As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

First 100 Days: Day 9 - Of Cocktails and Cocksuckers

1626364656668»

• Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Obama is actively keeping Palin in the spotlight? In circumstances that will get her painted a "crusader" by her base and make her look crazy to everyone else?

It's like he's got Machievelli on his relection staff.

OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    The worst is clearly the circle interchange in Chicago.
    290px-Circle_Interchange_Chicago.jpg

I don't know how they can fix it, but something needs to be done because that makes bottlenecks feel spacious.

moniker on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Quid wrote: »
    What's wrong with that Dallas overpass?
    Which one? The high 5 they were talking about earlier? I'm curious myself.
    Yeah, where 75 and 635 meet. It's efficient and has plenty of signs to tell you where to go; granted there's a ton of traffic slowdown but that's due to 635 in general - they already have four lanes in each direction and not much room to expand in certain areas, so I don't see how that could be fixed.

It looks pretty normal to me. There's only so many way you can have two major highways intersect and let everybody go any way they need to. Now, the turnpike and 78 in NJ is fun. Going to 78, you can only go east. If you want to go west, get your butt off the highway and turn around on the local roads.

Let us not speak of the horror of Jersey driving, Yami, lest we tempt all bounds of sanity.

Hell is the an endless Jersey Turnpike

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    DarkCrawlerDarkCrawler Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

She is the governor of a state. I'm pretty sure she's capable of getting an audience with the President if neccessary. :|

Well, at least now she needs to stand up when Obama comes into the room. You know, the same guy she hurled insults at during the entire election season.

Also...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfalfa_Club

How come the President of the United States attends a dinner where they celebrate an Confederate General? I mean, isn't that kind of like celebrating your enemy? I've never understood the whole Southern Pride stuff regarding the Civil War. I'm certainly not proud of my country's history of allying with Nazi Germany (didn't really have options if we wanted to stay independent...but still) so I don't understand why someone is proud of their states having fighted for the right to own slaves.

DarkCrawler on
  • Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Quid wrote: »
    What's wrong with that Dallas overpass?
    Which one? The high 5 they were talking about earlier? I'm curious myself.
    Yeah, where 75 and 635 meet. It's efficient and has plenty of signs to tell you where to go; granted there's a ton of traffic slowdown but that's due to 635 in general - they already have four lanes in each direction and not much room to expand in certain areas, so I don't see how that could be fixed.

It looks pretty normal to me. There's only so many way you can have two major highways intersect and let everybody go any way they need to. Now, the turnpike and 78 in NJ is fun. Going to 78, you can only go east. If you want to go west, get your butt off the highway and turn around on the local roads.

Let us not speak of the horror of Jersey driving, Yami, lest we tempt all bounds of sanity.

Jersey Turnpike is an endless Hell

Fixed.

YamiNoSenshi on
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Also, new thread.

moniker on
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2009

She is the governor of a state. I'm pretty sure she's capable of getting an audience with the President if neccessary. :|

Well, at least now she needs to stand up when Obama comes into the room. You know, the same guy she hurled insults at during the entire election season.

Also...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfalfa_Club

How come the President of the United States attends a dinner where they celebrate an Confederate General? I mean, isn't that kind of like celebrating your enemy? I've never understood the whole Southern Pride stuff regarding the Civil War. I'm certainly not proud of my country's history of allying with Nazi Germany (didn't really have options if we wanted to stay independent...but still) so I don't understand why someone is proud of their states having fighted for the right to own slaves.

Dont want to CivilWar this thread, but it was much more than slavery.

edit: whoops, new thread time

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    Dont want to CivilWar this thread, but it was much more than slavery.
    That doesn't really matter, does it? It's the leader of a soveriegn nation attending a celebration for a violent secessionist.

OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
This discussion has been closed.