As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

GHWT vs. RB2? [Also, all bundles 50% off at HMV Canada!]

2»

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    Well, during parties you should have No Fail on anyway.

omgwtpno

Saving each other is practically half the fun at parties.

Ketar on
  • Options
    fragglefartfragglefart Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Yeah and also if you put on no fail after a while everyone just stops giving a shit entirely and hang out by the fridge with easy access to moar beer.

But seriously, random setlists should not have overtly difficult songs on as a default. Those fuckers are almost guaranteed every time. I've got 300+ songs, but when playing bass, the frequency with which Ace of Spades '08 comes on over every fucking playlist just takes the piss man, and I love Motorhead <3.

Edit; Also soz swearing too much 'coz drunk.

fragglefart on
    fragglefart.jpg
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2009
    Ketar wrote: »

omgwtpno

No, not really.

There's only a small group of people that I can play RB with failing on. The rest have a better time with failing off. It's pretty obvious they would have 'failed', but it spares them doing it in front of people and lets people finish the song and move on.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    corin7corin7 San Diego, CARegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Ketar wrote: »

omgwtpno

No, not really.

There's only a small group of people that I can play RB with failing on. The rest have a better time with failing off. It's pretty obvious they would have 'failed', but it spares them doing it in front of people and lets people finish the song and move on.

I actually agree with Ketar. Saving each other is half the fun. I play with a ton of people who actively hate games and yet most of them can muddle through on easy. I mean to each their own, if that works for you cool. But there is an awesome feeling for everyone when you manage your way through a song you had no business passing. Drunken high fives and all that.

corin7 on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Like I said, awesome for you, but some people get too embarassed about it and never want to play again. No Fail lets them have fun.

The people I play with failing on are people that have no problem getting through Expert. These people have issues with Medium.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Heh, if it's my friends over, most need a few songs to work up to medium and never get to hard. When it's my wife's friends over - pretty much none of whom are gamers - they all play on easy the entire night, with the exception of a couple of people on the drums. They still all prefer to play without no fail. Once enough alcohol has been imbibed that even easy starts to be too difficult, we switch to SingStar.

I can see where if you have friends that get that embarassed that easily you would want to play with No Fail on. I just wouldn't assume that everyone else's parties are going to have the same issue...

Ketar on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Plus as stated earlier, random challenges are specifically designed to throw the worst song in.

FyreWulff on