Don't like the snow? You can make a bookmark with the following text instead of a url: javascript:snowStorm.toggleSnow(). Clicking it will toggle the snow on and off.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

First 100 Days: Day 19 - Legal Conference. Without blackjack nor hookers.

14142444647

Posts

  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    psychotix wrote: »
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    Speaker wrote: »
    Souless vipers?

    Because they want to lean harder on tax cuts and don't believe in demand side economics?

    Some of them are just myopic and/or stupid. Some of them probably don't think tax cuts will do shit, but are scared of their constituents. And some of them are probably just trying to fuck the Dems, country be damned.

    The last group are soulless vipers. The rest are simply cowards or dipshits.

    I can get behind fucking the Dems after watching Obama mania... I voted for the dude, but I want to see him crash and burn massively after watching the fanatics group behind him.

    :|
    I thought the religious right was out of hand.... now I might have found a worse group.

    O_o

    tea-1.jpg
  • psychotixpsychotix __BANNED USERS
    edited February 2009
    moniker wrote: »
    psychotix wrote: »
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    Speaker wrote: »
    Souless vipers?

    Because they want to lean harder on tax cuts and don't believe in demand side economics?

    Some of them are just myopic and/or stupid. Some of them probably don't think tax cuts will do shit, but are scared of their constituents. And some of them are probably just trying to fuck the Dems, country be damned.

    The last group are soulless vipers. The rest are simply cowards or dipshits.

    I can get behind fucking the Dems after watching Obama mania... I voted for the dude, but I want to see him crash and burn massively after watching the fanatics group behind him.

    :|
    I thought the religious right was out of hand.... now I might have found a worse group.

    O_o

    I'm saying that Obama maniacs are just as screwy as the religious right. And they scare the crap out of me.

  • SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    psychotix wrote: »
    [

    Comes naturally.

    I have to deal with people screaming the praises of Jesus, err Obama, day in and day out. They are worse then the Christian nut jobs I've dealt with, and I'd say, from the ones I have to deal with, bigger fanatics.

    I don't want to see the country go to shit. But I can get behind fucking the dems over to get my jollies at watching those idiots world shattered along with their dreams. Watching first time voters, that don't know jack, get completely fed up and done with our political system would be icing on the cake. I'd grow a big rubbery one watching those idiots moan and bitch when it all comes crashing down on their heads.

    Watching Obamamania reminds of NK propaganda. And I'd love to watch it implode.

    Now Mr. Pot, it's not nice to talk to Mr. Kettle like that.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • DuffelDuffel Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    psychotix wrote: »
    I'm saying that Obama maniacs are just as screwy as the religious right. And they scare the crap out of me.
    When you say things like "People's suffering gives me a boner" you lose your right to say other people are creepy.

  • theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    psychotix wrote: »
    moniker wrote: »
    psychotix wrote: »
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    Speaker wrote: »
    Souless vipers?

    Because they want to lean harder on tax cuts and don't believe in demand side economics?

    Some of them are just myopic and/or stupid. Some of them probably don't think tax cuts will do shit, but are scared of their constituents. And some of them are probably just trying to fuck the Dems, country be damned.

    The last group are soulless vipers. The rest are simply cowards or dipshits.

    I can get behind fucking the Dems after watching Obama mania... I voted for the dude, but I want to see him crash and burn massively after watching the fanatics group behind him.

    :|
    I thought the religious right was out of hand.... now I might have found a worse group.

    O_o

    I'm saying that Obama maniacs are just as screwy as the religious right. And they scare the crap out of me.

    You don't remember the religious right, do you? The fuckwits at Palin rallies screaming "KILL HIM" and calling everyone on the left wing "socialist communist terrorist-sympathisers".

    You know what? Fuck you, you're clearly just trolling for lack of a better argument.

    I had sex with the Ecumenical Patriarch and he infected me with syphilis
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    psychotix wrote: »
    moniker wrote: »
    psychotix wrote: »
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    Speaker wrote: »
    Souless vipers?

    Because they want to lean harder on tax cuts and don't believe in demand side economics?

    Some of them are just myopic and/or stupid. Some of them probably don't think tax cuts will do shit, but are scared of their constituents. And some of them are probably just trying to fuck the Dems, country be damned.

    The last group are soulless vipers. The rest are simply cowards or dipshits.

    I can get behind fucking the Dems after watching Obama mania... I voted for the dude, but I want to see him crash and burn massively after watching the fanatics group behind him.

    :|
    I thought the religious right was out of hand.... now I might have found a worse group.

    O_o

    I'm saying that Obama maniacs are just as screwy as the religious right. And they scare the crap out of me.

    We must live in exceptionally different parts of the country, then. Which is odd as I live by Chicago and we're fairly proud of our 'favourite son.' Then again, people who want the world to burn out of spite seem rather screwy to me, if not frightening.

    tea-1.jpg
  • KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    psychotix wrote: »
    psychotix wrote: »
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    Speaker wrote: »
    Souless vipers?

    Because they want to lean harder on tax cuts and don't believe in demand side economics?

    Some of them are just myopic and/or stupid. Some of them probably don't think tax cuts will do shit, but are scared of their constituents. And some of them are probably just trying to fuck the Dems, country be damned.

    The last group are soulless vipers. The rest are simply cowards or dipshits.

    I can get behind fucking the Dems after watching Obama mania... I voted for the dude, but I want to see him crash and burn massively after watching the fanatics group behind him.

    I thought the religious right was out of hand.... now I might have found a worse group.

    Do you try to live up to your name, or does it come naturally to you? You're worse than Rush - at least he has some rational (if outright evil) reasons for why he wants Obama to fail. You just want to see the country go into a tailspin just out of spite.

    Comes naturally.

    I have to deal with people screaming the praises of Jesus, err Obama, day in and day out. They are worse then the Christian nut jobs I've dealt with, and I'd say, from the ones I have to deal with, bigger fanatics.

    I don't want to see the country go to shit. But I can get behind fucking the dems over to get my jollies at watching those idiots world shattered along with their dreams. Watching first time voters, that don't know jack, get completely fed up and done with our political system would be icing on the cake. I'd grow a big rubbery one watching those idiots moan and bitch when it all comes crashing down on their heads.

    Watching Obamamania reminds of NK propaganda. And I'd love to watch it implode.

    That is a fucking weird attitude, assuming I've read you right. To me it seems you are gunning for people to get so badly burned they just fuck off out of voting or getting involved in politics.

    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • KalTorakKalTorak Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Clearly Obama (and the country) should be punished for the fact that some people like him for irrational reasons.

  • psychotixpsychotix __BANNED USERS
    edited February 2009
    Kalkino wrote: »
    psychotix wrote: »
    psychotix wrote: »
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    Speaker wrote: »
    Souless vipers?

    Because they want to lean harder on tax cuts and don't believe in demand side economics?

    Some of them are just myopic and/or stupid. Some of them probably don't think tax cuts will do shit, but are scared of their constituents. And some of them are probably just trying to fuck the Dems, country be damned.

    The last group are soulless vipers. The rest are simply cowards or dipshits.

    I can get behind fucking the Dems after watching Obama mania... I voted for the dude, but I want to see him crash and burn massively after watching the fanatics group behind him.

    I thought the religious right was out of hand.... now I might have found a worse group.

    Do you try to live up to your name, or does it come naturally to you? You're worse than Rush - at least he has some rational (if outright evil) reasons for why he wants Obama to fail. You just want to see the country go into a tailspin just out of spite.

    Comes naturally.

    I have to deal with people screaming the praises of Jesus, err Obama, day in and day out. They are worse then the Christian nut jobs I've dealt with, and I'd say, from the ones I have to deal with, bigger fanatics.

    I don't want to see the country go to shit. But I can get behind fucking the dems over to get my jollies at watching those idiots world shattered along with their dreams. Watching first time voters, that don't know jack, get completely fed up and done with our political system would be icing on the cake. I'd grow a big rubbery one watching those idiots moan and bitch when it all comes crashing down on their heads.

    Watching Obamamania reminds of NK propaganda. And I'd love to watch it implode.

    That is a fucking weird attitude, assuming I've read you right. To me it seems you are gunning for people to get so badly burned they just fuck off out of voting or getting involved in politics.

    Pretty much.

    The entire netroots organization and non stop emails to mail your senator if he doesn't go with Obama doesn't sit well with me. It's hard to put a finger on it, but something is just off here, really off. Plus the fanatical support for him. It seems like we are building a zombie political movement, much like what the right did with the religious nut jobs, just this one is moving at light speed.

  • ArgusArgus Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    So you're in favor of massive tax cuts... what? So when China invested in its infrastructure it's a protectionist measure that will lead to countries not trading with them?

    You're not disputing anything I said, you're talking about things I never mention, giving everyone money to buy a foreign made product does very little to help the economy short term, and that's even if they do decide to spend that money. If they use food stamps the money is immediately dispersed within the envelope of our economy.

    I'm not suggesting we stop foreign trade or any of that nonsense, why would you think I was suggesting that? I was suggesting that an economic stimulus designed to stimulate the American economy should be spent in America. Nothing more.

    I don't know where you get the idea that I'm for tax cuts, I was just talking about how we have to be careful with stuff like the "Buy American" provision because we could risk worsening the recession if we look protectionist, because your last line sounded like some of the arguments for the "Buy American" provision.


    I wasn't talking about any of the other arguments or things you were talking about, so maybe it was a little off.

    pasigsizedu5.jpg
  • GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    psychotix, rooting for people to become disillusioned with the political process to the point where they refuse to participate in it is a horrible, reprehensible thing to root for.

    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • s3rial ones3rial one Registered User
    edited February 2009
    Ponge wrote: »
    I only get Fox news over here (which I hate) so I'm getting a pretty biased view on the whole shebang. What is everyones opinion on all these other things that are in the bill such as Digital TV boxes and environmental funding for global warming research etc. They keep harping on about how only 20% of the bill is actually going to stimulate the economy and the other 80% is for building swimming pools and gun ranges in small towns.

    Are they just talking a load of shite?

    For some idiotic reason, creating substantial and immediate demand for jobs in a country that's desperately in need of them is not considered economically stimulating to some people (of questionable intelligence). I think that's the gist of that criticism.

    Basically, they're looking at gun ranges and swimming pools and seeing two things:

    1) We don't need gun ranges and swimming pools.
    2) The government is spending money on gun ranges and swimming pools.

    Therefore, the government is spending money on things we don't need.

    They're completely fucking missing (or are incapable of understanding) the nuanced view, which looks more like this:

    1) We don't need gun ranges and swimming pools.
    2) The government is spending money on gun ranges and swimming pools.
    3) But gun ranges and swimming pools improve our society.
    4) Gun ranges and swimming pools require labor to build.
    5) Much of our economic situation is caused by lack of demand for labor.
    6) Our economic situation can be improved - substantially - by increasing demand for labor.

    Therefore, the government is directly spending money on things we don't need in order to indirectly generate labor demand, which we do need.

    This is to say nothing about the long-term benefits of having more swimming pools and gun ranges, additional revenue streams, and improving the temperament of the country to a degree that people won't be afraid to spend anymore.

    I guess what I'm trying to say is that the people arguing that tax breaks are the solution (as opposed to certain types of tax breaks being part of the solution) are doing the political equivalent of some heavy-duty loom smashing.

    EDIT: And I'm conceding the "don't need" part for the sake of argument. Infrastructural spending is absolutely necessary, but it's very easy to say that you don't need to spend on it until shit is breaking and falling apart, and that's exactly what we've been doing.

  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    psychotix wrote: »
    Pretty much.

    The entire netroots organization and non stop emails to mail your senator if he doesn't go with Obama doesn't sit well with me. It's hard to put a finger on it, but something is just off here, really off. Plus the fanatical support for him. It seems like we are building a zombie political movement, much like what the right did with the religious nut jobs, just this one is moving at light speed.

    I'm just not seeing it. Maybe it's because I consider the fact that most people don't ever write their Congressional Representatives to be a pox on numerous houses and ultimately delegitimizing of the government. Also, what 'fanatical' support are you talking about?

    tea-1.jpg
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    psychotix wrote: »
    Pretty much.

    The entire netroots organization and non stop emails to mail your senator if he doesn't go with Obama doesn't sit well with me. It's hard to put a finger on it, but something is just off here, really off. Plus the fanatical support for him. It seems like we are building a zombie political movement, much like what the right did with the religious nut jobs, just this one is moving at light speed.

    That's because you suck at interpretation of motives. They're e-mailing their Senators because (gasp!) after supporting Obama's agenda throughout the primary and general elections, these people would like to see that agenda enacted. Your problem is with people being involved in the democratic process.

    Lose: to suffer defeat, to misplace (Ex: "I hope I don't lose the match." "Did you lose your phone again?")
    Loose: about to slip, to release (Ex: "That knot is loose." "Loose arrows.")
  • psychotixpsychotix __BANNED USERS
    edited February 2009
    psychotix wrote: »
    Pretty much.

    The entire netroots organization and non stop emails to mail your senator if he doesn't go with Obama doesn't sit well with me. It's hard to put a finger on it, but something is just off here, really off. Plus the fanatical support for him. It seems like we are building a zombie political movement, much like what the right did with the religious nut jobs, just this one is moving at light speed.

    That's because you suck at interpretation of motives. They're e-mailing their Senators because (gasp!) after supporting Obama's agenda throughout the primary and general elections, these people would like to see that agenda enacted. Your problem is with people being involved in the democratic process.

    Nope. My problem is with people that don't know jack about it going gaga over him like the fundies went over Palin... it's the same sort of mania. Just now they are mobilized with non stop texts and emails to get their crazy on.

    This is bad.

  • QuidQuid The Fifth Horseman Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    psychotix wrote: »
    psychotix wrote: »
    Pretty much.

    The entire netroots organization and non stop emails to mail your senator if he doesn't go with Obama doesn't sit well with me. It's hard to put a finger on it, but something is just off here, really off. Plus the fanatical support for him. It seems like we are building a zombie political movement, much like what the right did with the religious nut jobs, just this one is moving at light speed.

    That's because you suck at interpretation of motives. They're e-mailing their Senators because (gasp!) after supporting Obama's agenda throughout the primary and general elections, these people would like to see that agenda enacted. Your problem is with people being involved in the democratic process.

    Nope. My problem is with people that don't know jack about it going gaga over him like the fundies went over Palin... it's the same sort of mania. Just now they are mobilized with non stop texts and emails to get their crazy on.

    This is bad.
    They can quite simply ignore their constituent's e-mails.

    Not sure how well that would work out for them though.

    PSN: allenquid
  • RustRust __BANNED USERS
    edited February 2009
    psychotix wrote: »
    psychotix wrote: »
    Pretty much.

    The entire netroots organization and non stop emails to mail your senator if he doesn't go with Obama doesn't sit well with me. It's hard to put a finger on it, but something is just off here, really off. Plus the fanatical support for him. It seems like we are building a zombie political movement, much like what the right did with the religious nut jobs, just this one is moving at light speed.

    That's because you suck at interpretation of motives. They're e-mailing their Senators because (gasp!) after supporting Obama's agenda throughout the primary and general elections, these people would like to see that agenda enacted. Your problem is with people being involved in the democratic process.

    Nope. My problem is with people that don't know jack about it going gaga over him like the fundies went over Palin... it's the same sort of mania. Just now they are mobilized with non stop texts and emails to get their crazy on.

    This is bad.

    You really do like to pick the most stone-cold retarded position held by fifteen-year olds and hold onto it by your teeth, don't you?

    This strange and terrifying phenomenon you're talking about is called "enthusiasm." It might hurt a little to wrap your mind around the concept, but just hang in there.

  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Quid wrote: »
    psychotix wrote: »
    psychotix wrote: »
    Pretty much.

    The entire netroots organization and non stop emails to mail your senator if he doesn't go with Obama doesn't sit well with me. It's hard to put a finger on it, but something is just off here, really off. Plus the fanatical support for him. It seems like we are building a zombie political movement, much like what the right did with the religious nut jobs, just this one is moving at light speed.

    That's because you suck at interpretation of motives. They're e-mailing their Senators because (gasp!) after supporting Obama's agenda throughout the primary and general elections, these people would like to see that agenda enacted. Your problem is with people being involved in the democratic process.

    Nope. My problem is with people that don't know jack about it going gaga over him like the fundies went over Palin... it's the same sort of mania. Just now they are mobilized with non stop texts and emails to get their crazy on.

    This is bad.
    They can quite simply ignore their constituent's e-mails.

    Not sure how well that would work out for them though.

    Relatively well, though they never truly ignore the correspondence. You'll get a form letter or boilerplate e-mail in response to your 'interest' in whatever. If they actually care about how people feel regarding something there's a poll service out there with the stats for 'em. Not to mention simply how secure your district is so that you can do whatever you want or just need to toe the party line and explain it with their talking points in 30 seconds or less.

    tea-1.jpg
  • override367override367 misogynist/MRA/socially irresponsible Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Duffel wrote: »
    psychotix wrote: »
    I'm saying that Obama maniacs are just as screwy as the religious right. And they scare the crap out of me.
    When you say things like "People's suffering gives me a boner" you lose your right to say other people are creepy.

    Round 2 of "Sociopath or Forum Troll"

    XBLIVE: Biggestoverride
    League of Legends: override367
  • Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA
    edited February 2009
    Rust wrote: »
    psychotix wrote: »
    psychotix wrote: »
    Pretty much.

    The entire netroots organization and non stop emails to mail your senator if he doesn't go with Obama doesn't sit well with me. It's hard to put a finger on it, but something is just off here, really off. Plus the fanatical support for him. It seems like we are building a zombie political movement, much like what the right did with the religious nut jobs, just this one is moving at light speed.

    That's because you suck at interpretation of motives. They're e-mailing their Senators because (gasp!) after supporting Obama's agenda throughout the primary and general elections, these people would like to see that agenda enacted. Your problem is with people being involved in the democratic process.

    Nope. My problem is with people that don't know jack about it going gaga over him like the fundies went over Palin... it's the same sort of mania. Just now they are mobilized with non stop texts and emails to get their crazy on.

    This is bad.

    You really do like to pick the most stone-cold retarded position held by fifteen-year olds and hold onto it by your teeth, don't you?

    This strange and terrifying phenomenon you're talking about is called "enthusiasm." It might hurt a little to wrap your mind around the concept, but just hang in there.

    Dude is trolling, nothing more. He wants to see people's dreams crushed for no other reason than they're involved in the process. Fuck him.

    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • RustRust __BANNED USERS
    edited February 2009
    Rust wrote: »
    psychotix wrote: »
    psychotix wrote: »
    Pretty much.

    The entire netroots organization and non stop emails to mail your senator if he doesn't go with Obama doesn't sit well with me. It's hard to put a finger on it, but something is just off here, really off. Plus the fanatical support for him. It seems like we are building a zombie political movement, much like what the right did with the religious nut jobs, just this one is moving at light speed.

    That's because you suck at interpretation of motives. They're e-mailing their Senators because (gasp!) after supporting Obama's agenda throughout the primary and general elections, these people would like to see that agenda enacted. Your problem is with people being involved in the democratic process.

    Nope. My problem is with people that don't know jack about it going gaga over him like the fundies went over Palin... it's the same sort of mania. Just now they are mobilized with non stop texts and emails to get their crazy on.

    This is bad.

    You really do like to pick the most stone-cold retarded position held by fifteen-year olds and hold onto it by your teeth, don't you?

    This strange and terrifying phenomenon you're talking about is called "enthusiasm." It might hurt a little to wrap your mind around the concept, but just hang in there.

    Dude is trolling, nothing more. He wants to see people's dreams crushed for no other reason than they're involved in the process. Fuck him.

    No, he's like this pretty much everywhere. Like the whaling thread, where he's calling any meat-eaters that denounce whaling a great big hypocrite.

    The guy's pretty much the aggregate personification of That One Dude From High School (You Know the One).

  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Duffel wrote: »
    psychotix wrote: »
    I'm saying that Obama maniacs are just as screwy as the religious right. And they scare the crap out of me.
    When you say things like "People's suffering gives me a boner" you lose your right to say other people are creepy.

    Round 2 of "Sociopath or Forum Troll"

    Is this like the exciting game of "Bush: Evil or Stupid?"

    Lose: to suffer defeat, to misplace (Ex: "I hope I don't lose the match." "Did you lose your phone again?")
    Loose: about to slip, to release (Ex: "That knot is loose." "Loose arrows.")
  • SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Duffel wrote: »
    psychotix wrote: »
    I'm saying that Obama maniacs are just as screwy as the religious right. And they scare the crap out of me.
    When you say things like "People's suffering gives me a boner" you lose your right to say other people are creepy.

    Round 2 of "Sociopath or Forum Troll"

    Is this like the exciting game of "Bush: Evil or Stupid?"

    yeah, in that they are each both.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • psychotixpsychotix __BANNED USERS
    edited February 2009
    moniker wrote: »
    Quid wrote: »
    psychotix wrote: »
    psychotix wrote: »
    Pretty much.

    The entire netroots organization and non stop emails to mail your senator if he doesn't go with Obama doesn't sit well with me. It's hard to put a finger on it, but something is just off here, really off. Plus the fanatical support for him. It seems like we are building a zombie political movement, much like what the right did with the religious nut jobs, just this one is moving at light speed.

    That's because you suck at interpretation of motives. They're e-mailing their Senators because (gasp!) after supporting Obama's agenda throughout the primary and general elections, these people would like to see that agenda enacted. Your problem is with people being involved in the democratic process.

    Nope. My problem is with people that don't know jack about it going gaga over him like the fundies went over Palin... it's the same sort of mania. Just now they are mobilized with non stop texts and emails to get their crazy on.

    This is bad.
    They can quite simply ignore their constituent's e-mails.

    Not sure how well that would work out for them though.

    Relatively well, though they never truly ignore the correspondence. You'll get a form letter or boilerplate e-mail in response to your 'interest' in whatever. If they actually care about how people feel regarding something there's a poll service out there with the stats for 'em. Not to mention simply how secure your district is so that you can do whatever you want or just need to toe the party line and explain it with their talking points in 30 seconds or less.

    They will pay attention when they get blasted by a ton of emails.

    When you have a political organization, that is now blasting everybody who donated to them through a list of farmed emails, to email bomb their senator if he doesn't snap to and salute, there is a problem. That's what's going on now.

  • SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    psychotix wrote: »
    moniker wrote: »
    Quid wrote: »
    psychotix wrote: »
    psychotix wrote: »
    Pretty much.

    The entire netroots organization and non stop emails to mail your senator if he doesn't go with Obama doesn't sit well with me. It's hard to put a finger on it, but something is just off here, really off. Plus the fanatical support for him. It seems like we are building a zombie political movement, much like what the right did with the religious nut jobs, just this one is moving at light speed.

    That's because you suck at interpretation of motives. They're e-mailing their Senators because (gasp!) after supporting Obama's agenda throughout the primary and general elections, these people would like to see that agenda enacted. Your problem is with people being involved in the democratic process.

    Nope. My problem is with people that don't know jack about it going gaga over him like the fundies went over Palin... it's the same sort of mania. Just now they are mobilized with non stop texts and emails to get their crazy on.

    This is bad.
    They can quite simply ignore their constituent's e-mails.

    Not sure how well that would work out for them though.

    Relatively well, though they never truly ignore the correspondence. You'll get a form letter or boilerplate e-mail in response to your 'interest' in whatever. If they actually care about how people feel regarding something there's a poll service out there with the stats for 'em. Not to mention simply how secure your district is so that you can do whatever you want or just need to toe the party line and explain it with their talking points in 30 seconds or less.

    They will pay attention when they get blasted by a ton of emails.

    When you have a political organization, that is now blasting everybody who donated to them through a list of farmed emails, to email bomb their senator if he doesn't snap to and salute, there is a problem. That's what's going on now.

    That "problem" is called the fucking political process you miserable sack of stupid.

    If you want change, you CONTACT YOUR FUCKING REPRESENTATIVE.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    But Obama supporters are mindless cultists, Sentry! Everyone knows that!

    /Hannity

    Lose: to suffer defeat, to misplace (Ex: "I hope I don't lose the match." "Did you lose your phone again?")
    Loose: about to slip, to release (Ex: "That knot is loose." "Loose arrows.")
  • psychotixpsychotix __BANNED USERS
    edited February 2009
    Sentry wrote: »
    psychotix wrote: »
    moniker wrote: »
    Quid wrote: »
    psychotix wrote: »
    psychotix wrote: »
    Pretty much.

    The entire netroots organization and non stop emails to mail your senator if he doesn't go with Obama doesn't sit well with me. It's hard to put a finger on it, but something is just off here, really off. Plus the fanatical support for him. It seems like we are building a zombie political movement, much like what the right did with the religious nut jobs, just this one is moving at light speed.

    That's because you suck at interpretation of motives. They're e-mailing their Senators because (gasp!) after supporting Obama's agenda throughout the primary and general elections, these people would like to see that agenda enacted. Your problem is with people being involved in the democratic process.

    Nope. My problem is with people that don't know jack about it going gaga over him like the fundies went over Palin... it's the same sort of mania. Just now they are mobilized with non stop texts and emails to get their crazy on.

    This is bad.
    They can quite simply ignore their constituent's e-mails.

    Not sure how well that would work out for them though.

    Relatively well, though they never truly ignore the correspondence. You'll get a form letter or boilerplate e-mail in response to your 'interest' in whatever. If they actually care about how people feel regarding something there's a poll service out there with the stats for 'em. Not to mention simply how secure your district is so that you can do whatever you want or just need to toe the party line and explain it with their talking points in 30 seconds or less.

    They will pay attention when they get blasted by a ton of emails.

    When you have a political organization, that is now blasting everybody who donated to them through a list of farmed emails, to email bomb their senator if he doesn't snap to and salute, there is a problem. That's what's going on now.

    That "problem" is called the fucking political process you miserable sack of stupid.

    If you want change, you CONTACT YOUR FUCKING REPRESENTATIVE.

    CONTACT YOUR REPRESENTATIVE WITH THESE EXACT TALKING POINTS SENT TO YOU BY OBAMA, DO THIS OR YOU ARE NOT PART OF THE PROCESS, ALL MUST BE AS WE SAY

  • Professor PhobosProfessor Phobos Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    psychotix wrote: »
    moniker wrote: »
    Quid wrote: »
    psychotix wrote: »
    psychotix wrote: »
    Pretty much.

    The entire netroots organization and non stop emails to mail your senator if he doesn't go with Obama doesn't sit well with me. It's hard to put a finger on it, but something is just off here, really off. Plus the fanatical support for him. It seems like we are building a zombie political movement, much like what the right did with the religious nut jobs, just this one is moving at light speed.

    That's because you suck at interpretation of motives. They're e-mailing their Senators because (gasp!) after supporting Obama's agenda throughout the primary and general elections, these people would like to see that agenda enacted. Your problem is with people being involved in the democratic process.

    Nope. My problem is with people that don't know jack about it going gaga over him like the fundies went over Palin... it's the same sort of mania. Just now they are mobilized with non stop texts and emails to get their crazy on.

    This is bad.
    They can quite simply ignore their constituent's e-mails.

    Not sure how well that would work out for them though.

    Relatively well, though they never truly ignore the correspondence. You'll get a form letter or boilerplate e-mail in response to your 'interest' in whatever. If they actually care about how people feel regarding something there's a poll service out there with the stats for 'em. Not to mention simply how secure your district is so that you can do whatever you want or just need to toe the party line and explain it with their talking points in 30 seconds or less.

    They will pay attention when they get blasted by a ton of emails.

    When you have a political organization, that is now blasting everybody who donated to them through a list of farmed emails, to email bomb their senator if he doesn't snap to and salute, there is a problem. That's what's going on now.

    Uh, this is actually quite normal.

  • agoajagoaj Hey You Pichu I don't like your girlfriendRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Obama's greatest weapon...
    The CC field.

    aqOYSK0.gif
  • QuidQuid The Fifth Horseman Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Wah, people are taking part in government.

    PSN: allenquid
  • SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    psychotix wrote: »

    CONTACT YOUR REPRESENTATIVE WITH THESE EXACT TALKING POINTS SENT TO YOU BY OBAMA, DO THIS OR YOU ARE NOT PART OF THE PROCESS, ALL MUST BE AS WE SAY

    Oh, yeah, I totally forgot that people who know how to work a computer and contribute to a political campaign suddenly can't figure out what they are for and against.

    Seriously, I know you think you're better then the entire electorate, but you could not be more wrong if you tried.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    psychotix wrote: »
    They will pay attention when they get blasted by a ton of emails.

    Says you. I've always found that someone's constituents only get trotted out to be used as a shield from criticism.
    When you have a political organization, that is now blasting everybody who donated to them through a list of farmed emails, to email bomb their senator if he doesn't snap to and salute, there is a problem. That's what's going on now.

    People are becoming involved in the political process. How...horrible?

    tea-1.jpg
  • psychotixpsychotix __BANNED USERS
    edited February 2009
    moniker wrote: »
    psychotix wrote: »
    They will pay attention when they get blasted by a ton of emails.

    Says you. I've always found that someone's constituents only get trotted out to be used as a shield from criticism.
    When you have a political organization, that is now blasting everybody who donated to them through a list of farmed emails, to email bomb their senator if he doesn't snap to and salute, there is a problem. That's what's going on now.

    People are becoming involved in the political process. How...horrible?

    The people are nothing more than robots. "oh Obama email, go gagagagagaa, email my senator, place form response in, yay I'm political", nope they are all retards.

    You will OBEY the Obama, you will DO AS THE EMAIL commands, and they do!

    If I could take back my vote I would.

    I've gotten an actual response from my senator before, so I think they do respond and not just trot people out.

  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    agoaj wrote: »
    Obama's greatest weapon...
    The CC field.

    Well, that and the electorate apparently. The fools, why did they ever give non-land owning white males the vote?

    tea-1.jpg
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    psychotix wrote: »
    moniker wrote: »
    psychotix wrote: »
    They will pay attention when they get blasted by a ton of emails.

    Says you. I've always found that someone's constituents only get trotted out to be used as a shield from criticism.
    When you have a political organization, that is now blasting everybody who donated to them through a list of farmed emails, to email bomb their senator if he doesn't snap to and salute, there is a problem. That's what's going on now.

    People are becoming involved in the political process. How...horrible?

    The people are nothing more than robots. "oh Obama email, go gagagagagaa, email my senator, place form response in, yay I'm political", nope they are all retards.

    You will OBEY the Obama, you will DO AS THE EMAIL commands, and they do!

    If I could take back my vote I would.

    Oh, I see. It's not that you hate how people are getting involved it's that you hate people. That would certainly make a Democratic Republic less enjoyable.

    tea-1.jpg
  • QuidQuid The Fifth Horseman Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    psychotix wrote: »
    You will OBEY the Obama, you will DO AS THE EMAIL commands, and they do!
    Cite please.

    PSN: allenquid
  • SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    psychotix wrote: »
    moniker wrote: »
    psychotix wrote: »
    They will pay attention when they get blasted by a ton of emails.

    Says you. I've always found that someone's constituents only get trotted out to be used as a shield from criticism.
    When you have a political organization, that is now blasting everybody who donated to them through a list of farmed emails, to email bomb their senator if he doesn't snap to and salute, there is a problem. That's what's going on now.

    People are becoming involved in the political process. How...horrible?

    The people are nothing more than robots. "oh Obama email, go gagagagagaa, email my senator, place form response in, yay I'm political", nope they are all retards.

    You will OBEY the Obama, you will DO AS THE EMAIL commands, and they do!

    If I could take back my vote I would.

    I've gotten an actual response from my senator before, so I think they do respond and not just trot people out.

    I wish you could take back your vote too. The fact that I am in any way associated with such a miserable excuse for a human being as yourself kind of fills me with disgust.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • His CorkinessHis Corkiness Registered User
    edited February 2009
    psychotix wrote: »
    If I could take back my vote I would.
    Thankfully your vote is worth no more than anyone else's.

  • BitstreamBitstream Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Man, I am a giant misanthrope and even I think Psychotix is horrible.

  • Professor PhobosProfessor Phobos Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Man I don't even read those e-mails anymore. I got shit to do. And it is not like I can be penalized by not acting on their request. There's no secret police dispatched by the Obama HQ to force me to send an e-mail to J. Random Senator.

This discussion has been closed.