As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

24 - Day 8 [IT IS FINISHED]

• Options
    SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Egos wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    I don't think there'll be a love interest this year specifically because they have been terrible. Though maybe jack and tony will share a moment.

I hope you're right. 8-)

On a completely different track: I'm curious if Logan is still alive. Neither Jack or the woman explicitly said he was dead.
    She said he was under house arrest at his ranch.

SithDrummer on
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    wunderbar wrote: »
    Bah jrag I think you are being hyper critical. It was a slow burn type episode which is the way the show needed to return to. I mean season 1 didn't have a lot of action to kick it off either.

Yea if they truly want to reboot the series to it's roots, the first 18 hours will largely be a build up of the story and getting to the events of the final 6 hours which is essentially one large action scene.

Jack's "kick off the wall neck snap" from the end of Day 2 remains one of the most awesome moments in television to date.

Although the end of Day 3 (with Chase in the school) was probably among the most powerful scenes in the series.

I thought she meant he was under house arrest at his ranch. I could swear he died.

That said, the same could be said about Tony. 24 definitely adheres to Comic Book style deaths.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I don't think there'll be a love interest this year specifically because they have been terrible. Though maybe jack and tony will share a moment.

I hope you're right. 8-)

On a completely different track: I'm curious if Logan is still alive. Neither Jack or the woman explicitly said he was dead.

That was prior to first lady crazy pants killing him.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Richard_DastardlyRichard_Dastardly Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Forar wrote: »
    Bah jrag I think you are being hyper critical. It was a slow burn type episode which is the way the show needed to return to. I mean season 1 didn't have a lot of action to kick it off either.

Yea if they truly want to reboot the series to it's roots, the first 18 hours will largely be a build up of the story and getting to the events of the final 6 hours which is essentially one large action scene.

Jack's "kick off the wall neck snap" from the end of Day 2 remains one of the most awesome moments in television to date.

Although the end of Day 3 (with Chase in the school) was probably among the most powerful scenes in the series.

I thought she meant he was under house arrest at his ranch. I could swear he died.

That said, the same could be said about Tony. 24 definitely adheres to Comic Book style deaths.

I think he'll actually turn out to be Bizarro Tony.

Richard_Dastardly on
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

I hope you're right. 8-)

That was prior to first lady crazy pants killing him.

He started to flatline at like the very end of that episode. But they never followed up on it.

Egos on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Forar wrote: »

Days 1 and 3 probably had the most emotional moments, for myself at least:

1:
    Jack being told that his daughter's dead. He breaks down completely, just collapsing on the dock.
    3:
    Jack executing Chapelle, who (surprise surprise) had no friends and only one estranged brother. I mean, he's a complete dick pretty much anytime he's onscreen, but Jesus, you can't help but feel terrible. Then at the end of the day, Jack finally has time to come to terms with it, and starts to cry in the car.

:(

SithDrummer on
  • Options
    Can_CalyxCan_Calyx Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I was really hoping there was no mole in the FBI, and Jack's insistence of one's existence was due to his becoming hyper-paranoid from his time at CTU.

But no, of course it couldn't work out that way.
    Lame.

Can_Calyx on
    Those Days Different.
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Man Chapelle was a dick from the jump, but it was sad when Jack had to kill him. Saddest moment for me was Mason talking to his son during season 2 when Mason had been doused with radiation.

Also its kind of funny, but why is jack never treated with respect? He used to run CTU before the events of Day 1, so he was at least considered on top of it to run an organization full of traito... oh.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Can_Calyx wrote: »
    I was really hoping there was no mole in the FBI, and Jack's insistence of one's existence was due to his becoming hyper-paranoid from his time at CTU.

But no, of course it couldn't work out that way.
    Lame.

Jack has spidey sense. Haven't you learned that by now :D

Egos on
  • Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Also he is finally never surprised when top government agencies are undermined with double agents. "Oh look, you must have a traitor in the FBI." Can't trust anyone...again.

jefe414 on
    Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    jefe414 wrote: »
    Also he is finally never surprised when top government agencies are undermined with double agents. "Oh look, you must have a traitor in the FBI." Can't trust anyone...again.

24: inspiring self sufficiency; one Day at a time.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    Ethan SmithEthan Smith Origin name: Beart4to Arlington, VARegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Watching 24 is weird now. It's been 2 years and I've gotten a lot older and a lot more mature, and I'm realizing that watching it is like watching Fox's subconcious.

I loved the thing with the female president talking to the Secretary of State. "GOD DAMNIT, IF YOU CONTINUE TO HOLD YOUR OWN OPINIONS I'LL FIRE YOUR ASS"

Ethan Smith on
  • Options
    NarianNarian Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I loved the thing with the female president talking to the Secretary of State. "GOD DAMNIT, IF YOU CONTINUE TO HOLD YOUR OWN OPINIONS I'LL FIRE YOUR ASS"
    :|

Narian on
    Narian.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Watching 24 is weird now. It's been 2 years and I've gotten a lot older and a lot more mature, and I'm realizing that watching it is like watching Fox's subconcious.

It wasn't that he had his own opinions, it was his work to undermine her authority. It wasn't even that hard to understand, but I guess bias always presents itself.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    mugginnsmugginns Jawsome Fresh CoastRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I'm really interested to see what happens with Logan as well. He is easily top 3 most interesting character in the series to me.

mugginns on
    E26cO.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    mugginns wrote: »
    I'm really interested to see what happens with Logan as well. He is easily top 3 most interesting character in the series to me.

He was a weasley bastard, but he did have his moments. Probably not returning though I believe he's on another show.

I'd like to see Bill Buchanon kicking some ass alongside Bauer, have him team up with jack and tony and it would be like the super friends of fake terrorist ass kicking (maybe they'll kill a chig too).

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I have to say I liked Logan alot also. But I have odd tastes when it comes to characters on 24.

I liked Ramon Salazar, Charles Logan, Nina Meyers(less odd), Michael Amador, Christopher Henderson, Tony Almeida (less odd), and Bruce Foxton (I had to look up his name, but he was the guy that punched Sherry in season 3), and also George Mason (less odd also)

Miles was ok in the first season.

I have to admit I liked good Nina better than bad ass Nina. She really pinned down the role of non-annoying love interest..its a shame.

Egos on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I have to say I liked Logan alot also. But I have odd tastes when it comes to characters on 24.

I liked Ramon Salazar, Charles Logan, Nina Meyers(less odd), Michael Amador, Christopher Henderson, Tony Almeida (less odd), and Bruce Foxton (I had to look up his name, but he was the guy that punched Sherry in season 3), and also George Mason (less odd also)

Miles was ok in the first season.

I have to admit I liked good Nina better than bad ass Nina. She really pinned down the role of non-annoying love interest..its a shame.

The funniest thing about Nina is that in the real world she's married to Xander Berkely (George Mason).

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

Oh, I'm not complaining about desire for action. I'm just saying I don't have my expectations high because it's, simply put, more 24. The same conventions, the same general plot twists thus far, etc. Tht's not a gripe, really, given that it's what we all want - I found myself more entertained by this season than most other early ones, if only because of the two year gap.

Whether it'll remain entertaining throughout, I dunno.

Jragghen on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited January 2009
    How could you not like Henderson though.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited January 2009

The funniest thing about Nina is that in the real world she's married to Xander Berkely (George Mason).

I found it pretty surprising when I found out...mainly because of the age difference...and they seem kind of like an unlikely match. And shes quite a bit better looking imho (but he is charming so... that goes a ways)

Jragghen wrote: »

The same conventions, the same general plot twists thus far, etc. Tht's not a gripe, really, given that it's what we all want - I found myself more entertained by this season than most other early ones, if only because of the two year gap.

Whether it'll remain entertaining throughout, I dunno.

At least (they seemingly) got rid of the minor villain seems like the main villain- he gets killed by the second level villain (who you think is the main villain) but then he gets killed off by the main villain.

That was annoying... or at least the whole villain killing villain killing villain thing.

robothero wrote: »

Henderson was the fucking man (and he was Buckaroo Bonzai for gods sake and Robocop). Why did Jack have to kill him ? *sigh* :(

Sidenote about Season 1: Ira Gaines was a pretty creepy bastard as far as villains goes. He did a good job...I actually preferred him over Hopper and his two sons (although the balding one was more interesting than Hopper and the pretty boy)

Egos on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I'm hoping it will. And please god lets not have the "Oh you stopped that threat but now... 8 MORE THREATS WOO WOO" Remember when in season one there was just the one threat... yeah that was nice.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited January 2009
    robothero wrote: »

Henderson was the fucking man (and he was Buckaroo Bonzai for gods sake and Robocop). Why did Jack have to kill him ? *sigh* :(

That was one of my favorite deaths in the series. Jack gives him a gun and everything.

whoops no bullets!

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    We need jack to kill Clarence through some circumstance this year. That way he could have killed both leads in Robocop.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    It was a cool death...but I still wish they kept him alive..

On that note- really lame deaths/moments; Nina killing all those doctors and nurses after attempting to kill herself. That was really.... ugh

Egos on
  • Options
    edited January 2009

On that note- really lame deaths/moments; Nina killing all those doctors and nurses after attempting to kill herself. That was really.... ugh

But it lead to such an awesome moment.

"You don't have anymore information..."

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I'm hoping it will. And please god lets not have the "Oh you stopped that threat but now... 8 MORE THREATS WOO WOO" Remember when in season one there was just the one threat... yeah that was nice.
    No, there wasn't. For the first quarter of the day, Ira Gaines seemed to be the man running the show. I don't think we even saw Andre until about the 12th or 13th hour.

That said, the first season was wrapped up incredibly tight, and didn't seem overly contrived like certain events in S5 and S6.

SithDrummer on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    No, there wasn't. For the first quarter of the day, Ira Gaines seemed to be the man running the show. I don't think we even saw Andre until about the 12th or 13th hour.

That said, the first season was wrapped up incredibly tight, and didn't seem overly contrived like certain events in S5 and S6.

Yeah but the threat was all towards palmer. I don't mean one bad guy, I mean one thing to deal with. Season 6 just had too much of "Well you stopped this one, but a completely seperate thing was going on this whole time".

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited January 2009

But it lead to such an awesome moment.

"You don't have anymore information..."

I don't remember that...I just remembered the "Ugh" at just how absolutely unbelievable it was (not that 24 is realistic...but that was...ugh). Especially with the blood she lost , from what I remember.

Egos on
  • Options
    edited January 2009

Yeah but the threat was all towards palmer. I don't mean one bad guy, I mean one thing to deal with. Season 6 just had too much of "Well you stopped this one, but a completely seperate thing was going on this whole time".
    Oh, yeah, that whole "we were really using this nuke to generate a scare that would generate activity on the internet so we could download the last season of Lost more quickly" bit, or what have you.

SithDrummer on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Oh, yeah, that whole "we were really using this nuke to generate a scare that would generate activity on the internet so we could download the last season of Lost more quickly" bit, or what have you.

Yeah it got ridiculous (well more so than 24 usually has). I mean at least with season 1 each threat was kind of on the fly after the primary threat got dealt with. I mean it was like "Fucking bauer ok ok we got these guys lets get those fucks". Other seasons didn't seem so much on the fly like 6. That was its biggest problem, too much "OH SNAP now they got nuclear dogs bauer."

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    6 was so far-fetched in areas, I could have sworn that Jack's signature "We're running out of time!" would be met with "Time, Dr. Freeman?" sooner or later.

SithDrummer on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    So season 7 was one of the worst rated openings for 24. Season 6 murdered the fan base it even lost to desperate house wives (only by about a million viewers but still). Man I hope it was just because people forgot it was on a sunday.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    So season 7 was one of the worst rated openings for 24. Season 6 murdered the fan base it even lost to desperate house wives (only by about a million viewers but still). Man I hope it was just because people forgot it was on a sunday.

Season 6 was so bad...the whole family thing ugh..

Egos on
  • Options
    Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    One thing I meant to ask about last night, but forgot about:
    The African guy who they delivered the firewall-bypassing device to was the same guy from Redemption, right? The guy who was chasing Jack and the boys after his brother was killed? They implied in Redemption that he'd been killed by the landmine, but if that's the same guy, he obviously wasn't. Should make for a fun villain I think.

Big Dookie on
    Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Big Dookie wrote: »
    One thing I meant to ask about last night, but forgot about:
    The African guy who they delivered the firewall-bypassing device to was the same guy from Redemption, right? The guy who was chasing Jack and the boys after his brother was killed? They implied in Redemption that he'd been killed by the landmine, but if that's the same guy, he obviously wasn't. Should make for a fun villain I think.

I can't recall dook. I thought the same thing that he got blown up.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    apparently according to the extended edition (taking this from wiki) he did not die

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    apparently according to the extended edition (taking this from wiki) he did not die

It's strange he blames the US gov for his brothers death then. Because it was Jack Bauer who did it.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    APZonerunnerAPZonerunner Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Interesting factoid about Nina is that Reiko Aylesworth who played Michelle Dessler auditioned for Nina but was narrowly beaten out to the role, and in Season 2 they wrote Michelle specifically for her because her Nina audition was so good.

APZonerunner on
    APZonerunner | RPG Site | UFFSite | The Gaming Vault
    XBL/PSN/Steam: APZonerunner
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Interesting factoid about Nina is that Reiko Aylesworth who played Michelle Dessler auditioned for Nina but was narrowly beaten out to the role, and in Season 2 they wrote Michelle specifically for her because her Nina audition was so good.

Glad that she lost, I couldn't imagine her as nina.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net