As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Being sick & taste buds...

KrikeeKrikee Registered User regular
edited February 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
I've been pretty sick this week, had to go to the doctor, etc. Today is the first day I've been able to eat so I decided to eat some comfort food except... it tastes like ass! What kind of nutrients do I need to be taking in to restore my taste buds to their former glory?

Krikee on

• Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2007
    Did you happen to brush your teeth right before eating?

Also, have you been on any particular medications?

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    No and I've been on antibiotics and some prescription grade cough/congestion pills. Toothpaste "ass" taste pales in comparison to this. I'm pretty sure it's some kind of nutrient deficiency.

Krikee on
  • Options
    IloroKamouIloroKamou Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    is your tongue black? penicillin will do that to ya.

IloroKamou on
    "There are some that only employ words for the purpose of disguising their thoughts."
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Just read the info. sheet that came with my pills and none of the possible side effects include this. It's not penicillin though, it's amoxicillin.

Krikee on
  • Options
    CimmeriiCimmerii SpaceOperaGhost Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Antibiotics can fuck up your taste buds.

Call a pharmacist and tell them what you are on, they can tell you whats happening with what usually.

Cimmerii on
    *Internally Screaming*
  • Options
    naporeonnaporeon Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Antibiotics can indeed play havoc with your mouth.

In fact, you can even get a good ol' candida infections in there if the "good" bacteria are beaten down too badly.

Regardless of whether or not you are experiencing that, it probably has something to do with the antibiotics, and will go away on its own.

naporeon on
  • Options
    Wrench N RocketsWrench N Rockets Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Um, is your nose congested? Much of what you know as taste comes from the smell of the food, so if you can't smell, you can't taste.

Wrench N Rockets on
    sig_lambo.jpg
  • Options
    tony_importanttony_important Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Um, is your nose congested? Much of what you know as taste comes from the smell of the food, so if you can't smell, you can't taste.

I was going to say this exact thing. This is why I hate allergies, or being sick, for that matter.

tony_important on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    You guys are my saviors. I don't know if it has anything to do with the antibiotics but I'll call the pharmacy today. The weird thing is I have eaten some fruit and it tastes fine and I didn't have any trouble eating it - where I got the idea to get some real food! - but when I was eating my pizza I could just barely taste it; It was so hard to taste I didn't even realize I could taste it until I ate a slice or 2 and it had an overwhelming nasty taste.

Krikee on