As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hannah Montana on the DS! (Use the other Rock Band thread)

• Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2009
    I just played the same guy six times in a row in Expert Bass score duel. And lost all 6.

We were the only people playing Expert Bass score duel. Because once he stopped searching, I couldn't get a game anymore D:

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    JC of DIJC of DI I think we're fucked up. I know I am.Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    4-String Bass more like Bass 4-Losers

Seriously though, I've been playing bass all the time recently, since my down strum is pretty much destroyed on my Rock Band 2 strat. It just rests right on the border of where it registers, so there's very little movement downward, and sometimes it double hits as the initial spring-back puts it past the point, and gravity carries it back down - OR sometimes it's past that point so my strum doesn't count!

I could probably rig it up easily enough to be back into working condition - but I had been looking for an excuse to play more bass anyway. I just wish N.I.B. had the original bass intro so much more now.

JC of DI on
    PJWczLu.png
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    0ICLiGJhbC9GCRsFG1lTWTY5L2FjaC8wLzMyAAAAAOfn5-+QB90=.jpg0YCLiGJhbC81CBsFG1lTWTY5L2FjaC8wLzJBAAAAAOfn5-4F5Rw=.jpg04CLiGJhbC82CBsFG1lTWTY5L2FjaC8wLzJCAAAAAOfn5-wk7Kk=.jpg0ICLiGJhbC9ACxsFG1lTWTY5L2FjaC8wLzE0AAAAAOfn5-9P3Vw=.jpg

:D

I'm really pleased with myself on this. Especially since I'd never played Visions before.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Good Job Willeth! What instrument?

I have come to grips with the fact that I will more than likely never complete the endless setlist, let alone get bladder of steel. Dont think I can devote 6 hours at once to a game.

quovadis13 on
  • Options
    KorKor Known to detonate from time to time Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    so wait, which dead song is the one people love for drums so much?

I don't actually have any, and am going to fix that tomorrow.

Kor on
    DS Code: 3050-7671-2707
    Pokemon Safari - Sneasel, Pawniard, ????
  • Options
    BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    None of the dead songs are really special, they're mostly really really annoying without being hard. I just liked Uncle John's band cause it has that wacky bongo solo.

BlindPsychic on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Not Truckin'.

If I'm on drums and that comes up on a random setlist, I usually end up deleting the whole Grateful Dead pack 01 for like a week at the sheer amount of animosity I have towards that song.

JC of DI on
    PJWczLu.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I could've sworn people kept talking about how awesome/fun/unique one of the dead songs is to play on drums. One of the original ones.

Kor on
  • Options
    MithrusMithrus Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I feel like a fucking cave man with RB2 on PS2. I just want them to come out with a track pack 3 already.

Mithrus on
    getwriters.jpg
    Send a pm my way if you're interested.
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Kor wrote: »
    I could've sworn people kept talking about how awesome/fun/unique one of the dead songs is to play on drums. One of the original ones.

Well if you're not in a hurry you could always go to youtube and type in "rock band grateful dead drums".

I seem to recall I Need A Miracle being fun to play, but I'm a deadhead and love literally every song. Plus I don't play on expert.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I'm not going to buy a single Grateful Dead song ever.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    All I really remember from GD 01 is that Casey Jones is interesting and tricky (maybe that's the one?) and that Truckin' will send me into a blind rage.

Really though my drums have been in RMA limbo for almost 2 months now, so that doesn't help my memory of the tracks.

JC of DI on
    PJWczLu.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I Need A Miracle is the only song of theirs that I would listen to out of the game, if only because of the cool southern rock vibe it has.

JC of DI on
    PJWczLu.png
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    All of the songs in the Dead 01 pack are awesome on drums except for Truckin and maybe Sugar Magnolia. Truckin is just red-blue + bass (or sometimes not) madness and Sugar Magnolia isn't that interesting.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    JC of DI wrote: »
    I Need A Miracle is the only song of theirs that I would listen to out of the game, if only because of the cool southern rock vibe it has.

Because of the first Grateful Dead pack, I went out and bought Workingman's Dead and American Beauty. I enjoy both greatly.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I play "I Need A Miracle" pretty often because I like the song a lot. Of the rest of the first pack, "China Cat Sunflower" and "Franklin's Tower" both have pretty great guitar parts. Sunflower has a pretty interesting drum chart too, but it's extremely challenging. The outro, in particular.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tn8TAfSIJuU

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    Smug DucklingSmug Duckling Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Holy shit, what's up with All American Rejects.

They have seriously the funnest drum parts ever.

I have played Dirty Little Secret and Move Along probably over 20 times total in the last few days.

Smug Duckling on
    smugduckling,pc,days.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I enjoy Move Along on drums simply because of the intro. It isn't difficult, I just love how they sound.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Yeah, that's pretty cool. A 4 on 3 beat.

I like songs with long slow drum rolls (like Move Along).

Smug Duckling on
    smugduckling,pc,days.png
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2009
    quovadis13 wrote: »
    Good Job Willeth! What instrument?

I have come to grips with the fact that I will more than likely never complete the endless setlist, let alone get bladder of steel. Dont think I can devote 6 hours at once to a game.

I'm in that boat too. I know I'll eventually do the endless setlist but I don't know about Bladder of Steel. Damn baby is so needy.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Grateful Dead used two drummers, so some drum insanity is expected.

Arikado on
  • Options
    Vater5BVater5B Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Tried this in the GH thread and I was ignored, so let's see if anyone knows anything here:
    Vater5B wrote: »
    Alright, so I need help. I've Googled for 30 minutes now and have found people with the same problem but no solution.

I put Guitar Hero III in my 360 for the first time ever tonight, and now suddenly my 2 Xplorers that have been working fine with GHII and RB suddenly don't work at all. For anything. The buttons just act like they are being mashed constantly. Even just at the dashboard. I have had them both since GHII came out, so it looks like no RMA or anything is possible.

Anyone know what's up?

Vater5B on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Does the guitar have a switch on it to define between RB and GH?

I'm thinking of the Fender Bass that has a switch that decides between RB1 and RB2. Maybe something similar?

Kor on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Xplorers eventually die by magically holding down frets.

They're dead, Jim

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    RonenRonen Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Wow, I'm gonna be honest: I had never listened to Thin Lizzy before. Sure, I've heard Boys are Back in Town and Jailbreak throughout my life, but I've never sat down and really listened to them. Now that I have, I'm really excited for this week's DLC.

I'm totally picking up the Pack and the Pat Benatar song. I'm 50/50 on The Pretenders, but the rest of the tracks are so good that I don't think I'll need it.

Ronen on
    Go play MOTHER3

or Brawl. 4854.6102.3895 Name: NU..
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    So in the past we'd all analyze every DLC song endlessly, each giving opinions and going over every detail. The way things have gone with more and more DLC, I have found that some things have slipped through the cracks that NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED to be addressed.

#1 - How was that other Ghost Hounds song? Anyone grab it? I love "Ashes To Fire".

#2 - HOW...HOW...HOW has no one really hammered home that "Forever" by In This Moment is a fucking PHENOMENAL, MUST-HAVE on EVERY instrument. My roomate bought it the other night on a whim, and he bought it on my XBox before going back to his, so I have it now. I think if the Lacuna Coil songs end up being good, I'll purchase the whole pack myself -- but DAMMIT, "Forever" is now my favorite song in the game (at the moment!), and it needed to be said. Go check it out if you havent yet.

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    RonenRonen Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    mxmarks wrote: »
    #2 - HOW...HOW...HOW has no one really hammered home that "Forever" by In This Moment is a fucking PHENOMENAL, MUST-HAVE on EVERY instrument. My roomate bought it the other night on a whim, and he bought it on my XBox before going back to his, so I have it now. I think if the Lacuna Coil songs end up being good, I'll purchase the whole pack myself -- but DAMMIT, "Forever" is now my favorite song in the game (at the moment!), and it needed to be said. Go check it out if you havent yet.

Agreed. I play this track every time I boot the game up. The Expert guitar part is so much fun and the bass part sounds so... substantial that it feels great to play. I really recommend this track.

In This Moment in general is a confusing band... they've got a very Evanescence/Lacuna Coil sound, but their lyrics are happy, jovial even. I love their balance though. They've got some other tracks on their second CD that would make great RB songs (I'm looking at you, Mechanical Love, You Always Believed and All For You).

Ronen on
    Go play MOTHER3

or Brawl. 4854.6102.3895 Name: NU..
  • Options
    Vater5BVater5B Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    FyreWulff wrote: »

They're dead, Jim

That sucks... With both of them occurring at the same time I was really hoping it was software error.

Vater5B on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    I'm not going to buy a single Grateful Dead song ever.

Because of the difficulty or because you hate the band?

I mean, if you hate the band, more to you, but after actually hearing the Grateful Dead, I'll never understand all the flak and hatred they get.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Vater5B wrote: »
    FyreWulff wrote: »

They're dead, Jim

That sucks... With both of them occurring at the same time I was really hoping it was software error.

The giveaway is that it does it on the dash. Mine held down the blue fret so it'd constantly try to sign me out.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    SilkyNumNutsSilkyNumNuts Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Been playing this today, and it occured to me, any way to turn off the overdrive effects, both the wave upon gaining some and the background effect?

SilkyNumNuts on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I am touching wood so hard about my plastic instruments. My Xplorer has been battered to fuck in the rain and my drums have endured baggage handlers at Seattle, Chicago and Manchester with no padding, and they're both working flawlessly right now.

The Bladder of Steel run was Expert bass, for anyone who wanted to know.

Willeth on
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Willeth wrote: »
    I am touching wood so hard about my plastic instruments. My Xplorer has been battered to fuck in the rain and my drums have endured baggage handlers at Seattle, Chicago and Manchester with no padding, and they're both working flawlessly right now.

I expect to do a BoS Expert Bass attempt fairly soon. I came close on guitar, but I suspect the calibration coupled with my being a bit tired caused me to fail on three late songs. (Bodhisattva, Battery, and Panic Attack, FYI)

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Yeah, the rattling seems to be from the cymbal itself. *sigh* Don't really want to RMA the thing tho...

So, finally decided to open up my Cymbal. The rattling was caused by three "spare" screws. Now they sound just like the rest.

By the way, mini review. Oh my God, using three cymbals sometimes causes my mind to overload trying to figure them out but it's 300% better. It just feels way more fun. I do recommend them only if you're already playing hard-expert tho.

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Willeth wrote: »

I expect to do a BoS Expert Bass attempt fairly soon. I came close on guitar, but I suspect the calibration coupled with my being a bit tired caused me to fail on three late songs. (Bodhisattva, Battery, and Panic Attack, FYI)

I feel like I could do Expert guitar. I've only ever played Visions on bass though (during that run) and so I have no idea about the guitar part, but I imagine I can get through it.

Willeth on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Guitar has a bit more of a break on Visions towards the end than Bass does.

Arikado on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Should be alright, then. Although I need to find another six free hours. And there's not a lot of point in doing so when I still have the drums and vocals ones to do.

Heh.

Willeth on
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Arikado wrote: »
    Guitar has a bit more of a break on Visions towards the end than Bass does.

Except the bass has fewer notes to hit. In the second half, the guitar gets some crazy rapid strums and arpeggios. The bass has them as well, but not nearly so crazy. The bass is significantly easier in my estimation.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I think the hardest part of the bass part of Visions is harder than the hardest part of the guitar part, but the bass part is still an order of magnitude easier to pass in my opinion.

Smug Duckling on
    smugduckling,pc,days.png
  • Options
    elevatureelevature Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    So how come GH is getting two free Springsteen songs and Rock Band still has nothing from the Boss? I'd gladly pay for them. I just want to play Born to Run. Radio Nowhere would be awesome too.

elevature on