Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Secret Santa 2008! No one on the corner gives swagga like us.

• ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    RoundBoy wrote: »
    A deadbeat santa that not only signed up, but also posted about his gift get? That's just extra dickish.

Can we ban him twice?

I think if you hold down the ban button, it's super-ban. :)

steam_sig.png
    Backloggery XBox Live: ArcSyn 3DS: 1805-2274-4550 (Jonathan) WiiU NNID: ArcSyn

GIFT GET GIFS
  • arcatharcath Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I'm sorry for my not-picturepost-failings.
    I don't have a digital camera or a camera phone or anything. D:
    I'll borrow one soon! I promise!
    Arcath's gift ruled!

And hey, I totally posted, there were just no pictures.
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?p=8285675#post8285675

Yup he posted and sent a PM.

camo_sig.png
  • ForarForar #432 Already prepping for Toronto Fan Expo!Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I admit I'm something of a Bad Santa (:winky:) in that I don't follow the thread particularly closely, aside from stalking my [strike]prey[/strike] Santee and making sure to let my Santa know my gift was received and enjoyed with vigor.

That said, just checking in on the Santa/Bunny situation.

I've only skimmed a few pages, but it seems we have only a couple outstanding issues that need resolving?

If so, count me in.

sigtwo.png
    edited January 2009
    Yup, 4 deadbeats as far as I'm aware right now.

steam_sig.png

GIFT GET GIFS
  • slacktronslacktron Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    In case my earlier tirade didn't make my intentions clear, I too would like to be fitted with a secret Easter Bunny suit.

Because these injustices will not stand. They will not stand, man.

• liquidloganliquidlogan Registered User
    edited January 2009
    This is awesome guys. I'm truly happy to see that so many people are willing to step up and be Easter Bunnies, so much so that Easter Bunnies outnumber scorned santees. I think the conclusions to be made about this are obvious:

ArcSyn and I should receive double the gifting. I'm kidding... mostly.

• AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    A deadbeat santa that not only signed up, but also posted about his gift get? That's just extra dickish.

Can we ban him twice?

I think if you hold down the ban button, it's super-ban. :)

I think Quarter-Circle-Back Ban performs a devastating Banouken.

3DS Friend Code: 0817-5033-8184 // Nintendo Network ID: AbsoluteZero
  • Cornell002Cornell002 Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I'm a little tight on funds right now, but I would also like to contribute to the Easter Bunny fund if my services are needed

• PemulisPemulis Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    So why haven't the bans been handed out?

K7 Avenger has been here as recently as Jan 23 and mcphorks5 on Jan 11th.

It's not like they haven't seen the PMs or something.

steam_sig.png
  • Doc HollidayDoc Holliday Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Pemulis wrote: »
    So why haven't the bans been handed out?

K7 Avenger has been here as recently as Jan 23 and mcphorks5 on Jan 11th.

It's not like they haven't seen the PMs or something.

Because while there are 4 unresponsive Santas, there are still 10 or so without gifts. I don't want to ban them all. Also: I am not a mod, so it's up to them.

PSN & Live: buckwilson
  • PemulisPemulis Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Oh I know you wouldn't ban them personally Doc, although it would be awesome if someone gave you temporary mod privleges for that...

Anyway, I was just wondering.

steam_sig.png
  • MrDelishMrDelish Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    so

I just got an envelope in the mail with one of these from the art director of Dead Space. It's also signed by a couple other art designers that worked on the game. Quite a nifty little book

plus it's got some 3D images plus those crazy glasses

• Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    whoa nice

the gift gave back

sig_zpsceb29fbe.jpg
  • DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I haven't posted my gift yet because it came so late that I was actually no longer at the mailing address I gave -- had to move back in to the dorms. I'll try to come up with pics and stuff once I actually get to open the gift... it could be a month or longer before I end up back home to do so. :S

steam_sig.png
  • CoJoeTheLawyerCoJoeTheLawyer Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    ...and yet I STILL don't know who my Santa is

ARRRRGGGHHHHH!

Spoiler:
    edited February 2009
    Have any of the 10 or so without gifts but "are on their way" received them yet? It seems like it's been dead in here. I don't want the Christmas spirit to die!!!

steam_sig.png

GIFT GET GIFS
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Man, this sounded like a lot of fun. I'm sad I missed it. :(

Oh well. There's always next year. :D

steam_sig.png
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue Coral Springs, FLRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    If nothing else, this proves G&T has the most stubborn holiday spirit of any subforum.

fiV9i14.jpg
    蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
  • HearthjawHearthjaw Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I'm sure I've mentioned it, but I got my gift over a month ago but with no name or tag on the cardage, so who ever you are thanks again!

steamid: sewersider
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I wasn't involved in the secret santa, but I might be willing to help easter bunny-ing.

edit: to clarify the secret Easter bunny are basically the people willing to help out those who didn't receive their secret santa gifts, correct? It's not a whole new thing, right?

steam_sig.png
  • FiggyFiggy Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Yeah, you're basically the new Santa for the people who were ripped off. You do what their Santa should have done, but didn't... just much later.

daniant wrote:
    Alright, looks like I'm giving up golden showers for Lent.
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment · Website : www.nathanswyers.com
    edited February 2009
    Cool. Yeah, I can do that. I'm fairly new, so I missed out on the secret santa, but I'm due for a good deed so this will be it. :D

steam_sig.png
  • ZiggymonZiggymon Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Ive found a few bits* to send as an Easter Bunny if anyone needs me.

*bits being quite awesome

I have REZ for the Dreamcast PAL for sale £35. Other Excellent retro games for sale PM for details
    edited February 2009
    Ziggymon wrote: »

I think I speak for everyone when I say that nobody wants your bits.

• Captain KCaptain K Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Captain Charisma, K7 Avenger, McPhorks5, and Ravincrisis all had a week to get back to me by PM on the subject of their deadbeatedness, and did not. They have been banned.

• arcatharcath Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Captain K wrote: »
    Captain Charisma, K7 Avenger, McPhorks5, and Ravincrisis all had a week to get back to me by PM on the subject of their deadbeatedness, and did not. They have been banned.

camo_sig.png
    edited February 2009
    For a second I thought it said Captain K was banned. That would have been pretty meta.

K7 Avenger blows my mind. Especially considering he got such an awesome gift from Nitsua. Marketplace points, a Family Guy shirt, and fucking Disgaea 3. Unbelievable. Charisma's gift was no joke either. I'm too lazy to look up the others.

• RoundBoyRoundBoy Registered User
    edited February 2009
    For a second I thought it said Captain K was banned. That would have been pretty meta.

K7 Avenger blows my mind. Especially considering he got such an awesome gift from Nitsua. Marketplace points, a Family Guy shirt, and fucking Disgaea 3. Unbelievable. Charisma's gift was no joke either. I'm too lazy to look up the others.

Well, they have the shame of being banned and forbidden to post here at PA.

.. until they create a new account and start over :|

sig_civwar.jpg
    Librarians harbor a terrible secret. Find it.
  • IdolNinjaIdolNinja Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue Coral Springs, FLRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009

Well, they have the shame of being banned and forbidden to post here at PA.

.. until they create a new account and start over :|

That's why mods can track IPs.

fiV9i14.jpg
    蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
    edited February 2009

I did fail to post pictures of the gift I received. But I said thanks through PM!

edited February 2009

I did fail to post pictures of the gift I received. But I said thanks through PM!

That is woefully insufficient considering the fact that you used to run this show. Woefully, I say. Feel the woe!

edited February 2009
    I am filled with woe

but hey at least I banned those dudes m i rite

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    You should be filled with moderately less woe, but still woe filled.

Games completed recently: Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Dead Island: Riptide, Batman: Arkham Origins, StarCraft 2: Heart of the Swarm, StarCraft 2: Wings of Liberty
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Klonoa of the Wind WAHOO!Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    It kills me that the two deadbeat Santas that got awesome gifts decided to come in here and share them anyways, act all normal, etc. So odd.

Anyways, Basticle was my Santa, and I just want to publicly thank him again because he got me the book Day by Day Armageddon and I'm halfway through it and it is fantastic.

It's written in the format of a daily journal by a Navy recruit as he struggles to survive a worldwide zombie outbreak.

BwQ9Ecd.jpg?1
    Magya! | Sometimes I stream PS4 games here | PSN: UnbreakableVow
    edited February 2009
    It kills me that the two deadbeat Santas that got awesome gifts decided to come in here and share them anyways, act all normal, etc. So odd.

Anyways, Basticle was my Santa, and I just want to publicly thank him again because he got me the book Day by Day Armageddon and I'm halfway through it and it is fantastic.

It's written in the format of a daily journal by a Navy recruit as he struggles to survive a worldwide zombie outbreak.
    That sounds like something I would actually read. I might have to check it out.

steam_sig.png
  • ZiggymonZiggymon Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Ziggymon wrote: »

I think I speak for everyone when I say that nobody wants your bits.

:winky:

:( oh well.

I have REZ for the Dreamcast PAL for sale £35. Other Excellent retro games for sale PM for details
  • SniperGuySniperGuy Also known as Dohaeris Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2009
    Do the bits include kibbles?

3DS: 2509-1593-4994
    Steam Profile
    PSN ID: Dohaeris210
    Treadmill Desk Twitch Stream : status.php?streamuser=SniperGuy210
  • MightyMighty Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I am filled with woe

but hey at least I banned those dudes m i rite

Jim here check'd yer woe tanks?

The'r bout a quarta empty, son..
    you better git summa that 10-w 40 woe there and fill'er up y'hear?

steam_sig.png
    Gamertag - Mightyvvhitey
  • NitsuaNitsua Newport News, VARegistered User regular
    edited February 2009

Awww, and I was worried I didn't do enough. I had a lot of fun for my first time doing this and very much look forward to doing it again in about ten months or so. What's worse about K7 is that he had the nerve to post about what he got in another thread and still not think of his Santee: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?p=8393174

Yeah, I read what Captain K said and I could have sworn he said that he banned himself too - definitely did a double take and read it right the next time.

Good luck to those who have (and are) secret Easter Bunnies. Can't wait to see the messages and such from that gift giving goodness.

This discussion has been closed.