As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

this said something about batman before i accidentally edited it

FAQFAQ Registered User regular
edited March 2007 in Social Entropy++
So Aaron Eckhart is Havey Dent here's a little linkaroo to keep you fellas happy http://www.batman-on-film.com/batmovienews.html

FAQ on

• Carl with a KCarl with a K Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I LIKE

ILIKE.png

edit: what the hell img tags arent working

IMPACT FONT

Carl with a K on
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Personally, I think this news is FUCKING AWESOME.

Though I still wish Phillip Seymour Hoffman was gonna be The Penguin.

Because, seriously, goddamn.

Poorochondriac on
  • FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    This news has been floating around the internet for a few days now (2), i'm surprised it hasn't been picked up here. anyways it's a fine choice in my opinion

FAQ on
    edited February 2007
    Personally, I think this news is FUCKING AWESOME.

Though I still wish Phillip Seymour Hoffman was gonna be The Penguin.

Because, seriously, goddamn.

Yeah, man i love the Penguin. As a bad guy he makes the least amount of sense, but he's so damn classy

FAQ on
    edited February 2007
    FAQ wrote: »
    Yeah, man i love the Penguin. As a bad guy he makes the least amount of sense, but he's so damn classy

Plus, PHLLIP SEYMOUR HOFFMAN.

Poorochondriac on
    edited February 2007
    Plus, PHLLIP SEYMOUR HOFFMAN.

he is a beautiful man

FAQ on
    edited February 2007
    he is a beautiful man

He is in my Top Five Actors.

Other entrants include William H. Macy, Steve Buscemi, Edward Norton, Paul Giamatti, and Brad Pitt (Fuck you, don't judge me)

Poorochondriac on
  • satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    that is a really good casting choice.

also what the hey it's pooro. neat.

satansfingers on
    edited February 2007
    that is a really good casting choice.

also what the hey it's pooro. neat.

Yeah, I've been posting again for a little bit now. To tell you the god's honest, I'm surprised this many folks remember me.

Poorochondriac on
    edited February 2007
    you're a good dude

plus the killer mane of hair

satansfingers on
    edited February 2007
    Tragically, it has been cut short.

Though I now get MORE Topher Grace comparisons than before, however that works.

Poorochondriac on
    edited February 2007
    once i grew a beard people started saying i look like all sorts of people. i don't look like any of them, i'm just a white guy with a short brown/red beard and then they compared me to every celebrity ever who fit those characteristics.

satansfingers on
  • MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    This news has been floating around the internet for a few days now (2), i'm surprised it hasn't been picked up here. anyways it's a fine choice in my opinion

It probably would have been up here had the forums not been shut down for a week.

Marathon on
  • DrIanMalcolmDrIanMalcolm Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    The casting in this movie is amazing so far

DrIanMalcolm on
  • HarrierHarrier The Star Spangled Man Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    This is gonna be awesome.

Also can we have bigger sigs now? It's looking like bigger sigs are go.

Harrier on
    I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited February 2007
    What happened to Jamie Foxx?!?!

Garlic Bread on
  • beefbeef Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    This is good. I thought Liev Schreiber would have been a good choice as well.

beef on
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2007
    Aaron Eckhart is an excellent choice. Not only does he look the part he is a really, really good actor.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • BorfaseBorfase __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2007
    man i was hoping it would be guy pearce

Borfase on
    duhhhh i like spaghetti-o's lolz
  • MenaceMenace regular
    edited February 2007
    He is in my Top Five Actors.

Other entrants include William H. Macy, Steve Buscemi, Edward Norton, Paul Giamatti, and Brad Pitt (Fuck you, don't judge me)

that's six actors

Menace on
  • RedeemerRedeemer Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Aaron Eckhart is damn hot

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
  • rockmonkeyrockmonkey Little RockRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    good choice. Lets hope they stick with the good choices too.

rockmonkey on
    NEWrockzomb80.jpg
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I refuse to comment on this movie until I hear that Heath Ledger has been getting laugh lessons from Mark Hamill.

Bloods End on
  • MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Don't even bother with the lessons, just dub over his laugh with Hamill doing it.

Marathon on
  • CheetoCheeto Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Now only if they could figure out how to get rid of Katie Holmes' character without recasting. Because recasting is fucking terrible, no matter who it is.

Cheeto on
    Geebs is a dick and made me change my sig.
    Batman_Sig_by_Merit13.jpg
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    agreed cheeto.

I like this casting tho. very much. can't wait for this goddamn movie.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Cheeto wrote: »
    Now only if they could figure out how to get rid of Katie Holmes' character without recasting. Because recasting is fucking terrible, no matter who it is.

Uhh, there's a pretty easy way to take her out of the movie. Which is supposedly happening quite early on.

Straightzi on
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I hope we actually get see him doing his job and hanging out with Bruce and whatnot for a while before he goes all Two-Facey. That's one thing that bothered me about Batman Forever, and I loved about BTAS: Two-Face only really works as a villain when you actually get to know Harvey Dent. It can't just be "I'm crazy and disfigured olol" and leave it at that. You gotta know how he got to where he is, otherwise he's just a gimmick.

TheySlashThem on
  • QuestionMarkManQuestionMarkMan Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Cheeto wrote: »

It's pretty much been confirmed that she's going to be recast, the contender right now is Maggie Gyllenhall.

QuestionMarkMan on
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I hope we actually get see him doing his job and hanging out with Bruce and whatnot for a while before he goes all Two-Facey. That's one thing that bothered me about Batman Forever, and I loved about BTAS: Two-Face only really works as a villain when you actually get to know Harvey Dent. It can't just be "I'm crazy and disfigured olol" and leave it at that. You gotta know how he got to where he is, otherwise he's just a gimmick.

I think they said that Harvey will be in the movie but the accident that turns him into Two Face will happen near the end, leading toward number 3.

Bloods End on
  • QuestionMarkManQuestionMarkMan Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Bloods End wrote: »
    I think they said that Harvey will be in the movie but the accident that turns him into Two Face will happen near the end, leading toward number 3.
    I know what you're talking about and it's what David Goyer wanted to do for the trilogy
    2nd one deals with Joker and he's caught at the end, 3rd deals with the trial of the Joker and creation of Two Face

QuestionMarkMan on
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I heard Robin Williams was going to play Joker. I think this is brilliance. Anyway... I like Two-Face. He's, surprisingly,a lot less fucking ridiculous and cartoony then most batman villains. Not that I dislike the cartoony villains. In fact, one of the most cartoony (Clayface), is my favorite.

Metzger Meister on
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Metzger you are stupid and wrong.

Straightzi on
  • World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I heard Robin Williams was going to play Joker.
    I thought it was Heath Ledger.

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
    edited February 2007
    World as Myth is correct here.

Straightzi on
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Oh, my mistake then. Hm... I have some trouble picturing him as The Joker for some reason. I'm sure he'll do fine, he's pretty talented. Anyway, I was just parroting something I'd heard from a friend.

Metzger Meister on
  • World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    A questionable casting decision, I thought at first, but since then I saw him smile, and something about his face really works as the Joker.

heathledge372.jpg

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
    edited February 2007
    Likewise. I need to hear the laugh to be positive, but I definitely think he has the ability to pull it off.

Straightzi on
    edited February 2007
    They should just dub Mark Hammil's voice over it and make everyone happy.

Metzger Meister on
  • RedeemerRedeemer Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I don't understand why they can't just give Bruce a new love interest and have her be played by Maggie Gyllenhaal

Who gives a fuck about Rachel Dawes

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg