As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

SFII HDRemix: Your Shit is Going Get Kicked in the Fuck!

Folken FanelFolken Fanel anime afWhen's KoFRegistered User regular
edited September 2009 in Games and Technology
machoMan.jpg

sflateryears.jpg

spoilered for H-scroll rape and some V-scroll rape
311234_full.jpg
311232_full.jpg
311216_full.jpg
What is this game?

Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix (you can call it SFHD for short) is the next installment in the street fighter II and is designed as a sequel to Super Street Fighter II Turbo. SFHD supports full 1080p and features high res. sprites as well as online play.

SFHD actually comes with two games you will be able to play.

Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
In HD Remix the game has been rebalanced with the intent of improving playability and fun.
Super Street Figher II HD Classic Arcade
In Classic Arcade has all the same gameplay from Super Turbo. No commands or moves have been changed. You will be able to use all the bugs and glitches from Super Turbo.
Both of the games give the option to use the classic sprites and music

Will the netcode be as bad as Hyper Fighting?

Short answer: no.

Long answer (taken from the Shoryuken Forums)
In the 1up.com preview article, this interesting tidbit was revealed.

Quote:
While Svensson can't detail just what it is that the developers are doing to counteract such issues with HD Remix, he offers a bold, potentially reassuring statement: "It's network code that's never been seen in a commercial fighting game before, and it will hopefully provide, even under relatively poor network connections, a much better experience than any fighting game that's ever existed."
Why is Svensson so confident? You might assume that Capcom will license the GGPO algorithm, since it has been proven to provide almost lagless online play for fighting games. However, to date Capcom has not committed to using GGPO, despite its excellent reputation among the hardcore players that use it.

Why would Capcom invest their resources in reinventing the wheel if GGPO is already out there? Don't expect an official answer from Capcom or Backbone for now, but some speculated that Capcom did not want to pay to license GGPO (this is merely conjecture and has no factual basis). Despite Capcom's refusal of using GGPO for SFHD, Svensson acknowledged GGPO's capabilities and indicated that they are doing "everything" to replicate its capabilities.

Recently, Tony Cannon (aka Ponder), the man responsible for GGPO, revealed that he was hired as a consultant to improve SFHD's networking code. SFHD will not implement GGPO because by the time Capcom announced that they will license GGPO for their online games, it would have been delayed SFHD even further to implement the algorithm. Nonetheless, Tony assured fans in this Capcom Unity post that SFHD's netcode will be as good as GGPO's.

Quote:
And indeed, we know it's possible. We're doing everything we can to provide similar levels of performance [to GGPO]. Exactly what "everything we're doing is", well some of that is going to have to remain a mystery until after we're either successful or we fail. Suffice to say, I do mean everything. Read into that what you will but I can't provide details.

Whats the Music like?

The music from the street fighter series has always been some of the most memorable and easily recognizable music in the video game industry. In SFHD the game will include the classic music that you know so well as well as fan created music from the website OverClocked ReMix a site that is "...dedicated to the appreciation and promotion of video game music as an art form."

The Result?
IMO some great remixed music that fits with the remaking/redesigning of the game. They used edited versions of the "Blood on the Asphalt" album as well as some new stuff thrown into the mix. The SF:HD remix music will be available exclusively on PSN for free at launch. The guys at OCremix also released the new versions of the songs and can be found here

OCRemix is giving the soundtrack away for free via torrent at their website. I listen to it in the car all the damn time. So should you.

What gameplay changes are they making in HD Remix?

David Sirlin who is the lead developer of SFHD and high level tournament player of Super Turbo revealed his design goals for HD Remix
1) Make the game easier to play—more inclusive rather than exclusive
2) Make the game even more balanced for tournament play
3) Add fun as long as it doesn’t interfere with #2.
  • Tweaked Moves. E.Honda can now use jap torpedo to go through those pesky fireballs, but it travels a shorter distance. Sagats tiger shot recovery is now better than new sagats recovery, but worse than old sagats recovery... its basically in line with ryu's fireball recovery.
TIGER! TIGER! TIGER! TIGER!
  • Addition of New Moves. IE Ryu's fake fireball.
  • Alternate Commands. now you dont have to hit up when doing Zangief's piledriver throw and therefore accidentally jump

Here's the complete list of changes to gameplay over at sirlin's blog

Achievements
Vanquish the Computer
Beat Arcade Mode. 20

Sheng Long is in Another Castle
Beat Akuma in Arcade Mode. 25

Here Comes A New Challenger
Play 5 Ranked Matches online. 10

SF 20th Anniversary!
Win 20 Ranked Matches Online. 20

Playing To Win
Win 100 Ranked Matches Online. 30

Master of All Things
Win With Every Character in an Online Ranked Match. 30

Training for Perfection
5 Perfect Rounds in Arcade Mode (Any Difficulty Level, no challengers) 10

Throwing is Cheap
Throw your Opponent ten times in a single game. 5

Super Finisher
Get one Super Finish in Arcade Mode. 10

Blinding Speed
Defeat an opponent in under 15 seconds in single player arcade mode. 15

Combomaniac
Perform a combo of 7 hits or more. 15

Sagat's Scar
Defeat Sagat with Ryu's fierce shoryuken. 10

Videos!!!
New to Street Fighter? watch these videos made by Sirlin, they explain a lot!

SlayerVin offers some tips on reversals here:
Zero-frame moves (moves with no startup) will beat a meaty on reversal. Throws are considered zero-frame (but I don't think holds are). Blanka's horizontal ball is as well. Ryu's DP will beat a meaty. I believe Sagat's Tiger Uppercut is as well, but I could be wrong. You should be able to find a list of zero-frame moves somewhere online.

A reversal is whenever you go from a non-neutral state directly into a move, be it a normal, special, super, or throw. You'll get a "reversal" message when you do one properly. They're very difficult to time properly, I've found, but any move can be a reversal. Whether it works well to get you out of a meaty or some other jam you're in is dependent on the move you use.

I'm looking through that doc I had (which turned out to be a copy of the Shoryuken Super Turbo wiki) and I've got a list of moves that are good for getting out of tick-throw attempts, which consequently are also good reversals.

* Ryu: Dragon Punch, Hurricane Kick, super
* Ken: Dragon Punch
* Chun: upkicks, Spinning Bird Kick, super
* Guile: Flash Kick, super
* Blanka: Horizontal Ball, Vertical Ball, backwards dash, super
* Zangief: SPD, 360 K, super
* Dhalsim: Yoga Teleport
* Honda: Headbutt, Butt Slam, command throw, super
* Hawk: uppercut, Typhoon, super
* Fei Long: Flame Kick, Chicken Wing (his twist kick move), super
* Cammy: Cannon Spike, Spinning Knuckle, super
* DeeJay: Double Dread Kicks, upkicks, Machine Gun Upper, super
* Boxer: Buffalo Headbutt, super
* Claw: Backflips, Flip Kicks
* Sagat: Tiger Uppercut
* Dictator: Psycho Crusher, super

Still have questions?
Go to the shoryuken.com forums or just check out their wiki here.

Joysticks
Probably the most easily accessable and cheapest stick would be the hori ex2
it comes with a square gate which most people don't like for 2d fighters so if you want to put a octagonal gate in there heres a guide (thanks blueblue)
Its also pretty easily modifiable if you want to change the stick, buttons, or add custom artwork.
horiex2stickwn8.jpg

If you want to wait madcatz is coming out with two sticks for SFIV the regular stick is said to going for 70$ and the Tournament edition stick is going for 140$ they are due to come out February 20th
They are looking nice:winky:
madcatssfivstick2kr9.jpg
madcatssfivstick1gp7.jpg

If you are into custom built sticks and don't want to DIY i have heard good things about arcadeinabox.com but theres a pretty big price tag on custom built sticks

Heres an awesome site with some pics of custom built sticks

For 360 Gamers Add PASFHDR to your friends list to find people to play with. once you are friends with PASFHDR you can check its friends list for penny arcadians who are playing HD remix

One last note: if you're new, don't worry about getting ruined online, or getting ridiculed by us. I haven't seen it happen at all.
gross.jpg

Man up and play with us or just go home and be a family man.

Twitter: Folken_fgc Steam: folken_ XBL: flashg03 PSN: folken_PA SFV: folken_
Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
Characters I hate:

Everybody @Folken Fanel plays as.
Folken Fanel on

• Folken FanelFolken Fanel anime af When's KoFRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    All future tournaments organized here.
    Tournament 3 details found on the old tournament thread here.

List of Previous Tournament Champions
    1. MNC Dover (Dec 08 - 16 players)
    2. Taramoor (Jan 09)
    3. Solsovly (Mar 09)
    4. SlayerVin (June 09)

Tournament 2 Info, Bracket, Videos, etc.
    Rules
    [LIST=10]
    [*]Double elimination tournament.
    [*]Meet your designated challenger/chump in a player match lounge.
    [*]Each match is best 3 out of 5 rounds with a normal 99 second time limit.
    [*]In order to advance, the winner must win 2 out of 3 matches.
    [*]The winning player must keep the same character between matches, but the loser can opt to change.
    [*]New characters can be played at the start of a new round of the tournament.
    [*]Light hearted smack talk is highly encouraged.
    [*]Other non-players can spectate as approved by the two playing characters.
    [*]This is an honor system for reporting who wins and loses.
    [*]Celebrate by going to the bar and telling every hot chick there that you just pwned in street fighter and promptly get laid, aka go home alone and masturbate furiously.
    [/LIST]

Explanation of the rules for the slow
    MNC Dover wrote:
    -PM your opponent to set up a time to play based on their posted times. DO NOT set up match-ups in this thread as it will cause a lot of clutter.

-Play your matches according to the rules. Play a best of 3 games with the winner being the one who get 2 wins first. Each game is played in a 5 round format. After a game is over, the winner MUST keep his same character, but the loser has the option to change characters. For example:

Player 1 chooses Balrog and Player 2 chooses T.Hawk. Player 1 dominates the first match up taking 3 rounds in a row. Game 1 ends with a victory to player 1. Player 1 must choose Balrog again, while Player 2 decides on whether or not to switch characters. Player 2 switches over to Zangief and they play again. This time, player 2 wins a close fight 3-2. Player 2 must now keep Zangief and Player 1 decides to stay switch to Ryu. In the last game Player 1 is victorious and wins that set and moves on in the tournament. Player 2 falls into the loser's bracket and awaits his next opponent. In both of their next set of games, either player can start fresh with all new characters. Wash, rinse, repeat till we have a champion.

-After the games are over, one or both players than posts up the results. You can be as detailed or sparse with the info as long as we know who won. WWE style light hearted trash talk and congratulations are encouraged before and after the matches. This is especially true of players who don't think that their skills are up to snuff. Get in the spirit and have fun!

-Let's try and knock out as many rounds as possible. If it's a weekend and you can play quite a few games, it will help speed things along.

-This is double elimination, so if you lose you are not out for good. Also notice that players that lose in the winners bracket will go to the reverse part of the losers bracket. This helps avoid players fighting the same person again and generally keeps the match ups different. Don't worry, I'll update the bracket as we go so you know where you land in the next round. PM me if you want to know right away and I haven't updated yet.

-Once we are out of the 1st round of the loser's bracket (meaning 16 people have been eliminated), it will be appreciated if the remaining matches are posted in the thread so that people that are out can spectate on the remaining matches. The last set of rounds can be viewed by up to 4 additional players. In order to spectate, you must follow these rules:

The two players will specify a date, time, and host of the round. You must either PM, message on XBL, or beg in the forum to watch their game. When the two players make a room, it will have 6 slots with 5 friend slots. Join the game and watch them play. The two players that make the room will wait in the lobby for about 5 minutes or until all of the spectators are in. Once the game is over, ALL of the spectators must LEAVE THE ROOM. This allows the loser to become the next player. The players will wait in the at THE RUSULTS SCREEN. Pressing "A" will send you into the next match and slow things down. I would HIGHLY recommend everyone join a party chat to ease things up.

-Finally, when we get to the final rounds (starting with letters "M" and "N" on the winner's bracket) I will be recording the matches bootleg style from my camcorder. I'll need to be one of the spectators in each game in order to make this happen so the timing will be a little more difficult to coordinate. Once the footage is taken, I'll make it available on my youtube page and link it here in the forums.

Tournament in Progress!
    The official bracket below (save image and zoom in to read if it's too small):
    PASFTourney2.jpg

Videos of the Later Rounds (Tourney #2)
    Player information below:
    PASFPlayerinfo.jpg

Folken Fanel on
    Characters I hate:

• AumniAumni Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Can my name be beige?

I beat MNC once. Kinda.

Aumni on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
  • SlayerVinSlayerVin Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I desire the blue dot of destiny for this thread. It will now be mine.

Also, SAYEE-KOH CRUSHOOOOOO!

SlayerVin on
    BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS!
    edited January 2009
    Should we offer byes to previous champions/runner ups?

Folken Fanel on
    Characters I hate:

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Aumni wrote: »
    Can my name be beige?

I beat MNC once. Kinda.

I clearly don't remember that happening. Kinda. (Stupid Ryu...)

Looks like we didn't need a new thread after all. Oh well. We can use this one for primary tournament talk and the other one for general questions and gaming requests. Whee! 8-)
    Should we offer byes to previous champions/runner ups?

We could, but I was thinking that we should start this thing on next Monday because of everyone asking for this weekend off. How about if we don't get the last 5 spots filled than we will add "bye's" based on the last tournaments final standings. I know that the final four was me, ruffnite, B:L, and Fig-D so who would be 5th?

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    edited January 2009
    I'm pretty sure the 100 page rule is done.. but threads often get reset for people who don't feel like sifting through 100 pages.

Its also convenient now that we have tournament info on the first page instead of some random one.

Folken Fanel on
    Characters I hate:

• templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I don't know if it has been discussed, but I finally got the cancellation email from Barnes & Noble on the joyfully underpriced tournament stick.

The best part? On the order screen under "This order has been cancelled", they list the items in your order. Under the quantity of joysticks I ordered (now downgraded to 0), it says "This order cannot be cancelled".

I guess cancels only work one way now.

templewulf on
    Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
  • RancedRanced Default Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    wish they would release the sf4 controllers sooner

the 360 controller is fine now that i did the d-pad mod, but i want easy access to all 6 face buttons

Ranced on
    edited January 2009
    I don't know if i'll get the SF4 Controller. The SC4 (SX4! controllers!) controller works perfectly for this game.

Aumni on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
    edited January 2009
    sc4 controllers?

Ranced on
    edited January 2009
    Ranced wrote: »
    sc4 controllers?

Soul Calibur 4 Hori Stick.

Aumni on
    edited January 2009
    oh sticks

i want pads. no practical place to put a stick with my setup

Ranced on
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Yeah I have the VF5 360 arcade stick and it works pretty well for me.

Edit: Ah, bummer.

Inquisitor on
    edited January 2009
    templewulf wrote: »
    I don't know if it has been discussed, but I finally got the cancellation email from Barnes & Noble on the joyfully underpriced tournament stick.

The best part? On the order screen under "This order has been cancelled", they list the items in your order. Under the quantity of joysticks I ordered (now downgraded to 0), it says "This order cannot be cancelled".

I guess cancels only work one way now.

Lo and behold, my order has been canceled as well. They will rue this day...

SlayerVin on
    BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS!
  • JonnyBotJonnyBot Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Can I just say that the scene between Bison and Chun Li was the greatest exchange of dialogue ever. Raul Julia was the so awesome.

JonnyBot on
  • Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Does anyone know a place online where the TE sticks aren't sold out yet? I got a buddy looking for one.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    How I do dragon punch? the movements look like a Z in the moves list but I dunno.

SkutSkut on
    edited January 2009
    SkutSkut wrote: »
    How I do dragon punch? the movements look like a Z in the moves list but I dunno.

Forward, Down, Down+Forward

Look at the numberpad on your computer and think 6 2 3

Aumni on
    edited January 2009

Forward, Down, Down+Forward

Look at the numberpad on your computer and think 6 2 3

I thought so, makes it a lot easier. Still wanting 3rd strike on arcade, getting 4 though.

SkutSkut on
  • B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    JonnyBot wrote: »
    Can I just say that the scene between Bison and Chun Li was the greatest exchange of dialogue ever. Raul Julia was the so awesome.

tuesdayka1.jpg

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • RuffNiteRuffNite Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

Try walking forward and do the fireball motion immediately after. I heard some people learned that way.

RuffNite on
    xbl: RuffNite
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I really need to break myself of some SFIII habits that I have ingrained in me. Trying to parry a fireball as I'm waking up just makes me feel so dumb.

Inquisitor on
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2009
    RuffNite wrote: »

Try walking forward and do the fireball motion immediately after. I heard some people learned that way.

Yes, this is by far the easiest way to learn Dragon Punch. Step forward then Fireball motion and press the Punch button at the Diagonal Down position (don't rotate all the way through the fireball).

JustinSane07 on
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    RuffNite wrote: »

It worked for me! Once I nailed my first dragon punch on purpose, it was like a light of recognition shone down on me. "Just stop at down forward and press punch. Wow, that was easy."

Now 360's on the other hand, I didn't actually get the hang of doing those until Capcom vs SNK 2. I used to just spin the controller like a madman.
    I still do sometimes :lol:

Once I read on SRK that a 360 motion was really a 270, it all became real easy. Start the controller at towards, slowly rotate the controller to up and press punch. Alternatively, start the controller at up and rotate it to forward or back. This method in particular is great when you jump in the air. I literally jump, roll the controller to the down position while in the air, and finish the "fireball" motion when Gief hits the ground. Once you nail it a few times, it becomes second nature.

Now Gief/Hawk/Hugo are some of my favorite characters. Weird, no?

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Does a Octagon Gate cost that much more and why not put it into all fighting sticks? I noticed that I always had a hard time blocking down back with all the other sticks I used to own. Would the square gate have been the problem? I'd like to think that after all this time I'd know how to block low.

Seriously, the last thing I want to do is buy another stick only to not be able to block again. I'm also not keen on the idea of ordering and installing parts. Maybe that's just me though.

the sanwa octogon gate cost me ~ $5.00. I bought one to put on my hori DOA4 stick and installation took like 2 minutes.

I guess tehy're defaulted with square gates because Japanese gamers prefer them? I know they're the standard in arcades over there.

acidlacedpenguin on
    GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
    edited January 2009
    Yea I use to be able to do this on the ps2 with the goodness that is its dpad, weird huh? Thanks for all the helpful replies.

SkutSkut on
  • TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Taramoor wrote: »
    Jonny, you have helped instill a fear of Cammy that will be deeply rooted for time to come.

:cry:

And you, you mother fucker. I was trying to remember your GT. You were the Cammy player that started this whole mess.

(Good games)

LOL! Poor Taramoor.

Oyi Taramoor! You gonna join us for the next tourney? We need like 5 more people. Also, not to sound completely noobish, but what's the difference between a square gate and um, other types of gates. Is a square gate not the best and if so, why include it in the uber tourney addition stick?

Sadly, I'm out of state Friday/Saturday/Sunday/Monday, and would be very poor competition.

However, if there are any arcades in Vegas worth stopping by I'll be doing that.

Taramoor on
  • chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Jonny, you have helped instill a fear of Cammy that will be deeply rooted for time to come.

And you, you mother fucker. I was trying to remember your GT. You were the Cammy player that started this whole mess.

(Good games)

LOL! Poor Taramoor.

Oyi Taramoor! You gonna join us for the next tourney? We need like 5 more people. Also, not to sound completely noobish, but what's the difference between a square gate and um, other types of gates. Is a square gate not the best and if so, why include it in the uber tourney addition stick?

Sadly, I'm out of state Friday/Saturday/Sunday/Monday, and would be very poor competition.

However, if there are any arcades in Vegas worth stopping by I'll be doing that.

With 32 people it is going to take a while. Some the first round games in mine didn't get done until the second week. Sign up and play when you can.

chamberlain on
    edited January 2009
    huzzah I have learned Akuma. Now I have two character I can use. Well I guess 4.:lol:

SkutSkut on
    edited January 2009
    I can't remember if this has been asked before, but does anyone know exactly how the ranking system works? I'm like 53 and 24 or something like that and still have a 0 rating. I have a friend who's 0 and 4 and has a rating of 127. What gives?

SlayerVin on
    BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS!
  • House of PaincakesHouse of Paincakes Spokane, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    huzzah I have learned Akuma. Now I have two character I can use. Well I guess 4.:lol:

I think that a great Akuma player is what I do worst against. Most people are just okay with him and so I don't have any more trouble against him than I would with Ryu or Ken...but when someone who REALLY knows what they're doing comes along, that's when the cursing starts.

I still wouldn't call him "cheap" but he is really, really good in the hands of the right player. In his blog, Sirlin himself even said that they may not have done enough to bring him down to the other characters' level.

EDIT: Regarding the rankings, there's a bug going around that gives a lot of people a 0 ranking no matter what. No word (that I know of) on whether this will be fixed soon (if at all).

House of Paincakes on
  • FireflashFireflash Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Someone linked a little guide on how to change the square gate on the Hori EX2 a few days ago in one of the SF threads. I can't find it anymore. Can somebody help? I want to try an octagonal gate.

Fireflash on
    PSN: PatParadize
    Battle.net: Fireflash#1425
    Steam Friend code: 45386507
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    This is a good game.

Oh shit. I remember being afrid I'd get "Flash Game" syndrome.

But I just realized I've been playing for months and obviously, nope, in the end i didn't get that feeling. Yay.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
    edited January 2009
    Fireflash wrote: »
    Someone linked a little guide on how to change the square gate on the Hori EX2 a few days ago in one of the SF threads. I can't find it anymore. Can somebody help? I want to try an octagonal gate.

It's so easy.

You open the bottom of the stick up, and locate the gate on what would be the right side with the stick upside down. Unscrew the 4 screws and unclip the 4 clips holding in the white square gate. Now, on the Sanwa, there will be 4 holes partially drilled. You need to use a dremel and finish drilling those holes. The predetermined holes don't match up on the Hori. After that, just swap the two pieces.

I can take some pictures of mine when I get home.

JustinSane07 on
    edited January 2009
    Fireflash wrote: »

It's so easy.

You open the bottom of the stick up, and locate the gate on what would be the right side with the stick upside down. Unscrew the 4 screws and unclip the 4 clips holding in the white square gate. Now, on the Sanwa, there will be 4 holes partially drilled. You need to use a dremel and finish drilling those holes. The predetermined holes don't match up on the Hori. After that, just swap the two pieces.

I can take some pictures of mine when I get home.

I don't have a drill, and I think the guide mentionned that only certain brand/types of gates would fit.

Fireflash on
    edited January 2009
    Yeah, the Sanwa Octagon that Lizard Lick sells will fit it.

And a small drill bit the size of the half-drilled hole is all you need, and of course the dremel to put it on.

You don't know anyone with a dremel?

JustinSane07 on
    edited January 2009
    Yeah, I can probably find a nearby friend with a small drill now that I think of it. I'll take a look at this Lizard Lick site, thanks!

Fireflash on
  • pogo1250pogo1250 Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    look a new thread!

pogo1250 on
    310457-1.png
  • TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

(Good games)

LOL! Poor Taramoor.

With 32 people it is going to take a while. Some the first round games in mine didn't get done until the second week. Sign up and play when you can.

Alright, sign me up.

If I can't make it to my match then I'll just forfeit, no biggie.

Taramoor on
  • TheSuperWootTheSuperWoot Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Woo, now that I have finally gotten my controller back I can commence with the tigering. Sign me up for the tournament bitte!

TheSuperWoot on