Vanilla Forums has been nominated for a second time in the CMS Critic "Critic's Choice" awards, and we need your vote! Read more here, and then do the thing (please).
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

The Forumer Portrait Thread (Back from the Dead!)

crawdaddiocrawdaddio Tacoma, WARegistered User, ClubPA
edited April 2009 in Artist's Corner
There's a lot more where this came from if you go to the dance with me...

beavotron.jpg

Seriously, though; long story short, I figured I'd see if it'd be a viable idea to try and resurrect the old 'Draw a Forumer' thread, if only because I could use things to draw. We'll see if it works. Anyway, the rules as I remember them:
  • Try to draw a forumer before posting a picture to be drawn; the drawing's what the thread's about.
  • When possible, consider the ramifications of the quality of pictures you submit to be drawn--flash that flattens out the face, or really bad cellphone pictures aren't often easy or particularly interesting to render on paper.
  • On the flip side, if you've got pictures with interesting angles, or with a lot of personality, those are fun to try to capture (especially for those who opt for caricatures).
  • Don't worry about drawing masterpieces; aside from the fun aspect, this thread is about practicing, be it practicing facial proportions, rendering techniques, stylization, or whatever else you feel like experimenting with.
  • Any medium is welcome; if you're a clay kind of person, that'd be a pretty awesome portrait to see; likewise with CG, oil paint, construction paper, legos, or whatever you want to try.
Anyway, in the spirit of the thread, I've started off with a picture of beavotron from her website (and my sincerest apologies for that, beav; you really didn't deserve that), and, despite my better judgement, I submit my ugly mug:

uglymug.jpg

Here's hoping this works!
Spoiler:

crawdaddio on
Try putting your donger in a dishwasher and see how that comes out.