Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Reading is fun!

• Dublo7Dublo7 Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    YaYa is all about sucking the forumer cock.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DubhDubh REBEL REBEL Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Quoth wrote: »
    YaYa wrote: »
    Quoth I totally defended you in the ASOIAF thread

thanks? defended me from what

Not from fanaticism, let me tell ya.

Thing_zps6acf1883.png <---DE?AD makes games
  • YaYaYaYa Rick and Morty forever and ever 100 years! a100timesRickandMorty.comRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Dubh was all "heh Quoth is dumb because she doesn't read these" and I was all "fuck you Dubh Quoth ain't dumb I'll break your legs"

edited January 2009
    Yaya, why aren't you hugging my big man titties?

• YaYaYaYa Rick and Morty forever and ever 100 years! a100timesRickandMorty.comRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I would but this Marla chick is freaking me out

edited January 2009
    I would but this Marla chick is freaking me out

You should do her.

edited January 2009
    eh maybe

Tyler what do you think

edited January 2009
    yeah man go for it wooo mayhem anarchy

edited January 2009
    You gotta remember the first two rules, though.

• QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    that was great

also Dubh can eat a poop

“Hic non defectus est, sed cattus minxit desuper nocte quadam. Confundatur pessimus cattus qui minxit super librum istum in nocte Daventrie, et consimiliter omnes alii propter illum. Et cavendum valde ne permittantur libri aperti per noctem ubi cattie venire possunt.”
    Site | The Miami Grindstone | Twitter | Dropbox | Picture by Galen Dara
    edited January 2009
    Only if its yours.

edited January 2009
    Dubh wrote: »
    Only if its yours.

that can be arranged

:winky:

“Hic non defectus est, sed cattus minxit desuper nocte quadam. Confundatur pessimus cattus qui minxit super librum istum in nocte Daventrie, et consimiliter omnes alii propter illum. Et cavendum valde ne permittantur libri aperti per noctem ubi cattie venire possunt.”
    edited January 2009
    edited January 2009
    ewwwww

You're just jealous that I get to eat her poop. Why are you always so jealous of me?

edited January 2009
    because of your giant tits

duh

edited January 2009
    Man, my massive man titties are pushing the rest of the world away.

• Cilla BlackCilla Black Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    changing the subject from asoiaf to poop eating seems hardly an improvement

edited January 2009
    Cilla whenever I see you post I picture you trailing off and then screaming when people ignore you

• Cilla BlackCilla Black Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    nah dude, that'd be pretty dumb.

edited January 2009
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus I didn't want to wake you up but I really want to show you somethingRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    this is the dumbest page I've seen since those threads where people make up stupid movie casting choices

edited January 2009
    this is the dumbest page I've seen since those threads where people make up stupid movie casting choices

Brandon Routh for Todd Ingram

oh wait
    Spoiler:

edited January 2009
    I want Hannah Montana as Princess Leia in the Star Wars musical being written by George Lucas.

edited January 2009
    we can talk about Antigone some more

i have already written two blog posts about it because it is making me think so much

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus I didn't want to wake you up but I really want to show you somethingRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    what does Antigone make you think about Quoth

edited January 2009
    Because Quoth is superfluous.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2009
    Dublo7 wrote: »

what is the antecedent for this

Antigone makes me think about things like why is Ismene such a whiny baby at first and then she tries to take credit and get punished later for something she didn't do

• FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    okay guys if hp lovecraft and robert e howard got in a fight who would win

reposig.jpg
    edited January 2009
    Dublo7 wrote: »

what is the antecedent for this

Antigone makes me think about things like why is Ismene such a whiny baby at first and then she tries to take credit and get punished later for something she didn't do

I'm joking by the way. I think you're swell enough.

Somebody said earlier that Antigone could continue without Antigone.

wait a minute...

that makes no sense. I think I'm just really tired.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Cowboy Fwankenstein Livin' That DreamRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Fandyien wrote: »
    okay guys if hp lovecraft and robert e howard got in a fight who would win

Howard was a beefy motherfucker, but HP was one of those tall, lanky dudes. You know the kind: quick, springy, killer left jab.

That's a tough call, but I'd have to side with HP.

darthsig.jpg
  • Bloods EndBloods End Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Howard. Because Lovecraft was a england worshiping nancy boy.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2009
    Antigone is arguably not the main character of the play, kind of like how Antonio is not the main character of The Merchant of Venice despite being the, you know, title character. I think my professor even said that Antigone is not necessarily the title that Sophocles gave it, though he didn't go into more detail unfortunately. But even beyond other things, at the end the chorus doesn't say "gosh darn that poor Antigone what a mess" they say "that's what a man gets for being a dick" which indicates that the moral of the story involves Kreon more than it does Antigone. After all, he's the one who loses it all and has to live with the consequences.

The play actually did continue without her, although not for long because her death is like the first domino that knocks the rest down, but it couldn't have gone without her from the beginning. I mean, it could, and that would be an interesting take, but it would deprive the audience of her unique perspective. You could argue that Kreon and the chorus were really the only necessary characters but the others give it depth that it would lack without them.

SEE LOOK AT ALL THE THINGS I HAVE TO SAY

edited January 2009
    Lovecraft. He'd destroy Howard in a way so dreadful that we can speak no more of it lest we go mad.

• LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Fandyien wrote: »
    So I started The Name of the Rose

it's slow going. i might just read dark tower or something trashy i've never read before.

this one is from waaaaay back.

But anyway, I love this book, and it's a lot easier to read if you imagine Sean Connery as the main character (he played him in a bad movie adaptation). We studied this book last in a class on Gothic stories.

edited January 2009
    Quoooottttthhhh

Antigone the character is just a caaaattaalllyyysssttt

the story's about Kreon and Kreon aaalllloooonnneee

edited January 2009
    Quoooottttthhhh

if that were true then as previously stated, her presence would not be necessary, only a description of her actions

she also would not get to make a bunch of long speeches and go head-to-head with kreon over who is right

it's an unstoppable force meeting an immovable object

and kreon is the one who chickens out, but it's too late

edited January 2009
    well to be fair I've argued that all there should be is a description of her actions

and isn't she only in one scene with Kreon?

• Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Quoooottttthhhh

if that were true then as previously stated, her presence would not be necessary, only a description of her actions

she also would not get to make a bunch of long speeches and go head-to-head with kreon over who is right

it's an unstoppable force meeting an immovable object

and kreon is the one who chickens out, but it's too late

if someone chickens out then it isn't really "an unstoppable force meeting an immovable object"

because, you know

one either stopped or the other moved

edited January 2009
    well to be fair I've argued that all there should be is a description of her actions

she is in at least three scenes that i can think of without referring to the text

one with ismene, one with kreon, one with the chorus

and vann you are correct, so the interesting thing is that while antigone was convinced of her rightness and willing to die for it, kreon was not

making antigone the victor

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

she is in at least three scenes that i can think of without referring to the text

one with ismene, one with kreon, one with the chorus

and vann you are correct, so the interesting thing is that while antigone was convinced of her rightness and willing to die for it, kreon was not

making antigone the victor

but she dies

STEAM
    Spoiler:
This discussion has been closed.