As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Mormons are fucking prompt

• FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    20090213-nnwxfifptckwdr2y6rcragn7im.jpg

Faricazy on
  • lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    dangit, i really wanna see that cake

cite plz

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • EvanderEvander Disappointed Father Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    MrMonroe wrote: »
    Hey Evander, didn't we nominate you for both "Best Forum Jew" and "Worst Forum Jew" at the same time?

And then decide it should just be the same award?

I actually just declared myself to be both of them.

And then told you all that you had elected me.

Elections are easier that way.

Evander on
  • MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Evander wrote: »
    Mysst wrote: »
    evander can I ask you a question that you haven't dreamed of?

You can try.

I have some pretty freaky dreams.
    why do jews have curly hair?

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
    edited February 2009
    20090213-g3564jx32ny55pd9yprpcibia4.jpg

Faricazy on
  • BelruelBelruel NARUTO FUCKS Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    ObiFett wrote: »
    I do find the current definition of marriage to be religiously sacred to me.

Do you honestly think that it is okay to push your personal religious beliefs on other people through legislation?

yeah, they really really do

Belruel on
    vmn6rftb232b.png
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Dubh wrote: »
    Marathon wrote: »

I want them to have the same rights. But I also want marriage to remain sacred as defined within my religion. So, my answer is a compromise giving them all the same rights but not having it defined as marriage. If, in your eyes, that makes me a bigot, then so be it I guess.

If it has the exact same rights why call it something different when it's the same thing?

Seriously, this isn't the first time I heard a Mormon say something like this.

This school of double-think is not exclusive to Mormons by any means, of course.

No denying that. But then he went on to say he had to do more research. It sounds like me, all those years ago.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
    edited February 2009

You can try.

covers the horns better. Think about a Jewfro (or, as I prefer to call it, a Hebro) and then think about just plain old long straight hair. You need the volume to cover the horns right.

Evander on
    edited February 2009
    20090213-n3brc1eujbc8s2u1bnf18dncum.jpg

Faricazy on
  • MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    This is good stuff. I really don't have an answer to it unless you want me to start bull-shitting, hoping I can refute it. I'm not as well versed as you are and I'm glad you put it in those terms. I now have lots of research to do. Thank you.

I do find the current definition of marriage to be religiously sacred to me. Seeing as how that is the case, I guess I need to find a legal/secular position in which to defend keeping that definition intact. My ideals are important as anyone else's and should be allowed to be represented through our democratic government.

Well, that's nice to hear. IMO, the simple answer is, "yes, it is represented." You get to get married in a church the way you want and you'll be legally recognized for having done so. There's just not a good reason for your definition to get pushed on anyone who doesn't like it, nor vice verse. The Mormon church will never have to marry a gay couple if they don't want to.

I do hope you look further into it; our legal system is really incredible and allows for both free exchange and freedom from exchange of ideas. Hopefully you'll come around to liberalism eventually. ;)

MrMonroe on
    edited February 2009

You can try.

covers the horns better. Think about a Jewfro (or, as I prefer to call it, a Hebro) and then think about just plain old long straight hair. You need the volume to cover the horns right.
    then why do I have curly hair, I'm not jewish

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    "Killing is wrong unless the invisible man in the sky tells me it's okay." is why I am scared of people who say that religious people are more moral than nonreligious people.

Well something has to justify the military conflicts pre AD

Hey, post-AD, too.

But to a lesser extent as nation-states came into being. Besides I was trying to more pointed statement without specifically naming parties.

Oh.

Okay.

Wanna play L4D?

Let the righteous fist of god smash those undead heretics into oblivion.

The Otaku Suppository on
    edited February 2009
    Belruel wrote: »

Do you honestly think that it is okay to push your personal religious beliefs on other people through legislation?

fuck they

I'm asking Obi about himself.

Evander on
    edited February 2009
    evander i got a haircut recently

still waiting for the jewfro to come back :(

Faricazy on
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited February 2009
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009

I want them to have the same rights. But I also want marriage to remain sacred as defined within my religion. So, my answer is a compromise giving them all the same rights but not having it defined as marriage. If, in your eyes, that makes me a bigot, then so be it I guess.

If it has the exact same rights why call it something different when it's the same thing?

Because I believe that I have a Heavenly Father and Mother. That principle has extended to Earth through his children in which we are allowed to get married to continue that eternal progression. That union is a sacred eternal principle that is paramount to the happiness of God's children. As such, the institution of marriage should be defended on this Earth.

That's why it needs to be called something different. It may seem trivial to you, but its not to me.

ObiFett on
  • HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    lostwords wrote: »
    dangit, i really wanna see that cake

cite plz

It's a piece of cake to bake a pretty cake

Hunter on
    edited February 2009

You can try.

just because a butt can fit a dick in it, doesn't meant it will fit a dick in it.

think about it.

Belruel on
    vmn6rftb232b.png
    edited February 2009

You can try.

ITT: proof against intelligent design

Evander on
  • Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009

You can try.

are you sure?

Clint Eastwood on
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

Were you around for the Prop 22 days? Oh, lord. There were Mormon's coming up baring (I think that's it) their testimonies about how we needed to keep the deceiver from winning. So. Many. People.

Edit: And he bore part of his testimony...

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

fuck they

I'm asking Obi about himself.

I asked him earlier, he basically danced around giving an actual answer.

Marathon on
  • The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009

I dunno. Seems to explain our policy concerning Israel.

The Otaku Suppository on
  • MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    MrMonroe wrote: »
    Hey Evander, didn't we nominate you for both "Best Forum Jew" and "Worst Forum Jew" at the same time?

And then decide it should just be the same award?

I actually just declared myself to be both of them.

And then told you all that you had elected me.

Elections are easier that way.

oh my god

it's all so clear now

He's like a Jewish Machiavelli

He'll have control of the government and Hollywood

We're so fucked

MrMonroe on
    edited February 2009

Because I believe that I have a Heavenly Father and Mother. That principle has extended to Earth through his children in which we are allowed to get married to continue that eternal progression. That union is a sacred eternal principle that is paramount to the happiness of God's children. As such, the institution of marriage should be defended on this Earth.

That's why it needs to be called something different. It may seem trivial to you, but its not to me.

Do they speak English in your heaven?

I'm asking honestly.

Because you're coming down with semantics at this point. If you are holding semantics sacred, then what exactly is the power of that specific word?

Evander on
    edited February 2009

I believe you're full of shit.

Let's agree to disagree and keep our personal beliefs out of the legal decisions of others. In this case, the gay and lesbian community, bisexuals, the pillow biters, ass pirates, dykes, queermos, lipstick lezzies, and/or f4gg0rtZ.

Hunter on
    edited February 2009

You can try.

just because a butt can fit a dick in it, doesn't meant it will fit a dick in it.

think about it.
    bel get outta mah butt

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009

This school of double-think is not exclusive to Mormons by any means, of course.

No denying that. But then he went on to say he had to do more research. It sounds like me, all those years ago.

lol. Just to clarify. I am not researching the truthfulness of my beliefs. I am going to research my duties as a citizen and where the line is as far as my personal beliefs and secular law.

ObiFett on
    edited February 2009

Were you around for the Prop 22 days? Oh, lord. There were Mormon's coming up baring (I think that's it) their testimonies about how we needed to keep the deceiver from winning. So. Many. People.

yeah, i think i remember that, i think

Belruel on
    vmn6rftb232b.png
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

Marriage, as defined in the Bible, is nothing like our current legal definition of marriage.

DarkPrimus on
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited February 2009
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

Catholics and Lutherans don't think that this is what marriage means. Should they have to use a different term for it?

Marathon on
    edited February 2009

I dunno. Seems to explain our policy concerning Israel.

Right.

Because Jews secretly control everything.

You know we send aid to Palestine as well, right? Not nearly as much, but we also don't have mutually beneficial intelligence and defense deals worked out with them either.

Evander on
  • Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    naw he's the gay uncle

does anybody NOT have a gay uncle?

Clint Eastwood on
    edited February 2009

You realize you're not the only religion around, right? Other religions have marriages too? Which is no different than gays getting married?

In short, you're incredibly stupid.

Faricazy on
    edited February 2009
    is queermo like the 4th marx brother

He's the one who drank cosmos and designed Groucho's wardrobe

Hunter on
    edited February 2009

lol. Just to clarify. I am not researching the truthfulness of my beliefs. I am going to research my duties as a citizen and where the line is as far as my personal beliefs and secular law.

Why not? What's to lose?

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

edited February 2009

You can try.

ITT: proof against intelligent design
    damn right, no god paying attention would have given me this awesome head of hair

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
    edited February 2009
    Cloudman wrote: »
    naw he's the gay uncle

does anybody NOT have a gay uncle?

mine passed away

do i get a new one

Belruel on
    vmn6rftb232b.png
    edited February 2009
    Right.

Because Jews secretly control everything.
    Natalie Portman is controlling my dick

OOoooOOooOOooOOooOOooOO

Faricazy on
This discussion has been closed.