Vanilla Forums has been nominated for a second time in the CMS Critic "Critic's Choice" awards, and we need your vote! Read more here, and then do the thing (please).
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

I love my job (jk work is balls)

11920212224

Posts

  • JordynJordyn Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    sarukun wrote: »
    I finally got paid


    turns out the turdfaces put the check in my desk


    and never told me about it


    and put it in the drawer that I never open ever.



    Awesome, retards.

    We have cubbies at work and sometimes my boss will put things in there for me. But I've moved to the basement of the building next door where I manage the fulfillment department now and almost never go next door and never really used my cubby when my desk was over in the first place. So it seems every couple weeks I'll walk by it and see something sitting there and be like "oh, hey..."

    My checks are all direct deposited at this point though, which is awesome because I suck at going to the bank. For example, my christmas bonus is still hanging on the fridge.

    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • HoukHouk Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    oh man direct deposit has made me so lazy, as has online bill paying

    if i get a normal check, it is at least two weeks before it gets to the bank, and i am constantly forgetting to pay bills if they don't have online/auto-pay

    nipplessig.jpg
  • JordynJordyn Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I would have fucking perfect credit now if I could pay everything online. But the student loan people like to make payments remarkably difficult for me.

    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • DefenderDefender Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Jordyn wrote: »
    I would have fucking perfect credit now if I could pay everything online. But the student loan people like to make payments remarkably difficult for me.

    Some of my creditors are the same way, like my auto finance people. Some of their shit is so fucking stupid. One month they didn't send me my bill, presumably because someone copied down a wrong digit in my address or something, so they called me up (because if they don't send it, I really do not remember when to pay it or what the exact amount is or where to mail it) and said that I could pay them right now over the phone and avoid the late fee. Payment over the phone has a $20 fee. The late fee was $12. Come on, assholes. You're gonna charge me an extra $8 so I can hurry up and get your money to you? No, fuck you, I'll take the late fee and you can lose the extra $8 plus the interest. I mean, come on, twenty fucking dollars to take payment over the phone? That's bullshit.

    hello massa, I jar jar binks
    I've overheard someone say "Don't say something is retarded, its not cool to make fun of retards. Just say its gay."
  • BrogeyBrogey High Maintenance Santa Monica, CASuper Moderator, Moderator mod
    edited January 2009
    Bogey wrote: »
    I'm hoping to go to the liquidation sales this weekend.
    You should probably do it soon. We had people parked on the grass today, it was worse than Black Friday.

    And despite what the banners say, only cords and shit are 30% off. The minimum is 10%, and most everything important will be that low. I'd recommend making friends with the person at the register though. We had several employees today making price adjustments for like 50% and 70% when they were supposed to be 10%. Management hates the liquidator, who wasn't even in the store, so nothing happened to them.
    Thanks for all of the info and advice.

    Fitocracy: bogey1 Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom
    PSN: Bogestrom

    Wampa Milk lives!!!
  • DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Things I need from Circuit City during their sale:

    External hard drive to back up all of my stuff and Quickbooks.

    That last one would be awesome to get for cheap because fuck paying 150 bucks for it if I don't have to.

    snap02869.jpg "zip, i dunno what it is about you, but there's something very cat-like about your face. i can't really place it. like, a puma or something. you'd make a good mountain lion."
  • FerrusFerrus Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    During the last two years or so I discovered that my school is pretty much a fascist regime. :|

    But then again, which school isn't.

    I would like to pause for a moment, to talk about my penis.
    Spoiler:
  • CoreoCoreo Sydney AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    My work is being a constant ass to me, I'm pretty sure the boss has no concept of managing money because he's always late paying us, he owes one worker two weeks pay from a month ago, not only this but he acts like a huge jerk towards us.

    I just can't imagine how someone who owes us money still manages to yell at us, abuse us and always tries to force us to stay back late. It boggles my mind and the only reason that i'm putting up with it all is because I want to go back to uni and save up for the fees.

    One time, after finally paying me from a drought of like 3 weeks, he called me up after work and went "I can't believe I just paid you after that complete shit job you did, you HAVE to come in early and do a rework, I seriously can't believe I paid you after that."

    FFFFFFFFFFF-

  • McClyMcCly Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I got laid off yesterday.

    :(

    kbellchewiesig.jpg
  • ascotascot Registered User
    edited January 2009
    McCly wrote: »
    I got laid off yesterday.

    :(

    ECONOMIC DOWNTURN CREDIT CRUNCH CRISIS CLIMATE

    ps: that sucks

  • Auntie ShibbyAuntie Shibby Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2009
    I like going to the bank when I get my paycheck. Because the bank is like Hot girl zoo to me.

    clowninthewoods.png
  • skinny87skinny87 Registered User
    edited January 2009
    I like going to the bank when I get my paycheck. Because the bank is like Hot girl zoo to me.

    Yes, I hear all the over-60s depositing their pensions are just gagging for it

  • Auntie ShibbyAuntie Shibby Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2009
    Also, I like going in there every week to show off my awesome paycheck. Hoping one of them with go 'damn, this guys loaded'

    When in reality I waste my money on booze and cigarettes every week. How I manage to spend $550 a week is kind of mind blowing.

    clowninthewoods.png
  • JedocJedoc Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Also, I like going in there every week to show off my awesome paycheck. Hoping one of them with go 'damn, this guys loaded'

    When in reality I waste my money on booze and cigarettes every week. How I manage to spend $550 a week is kind of mind blowing.

    Don't you live about a drunken stagger from the Stone Brewery? I think that might be an important clue in the mystery.

    cannon.jpg
  • Auntie ShibbyAuntie Shibby Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2009
    Jedoc wrote: »
    Also, I like going in there every week to show off my awesome paycheck. Hoping one of them with go 'damn, this guys loaded'

    When in reality I waste my money on booze and cigarettes every week. How I manage to spend $550 a week is kind of mind blowing.

    Don't you live about a drunken stagger from the Stone Brewery? I think that might be an important clue in the mystery.
    A about a month ago I bought a kickass three liter bottle of Double Bastard Ale. I just finished it last week.

    clowninthewoods.png
  • MorgensternMorgenstern Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Argus wrote: »
    L|ama wrote: »
    I need to get into a job where I'm paid to hike, go camping, smoke weed and then run some statistical analysis.

    fuckin' technohippies

    How about Conservation Scientist? Although, I assume the smoking weed thing is not going to be included in the listed duties.

    Yes, that does indeed sound appealing. Too bad I need to go to school for about 7 years before I'm even qualified.

    But, I'd do that in a heartbeat.

    Also, I think the weed smoking is an implied responsbility anyways.

    420 everday for the good of the nation.

    “Every time we walk along a beach some ancient urge disturbs us so that we find ourselves shedding shoes and garments or scavenging among seaweed and whitened timbers like the homesick refugees of a long war.” - Loren Eiseley
  • nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    sarukun wrote: »
    sarukun wrote: »
    Bitch, proper pico de gallo lives at my God damn house.

    Is this a PAX challenge? 'Cause I will throw down a motherfuckin' gauntlet.

    Oh, but if you are talking about a PAX PAX challenge, hell yes, we can kick Neville out of his own damn kitchen, it will be rad as hell.

    Surely you jest.

    nevillexmassig1.png
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    next time there is an iron chef PAX I will be there

    there should also be a secret ingredient

    bar-cc-1.jpg
  • DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Javen wrote: »
    next time there is an iron chef PAX I will be there

    there should also be a secret ingredient

    I suggested that last time but Dru shook his cane at me and some others voiced opposition as well.

    snap02869.jpg "zip, i dunno what it is about you, but there's something very cat-like about your face. i can't really place it. like, a puma or something. you'd make a good mountain lion."
  • UsagiUsagi Feminazgul ~*special snowflake*~Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    DrZiplock wrote: »
    Javen wrote: »
    next time there is an iron chef PAX I will be there

    there should also be a secret ingredient

    I suggested that last time but Dru shook his cane at me and some others voiced opposition as well.

    only if we can get the young chairman to judge for us

    Jormungandr? Damn near killed 'er!
  • Cold Salmon and HatredCold Salmon and Hatred __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2009
    so anyways this guy peeked on me while I was taking a dump at work today

    stood up to pull my pants up and noticed a face looking over the stall door

    yup

  • JansonJanson Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    McCly wrote: »
    I got laid off yesterday.

    :(
    That sucks! Sorry to hear that, dude. :(
    DrZiplock wrote: »
    Things I need from Circuit City during their sale:

    External hard drive to back up all of my stuff and Quickbooks.

    That last one would be awesome to get for cheap because fuck paying 150 bucks for it if I don't have to.
    I am learning to use Quickbooks for the work I am currently doing!

    sharasugar_80.png sharanomsugar_80.png
  • Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    so anyways this guy peeked on me while I was taking a dump at work today

    stood up to pull my pants up and noticed a face looking over the stall door

    yup

    this story still terrifies me to my core

  • IvarIvar Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    So you guys still use checks, huh. That sounds a bit strange to me, over here pretty much everyone gets their pay directly deposited to their bank account.

    What's the reason for using checks instead of sending your pay to your bank account?

  • DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Janson wrote: »
    DrZiplock wrote: »
    Things I need from Circuit City during their sale:

    External hard drive to back up all of my stuff and Quickbooks.

    That last one would be awesome to get for cheap because fuck paying 150 bucks for it if I don't have to.
    I am learning to use Quickbooks for the work I am currently doing!

    Oh sweet! I know zero of the program but my shiny new accountant tells me that I should be using it so that when it comes time for taxes I don't end up handing her a box full of receipts that'll cost me a small fortune to figure out.

    I guess it makes sense.

    snap02869.jpg "zip, i dunno what it is about you, but there's something very cat-like about your face. i can't really place it. like, a puma or something. you'd make a good mountain lion."
  • FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    so anyways this guy peeked on me while I was taking a dump at work today

    stood up to pull my pants up and noticed a face looking over the stall door

    yup

    Man, why the shit would anyone do that

    reposig.jpg
  • ZoelZoel Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Fandyien wrote: »
    so anyways this guy peeked on me while I was taking a dump at work today

    stood up to pull my pants up and noticed a face looking over the stall door

    yup

    Man, why the shit would anyone do that

    If you have to ask, you'll never impeach a senator.

  • MorivethMoriveth Nobody suspects a thing... Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Zoel wrote: »
    Fandyien wrote: »
    so anyways this guy peeked on me while I was taking a dump at work today

    stood up to pull my pants up and noticed a face looking over the stall door

    yup

    Man, why the shit would anyone do that

    If you have to ask, you'll never impeach a senator.

    One time I was taking a piss in one of the stalls at Target and some little kid slid his head under the stall and said "Hello!"

    It was... disconcerting.

  • JordynJordyn Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    yessssssss my employee who was a constant thorn in my side and who I thought I was going to have to fire in the next month or so just sent me her two week notice.

    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • RuckusRuckus Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Ha ha ha they put you in charge of people?

    Raneados wrote: »
    so what SPECIFICALLY is the problem with my hole?
  • DynagripDynagrip destroy everything you touch Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2009
    Ivar wrote: »
    So you guys still use checks, huh. That sounds a bit strange to me, over here pretty much everyone gets their pay directly deposited to their bank account.

    What's the reason for using checks instead of sending your pay to your bank account?

    company is too cheap or small to use a payroll company like ADP.

    gusinrepose.png
  • AretèAretè infiltrating neo zeed compoundRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Zoel wrote: »
    Fandyien wrote: »
    so anyways this guy peeked on me while I was taking a dump at work today

    stood up to pull my pants up and noticed a face looking over the stall door

    yup

    Man, why the shit would anyone do that

    If you have to ask, you'll never impeach a senator.

    One time I was taking a piss in one of the stalls at Target and some little kid slid his head under the stall and said "Hello!"

    It was... disconcerting.

    so Mori, being a huge fan of the first saints row i finally picked up the new one on saturday.

    i was pretty much sold when i was able to put my low rider on cruise control and do drive bys as my guy sang alonged to Take On Me.

    and the voice acting is great once again.

    pasig.jpg
    Steam | Fitocracy | XBL|PSN|WiiU|ninjafrizz| 3DS FC - 5472-7018-3542|BNET NinjaFrizz#1825
  • UsagiUsagi Feminazgul ~*special snowflake*~Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    well we just lost our best intern/student co-op, she's back to school and I miss her already

    I really hope she decides to come back here after graduation, another girl in this office would balance things out a bit more

    Jormungandr? Damn near killed 'er!
  • MorivethMoriveth Nobody suspects a thing... Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Areté wrote: »
    so Mori, being a huge fan of the first saints row i finally picked up the new one on saturday.

    i was pretty much sold when i was able to put my low rider on cruise control and do drive bys as my guy sang alonged to Take On Me.

    and the voice acting is great once again.

    Awesome. Let me know if you ever wanna play some co-op (I think I have you on XBL, at least).

    I never got very far in SR1, actually, but SR2 is super fun.

  • MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Zoel wrote: »
    Fandyien wrote: »
    so anyways this guy peeked on me while I was taking a dump at work today

    stood up to pull my pants up and noticed a face looking over the stall door

    yup

    Man, why the shit would anyone do that

    If you have to ask, you'll never impeach a senator.

    One time I was taking a piss in one of the stalls at Target and some little kid slid his head under the stall and said "Hello!"

    It was... disconcerting.
    shoulda peed on his face

  • MorivethMoriveth Nobody suspects a thing... Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I was finished peeing and had just tucked myself away.

    Also in job-related news, I called one of the jobs I applied for, and should be getting a call back any minute. Whee!

  • ascotascot Registered User
    edited January 2009
    I got an email from a job to say that they're sorry but they don't have any current vacancies for this role in my location, so they cannot take my application any further at the moment. I applied specifically for a job that specifically named my location in the job spec :x

  • DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Moriveth wrote: »
    I was finished peeing and had just tucked myself away.

    Also in job-related news, I called one of the jobs I applied for, and should be getting a call back any minute. Whee!

    Outstanding!

    snap02869.jpg "zip, i dunno what it is about you, but there's something very cat-like about your face. i can't really place it. like, a puma or something. you'd make a good mountain lion."
  • NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Usagi wrote: »
    well we just lost our best intern/student co-op, she's back to school and I miss her already

    I really hope she decides to come back here after graduation, another girl in this office would balance things out a bit more

    Now you have to service all the guys yourself.

    That's just a lot of work for one mouth to handle.

  • MorivethMoriveth Nobody suspects a thing... Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    DrZiplock wrote: »
    Moriveth wrote: »
    I was finished peeing and had just tucked myself away.

    Also in job-related news, I called one of the jobs I applied for, and should be getting a call back any minute. Whee!

    Outstanding!

    Yeah, hopefully something good will come of this.

    Now I just need to wait for my mom to come home with the car so I can go back home.

Sign In or Register to comment.