As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mini-Phalla] Phatal Phury - village wins!

• WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Kay wrote: »
    Oh hay everyone got in! Yay for GMT-based games!
    Gngngngngngng

Wildcat on
  • MicroMicro Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Get in!

Micro on
  • Kay2Kay2 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Wildcat wrote: »
    Oh hay everyone got in! Yay for GMT-based games!
    Gngngngngngng

Everyone who had signed up, at least. :|

Ask nicely, Wildcat! Ask NICELY. Or hope someone turns inactive.

Kay2 on
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Wildcat if you want to sign up sign up. :P

Burnage on
  • SticksSticks I'd rather be in bed.Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

Sticks on
    edited February 2009
    Round One
    The normally relatively quiet city of Southtown has become a bustling tourist attraction in the past few days, as news of the first ever King of Phallas tournament has spread. Who knows what adventures those signing up will experience? Who will ultimately emerge victorious? We don't know, but it'll be a wild ride no matter what!

President of Howard Corp, and internationally famous philanthropist Geese Howard was kind enough to sponsor the tournament, but sadly he was unavailable for comment today. Hopefully we'll be able to get an interview with him soon enough, however!

To all the fighters in the tournament, good luck! This is SNN, signing off. Tune in tomorrow for more up-to-date news!

tournament-1.jpg

Day One is going to be a slightly longer day, sorry - it'll end in approximately 32 hours time, so tuesday at midnight for the GMTers.

Burnage on
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    !Reserve up, please.

Wildcat on
  • MaximusMaximus Engineer of the Harbinger Engine RoomRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    It's On Mr. D!!!!

Maximus on
  • Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    How does I do doubles?

Element Brian on
    Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
    edited February 2009
    How does I do doubles?
    Under certain circumstances you might fight a double battle. In these cases, you still only need to send in one set of moves – this movelist will be used against both opponents. Co-ordinate with your teammate for maximum effectiveness!

Burnage on
  • MaximusMaximus Engineer of the Harbinger Engine RoomRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I also Challange TehSloth for getting me killed in the microphalla in the Mini Phalla.

Maximus on
    edited February 2009
    Challenge Kime

Also, how many battles can we fight in a day? I mean - if I challenge someone who has already been challenged, does my challenge then fail? Also, can you change challenges before vote close, or once submitted is it stuck? Also, do our move-lists count for attack and defence (if we challenge, and are challenged) or can we submit different sets?

Micro on
  • BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    You guys are hardcore! Or just really confident in your strength.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Hahahaha! Poor, foolish Micro. Do you have any idea who you're dealing with!? Also. . . you realize you just eliminated yourself from the game, right?

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • jackisrealjackisreal Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight! THE HEAT. IS. ONNNNNN.

But yeah, challenging immediately seems...risky.

jackisreal on
  • Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I will not challenge anyone today because of the possibility of killing someone in a serious fight. But if anyone is foolish enough to test me, I will not give weaklings a handicap. You have been warned.

Kristmas Kthulhu on
    edited February 2009
    When battling in doubles, do you add your strength and your partner's strength together to see how many moves you submit, or do you average them, or use the highest, or... or... or..?

Kay2 on
  • RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I will not challenge anyone today because of the possibility of killing someone in a serious fight. But if anyone is foolish enough to test me, I will not give weaklings a handicap. You have been warned.

!Challenge Witch Doctor, DBM
    Scaredy-cat. Show me your true power!

Rainfall on
    edited February 2009
    When battling in doubles, do you add your strength and your partner's strength together to see how many moves you submit, or do you average them, or use the highest, or... or... or..?

My guess would be you use your own strength, apply your moves against both other guys, then you and your partner's score is totalled and compared against the other team's to determine the winner.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
    edited February 2009
    Also, do we know the order of actions? Do challenge fights or vig/evil kills happen before tournament fights?

jackisreal on
    edited February 2009
    Micro wrote: »
    Challenge Kime

Also, how many battles can we fight in a day? I mean - if I challenge someone who has already been challenged, does my challenge then fail? Also, can you change challenges before vote close, or once submitted is it stuck? Also, do our move-lists count for attack and defence (if we challenge, and are challenged) or can we submit different sets?

You can have as many battles per day as you like. However - and this is a pretty serious addition to the rules - your opponent must accept the challenge in cyan. This also means that you can submit different movesets for each fight you are in, although it's by no means necessary

Each fighter in a team battle uses their own strength to submit moves. So if one team has strength 5 and 6, and the other 4 and 6, each one submits the appropriate number of moves.
    jackisreal wrote: »
    Also, do we know the order of actions? Do challenge fights or vig/evil kills happen before tournament fights?

The order of actions is manipulative abilities ---> defense ----> aggressive ---- > fights.

Also, fair warning to all; SNK boss syndrome might be in full effect for this phalla.

Burnage on
    edited February 2009
    BlueBlue wrote: »

My guess would be you use your own strength, apply your moves against both other guys, then you and your partner's score is totalled and compared against the other team's to determine the winner.

Ah, I was misunderstanding this bit:
    Burnage wrote:
    Under certain circumstances you might fight a double battle. In these cases, you still only need to send in one set of moves – this movelist will be used against both opponents. Co-ordinate with your teammate for maximum effectiveness!

I read that as 'send in one set of moves FOR THE BOTH OF YOU' part.

Kay2 on
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Woooooooooooooo

M.D. on
  • Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Rainfall wrote: »

!Challenge Witch Doctor, DBM
    Scaredy-cat. Show me your true power!

I will !Accept your challenge, Rainfall. I was unaware you are this ... brash. Perhaps you are stronger than you look.

Or perhaps overconfidence will prove your Downfall.

Kristmas Kthulhu on
    edited February 2009
    Why did you capitalize the d in downfall?

Dun dun dun

M.D. on
    edited February 2009
    Maybe he was making a pun on my name?

What a Bitch Doctor.

Rainfall on
  • Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I wonder who I should chanllange.

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
    edited February 2009
    Rainfall wrote: »

What a Bitch Doctor.

such a horrible pun

M.D. on
    edited February 2009
    Yeah, I know. I'm terrible :(

Rainfall on
    edited February 2009
    I meant his, well yours is as well

M.D. on
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    the hell did I sign up for??

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
    edited February 2009
    *grunts*

M.D. on
    edited February 2009
    Rainfall wrote:

What a Bitch Doctor.

I am not amused by your childish wordplay. But the result of our fight will tell me more than your useless gibbering ever could. So if it helps calm your nerves, feel free to continue. I will focus on more ... pressing matters in the meantime.

Kristmas Kthulhu on
    edited February 2009
    Yeah, my so-called useless gibbering certainly isn't going to tell you anything. You can investigate the spoiler for a quick preview of the moves I will break you with, though.

Rainfall on
  • Andrew RyanAndrew Ryan Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Heh, you're all weak. I'll show you what true strength is.

Andrew Ryan on
    Mbt2W.gifbLHcF.gifMbt2W.gifbLHcF.gif
    naknaknaknaknak
    edited February 2009
    Let's not tear each other apart too fast!
    Meh.

Going to eat cookies in my Dojo for a while.

jackisreal on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Ahoy, mateys.

mayspriteani.gif

Who wants the first dance?

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    More like Phatal Furries.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
    edited February 2009
    Alternatively we could each challenge every other player, ending not only the phalla (in a draw?), but burnage's inbox.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    edited February 2009
    Challenge

1: Rainfall
    2: Andrew Ryan
    3: Mr. Defecation
    4: Maximus
    5: BlueBlue
    6: Element Brian
    7: CJ Iwakura
    8: kuhlmeye
    9: The Lord of Hats