As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

24 - Day 8 [IT IS FINISHED]

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I know what you mean. It's weird.

In the first five minutes I thought "oh shit it's 24!", but I did not say it to my friend I was watching with just in case.

then he took a long shit during the first ep and lost a lot of interest because he missed a lot. I need to make sure he watches tomorrow.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    man, you gotta shit before it all starts
    you know you're watching tv for 2 hours
    be prepared, jeez

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    he ate a shuarma (I don't know how to spell that) and I think it turned on him.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    shwarma

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    strakha_7strakha_7 Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Just finished watching the first two episodes on the west coast here.

It was good. Didn't expect that ending though, can't wait for tomorrow!

edit: Spoiler for the teaser

HECK YEAH Buchanan is back, and JAck gets up to his old antics it looks like. Good times are a'comin! It's like the dream team is coming together again.

Well, Chloe's not really part of the dream, per se. But Tony was always the most bad-ass of Jack's sidekicks, except possibly Hassad. And Buchanan was the most badass of Jack's bosses. All in all I'm pretty stoked.

strakha_7 on
    Want a signature? Find a post by ElJeffe and quote a random sentence!
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    Zero tolerance policies are almost invariably terrible.

One might say I have zero tolerance for them.
  • Options
    SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    strakha_7 wrote: »

HECK YEAH Buchanan is back, and JAck gets up to his old antics it looks like. Good times are a'comin! It's like the dream team is coming together again.

Well, Chloe's not really part of the dream, per se. But Tony was always the most bad-ass of Jack's sidekicks, except possibly Hassad. And Buchanan was the most badass of Jack's bosses. All in all I'm pretty stoked.
    George Mason is my pick, honestly.

SithDrummer on
  • Options
    TheSuperWootTheSuperWoot Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    strakha_7 wrote: »

George Mason is my pick, honestly.

Seriously:
    bombstrangelove.jpg

TheSuperWoot on
  • Options
    SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    :^: :D

SithDrummer on
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I concur with everything in the last three posts :D

Jragghen on
  • Options
    valiancevaliance Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    The next 2 eps will be EPIC

valiance on
  • Options
    Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    You know, I really am surprised that they
    allowed Jack to actually capture Tony at the end of the episode. The typical 24 formula is for all of the baddies to die except for the main guy they want, who somehow escapes in some ridiculous fashion. Here, Tony was just a guy hiding in the closet and running like a common criminal when found out... you know, like it would happen in real life kind of.
    I think it's a good sign that they do seem to be changing things around a bit.

Big Dookie on
    Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • Options
    HozHoz Cool Cat Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    It would take a lot of bad writing to explain away Tony as a bad guy, so I'm guessing he's working undercover or something. Although, bad writing is not out of the question here.

Hoz on
  • Options
    SlagmireSlagmire Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Already I can't stand Janeane Garofalo in this - either her or her character.

Slagmire on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Slagmire wrote: »

Although it would be funny if there actually was an army of attractive nerd girls working in various law-enforcement agencies.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

I didn't mind her, sarcastajackass was more of an issue to me. So far its a solid start to the season, hell they even got Meathos in on the 24 action. I think the big problem with season 6 was no Carlos Bernard. The female pres was better in this ep than what little we saw of her in Redemption.

Couple things about this ep.

Is there a government agency in the 24 universe that isn't compromised? I mean honestly ctu was mole central and now the fbi too. Does anyone else think that agent hotty is screwing her boss? There seemed to be a little tension, more than work related.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Shit, even the secret service is compromised. What drives me crazy is not just how implausible everything in 24 is, but the fact that people actually use the show as an example of how our government should act in the reality.

Hoz on
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I'm pretty sure that in the 24 universe, there are pre-schools being infiltrated by young terrorist prodigies in order to secure information on the US's Milk & Cookies initiatives. Probably prepping for acts of terror by disrupting nap time through an obnoxious chorus of "This is the song that never ends".

Beep. Boop. Beep. Boop.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    SlagmireSlagmire Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Hoz wrote: »
    Shit, even the secret service is compromised. What drives me crazy is not just how implausible everything in 24 is, but the fact that people actually use the show as an example of how our government should act in the reality.
    I blame the La-li-lu-le-lo

Slagmire on
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    After the thing with the planes I'm betting the internet that Tony is under deep cover for some sort of shadow agency in the government.

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited January 2009
    Shit, I forgot this was on last night.

Could some kind soul give me a quick synopsis so I know what the hell's going on tonight?

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    After the thing with the planes I'm betting the internet that Tony is under deep cover for some sort of shadow agency in the government.

Tough call at this point. I can't see Tony wanting to betray his government. And Carlos Bernard is too awesome to just have be a bad guy.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    EliteBattlemanEliteBattleman Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Episode 3 really was 31 flavors of awesome.
    Episode 4, not so much.

(I'ma not spoiler stuff)

Also:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zt9JAwj7jFs&feature=channel_page

EliteBattleman on
    This is my sig.
    There are many others like it, but this one is mine.
  • Options
    edited January 2009

Could some kind soul give me a quick synopsis so I know what the hell's going on tonight?

Jack was facing indictment for war crimes until a hot fbi agent (who can kick a little ass herself natch) got his out to help them find some terrorists who are pulling a die hard 4 like hack. Tony is leading this crew and to show how serious they are he almost crashes two planes into each other. Turns out Tony isn't the true villain and Methos shows up to take their hacking toy and gives it to someone else who's working with the villainous african regime from Redemption. Apparently in the mean time between movie and show 200k people have been murdered and the president wants to blow up that country in an iraq/rwanda mash up, so looks like our terrorist want to prevent the pres from doing that.

Towards the end of ep tony is captured by Jack and looks like tonight he'll be interrogating him. Also the presidents son from the movie committed suicide and his father does not believe that and suspects he was murdered.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Preacher wrote: »

I didn't mind her, sarcastajackass was more of an issue to me. So far its a solid start to the season, hell they even got Meathos in on the 24 action. I think the big problem with season 6 was no Carlos Bernard. The female pres was better in this ep than what little we saw of her in Redemption.

Couple things about this ep.

Is there a government agency in the 24 universe that isn't compromised? I mean honestly ctu was mole central and now the fbi too. Does anyone else think that agent hotty is screwing her boss? There seemed to be a little tension, more than work related.
    Yea she's totally screwing her boss. Too many subtle references, etc. But I mean, she's hot, who wouldn't screw her" :winky:

I like it so far, but I'm not 100% sure. 24 has always been a show where you really don't know how/where the season is going until about half way through.

wunderbar on
    XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I'm hoping since they fully shot this season out, it'll make for a superior season. Also they can be ahead of the curve for next year as well. So if they are going to do season 8 they can also have it all done and ready to go.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

Jack was testifying before the senate about torture usage.

Tony was brought back from the dead and is apparently working with a home-grown anti-government terrorist group. FBI pulls jack from the testimony in order to find him

Tony's group kidnapped an electronics guy, who is able to (in record time!) get a piece of hardware working that he knew the ins and outs of which allow them inside the governmental firewall. They use it to take control of the FAA's radios and order two planes into a near collision (having it pull off at the last instant) in order to demonstrate their power. Demands still unknown.

Jack and one FBI agent go to a person who Jack/Tony knew back in the day, Jack starts going off the deep end again (and the FBI agent, I swear, was suspiciously aroused at the concept of torture, even if it didn't happen), the guy starts to talk, then gets sniped by someone in Tony's group.

Jack and FBI agent allow the sniper to escape through the SWAT group and follow him to a shipyard, where they find the laptop which was used (now completely wiped), and capture Tony at the end of the episode.

Also, the President is about to invade an African country to stop a genocide, and the President's son had committed suicide, or so everyone thinks but the First Gentleman, who appears to be borderline psychotic and is trying to go around finding out who killed his son. Confronts the former fiancee after finding out about 400k deposited into an offshore account belonging to her 3 days after his death.

I think that covers everything

My thoughts after 2 episodes: It's very, very generic 24. Nothing special, or even particularly compelling beyond Tony being back. It's entertaining right now since we just had a 2 year dry spell. We'll see if that lasts or wears off, though.

Jragghen on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Bah jrag I think you are being hyper critical. It was a slow burn type episode which is the way the show needed to return to. I mean season 1 didn't have a lot of action to kick it off either.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Richard_DastardlyRichard_Dastardly Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I'm just glad to see Janeane Garofalo is still hot for a fifty year old woman.

Richard_Dastardly on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    The episodes are on hulu.

Hoz on
  • Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Bah jrag I think you are being hyper critical. It was a slow burn type episode which is the way the show needed to return to. I mean season 1 didn't have a lot of action to kick it off either.

Yea if they truly want to reboot the series to it's roots, the first 18 hours will largely be a build up of the story and getting to the events of the final 6 hours which is essentially one large action scene.

wunderbar on
    XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    The one thing I'm confused by, did the fbi guy say there were 3 bodies at the apartment? I counted 2... WOOPS!

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    The one thing I'm confused by, did the fbi guy say there were 3 bodies at the apartment? I counted 2... WOOPS!

I caught that. Maybe there was a guy hiding in the closet that caught a stray round?

Tomanta on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Tomanta wrote: »

I caught that. Maybe there was a guy hiding in the closet that caught a stray round?

I'm hoping there was a dead guy plant or something. I'd hate to think they had all that time and screwed that up. Though maybe there was a reshoot and they forgot.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    It seems obvious that the FBI agent woman is going to end up as Jack's love interest...but a part of me is hoping they surprise us and she ends up with Tony (pending he really isn't evil, which considering 24's track record; Im guessing is the case).

Egos on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    No need for a love interest. Honestly they are always the worst part of 24. Jack's only love was Nina and he put a bullet through her head.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    No need for a love interest. Honestly they are always the worst part of 24. Jack's only love was Nina and he put a bullet through her head.

They are the worst part..but he has them every season :( And I can't help but think the producers are thinking "Hey everyones complaining about helpless love interests, lets give him someone more in his league but thats still adversarial at times."

and shes hot....so we all know how that works.
    hot chick (thats not an extra) in a movie or show = automatic love interest

well except for Mandy, but she was hardly in it...and she was kinda bat shit crazy and evil.

Egos on
  • Options
    tallgeezetallgeeze Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Everyone in that FBI office seems to want to do each other or has already done each other.

I found it annoying. I need more bic in the ear action.

tallgeeze on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Egos wrote: »

They are the worst part..but he has them every season :( And I can't help but think the producers are thinking "Hey everyones complaining about helpless love interests, lets give him someone more in his league but thats still adversarial at times."

and shes hot....so we all know how that works.
    hot chick (thats not an extra) in a movie or show = automatic love interest

well except for Mandy, but she was hardly in it...and she was kinda bat shit crazy and evil.

I don't think there'll be a love interest this year specifically because they have been terrible. Though maybe jack and tony will share a moment.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    tallgeeze wrote: »
    Everyone in that FBI office seems to want to do each other or has already done each other.

I found it annoying. I need more bic in the ear action.

yup the annoying blond guy wants to do the hot red , the hot red wants to do Jack, and Jeanine Garofalo (sp?) wants to do the annoying blond guy (and from the previews , soon also Tony).

Egos on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I don't think there'll be a love interest this year specifically because they have been terrible. Though maybe jack and tony will share a moment.

I hope you're right. 8-)

On a completely different track: I'm curious if Logan is still alive. Neither Jack or the woman explicitly said he was dead.

Egos on