As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Octuplets & Being a single mother with 14 children.

SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
edited February 2009 in Debate and/or Discourse
Lots of diffrent opinions in the news, but how about D&D weighs in on the following questions:

- is it ethical to have invitro when you are a single mother with 6 kids? if yes, what about using 8 embrios?
- is it ethical to "sell the story" in order to support said children.
- Opinion on a lack of sponsorship that the family is getting due to the mother being a single mother.
- Opinion on why somebody would want to have that many children.

News Articles:
Only Child Syndrome?
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/OnCall/story?id=6810491&page=1
Mom wants 2 Million for Story & TV Show
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/thedishrag/2009/02/octopulets-mom.html
Mom had 2 workers compensation claims
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/4516607/Octuplets-mother-had-filed-two-workers-compensation-claims.html
California Probing Octuplets Case
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/02/05/earlyshow/health/main4777292.shtml
Octuplets highly unlikely in Canada, expert says
http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20090204/IVF_octuplets_090204/20090204?hub=TopStories
Octuplets, Their mom and the Law
http://foxforum.blogs.foxnews.com/2009/02/03/napolitano_octuplets/
Birth of US Octuplets Raises Ethical Debate
http://www.plenglish.com/article.asp?ID=%7B7E85043D-5DC6-421F-95D4-3B2699A76161%7D)&language=EN
Octuplets Mom "Dulged" by offers
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7869345.stm

"we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
SmallLady on

• Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    SmallLady wrote: »
    - Opinion on why somebody would want to have that many children.
    Bulk discounts at Costco?

Zilla360 on
    |Ko-Fi Me! ☕😎|NH844lc.png | PSN | chi-logo-only-favicon.png(C.H.I) Ltd. |🏳️⚧️♥️
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Honestly I'm not a fan of in vitro to begin with.

We have insane numbers of children who need homes as it is.

If there was a bill to ban it until the orphan problem was fixed I'd vote for it.

As for why someone would want that many kids: Psychological disorder.

Incenjucar on
  • Wonder_HippieWonder_Hippie __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2009
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    Honestly I'm not a fan of in vitro to begin with.

We have insane numbers of children who need homes as it is.

If there was a bill to ban it until the orphan problem was fixed I'd vote for it.

As for why someone would want that many kids: Psychological disorder.

I'm there with you. I can't believe what people go through to make babies when we have so many kids ready-made.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    In my opinion this woman was being terribly irresponsible when she decided to get in vitro when she already had 6 other children. From what I saw on the news the family lives in a 3 bedroom house. It's sad to think about how they are going to cram 8 new people into such a small house.

Marathon on
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    One article I read said that she had the 6 kids (including one set of twins) originally and "just wanted 1 more," ended up with 8 more. So I don't think she wanted 14 kids, but wanting half that number is still a bit weird to me.

KalTorak on
  • Wonder_HippieWonder_Hippie __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2009
    KalTorak wrote: »
    One article I read said that she had the 6 kids (including one set of twins) originally and "just wanted 1 more," ended up with 8 more. So I don't think she wanted 14 kids, but wanting half that number is still a bit weird to me.

Well, that's the problem with this kind of treatment. It's a scatter-shot approach to getting knocked up.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • HokutoseiHokutosei Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Having 6 children and then having another 8 is irresponsible as it is. Having them without a father just seems odd to me, but maybe tha is just me.

As stated we have enough children who do not have homes as it is, wait til those get a home before you have 14 kids total.

Also, I heard she lives at home and is supported by her mother somewhat? If so, it also seems a bit unfair to the mother (grandmother that is) to have to carry her daughter's bad choices.

Now, speacking ethically, I do not think the doctor's should have even planted them inside of her, du to her already having 6 children. Hell, if it was me, I would have said stop planting them inside of her after she has 2 kids, no more. Also, I have to ask, is she even capable of supporting these 14 kids? If not, guess who probably is... that's right, we the tax payers via wellfare. That in and of itself seems rather unfair that because she made bad choics and wanted 14 kids, we the people now have to pay to raise them?

Ridiculous.

Then again, my standing on wellfare and unemployment are a bit harsh. My view is if you do not have a job for a year, maybe two, you're cut off... permanently. Meaning we don't care if you pop out another kid or not, because you made a conscious choice to try and cheat the tax payers out of money.

Hokutosei on
    If nothing is impossible, then would that not mean that it would be impossible to find something that is impossible?

"It is not enough that I succeed, all other must fail." -Genghis Khan
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    The only problem with giving these children welfare is letting HER benefit from said welfare.

The woman is obviously insane, so should not be allowed to have children, and should be locked away and the children sent to foster homes before she fucks them up.

Incenjucar on
  • tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    My question is what the hell was her fertility doctor thinking shoving so many embryos in a woman who already had 6 kids. I mean, the reason the rate of these ridiculous births has gone down is that techniques have gotten better so you don't have to do that.

Also, where the heck did she get the money for in vitro in the first place as a single mom with 6 kids?

tsmvengy on
    steam_sig.png
  • Greg USNGreg USN Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Marathon wrote: »
    In my opinion this woman was being terribly irresponsible when she decided to get in vitro when she already had 6 other children. From what I saw on the news the family lives in a 3 bedroom house. It's sad to think about how they are going to cram 8 new people into such a small house.

i think it is a 2 bedroom 1200sqft home....
    Checking now

edit:
    yup 2 bedrooms for 17 people (14 kids, the mother, and her parents)
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/health/article5627531.ece
    This is just sick

Greg USN on
    FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    Infinity Mog 21 and over Free Company Sargatanas Server. Recruitment currently closed.
    m1LuFkU.jpg
  • dispatch.odispatch.o Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Quite frankly I think they should ban in vitro. There are plenty of children in this world with nothing, who just want a family.

People get off on the fact it's "Theirs" and if they adopt it's not really. My girlfriend was adopted and she doesn't advertise the fact, when someone brings up adoption there's always at least one crazy cunt who feels the need to point out that adopted kids just aren't the same, and that it's not REALLY like having a child. If you want to see angry, that's about where to look.

Fuck those people, they should be sterilized.

This crazy bitch should have been sterilized when she was trying to get knocked up as a teenager.

edit:

I think the mental health of the woman should be in question at this point, and they shouldn't have allowed her to have the additional children. Making babies in this society is much like religion, you can get away with just about anything relating to it if you play the right card. It concerns me that no one really thought of the taxpayer burden and safety and health of the children. This womans mother is doing nearly all of the raising at is is out of guilt and a desire to not have the current crop starve. From what I read last week she plans on washing her hands of the entire thing very soon.

dispatch.o on
    edited February 2009
    dispatch.o wrote: »
    Quite frankly I think they should ban in vitro...

I disagree completely. If people are free to have abortions they should be free to have fertility treatments.
    That being said. After have 6 kids she should have been denied subsequent treatments, if not she should have NEVER been allowed to have 8 at once.

She is also a winner because she has been bleeding CA for workers comp for 10 years.

Edit:
    the Tax payers also get to pay for the tremendous cost of her prenatal, delivery, and postnatal care. Hurray!

Greg USN on
    FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    Infinity Mog 21 and over Free Company Sargatanas Server. Recruitment currently closed.
    m1LuFkU.jpg
  • CangoFettCangoFett Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Now, im not fan of the idea of 14 kids.

But ive seen it done, very well. Saw a documentary about, I think it was a mormon family. They never used any sort of birth control, just had sex whenever they felt like it. Aparrently alot. They had like, 14 kids, ages 17 to baby stroller. Every single person in that family seemed very responsible and hard working. Cool people, overall. They lived in a large house that their father/older brothers built. Had one van for getting groceries and another for driving everyone to the grocery store. They had organized systems for the little details, like getting laundry done.

All in all, a far more functional/organized/loving family than some of the peices of crap that I have seen in my town, that have only 1 or 2 kids.

So, you really get 2 options;

1) Let people do as they will

2) Place laws on who can reproduce and when.

Surely theres no way that #2 could ever go wrong.

CangoFett on
    edited February 2009
    CangoFett wrote: »

Well said. I don't want us to be the next China.

Greg USN on
    FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    m1LuFkU.jpg
  • BrotherVoodooBrotherVoodoo Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    KalTorak wrote: »

So the fuck what? I want a car made out of diamonds. But I would feel like a jackass driving it, knowing what a retarded thing to do it would be. Fuck.

...well besides the fact that I'm not completely opposed to number 2, we should be able to tax the shit out of people like that. In this documentary, how were these people making money to support a billion kids and still take care of them?

BrotherVoodoo on
    13669_988031669590_13908669_57296127_2429910_n.jpg
  • DarkCrawlerDarkCrawler Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    She's absolutely insane. What, six children weren't enough when you are living on welfare? None of the doctors gave any advice to her on this? Christ, some of these kids are barely going to know their mother. 14 children, ALL who are under seven in age, EIGHT who are of the same age...there is no way in hell she can have enough personal time with each of them.

Seriously, the situation is fucked up. There are going to be some very troubled kids raised in that home.

But ive seen it done, very well. Saw a documentary about, I think it was a mormon family. They never used any sort of birth control, just had sex whenever they felt like it. Aparrently alot. They had like, 14 kids, ages 17 to baby stroller. Every single person in that family seemed very responsible and hard working. Cool people, overall. They lived in a large house that their father/older brothers built. Had one van for getting groceries and another for driving everyone to the grocery store. They had organized systems for the little details, like getting laundry done.

It's a bit different situation when you are rich and have two parents and kids of varying age. I don't think anyone thinks that big families can't be managed, after all, how many of our grandmothers/grandfathers had absolutely huge families and still managed to come off right?

This though...this is insane.

DarkCrawler on
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

All in all, a far more functional/organized/loving family than some of the peices of crap that I have seen in my town, that have only 1 or 2 kids.

There's a difference between placing laws on reproduction, and not allowing a woman with no job or assets who already has 6 children receive invitro fertilization. It's like the bank bailout, how Obama's attempting to limit executive salary to corps that took bailout money to 500k. If you're living on government assistance, the government should have the right to place restrictions on that assistance.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
    edited February 2009

The way in vitro currently works is they implant a whole bunch of eggs, not just one. It's not having "a" baby. It's having a litter.

dispatch.o on
  • KevinNashKevinNash Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

The numerous suggestions in this thread recommending that we ban in-vitro are alarming.
    dispatch.o wrote:

You managed to say something even more alarming.

KevinNash on
    edited February 2009

There's a difference between placing laws on reproduction, and not allowing a woman with no job or assets who already has 6 children receive invitro fertilization. It's like the bank bailout, how Obama's attempting to limit executive salary to corps that took bailout money to 500k. If you're living on government assistance, the government should have the right to place restrictions on that assistance.

So her in-vitro was payed for with government assistance? I thought everyone was supposed to have free health care.

KevinNash on
  • SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    the part that gets me the most is HOW is it medically legal to implant EIGHT embryos at one time. Are there no procedures and oversight for IVF treatments in the US?

from the one of the articles from the OP
    Octuplets highly unlikely in Canada, expert says
    Updated Wed. Feb. 4 2009 12:19 PM ET

CTV.ca News Staff

The birth of octuplets due to in vitro fertilization would be highly unlikely in Canada, because industry guidelines limit the number of embryos that can be implanted, says one expert.

Nadya Suleman, a 33-year-old single mom from California, recently gave birth to octuplets -- her pregnancy attributed to IVF.

She already had six children -- all conceived using IVF -- with the recent births bringing her total to 14.

Dr. Ed Hughes, a professor of obstetrics and gynaecology at McMaster University, said there are no hard and fast rules in Canada, but that industry guidelines limit the number of embryos that can be transferred to two, he told CTV.ca.

However, three can be implanted in cases where the patient is older, in her 40s, for example, and has a lower chance of getting pregnant.

Hughes said both the U.S. and Canada have patient-pays IVF industries, and at thousands of dollars a cycle, clinics are often under pressure to do whatever it takes to increase the chance of conception.

"If they're under 35, many would do well with a single embryo, but because they're paying $10,000 dollars per cycle they may be reluctant to go that route, so they may prefer to have two embryos put back," he told CTV.ca.

He added: "It would be absolutely inappropriate to transfer large numbers of embryos -- totally inappropriate."

Suleman's pregnancies have all been attributed to IVF, but Hughes suggested the birth of the octuplets could be the result of ovulation induction, a separate procedure that he said is much harder to control.

In Canada, measures are in place to prevent such an outcome, he said. In addition to clinical practice guidelines in the country, all IVF data is collected and audited each year.

As well, he said, there is a partnership between the industry and the federal Agency for Human Reproduction to reduce multiple pregnancies.

But ultimately, patients and doctors share the responsibility for how many embryos are implanted, he said.

"It's a joint decision. Obviously the clinicians are responsible for their advice and their responsible for their parameters but patients clearly have some input."

Dr. Simon Fishel, a renowned fertility expert and managing director of CAREfertility, told Canada AM it would be against regulations in England to implant more than three embryos.

"It would be reprehensible to put back more than three embryos," he said, of the California case.

"What we would want is to try and improve the chances of pregnancy and deliver a healthy baby without the risk of multiple pregnancy."

Because in vitro fertilization treatment isn't funded in Canada, many women use fertility drugs in an effort to become pregnant. Those drugs have been blamed for the high number of twin births.

Hughes said Canada should follow the example of a number of European nations and fund in vitro fertilization in order to lower the country's high multiple birth rate.

He said the high rate of twin births results in a serious financial strain on the nation's health care system.

Pregnancies that involve twins have a five-fold higher risk of birth defects and death. As well, twins have a higher chance of being born prematurely and typically require weeks of costly care in neonatal units.

"Provincial governments would do well to look at funding IVF linked with single-embryo transfer because they ultimately would save money by reducing multiple pregnancies which are in turn very expensive to care for," Hughes said.

He said Canada should follow the lead of a number of European countries that have experienced the benefits of providing state funding for IVF.

"In Germany, in Sweden, in Belgium we're seeing multiple pregnancy rates drastically reduced by funding for single-embryo transfer IVF, to less than 10 per cent.

And in Canada our twin rate is still around 25 per cent," Hughes said.

Suleman has reportedly offered to sell her story for $2 million, but Joann Killeen, a spokesperson for Suleman, said Wednesday that financial gain "was not her intention" and that the woman "always wanted to be a mom."

Suleman's previous six children were between the ages of two and seven when she birthed octuplets on Jan. 26.

Killeen said Wednesday doctors have not yet decided when Killeen and the babies will be released, but said they are all doing well.

SmallLady on
  • ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    She's an idiot and, even worse, should any of her children live they will spread their idiotic genes to their children, and their children's children...

Stupid humans. Without natural selection our planet is going to be populated by people who are all related.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • BrotherVoodooBrotherVoodoo Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Quite frankly I think they should ban in vitro. There are plenty of children in this world with nothing, who just want a family.

People get off on the fact it's "Theirs" and if they adopt it's not really. My girlfriend was adopted and she doesn't advertise the fact, when someone brings up adoption there's always at least one crazy cunt who feels the need to point out that adopted kids just aren't the same, and that it's not REALLY like having a child. If you want to see angry, that's about where to look.

This crazy bitch should have been sterilized when she was trying to get knocked up as a teenager.

edit:

I think the mental health of the woman should be in question at this point, and they shouldn't have allowed her to have the additional children. Making babies in this society is much like religion, you can get away with just about anything relating to it if you play the right card. It concerns me that no one really thought of the taxpayer burden and safety and health of the children. This womans mother is doing nearly all of the raising at is is out of guilt and a desire to not have the current crop starve. From what I read last week she plans on washing her hands of the entire thing very soon.

High-5 to this post.

BrotherVoodoo on
    13669_988031669590_13908669_57296127_2429910_n.jpg
  • tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

The way in vitro currently works is they implant a whole bunch of eggs, not just one. It's not having "a" baby. It's having a litter.

Wrong wrong wrong! In vitro techniques have improved to the point where this is no longer how in vitro works. The numbers of women who have been having 6+ children has been going down.

The reality is that there should be more industry oversight on in vitro techniques. This shouldn't happen.

And fuck the people who said she should be sterilized, that's just sick.

tsmvengy on
    steam_sig.png
    edited February 2009
    tsmvengy wrote: »

Wrong wrong wrong! In vitro techniques have improved to the point where this is no longer how in vitro works. The numbers of women who have been having 6+ children has been going down.

The reality is that there should be more industry oversight on in vitro techniques. This shouldn't happen.

And fuck the people who said she should be sterilized, that's just sick

For somebody her age she shouldn't of had more then 1 or 2 embryo's planted. not EIGHT.

EIGHT.

my god. she's not a dog.

SmallLady on
    edited February 2009
    tsmvengy wrote: »

And fuck the people who said she should be sterilized, that's just sick.

This is exactly how in vitro works. They pump someone full of hormones and harvest a bunch of eggs. They fertilize the eggs and then implant a handful back in during the right part of the cycle. The normal option is to abort a small number if none had failed.

In reality it should be entirely possible to implant the eggs one at time, but people don't normally have the money to have repeated procedures if they fail, so the solution is to drop in a bucket load. If you don't have the funds to go about it the proper and ethical way, you shouldn't be having children in the first fucking place.

They shouldn't even be doing the damn things if they can't do it responsibly and precisely, but our society is so hung up on spawning and your value as a woman or even married couple is lower if you haven't spewed forth a little hooligan that we decided, "well, yeah it's not very exact but fuck it lets make babies!".

Edit:

The reason she had them is she didn't want the eggs destroyed. It wouldn't matter how well we could implant and carry to term in the case of a crazy bitch like this.

dispatch.o on
  • bezerk bobbezerk bob Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    In australia, we pay people to have kids. No joke. Any deadshit, slacker, feral or dole bludger gets money for crapping out kids. How anyone thought that would be a good idea is completely beyond me. Dont we have 8 billion people on this planet as it is? cant we start paying people to not have kids?

bezerk bob on
    You can only drink 30 or 40 glasses of beer a day, no matter how rich you are. -- Colonel Adolphus Busch
    edited February 2009
    bezerk bob wrote: »
    In australia, we pay people to have kids. No joke. Any deadshit, slacker, feral or dole bludger gets money for crapping out kids. How anyone thought that would be a good idea is completely beyond me. Dont we have 8 billion people on this planet as it is? cant we start paying people to not have kids?

They do this in China. How it works is that you can only have 1 child. If you have a daughter you drown her because women are inferior to men and you of course want to have a son at some point but can't have any more kids. Then you rinse repeat this process until you have a son. If you have additional children beyond that you either have to get an abortion or go to prison.

KevinNash on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Look I think we can strike a happy medium between not rewarding people already on the system for having more children and murdering female babies.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Preacher wrote: »
    Look I think we can strike a happy medium between not rewarding people already on the system for having more children and murdering female babies.

If I had that many children, I would abort myself.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • mugginnsmugginns Jawsome Fresh CoastRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I think IVF is a great scientific discovery, and with the advances that have been made it is becoming more realistic. The multiple births that were more common are becoming scarce, and other countries have actually regulated how many embryos can be implanted I believe.

This is one sick woman, though. At her age as a single parent with no job and obviously trying to cash in there is something wrong. Something wrong with the doc, too. Although there is the whole "don't tell me what I can and can't do with my body!" aspect.

The Dave and Kate + 8 shit is really annoying, too. They had twins from IVF then had 6 more. I can understand having another kid but they should have been more responsible. The woman has a huge entitlement complex - been quoted as saying that society owes her etc.

mugginns on
    E26cO.jpg
    edited February 2009
    I think we can all agree that if Kate Gosselin was drug behind some pick up truck for hours on end the whole world would be better for it.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • bezerk bobbezerk bob Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    KevinNash wrote: »
    bezerk bob wrote: »

They do this in China. How it works is that you can only have 1 child. If you have a daughter you drown her because women are inferior to men and you of course want to have a son at some point but can't have any more kids. Then you rinse repeat this process until you have a son. If you have additional children beyond that you either have to get an abortion or go to prison.

I was thinking tax incentives not to have kids or something, although that would probably be unfair as well. I just think that at this point there are way too many people in the world for anyones good. I saw a documentary on sbs on the declining birth rate in italy and how the catholic church is spazzing out about it, Whats the big deal? there are app 58 million people in italy which is not a big country. Maybye a few less wouldnt hurt, which goes for almost everywhere.

Also on checking the figures world pop is set at app 6.75 billion, not 8. My bad.

bezerk bob on
    You can only drink 30 or 40 glasses of beer a day, no matter how rich you are. -- Colonel Adolphus Busch
    edited February 2009
    I think we can all agree that if Kate Gosselin was drug behind some pick up truck for hours on end the whole world would be better for it.

who?

SmallLady on
    edited February 2009

who?

TLC show John and Kate + 8 she is the most overbearing bitch in the world.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • mugginnsmugginns Jawsome Fresh CoastRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009

who?

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/997048/why_i_went_from_a_jon_kate_plus_8_supporter_pg2.html

Damn, I didn't even see that she had a free tummy tuck. Basically they had twins with IVF, then had 6 more kids at once. At one point, and I can't find the quote, she said that she was entitled to a medicaid nurse for a long time (instead of the one year that is written in law) because society owed her for having IVF f' up even though she could have aborted a few of the kids like the docs told her.

She gets tons of free shit, and from what I've seen of the show, treats her husband like shit and uses her position as media darling to push her ideas.

mugginns on
    E26cO.jpg
  • DemiurgeDemiurge Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    This reminds me of a case in Denmark, a retarded couple had invitro to have a baby. When it was born the authorities took the baby away since they weren't able to care for it. If she has a mental illness I don't think she should be allowed to keep the children, they should be placed in foster care, with the publicity it shouldn't be hard to find homes. She needs to get some help.

Demiurge on
    DQ0uv.png 5E984.png
    edited February 2009
    mugginns wrote: »

who?

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/997048/why_i_went_from_a_jon_kate_plus_8_supporter_pg2.html

Damn, I didn't even see that she had a free tummy tuck. Basically they had twins with IVF, then had 6 more kids at once. At one point, and I can't find the quote, she said that she was entitled to a medicaid nurse for a long time (instead of the one year that is written in law) because society owed her for having IVF f' up even though she could have aborted a few of the kids like the docs told her.

She gets tons of free shit, and from what I've seen of the show, treats her husband like shit and uses her position as media darling to push her ideas.

My biggest problem is she whores her family out to better herself. And I know about whoring out your multiple birth for cash as I'm related to the Dionne Quintuplets.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I have no problem with couples that have trouble having children using IVF. But this lady already had 6 kids, obviously she isn't challenged in the reproduction department. I can't believe that she found a doctor that wsa willing to go through with this.

Marathon on
  • DuffelDuffel jacobkosh Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    If she really is mentally ill, wouldn't this constitute some sort of violation of the Hippocratic Oath?

Duffel on