protagonists, it wasn't especially interesting. But using Machine Man and Jocasta as the stars of this one, and letting them pulp a ton of zombies in true splatterhouse horror fashion was a stroke of genius.

Even if you disliked the previous Marvel Zombie books, I have to recommend this comic to you. It's a wonderfully dark, funny book packed to the gills with mayhem and dusted off B-list heroes.

Munch on
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I still think Marvel Zombies v.s. Army of Darkness is the best thing to come from the whole thing, but Marvel Zombies 3 is still pretty good.

Robos A Go Go on
  • ZeromusZeromus Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I loved the first Marvel Zombies, and the Army of Darkness crossover was indeed quite good. Really didn't care for what I read of the second series, though, and I'm not sure I'm sold on the third based on that scan. I do hear it's good, though, so maybe I'll check it out.

Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
    edited January 2009
    Can someone explain something to me about the end of Marvel Zombies 3?
    At the end Morbius stabs Zombie Morbius but claims they are living vampires and he won't be killed that way before dying.

So what hapenned? Was he a true vampire in his dimension and he forgot as part of his partial memory loss?

DarkWarrior on
    edited January 2009
    I assumed the zombie virus turned him undead enough for it to cancel out his living vampire-ness.

Munch on
  • ChorazinChorazin Lancaster, PARegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Munch wrote: »
    I assumed the zombie virus turned him undead enough for it to cancel out his living vampire-ness.
    He can't really be the LIVING vampire when he's undead now, can he? :P

Chorazin on
    Twitter//@chorazin
    Google+//http://gplus.to/chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    3DS Friend Code: 3823 8527 9997
    Wii U NNID Chorazin