As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chat] me Amadeus

• ZimmydoomZimmydoom Accept no substitutes Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Man all you English sure are Engly today.

Zimmydoom on
    Better-than-birthday-sig!
    Gim wrote: »
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
    While sitting in a reclining chair
    Now there are Zim-Bear hybrids
    Running around and clawing eyelids
    Watch out, a Zim-Bear is about to have sex with yooooooou!
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    In this [chat] we discuss the efficacy and truthfulness of ethnic slurs.

moniker on
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    No-Quarter wrote: »
    Also: As far as I'm concerned, Northern Ireland is not part of Great Britain. There are people who disagree. Therein lie the problems of the last 400 or so years.

Do you honestly think the million or so Protestants up there would have been treated fairly had their country been amalgamated into the Republic with it's vast catholic majority?

Tav on
  • ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2009
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    You could call just anyone on the island "English". The ones that aren't don't like that.
    To be honest, I think most people would be okay with it from somebody who wasn't British.

No.

The same way an Ulster pro-crown Protestant would be offended at being called Irish.

Also: As far as I'm concerned, Northern Ireland is not part of Great Britain. There are people who disagree. Therein lie the problems of the last 400 or so years.

I remember hearing something about a war against retirement funds.

ViolentChemistry on
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Quid wrote: »
    EVE always seems like something I should be playing but never am.

Yeah, I feel you on this man.

Inquisitor on
  • RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    RonaldoTheGypsy on
    edited January 2009
    Man, I love that song.

Though I always think they are say "Mr. Furblog"

Inquisitor on
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Tav wrote: »

Do you honestly think the million or so Protestants up there would have been treated fairly had their country been amalgamated into the Republic with it's vast catholic majority?

Do you know, this is one of the things I don't miss about Glasgow.

No more being woken up at 8 in the morning on a Saturday by Orangemen, the bastards.

japan on
    edited January 2009
    Who cares what happens to their organs after they die? It's not like you'll need them.

Tav on
  • RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I find it interesting that everybody I meet either, "likes" or "hates" Daft Punk. I hope to one day have a girlfriend that thinks they're teh awesomezors.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Inquisitor wrote: »

I'm going to give it a try again and see about actually getting in contact with the merch industry this time. Steam makes it too easy not to.

Quid on
    edited January 2009
    I find it interesting that everybody I meet either, "likes" or "hates" Daft Punk. I hope to one day have a girlfriend that thinks they're teh awesomezors.

I am indifferent to them. They're good, but not really my thing. I'd say I'd like them a lot more if I was into dance.

Tav on
    edited January 2009
    I'm going to give it a try again and see about actually getting in contact with the merch industry this time. Steam makes it too easy not to.

The game blows hard without a corp, make sure you get into one right away.

I just wish the day to day stuff was a little more exciting in that game, and also that my friends played it.

Inquisitor on
  • No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009

Probably about as fairly as Oliver Cromwell treated the Catholics in the North.

EDIT: But then it wasn't the Irish "settling" into England proper and stealing farmland away from the original inhabitants, all with the blessing of the high governmental authority.

No-Quarter on
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Man, I love that song.

Though I always think they are say "Mr. Furblog"

Yeah, that's my second favorite Daft Punk song, after HBFS.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
    edited January 2009
    Daft Punk is awesome. But I'm not a girl.

ViolentChemistry on
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited January 2009
    moniker wrote: »
    ok so a few months of being lazy makes me worse off fitness wise than i was last year by many orders of magnitude

fuckkkkk i'm the most out of shape person

It's winter; you're supposed to hibernate and grow fat.

I like running in the cold.

Organichu on
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    For the record, I love almost every single song on the Discovery album (except for Too Long), but of all their other music the only other ones I really like are Technologic and Around the World. I can't listen to any of the rest of it.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited January 2009
    I made a character for a new Critical Failures D&D 4E PBP thread and have spent more time today than I'd like to admit creating a character. My inner geek is sated.

Bogart on
    edited January 2009

So two wrongs make a right?

Tav on
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    So after some digging, the Crysis v. 1.2 patch decides to "extract" itself by putting 4 identical 369 meg files into my Temp directory. Two of those aren't even in use, they just sit there and are deletable. The other two, I don't know what they're doing, since it still sucks down another gig somewhere just to install itself. Frigging sloppy coders...

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
    edited January 2009
    For the record, I love almost every single song on the Discovery album (except for Too Long), but of all their other music the only other ones I really like are Technologic and Around the World. I can't listen to any of the rest of it.

Man, not even Da Funk?

Inquisitor on
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Holy crap where did the time go. Damn you whoever posted that site.

Incenjucar on
  • deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

Guys we already have a Palestine/Israel thread

...wait a second...

deadonthestreet on
  • JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009

you can always get that changed.

JebusUD on
    and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009

Maybe one day I'll go back.

Maybe.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
    edited January 2009

...wait a second...

You know, when the Glasgow football clubs decided to crack down on the sectarian shit, one of the things they did was prohibit Irish Tricolours, The Red Hand of Ulster, and the Union Flag from matches. So the two sides starting bringing Palestinian and Israeli flags instead.

I wish I was making that up.

japan on
    edited January 2009
    I can't imagine a Daft Punk concert being very fun considering they'd basically just be a glorified disco with copious amounts of pot smoke in the air.

Tav on
  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited January 2009
    japan wrote: »

...wait a second...

You know, when the Glasgow football clubs decided to crack down on the sectarian shit, one of the things they did was prohibit Irish Tricolours, The Red Hand of Ulster, and the Union Flag from matches. So the two sides starting bringing Palestinian and Israeli flags instead.

'It has never been hard to tell the difference between a Scotsman with a grievance and a ray of sunshine'.

Bogart on
    edited January 2009

The shit that goes down in the Old Firm pisses me off something fierce.

Tav on
    edited January 2009
    daft punk works best with no vocal track.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

That's kind of awesome

deadonthestreet on
  • JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I can't imagine a Daft Punk concert being very fun considering they'd basically just be a glorified disco with copious amounts of pot smoke in the air.

DUDE! they are techno robots! They have a giant black pyramid. A technopyramid!

and I imagine that everyone is on E or Acid. Not weed.

JebusUD on
    and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
    edited January 2009
    JebusUD wrote: »

Not really. I identify as male, "a dude" is part of who and what I am in my own mind.

ViolentChemistry on
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I don't identify as "dude" so much as I would make a pretty hideous woman.

Incenjucar on
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Well, despite having the most piss poor exercise of my life, at least I did SOMETHING and at least I now know how out of shape I am, which is motivation to get back into a routine.

I am terribly out of shape.

And now is lunch time.

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
    edited January 2009

Not really. I identify as male, "a dude" is part of who and what I am in my own mind.

Yeah, you can't really change that.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
    edited January 2009
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    I don't identify as "dude" so much as I would make a pretty hideous woman.

Well you already make a pretty hideous man!

BA-ZING!!

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
    edited January 2009

That's kind of awesome

It's really not. It's completely retarded in every sense.

It's often difficult to explain this to people from outside Scotland, but for a lot of these idiots they really mean it. They will sing "The Sash" in the stands and mean every fucking word.

People get killed over this. Routinely.

japan on
    edited January 2009

DUDE! they are techno robots! They have a giant black pyramid. A technopyramid!

and I imagine that everyone is on E or Acid. Not weed.

Oy, that would be a scary place to be on acid, weed for me please thanks.

ViolentChemistry on
This discussion has been closed.