As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

WH40K: DoW2 multiplayer thread. Now with more jailings!

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    They could actually use the DIFFERENT shit that Chaos has and focus on that. Like Daemons. And Daemon Engines. And Sorcerers. And Marks. And Specialized Squads (Khorne Zerkers are great sure, but how about some fuckin NOISE MARINES. I want some Rock and Roll Chaos Rines people!) And Evil. None of the current races is evil. Orkz just love to fight, Space Marines are bastions of humanities hope, Eldar are... Eldar, and Nids just eat everything. Chaos would be the first outright evil group if they were introduced.

Give Slaanesh a chance, Rock and Roll Marines foreva!

finishedPhantom.jpg

Lord_Asmodeus on
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    delrolanddelroland Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    delroland wrote: »
    I just can't wait for Chaos. Why? Because Chaos is Strong, Chaos is Power, and Chaos is Legion!

http://misspainting.com/pic/chaos_dwarf_warriors_2_1.jpg

Fixed.

FACT: Chaos Dwarves are the best Fantasy army.

"So you guys want to join Chaos? Cool. Which Chaos god did you want to worship? Khorne? Slaanesh is a popular one, too..."

"Nah, we're good; we brought our own."

delroland on
    EVE: Online - the most fun you will ever have not playing a game.
    "Go up, thou bald head." -2 Kings 2:23
  • Options
    GoombaGoomba __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2009
    Pancake wrote: »
    Yeah, they could do something pretty cool with them. Like, hmm. How about a whole army that can cloak and is armed with plasma? That would be pretty cool.
    AKARHAJKHR:KLHARAJRHAJRH

Anyway! Platforms suck because they're basically static emplacements that you hit X when something attacks them. Still, having half of our army be useful would be great!

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Goomba wrote: »

Anyway! Platforms suck because they're basically static emplacements that you hit X when something attacks them. Still, having half of our army be useful would be great!

Well, everyone keeps saying we need to use combined arms now and massing three different units even when you don't use platforms technically is combined arms.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2009

Well, everyone keeps saying we need to use combined arms now and massing three different units even when you don't use platforms technically is combined arms.
    CanisAquilus: the only thing I didnt build was platforms and spiders and shees (and wraithlords)

He could have gotten a wraithlord, but Falcons are better! Also, he only didn't get half of the possible units because the other ones suck.

Open and shut case. emotcolbertrd5.gif

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    SpindriftSpindrift Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Rami wrote: »
    Yeah that's it, I don't consider guardians aspect warriors but they are called as such by the game and in the TT..I can't remember. The point is actual infantry is more enjoyable to use than a floating slab of concrete with a weapon stuck on it.

I think platforms should be made swifter than other armies heavy weaopns, a faster deploy time or something (seriously, it's a platform that floats steadily under it's own power, why you can't just fire it as soon as you stop I have no idea). Not that I'm suggesting they remove deploy time entirely, but something like halving undeploy/deploy time when just pivoting on the spot or something.

You're right about Guardians not being Aspect Warriors. They're basically Eldar civilians doing military service. They don't follow the Path of the Warrior.

Spindrift on
  • Options
    AkiraAkira Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Spindrift wrote: »
    Rami wrote: »
    Yeah that's it, I don't consider guardians aspect warriors but they are called as such by the game and in the TT..I can't remember. The point is actual infantry is more enjoyable to use than a floating slab of concrete with a weapon stuck on it.

I think platforms should be made swifter than other armies heavy weaopns, a faster deploy time or something (seriously, it's a platform that floats steadily under it's own power, why you can't just fire it as soon as you stop I have no idea). Not that I'm suggesting they remove deploy time entirely, but something like halving undeploy/deploy time when just pivoting on the spot or something.

You're right about Guardians not being Aspect Warriors. They're basically Eldar civilians doing military service. They don't follow the Path of the Warrior.

The Storm Guardians, the ones with melee weapons that aren't in DoW2, are retired Howling Banshees and Striking Scorpions (seriously).

Akira on
    akira.gif
  • Options
    CanisAquilusCanisAquilus Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

CanisAquilus: the only thing I didnt build was platforms and spiders and shees (and wraithlords)

He could have gotten a wraithlord, but Falcons are better! Also, he only didn't get half of the possible units because the other ones suck.

Well warpspiders arn't suited for fighting ranged units, falcons are better than wraithlords, and I didnt use plats because certain people were complaining for about 20 pages that plat spam was the only way to win with eldar. ;-)

CanisAquilus on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

Well warpspiders arn't suited for fighting ranged units, falcons are better than wraithlords, and I didnt use plats because certain people were complaining for about 20 pages that plat spam was the only way to win with eldar. ;-)
    Yeah, our entire point is that Eldar units are bad. Warp spiders are also not that good against melee.:!!:

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I think they work excelently against melee if you jump right.

Banshees are unequivicobly terrible though.

CanisAquilus on
  • Options
    JohnDoeJohnDoe Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Most of the races are like that.

Who makes Rocketboys? Kommando Squads? Lootas?

JohnDoe on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

Banshees are unequivicobly terrible though.

Are they? Kinder told me that banshees make excellent defensive melee!

I guess they're defensive because they can barely beat guardians now.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Well I could be wrong. I don't really know what defensive melee means, but they seem like a pretty poor investment to me.

As Doe pointed out though, they're hardly the only unit with that characteristic.

CanisAquilus on
  • Options
    SJSJ College. Forever.Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I didn't get to play at all today or yesterday. Stupid painting of my actual marines.

SJ on
  • Options
    SepahSepah Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    My god Plasma Squads do so much damage. Good thing they fire perhaps once a millennium. You probably could undeploy and redeploy between shots.

I'm a little uncertain of how, exactly, SM deal with Tyranids now. But then, I found out I kinda suck with Sm tonight.

Sepah on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Sepah wrote: »
    My god Plasma Squads do so much damage. Good thing they fire perhaps once a millennium. You probably could undeploy and redeploy between shots.

I'm a little uncertain of how, exactly, SM deal with Tyranids now. But then, I found out I kinda suck with Sm tonight.

Good use of suppression. Plasma cannons. Basically the same way everyone else does. Plus plasma cannons.

Razorbacks and assault cannon dreads tear through them too.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    SladvanSladvan Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

I have had good luck against Nids with flamers. Well, not so much good luck as it wasn't super horrible. Well placed dev suppression and then using the tracker ability is good too. But that works against everything.

Sladvan on
    ken2.png
  • Options
    valiancevaliance Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Well, when they introduce Chaos they could introduce it as the Daemons of Chaos army (its a new army that's out)

I had never heard of these guys so I checked up out on the GW site and ehh. Not that I even play TT or as if DOW2 would require a lot of units, but it seems like they've got little unit variety.

They'd definitely make a very weird and unique army though with troops from all the different gods. It could be very cool if there are enough units out there. It'd be awesome to be able to choose b/w chaos undivided/khorne/nurgle/tzeentch/slaneesh. Maybe as 5 different armies or maybe as a doctrinal choice that also affect unit mix? Could Chaos get 5 heroes? I don't know I like the idea of being able to choose pure armies as well as chaos undivided, but its likely infeasible.

man now I'm really jazzed about Chaos being in the game eventually :D
    Akira wrote: »
    Well, when they introduce Chaos they could introduce it as the Daemons of Chaos army (its a new army that's out)

Chaos Daemons would be much, much preferred to Chaos Space Marines. CSM are so fucking boring it's not even funny.

Yeah but Chaos is super popular, I think it's the second more popular after regular Space Marines. Relic managed to make vanilla marines fairly interesting in DoW2 which is a pretty amazing feat so if anyone can pull off interesting Chaos it'd be them.

Yeah, they could do something pretty cool with them. Like, hmm. How about a whole army that can cloak and is armed with plasma? That would be pretty cool.

is this what they do in TT? :lol: how is that at all fair? o_O hilarious, but only because it sounds so broken

valiance on
  • Options
    JohnDoeJohnDoe Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

Good use of suppression. Plasma cannons. Basically the same way everyone else does. Plus plasma cannons.

Razorbacks and assault cannon dreads tear through them too.

I would avoid relying too much on vehicles against Tyranid, they can tear them apart from range.

JohnDoe on
  • Options
    SJSJ College. Forever.Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Little... little unit variety? Are you crazy? They've got a million different units.

SJ on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Yeah. No. :winky:

You fire, they get into range, jump, they get into range, you flee or die.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2009

You're jumping wrong. Jump further away. (Although I suppose it depends on the unit you're facing but I've had a lot of success against orks with them.)

CanisAquilus on
  • Options
    ShadeShade Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    uhhh... alpha lictor is broken now. He can't attack buildings anymore, if you tell him to he'll turn to face the garrisoned building then just sit there....and die. also won't flee some times...just sit there with the exclamation mark....and then die....

Shade on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Shade wrote: »
    uhhh... alpha lictor is broken now. He can't attack buildings anymore, if you tell him to he'll turn to face the garrisoned building then just sit there....and die. also won't flee some times...just sit there with the exclamation mark....and then die....

It's okay, you have the ravener now. Ellipsis.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2009

You're jumping wrong. Jump further away. (Although I suppose it depends on the unit you're facing but I've had a lot of success against orks with them.)
    That circle made of the dotted lines? That's as far as you can jump. I jumped that far, it was even through rought terrain. :arrow:

Then again, it was against Tyranids. Why even go Lictor now? The other two are so incredibly broken.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    valiancevaliance Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    SJ wrote: »
    Little... little unit variety? Are you crazy? They've got a million different units.

I was looking in the wrong places; yeah they have a fair number of units. I like the idea of being able to choose from 5 heroes (slaneesh/nurgle/khorne/tzeentch/undivided) If each expansion adds a hero/doctrine then by expansion two everyone will be up to 5 and chaos will fit right in :D

valiance on
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Why put chaos in when you could have Tau.

Rami on
    Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    CaenemCaenem Sarasota, FLRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Ok so I checked out Daemons of Chaos cuz it's been a while since I've picked up a White Dwarf or codex.....
    Wow. What a cheap f'ing way to resell the same fantasy miniatures to 40k people. They used to do it before but wow, that codex is just a blatant "here we have some models people aren't buying, make an army with 'em" book. They have maybe 6 new mini's in the entire army. Wow.

Caenem on
    But you, pig, are a lucky one. Tell us what we wish to know, and you may yet keep your bacon.
    Nemlock for online gaming
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Fuck plasma squads when I'm not using them.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    valiance wrote: »
    SJ wrote: »

I was looking in the wrong places; yeah they have a fair number of units. I like the idea of being able to choose from 5 heroes (slaneesh/nurgle/khorne/tzeentch/undivided) If each expansion adds a hero/doctrine then by expansion two everyone will be up to 5 and chaos will fit right in :D

I'd really, really like them to not do that. Adding new armies is enough. Maybe even too much. CoH hasn't been balanced for a long time and it happened when they introduced two new armies with three doctorines each. If they keep adding more even to the existing ones in DoW2, I don't even want to think about what that would probably turn out like.
    valiance wrote: »
    Akira wrote: »

Chaos Daemons would be much, much preferred to Chaos Space Marines. CSM are so fucking boring it's not even funny.

Yeah but Chaos is super popular, I think it's the second more popular after regular Space Marines. Relic managed to make vanilla marines fairly interesting in DoW2 which is a pretty amazing feat so if anyone can pull off interesting Chaos it'd be them.

is this what they do in TT? :lol: how is that at all fair? o_O hilarious, but only because it sounds so broken

It's how they worked in DoW1 after an expansion or two. It was horrible.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I'd love for them to add new races just so everyone bitches about balance.

Oh wait! We do that already!

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    The balancing is certainly a concern, but I'm willing to take the risk for Tau. I think it's pretty likely Chaos and Tau will get in at some point, perhaps IG too.

Rami on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    TraikanTraikan Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I guess whatever got removed in the patch was what I was good at in this game. I haven't won a single game against any non-retarded team since then. Even with 'nids.

*cry*

Traikan on
  • Options
    GalagaGalaxianGalagaGalaxian Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    IG are more likely than Tau IMO.

GalagaGalaxian on
    Remember the compliments you receive, forget the insults; if you succeed in doing this, tell me how.
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    METAL BOXES

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Tau are awesome and they're practically designed for this game. A mix between Eldar and SM, just the right amount and variation of units in the TT to be placed into DoWII. Works very well with the 7-9 squad design.

IG technically should have about 15 people per squad, it seems like it would be a tight squeeze but..you're probably right. I'll be pretty angry about it though.

Rami on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    IG should have each squad be about the size of a ripper squad and be as tiny.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I really think the last thing the game needs right now is another swarm army.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    SladvanSladvan Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    They should just make them all Catachans.

Sladvan on
    ken2.png
  • Options
    GalagaGalaxianGalagaGalaxian Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I know they're a human meatgrinder force but they don't have to be a fricking swarm army, make them about as numerous as Guardian squads, plus a member or two for the standard grunts.

GalagaGalaxian on
    Remember the compliments you receive, forget the insults; if you succeed in doing this, tell me how.