As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Sore throat + fever = ?

admanbadmanb unionize your workplaceSeattle, WARegistered User regular
edited February 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
I've had a sore throat for the last three days or so. I've been assuming it was allergy or something else related, but I just ticked a 100.4 temperature. Assuming that wasn't a fluke, wtf is this? The sore throat isn't terrible, just moderate scratchy pain, relieved by menthol drops (which I am eating like candy), and I'm not really nasally congested at all. I don't feel especially tired or physically worn out.

admanb on

• etdragonetdragon Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    It could be the beginning of strep throat. I would keep an eye on your temp and if it continues to go up you should see your doctor. They can do an in office test for strep and prescribe antibiotics if necessary.

etdragon on
    sig.jpg
  • VisionOfClarityVisionOfClarity Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I get a fever when I have strep. You have a slight fever and you're throat doesn't hurt much so you could just be battling the beginning of a cold or a million other things. Providing the pain isn't increasing and you're fever breaks I wouldn't worry too much. If either gets worse make a doctor's appointment and get a strep test.

VisionOfClarity on
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Yeah, any type of infection can cause a fever. That means your body is fighting it. If it gets really painful, go to the doctor.

Thanatos on
  • tony_importanttony_important Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    sore throat + fever = doctor visit

tony_important on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2009
    Sore throat + fever = doctor visit if it sticks around.

You don't need to shell out for a doctor every time you get the sniffles.

Thanatos on
  • admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Fever's gone overnight; sore throat has not gotten worse (as they often do in the morning.) I am confused as shit.

admanb on
  • VisionOfClarityVisionOfClarity Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    You broke the fever and are getting over the sore throat it sounds like.

VisionOfClarity on
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    You're probably getting better. Your body can fight off most infections without antibiotics. They just make it go away faster.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    admanb wrote: »
    Fever's gone overnight; sore throat has not gotten worse (as they often do in the morning.) I am confused as shit.

take some cough drops, see if the fever comes back. if it doesn't you probably had a mild case of the flu or strep or something. it doesn't really matter if you don't have it any more though.

Dunadan019 on
    edited February 2009
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    admanb wrote: »

take some cough drops, see if the fever comes back. if it doesn't you probably had a mild case of the flu or strep or something. it doesn't really matter if you don't have it any more though.
    Yeah, if it gets worse from here, it's probably worth going to see a doctor. If it doesn't, you're good to go.

Thanatos on