As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 - Mutant and Symbiote edition

Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley...Registered User regular
edited August 2010 in Games and Technology
http://kotaku.com/5147274/marvel-ultimate-alliance-2-fusion-trailer

Here we go, Kotaku has a peak at the comic con trailer of the new Marvel: UA Fusion.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
PSN - Brainiac_8
Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
Add me!
Brainiac 8 on

• Options
    Doc HollidayDoc Holliday Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Happy to see that they're going with the Civil War arc, but man... the trailer isn't very pretty.

Doc Holliday on
    PSN & Live: buckwilson
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Definitely in game graphics, not CGI. I love it. It looks so good.

urahonky on
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    It looks good to me also.

As long as they make sure to have Cyclops in it, I'll be happy.

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    So is the Thor in this a clone too or what.

Schide on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    They have a very weird art style. But the Civil War? I can dig it.

Henroid on
  • Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    So Civil War sucks? I don't keep up on comics much, just that there's apparently some weird guy named Quesadilla who is RUINING COMICS FOREVAR~~~!!!1one and apparently they decided Spider Man needed to be 15 years old again?

What's the Release Date on this?

KiTA on
  • Options
    corin7corin7 San Diego, CARegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Doesn't look like Raven is doing this one? I didn't see their name mentioned on the end splash screen.

corin7 on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    KiTA wrote: »
    So Civil War sucks? I don't keep up on comics much, just that there's apparently some weird guy named Quesadilla who is RUINING COMICS FOREVAR~~~!!!1one and apparently they decided Spider Man needed to be 15 years old again?

Eh, I wouldn't say it sucked, but it didn't sit well with a lot of people for various reasons. I was sort of ok with it, but it didn't really do much for me. But clone Thor was pretty lame. But it did spawn some interesting ideas and other comics that were pretty good.

As for the Spider-Man situation:
    Here's the gist of what happened. First off Aunt May gets shot by a sniper meant for Spider-Man. So in this mini One More Day Spidey is all disconsolate because he doesn't want Aunt May to die and all, so he runs around being sad until Mephisto comes and offers him Aunt May's life, but in return Peter must agree to have never been married to Mary Jane. So they bring in MJ and she's all like, do it because Aunt May is your Aunt and special and stuff. So Mephisto puts on the whammy and now Aunt May is fine but Peter and MJ never married. However! This retcons a whole bunch of stuff, and as it turns out Peter and MJ had lived together for a time, they just didn't married, but they're not together anymore so now Spidey is running around and sometimes dating other girls and stuff.

Another thing that was retconned is that now Harry Osborn never actually died and is now running a coffee shop. Also Spider-Man's identity is now a secret again. And Peter shares an apartment with a cop.

There have actually been some good stories after OMD, but...well, how it happened and why it happened was, um, stupid.

Schide on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    My big problem with Civil War is that it was short and could've probably been a lasting event for a while.

Henroid on
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Henroid wrote: »
    My big problem with Civil War is that it was short and could've probably been a lasting event for a while.

My problem with Civil is "lol Skrulls did it."

As for the game itself, I had loads of fun with the first one and if they're actually tweaking this version to make the other non-avengers(best team, imo) good then I'll like this one too.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    It was more pretentious all shock and no substance schlock by Millar.

Bleh.

One More Day was just one last attempt by Joe Q to completely destory the character of Spider-Man.

Double bleh.

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Random thought: Last time I saw MUA2 it didn't mention Civil War at all. Did they decide to throw it in during the development process or something?

And, release date?

KiTA on
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Trailer says Fall 2009.

I never did finish M:UA, but I did like it.

captaink on
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Random thought: Last time I saw MUA2 it didn't mention Civil War at all. Did they decide to throw it in during the development process or something?

And, release date?

From what I remember in a GI issue I saw, they actually did have a few screenshots of Captain America vs. Iron Man so I think the Civil War idea was in the works for a while.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Hell yeah, it's been my dream for ages to kick ass with Howard the Duck.

And Joe didn't MEAN to destroy Spider-Man, he was just all "man it sucks that he's married, wish I could unmarry him!" and then it was done in a truly stupid way.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Is it just me or were there no new characters in there except a brief Hulk shot?

If it's going to be the same team of Wolverine/Cap/Storm/Human Torch, I might as well just replay MUA 1.

Scooter on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Scooter wrote: »
    Is it just me or were there no new characters in there except a brief Hulk shot?

If it's going to be the same team of Wolverine/Cap/Storm/Human Torch, I might as well just replay MUA 1.

The lack of Thor in the team is horrible.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Supposedly, it will have many new characters, but all of the ones shown so far were in the first game.

Hulk wasn't technically new either, since you could download him onto the 360.

With them following the Civil War plot, I'm assuming we'll finally get to play some cool villians through the Thunderbolts.

Bullseye, Venom, Green Goblin, and Songbird FTW. :^:

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    Supposedly, it will have many new characters, but all of the ones shown so far were in the first game.

With them following the Civil War plot, I'm assuming we'll finally get to play some cool villians through the Thunderbolts.

Don't forget Penance...he's powered by emo.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Dragkonias wrote: »

I've been trying to forget him since he's become Emoball. It spits on two things: The history of Speedball, and it spits on a character that already had that name...the much cooler Penance of Generation X fame.

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Dragkonias wrote: »

I've been trying to forget him since he's become Emoball. It spits on two things: The history of Speedball, and it spits on a character that already had that name...the much cooler Penance of Generation X fame.

She's called Hollow now!

Schide on
  • Options
    PunkBoyPunkBoy Thank you! And thank you again! Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    If they include Iron Fist, I'll be happy. I read through one of the recent trade paperbacks of him, and I'm really liking it.

PunkBoy on
    Steam ID:
    steam_sig.png
    The Linecutters Podcast: Your weekly dose of nerd! Tune in for the live broadcast every Wednesday at 7 PM EST, only at www.non-productive.com!
  • Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Schide wrote: »

Eh, I wouldn't say it sucked, but it didn't sit well with a lot of people for various reasons. I was sort of ok with it, but it didn't really do much for me. But clone Thor was pretty lame. But it did spawn some interesting ideas and other comics that were pretty good.

As for the Spider-Man situation:
    Here's the gist of what happened. First off Aunt May gets shot by a sniper meant for Spider-Man. So in this mini One More Day Spidey is all disconsolate because he doesn't want Aunt May to die and all, so he runs around being sad until Mephisto comes and offers him Aunt May's life, but in return Peter must agree to have never been married to Mary Jane. So they bring in MJ and she's all like, do it because Aunt May is your Aunt and special and stuff. So Mephisto puts on the whammy and now Aunt May is fine but Peter and MJ never married. However! This retcons a whole bunch of stuff, and as it turns out Peter and MJ had lived together for a time, they just didn't married, but they're not together anymore so now Spidey is running around and sometimes dating other girls and stuff.

Another thing that was retconned is that now Harry Osborn never actually died and is now running a coffee shop. Also Spider-Man's identity is now a secret again. And Peter shares an apartment with a cop.

There have actually been some good stories after OMD, but...well, how it happened and why it happened was, um, stupid.

Yeah, as much as I love the comic characters, this is the kinda shit that keeps me from ever actually reading them and following them seriously. I'll stick with the video games and movies that borrow ideas from them and generally have less complete retardation of the storylines. Not always though.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Spider-Man's Brand New Day is probably the worst thing Marvel's done in 10 years, so it's probably not fair to judge them all for that. There's plenty of good stuff that could be recommended though.

In Marvel, anyways. All of DC's good stuff seems to be in bad selling books that get canceled after 25 issues.

Scooter on
  • Options
    elevatureelevature Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    M:UA co-op was great. I've run through the hardest difficulty a couple times with three other people and it's the most fun I've had with co-op next to L4D. I'm very excited about this one.

The original Thunderbolts would be better than the new ones, though. Citizen V, Songbird, Moonstone, and Techno would be a great team.

elevature on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Spider-Man's Brand New Day is probably the worst thing Marvel's done in 10 years, so it's probably not fair to judge them all for that. There's plenty of good stuff that could be recommended though.

In Marvel, anyways. All of DC's good stuff seems to be in bad selling books that get canceled after 25 issues.

Reasons why Marvel can still do things right, summed up in three bullet points:

1. Annihilation
    2. Nova
    3. Guardians of the Galaxy

Oh, and my most requested character in M: UA2 is Nova! Wooo! :D

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    edited February 2009

Reasons why Marvel can still do things right, summed up in three bullet points:

1. Annihilation
    2. Nova
    3. Guardians of the Galaxy

Oh, and my most requested character in M: UA2 is Nova! Wooo! :D

Galactus makes everything better.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I am tempted to tell my baby bro to go fuck himself and beat the rest of Marvel Ultimate Alliance myself.

That said, this was awesome,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDr57ajoTlU

RoyceSraphim on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I find myself trying to imitate that scene when I'm alone and bored.

"Hail, brave warriors of Asgard!"

"Hail, brave warriors of Asgard!"

Scooter on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Where is kotaku getting the Fusion subtitle from?

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Where is kotaku getting the Fusion subtitle from?

That's what's called. You know for fusion attacks and what not.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    http://unleashfusion.marvel.com/

It's the official name of the game.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2: Fusion

It's because you can combine powers in the game for major damage!

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    If Wolverine and Colossus are in it together there better be a Fastball Special fusion.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Macro9 wrote: »
    If Wolverine and Colossus are in it together there better be a Fastball Special fusion.

I imagine thats a given as it was doable even in X-Men Legends.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    eelektrik wrote: »
    Macro9 wrote: »

I imagine thats a given as it was doable even in X-Men Legends.

I was only able to play that game for about ten minutes before my Xbox caught fire years ago. You telling me this makes me sad.

So sad.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I only have M:UA for the Wii, and don't like the Waggle. Is M:UA for the 360 worth picking up?

KiTA on
  • Options
    randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I am tempted to tell my baby bro to go fuck himself and beat the rest of Marvel Ultimate Alliance myself.

That said, this was awesome,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDr57ajoTlU
    That guy was the best part.

FOR ASGARD!

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    XtarathXtarath Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I only have M:UA for the Wii, and don't like the Waggle. Is M:UA for the 360 worth picking up?

I got mine for free, so I wouldn't know, but it is some good co-op times. My buddies and I had a team of Class Iron man(me), symbiote spidey, classic thor, and deadpool.

Xtarath on
  • Options
    El ExtremoEl Extremo Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Why wasn't there any Deadpool in that trailer?

Not only was he in the first one, but I'm pretty sure I saw Cable at one point in the trailer too.

You can't have Cable without Deadpool. That's just dumb.

El Extremo on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    SilkyNumNutsSilkyNumNuts Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Man, no iron spidey suit?

Woulda been awesome...

SilkyNumNuts on