As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Stimulus packages

• Options
    MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    dragonsama wrote: »
    MKR wrote: »
    No-Quarter wrote: »
    Tom Coburn can go screw himself. The guy's party puts my generation's future into doubt by running our country into the ground, and now he wants us to "think of the children"?

:|

Our economy isn't the only thing that's bankrupt.

EDIT: I'ma go play Fallout till the vote.

Up until bush got elected I was very optimistic about the future. It wasn't until Obama trounced all the white people without leaning on his skin color that I started feeling hopeful again. I've gone from hopeless rage to optimistic rage.

Ya kill all the white people right? Because Racism in any form is fun.

There is no racism in my statement in the sense you inevitably mean it.

Yes there is. You said "trounced all the white people" Meaning in your mind you think that white people are bad. Hence Racism.

Trounce as in defeat. The media was desperate to play up the race angle, and he could have gone along with it. If he had gone that route, I wouldn't have been hopeful, because it would have been the same old stupid identity politics. The hope came from him running on (good) policy.

MKR on
  • Options
    ArtoriaArtoria Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Tom Coburn can go screw himself. The guy's party puts my generation's future into doubt by running our country into the ground, and now he wants us to "think of the children"?

Up until bush got elected I was very optimistic about the future. It wasn't until Obama trounced all the white people without leaning on his skin color that I started feeling hopeful again. I've gone from hopeless rage to optimistic rage.

Yes there is. You said "trounce all the white people" Meaning in your mind you think that white people are bad. Hence Racism.

Uh, that doesn't follow...?

I'm sorry but thinking any race is bad in my mind constitutes Racism. Yes you can be racist against white people and yes it is bad to be so.

Artoria on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

Yes there is. You said "trounce all the white people" Meaning in your mind you think that white people are bad. Hence Racism.

I'm sorry but thinking any race is bad in my mind constitutes Racism. Yes you can be racist against white people and yes it is bad to be so.

Who said a particular race is bad?

edit: I'm white and a southerner, for the record.

MKR on
  • Options
    ArtoriaArtoria Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

Yes there is. You said "trounced all the white people" Meaning in your mind you think that white people are bad. Hence Racism.

Trounce as in defeat. The media was desperate to play up the race angle, and he could have gone along with it. If he had gone that route, I wouldn't have been hopeful, because it would have been the same old stupid identity politics. The hope came from him running on (good) policy.

But why do you have to use Race in this discussion? Couldn't you have had said "trounced all the Republicans?" no you had to say White people. so why is that?

Artoria on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

But why do you have to use Race in this discussion? Couldn't you have had said "trounced all the Republicans?" no you had to say White people. so why is that?

Hillary wasn't Republican.

And stop being dumb.

MKR on
  • Options
    RustRust __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2009
    Because Republicans are predominantly white you pedantic idiot, and even then, implying that white people are predominantly responsible for this country's societal ills is not too far off-base!

Rust on
  • Options
    Professor PhobosProfessor Phobos Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

Your conclusion that "he thinks white people are bad" does not follow from the evidence presented.

Professor Phobos on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

Your conclusion that "he thinks white people are bad" does not follow from the evidence presented.

I think he just wants to be a reactionary idiot. Let's go back to the topic and let him wallow in stupid with Obs.

MKR on
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

Because he ran against more than just Republicans over the campaign that stretched on to infinity? He won as the only black man and yet didn't win it as the black candidate.

moniker on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    moniker wrote: »

Because he ran against more than just Republicans over the campaign that stretched on to infinity? He won as the only black man and yet didn't win it as the black candidate.

Yes, this. This is what I said but worded better.

MKR on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    IT WAS A FUCKING JOKE. BARACK OBAMA IS A BLACK GUY WHO IS FINALLY WINNIN' AGAINST THE WHITE MAN AT THE WHITE MAN'S GAME. WHITEY GOT TROUNCED.

The end!

Sarksus on
  • Options
    CommunistCowCommunistCow Abstract Metal ThingyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Back to the stimulus discussion plzkthx.

CommunistCow on
    No, I am not really communist. Yes, it is weird that I use this name.
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Sarksus wrote: »
    IT WAS A FUCKING JOKE. BARACK OBAMA IS A BLACK GUY WHO IS FINALLY WINNIN' AGAINST THE WHITE MAN AT THE WHITE MAN'S GAME. WHITEY GOT TROUNCED.

The end!

No, this is opposite my point. That game is stupid identity politics. Obama won on policy.

So, this package. I hear it's very stimulating.

:winky:

MKR on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    What exactly are the senators doing during these extremely long pauses where no votes are being called out? Presumably they're there to vote, right?

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    What exactly are the senators doing during these extremely long pauses where no votes are being called out? Presumably they're there to vote, right?

Checking out Obama's package.

MKR on
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    They're waiting for I think Sherrod Brown to get back from his mother's funeral.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    They're waiting for I think Sherrod Brown to get back from his mother's funeral.

Ohhh, right. Okay. Ted Stevens isn't present for this vote, either, right?

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

Considering he's not a Senator, no. Ted Kennedy is not.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

Considering he's not a Senator, no. Ted Kennedy is not.

Ted Kennedy, sorry.

Edit: That's really quite bad that I mistook the two of them, what's wrong with me.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I find it hilarious that what finally got dragonsama to post here was his weird attempt to uphold White Honor. Even more so because it was based on a lack on reading comprehension.

Does he have some kind of bot running looking for phrases like "whitey" or "cracker" so he can swoop in to the rescue or something?

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    RoundBoyRoundBoy Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Are we sure on the la to lv line? The radio just talked about the stimulus and specifically mentioned it was in.

RoundBoy on
    sig_civwar.jpg
    Librarians harbor a terrible secret. Find it.
  • Options
    HachfaceHachface Not the Minister Farrakhan you're thinking of Dammit, Shepard!Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I find it hilarious that what finally got dragonsama to post here was his weird attempt to uphold White Honor. Even more so because it was based on a lack on reading comprehension.

Does he have some kind of bot running looking for phrases like "whitey" or "cracker" so he can swoop in to the rescue or something?

I know it's bad to come up with a general rule out of specific examples, but the posting quality of the few conservatives here -- dragonsma, Emanon, Obs -- really prejudices me against the idea that conservatives have anything good to offer anybody.

Hachface on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    RoundBoy wrote: »
    Are we sure on the la to lv line? The radio just talked about the stimulus and specifically mentioned it was in.

Who do you trust, random people on the internets or the radio?
    Hint: never trust the traditional media, they're idiots.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Hachface wrote: »

I know it's bad to come up with a general rule out of specific examples, but the posting quality of the few conservatives here -- dragonsma, Emanon, Obs -- really prejudices me against the idea that conservatives have anything good to offer anybody.

I don't think you can reliably draw what is 'conservative' out of trolls (less the first, more the last).

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    ObsObs __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2009
    Aegis wrote: »

I don't think you can reliably draw what is 'conservative' out of trolls (less the first, more the last).

I'm not a troll dude.

You guys also seem to assume that anyone who isn't a moderate or a liberal or is somehow displeased with Obama in some way, is basically considered a troll. Which is entirely fucked up, but it's what the conservatives in congress have made you believe.

Obs on
  • Options
    The Raging PlatypusThe Raging Platypus Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Some decent conservative lurkers showed their faces during the primary and general election threads.

Off hand, the only one that I'd have a beer with right now would be GregUDN.

The Raging Platypus on
    Quid wrote: »
    YOU'RE A GOD DAMN PLATYPUS.
    PSN Name: MusingPlatypus
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Obs wrote: »

I'm not a troll dude.

You guys also seem to assume that anyone who isn't a moderate or a liberal or is somehow displeased with Obama in some way, is basically considered a troll. Which is entirely fucked up, but it's what the conservatives in congress have made you believe.

No, only the insufferable idiots. Some sane conservatives have passed through with some good discussion.

MKR on
  • Options
    SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

I'm not a troll dude.

There are several conservatives around here who are not considered trolls. Hell, even KevinNash is considered a non-troll. You should probably think long and hard about why people think you are a troll.
    you are.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    edited February 2009

I'm not a troll dude.

No, only the insufferable idiots. Some sane conservatives have passed through with some good discussion.

So basically you tolerate conservative members, as long as they don't stay too long. Else you get tired of hearing their bizarre drivel every day.

Obs on
  • Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

I'm not a troll dude.

So basically you tolerate conservative members, as long as they don't stay too long. Else you get tired of hearing their bizarre drivel every day.
    See the fact that you could get that from that is why your a troll or a tool.

nightmarenny on
    Quire.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Well, more it's when they present things that aren't straight talking points and give some reasoned arguments. We like Salvation and he's decidedly conservative (if not Republican anymore).

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    HachfaceHachface Not the Minister Farrakhan you're thinking of Dammit, Shepard!Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I forgot about Salvation. Also KevinNash is pretty fun.

Hachface on
  • Options
    VeitsevVeitsev Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Guys just because you disagree with Obs and think his ideas are outdated and disproven at best and OMGCRAZYUSTUPID at worst doesn't mean he is here to troll.

Veitsev on
    nibblersig-1.jpg
    Steam 3DS: 1160-9885-2554
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    At the moment it just so happens that "liberal" viewpoints coincide with reality. Give it 50 years and we'll all be conservatives again.

MKR on
  • Options
    The Raging PlatypusThe Raging Platypus Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Well, more it's when they present things that aren't straight talking points and give some reasoned arguments. We like Salvation and he's decidedly conservative (if not Republican anymore).

THERMAL DEPOLYMERIZATION CAN YOU DIG IT

And yes, you basically just said what I was about to post.

Admittedly, there are quite a few regular posters in here that have very low tolerance for anything that even vaguely smells like conservatism.

The Raging Platypus on
    Quid wrote: »
    YOU'RE A GOD DAMN PLATYPUS.
    PSN Name: MusingPlatypus
  • Options
    SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Veitsev wrote: »
    Guys just because you disagree with Obs and think his ideas are outdated and disproven at best and OMGCRAZYUSTUPID at worst doesn't mean he is here to troll.

No, and perhaps reading comprehension is not just for inside the classroom? No one is saying his viewpoints make him a troll. He's a troll for how he fucking presents them. Now quit being dense.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    At the moment it just so happens that "liberal" viewpoints coincide with reality. Give it 50 years and we'll all be conservatives again.

Of course, and then people will call you retarded, for holding the same ideas you hold now. How would that feel?

Obs on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Back to the stimulus package.
    Most economists seem to agree that, while helpful, the current bill is not nearly enough. A year from now are we going to see another $800 billion dollar bill struggle to pass, or is this it? Honesty if this package doesn't produce tangible results, I don't see pushing another one through as politically tenable, even if it is necessary. I'm not very optimistic about the economy in the long term.

Hachface on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

Of course, and then people will call you retarded, for holding the same ideas you hold now. How would that feel?

Re-read what MKR wrote. Take your time.

Hachface on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

Re-read what MKR wrote. Take your time.

The next generation will be more liberal than you, and will want radically different things than you. Things you may not want.

Obs on
This discussion has been closed.