As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mouse with a mind of its own.

Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships)Registered User regular
edited February 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
I have an older Dell optical mouse at my job, and ever since I've started using it, every now and then the cursor will shoot to one of the corners of the monitor. I haven't been able to figure out a trigger for this, or why it shoots to a specific corner, but it's very irritating. It's bad enough when I'm trying to do something, worse when I try and click on a link and the cursor shoots up and left so I click on the close button instead.

Any solutions?

Gabriel_Pitt on

• Options
    RookRook Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I know older optical mice when put on vaguely reflective surfaces would spaz out like that.

Rook on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Yeah, use a mouse pad, or a piece of paper, or something like that. Should fix things.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I actually am using a mouse pad. It does have a little bit of shine to it though.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Yeah get a mousepad that doesn't reflect. I used to have this problem as well and getting something with a matte finish fixed it.

tsmvengy on
    steam_sig.png