As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

this said something about batman before i accidentally edited it

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited February 2007
    I heard Robin Williams was going to play Joker.

No, they told Robin Williams he could be Joker for the first Tim Burton movie but it was just to get Jack Nicholson to take the role.

Too bad Jack sucked and Robin would suck.

Garlic Bread on
  • KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    edited February 2007
    god i hope they don't use the goddamned penguin again

Knob on
    edited February 2007
    also crispin glover for joker

he is perfect

he wouldn't even have to act

Knob on
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Penguin is pretty lame. I'm telling you, they should have a Clayface movie, damnit. Or fucking Killer Croc. Hell yeah.

Metzger Meister on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited February 2007
    They won't put Robin in the movies because they're retarded and think that it means they'd have to do Burt Ward-esque Robin. I'm in the minority here, though. And I'm biased because Robin's my favorite.

And they won't put Catwoman in because of that fucking Halle Berry movie

Garlic Bread on
    edited February 2007
    no catwoman

if i have to choose between campy robin and no robin at all, i'll pick no robin

we need a decent film with freeze, so hollywood can begin to apologise to me for batman and robin

Knob on
    edited February 2007
    Knob wrote: »
    no catwoman

if i have to choose between campy robin and no robin at all, i'll pick no robin

we need a decent film with freeze, so hollywood can begin to apologise to me for batman and robin

No, they could make Robin work well. They just won't.

And I like Catwoman, but I like her better as a hero than a villain. But then, she wasn't really a "villain". She just stole shit and wanted to fuck Batman to hell and back

Garlic Bread on
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Who the fuck would they cast as Freeze? And what about Poison Ivy? Also, is Harley Quinn going to be in the next Batman movie with the Joker? So many questions!

Metzger Meister on
    edited February 2007
    I'd love a movie with a good robin. but like you said, they won't do it.

and man

think about it

Ben Kingsley as Mr Freeze

come on

Knob on
    edited February 2007
    Riddler would work if they didn't make him wacky like they did with Jim Carrey. They need to make him the dapper guy that knows he's smarter than everyone else and he's just mocking them all with his riddles.

Poison Ivy would work if they made her just a plant lover that is tired of mankind ruining the environment. She's not supposed to be some crazy bitch that just likes to wear leaves. Like Jim Gordon said, he agrees with her message, just not how she does things.

Garlic Bread on
    edited February 2007
    Also, is Harley Quinn going to be in the next Batman movie with the Joker?

She better not be. She's a psychiatrist that falls in love with the Joker over time. It doesn't work when Joker's not even famous yet.

Garlic Bread on
    edited February 2007
    Hmmm...Lemme think.

Who'd be a good Riddler.

Andy Samberg

nah, i kid i kid

Knob on
  • The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I'd love a movie with a good robin. but like you said, they won't do it.

and man

think about it

Ben Kingsley as Mr Freeze

come on

oh lord

there went my pants

The Otaku Suppository on
  • StigmaStigma Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Yes

Stigma on
    YHWHYinYangblueblackblueborder.jpg
    edited February 2007
    Kneejerk, I'd say Daniel Day Lewis. But, I dunno... Let's see... Keira Nightley might be good as Poison Ivy, though she's a bit small, and PI always struck me as being a rather tall, curvy woman.

Edit: Daniel Day Lewis as Riddler. I say this because he's fucking brilliant and can play anything/is all skinny and tall.

Metzger Meister on
    edited February 2007
    Kneejerk, I'd say Daniel Day Lewis. But, I dunno... Let's see... Keira Nightley might be good as Poison Ivy, though she's a bit small, and PI always struck me as being a rather tall, curvy woman.

How about you don't cast anyone ever. Fuck.

Garlic Bread on
    edited February 2007
    no poison ivy

bleuarg

Knob on
    edited February 2007
    Deadshot would make a good supporting villain, too.

Garlic Bread on
    edited February 2007
    who was the guy in pi

the main guy

yeah him for the riddler

him or a much younger jeff goldblum

Knob on
    edited February 2007
    Basically what I'm saying is that Batman is too fucking ridiculous to be live action

Garlic Bread on
    edited February 2007
    deadshot would be great

there's a bunch of lesser known dudes they should dig up rather than recycling the same five dudes

Knob on
    edited February 2007
    who was the guy in pi

the main guy

yeah him for the riddler

him or a much younger jeff goldblum

No, I cast Jeff Goldblum as Blue Beetle/Nite Owl

Garlic Bread on
  • KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2007
    ryan reynolds as the flash in a justice league movie starring christian bale, brandon routh, samuel jackson, and the real J'onn who is actually really real no foolin

Kusuguttai on
    edited February 2007
    Good call. Wasn't there supposed to be a A Captain America movie sometime soon? Why the fuck are they making a Captain America movie, seriously?

Metzger Meister on
    edited February 2007
    Good call. Wasn't there supposed to be a A Captain America movie sometime soon? Why the fuck are they making a Captain America movie, seriously?

Because Captain America is pretty cool and a movie about him would actually work and you don't really know anything about these characters, do you?

Garlic Bread on
    edited February 2007
    if you took certain parts of burton's batman and mixed it with certain parts of begins, you'd have a pretty good batman film

sadly, every fuckass out there wants to put his 'own personal spin' on the mythology

leave it alone and just tell the stories, asshole

people want to see the batman they know. not batman 'as reimagined by trevor q. dickfinger'

Knob on
    edited February 2007
    captain america is fucking awesome and seriously deserves a rad movie

Knob on
  • Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I'm making a declaration, right now. Upon seeing Ghost Rider, and remembering the similiarities with other comic book Movies, I've decided the next superhero film should be... Ralph Dibny, The Elongated Man. It's perfect, because every cliche of the superhero film is turned on its head. We don't get the cliche "A SUPERHERO, HOW ABSURD!" scenes, because of his central city roots/rivalry with the flash/second string hullabalo are almost key to the character. The scene where the woman thinks he's crazy/accepts him begrudgingly over time doesn't happen, because Sue knows he's a superhero from the start. And the whole "Do I accept this responsibility?" subplot? Bah! He's Ralph Dibny!
    Plus, if you want to spice things up, you can always rape her!

Dex Dynamo on
  • Joseph McCarthyJoseph McCarthy Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Keith wrote: »
    Because Captain America is pretty cool and a movie about him would actually work and you don't really know anything about these characters, do you?
    Captain America is the best damn hero out there.

Joseph McCarthy on
    edited February 2007
    I hate Burton's films. I like Begins, but there's a lot of stuff in it that pisses me off.

I think they handled Scarecrow pretty well.

Garlic Bread on
    edited February 2007
    i like burton as a director

but as time goes by, i continually ask myself why

Knob on
    edited February 2007
    God, Captain America

THERE'D be a movie

Dex Dynamo on
  • Joseph McCarthyJoseph McCarthy Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Captain America is who I aspire to be. Fighting Communists with a shield that comes back to me every time I throw it.
    Sadly my designs fail miserably.

Joseph McCarthy on
    edited February 2007
    Captain America's got World War II and superheroes

that's a guaranteed blockbuster

Garlic Bread on
    edited February 2007
    I'll concede this point: no, I don't actually know much about these characters. I was born in the 90's, comics had already started to see their decline by the time I was old enough to care about them, and I'm only now starting to be interested.

Metzger Meister on
    edited February 2007
    i wouln't trust idiots with money to make a captain america movie right now

not in this political climate

Knob on
    edited February 2007
    i like burton as a director

but as time goes by, i continually ask myself why

Big Fish.

That's... pretty much why I love him.

I've never seen A Nightmare Before Christmas, though, and supposedly it might make you love him, so maybe that too.

Dex Dynamo on
    edited February 2007
    Keith wrote: »
    I hate Burton's films. I like Begins, but there's a lot of stuff in it that pisses me off.

I think they handled Scarecrow pretty well.

Meanwhile, I think the way they portrayed The Roman was fucking terrible

Garlic Bread on
    edited February 2007
    I'll concede this point: no, I don't actually know much about these characters. I was born in the 90's, comics had already started to see their decline by the time I was old enough to care about them, and I'm only now starting to be interested.

What are you talking about

The 90's was the best time for comics!

also, don't talk about comics (or anything) when you don't actually know about it

it just makes you look like a retard

Garlic Bread on
    edited February 2007
    born in the 90's?

oh, that's why your posts always bug the shit out of me

you're like 14 or 15

Knob on