As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I traded the [chat] for it back in town!

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Leitner wrote: »
    wazilla wrote: »
    In other news I found people on the Internet playing an actual (well almost actual...) MMORPG that were offended by the phrases "If you don't like it you can suck it" and "gank my shit"

I thought these people only existed in the myths of yore!

A load of guys in the TF2 thread had a real problem with people swearing, in a game in which you turn people into bloody gibbets. I mean seriously guys?

maybe they play with speakers and have a problem with their smalll children hearing it? I mean there are plenty of valid reasons there, guy.

Ludious on
  • Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    In other news I found people on the Internet playing an actual (well almost actual...) MMORPG that were offended by the phrases "If you don't like it you can suck it" and "gank my shit"

A load of guys in the TF2 thread had a real problem with people swearing, in a game in which you turn people into bloody gibbets. I mean seriously guys?

I was so shocked when I got tells saying "We don't talk like that"

Who the fuck? Are you? What? This is the Internet?

EDIT: It was typed, so it's not like anyone is overheard... the exact argument used was "some of us are older people"

At some point you're just going out of your way to get offended.

wazilla on
    Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

There is no logic in these stories.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Ludious wrote: »
    Jokerman wrote: »
    If it weren't for H&A, i wouldn't be going into the army. instead i'd be begging to get a job at McDonalds in my deadend town.

Hey, good luck not dying on foreign soil.

pfft, I get to spend nine weeks in BFE oklahoma, then almost a year in north Alabama, then maybe I'll end up going to Afghanistan to fix Artilery radars.

I'm not worried about me dying, i'm worried about fucking up and letting the base get hit by a shell.

Oh sure that's what they tell you. "Oh yeah you're gonna be a Radar Tech."

"Sorry son, Army need, and current job allotments means you're Bullet Decoy..I mean Scout. Good luck Soldier!"

Yeah the Army is going to spend thousands and hundred of thousands of dollars to train me how to fix something to have me be...a scout....

Brilliant deduction there, Holmes.

Jokerman on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    If it weren't for H&A, i wouldn't be going into the army. instead i'd be begging to get a job at McDonalds in my deadend town.

pfft, I get to spend nine weeks in BFE oklahoma, then almost a year in north Alabama, then maybe I'll end up going to Afghanistan to fix Artilery radars.

I'm not worried about me dying, i'm worried about fucking up and letting the base get hit by a shell.

"Sorry son, Army need, and current job allotments means you're Bullet Decoy..I mean Scout. Good luck Soldier!"

Yeah the Army is going to spend thousands and hundred of thousands of dollars to train me how to fix something to have me be...a scout....

ahahahahahahaha. 1. Have you ever worked for the government? Seriously? 2. Who says you make it to training? 3. I will admit I am just going by horror stories of people being told they'll get one job and then are stuck in a completely different hellhole.

But I do work for the government and I know the type of crap they pull and I imagine it's only worse in the military where you're a piece of barcoded property with no rights.

Ludious on
  • Options
    JamesKeenanJamesKeenan Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Terrible fucking totp is terrible.

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Sleep or see movie?

Greeper on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

Who said you could sleep? You left us.

wazilla on
  • Options
    Limp mooseLimp moose Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    movie

Limp moose on
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

maybe they play with speakers and have a problem with their smalll children hearing it? I mean there are plenty of valid reasons there, guy.

Nope. Their entire reason was 'I don't like it'. Because something which is only a taboo because, is clearly worse then blowing the shit out of people!

Leitner on
  • Options
    enderwiggin13enderwiggin13 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Limp moose wrote: »
    movie

sleep during the movie

enderwiggin13 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009

ahahahahahahaha. 1. Have you ever worked for the government? Seriously? 2. Who says you make it to training? 3. I will admit I am just going by horror stories of people being told they'll get one job and then are stuck in a completely different hellhole.

But I do work for the government and I know the type of crap they pull and I imagine it's only worse in the military where you're a piece of barcoded property with no rights.

It's not rocket science to figure out if i'll make it to training. I agreed in my contract what i would do, where i would train, and how long it will take. Now i could fail out of my AIT and THEN maybe, but that's an If. Most people are all "Oh nos they pulled the wool over my eyes!" because they dont-read-their-contracts. Just the other day I read about this girl who signed on to be a Medic and was shocked when her MOS was Combat medic, when in reality thats what all medics in the army are, combat medics.

Jokerman on
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009

Green poop is awesome.

Tav on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Flawless Victories are the best though. Its just this total overwhelming feeling of smug satisfaction.

Take THAT Toilet Paper conglomerate.

Ludious on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Flawless Victories are the best though. Its just this total overwhelming feeling of smug satisfaction.

o_O

enderwiggin13 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2009

o_O

what?

Ludious on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    FLOWER IS SO PRETTY
    ITS REALLY KIND OF RAD
    WHEN FLOWERS DIE I PITY ALL THE DEATH; IT MAKES ME SAD

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    edited February 2009

o_O

what?

I'm assuming that a flawless victory is when you poop in such a way that it requires no wiping. How does one achieve such a thing?

enderwiggin13 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Organichu wrote: »
    I just read about the internet group who hacked an epilepsy support group with flashing strobe.

Wow.

If that's the event I'm thinking about they didn't "hack" anything, they just posted a flashing .gif on their forum.

Contemplating the wisdom of using forum software that displays animated gifs for an epilepsy support group is left as an exercise for the reader.

japan on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

o_O

what?

I'm assuming that a flawless victory is when you poop in such a way that it requires no wiping. How does one achieve such a thing?

Here we call it a ghosty.

Tav on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Just the other day I read about this girl who signed on to be a Medic and was shocked when her MOS was Combat medic, when in reality thats what all medics in the army are, combat medics.

Really you can take any job description in the army and prefix the word "combat".

This goes for everything, right down to "chef".

japan on
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Ok, so it looks like a certain griefing poster is not online at the moment so I am going to post this while I can:

If you are at all into web-based games in the mold of Ikariam you should check out Nile Online. The early game is essentially exactly like Ikariam with a different art style (ancient egypt). But it starts to differentiate itself later on.

I just got a level 4 palace today and am saving up for my second city. It's a nice 15 minutes-a-day kind of thing. And free of course.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I said, "Quid, I believe this is killing me," as the smile ran away from my face.

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    japan wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    I just read about the internet group who hacked an epilepsy support group with flashing strobe.

Wow.

If that's the event I'm thinking about they didn't "hack" anything, they just posted a flashing .gif on their forum.

Contemplating the wisdom of using forum software that displays animated gifs for an epilepsy support group is left as an exercise for the reader.

So? What they did was basically terrorism. I mean an epileptic can have a seizure and potentially die from that.

Hell, my mother had a seizure playing Super Mario Bros. with me when I was seven or eight and she was unconscious for a couple of days.

It doesn't really matter whether or not they hacked the site or just posted a .gif. Why should an epilepsy support group have to ban .gifs anyway? It's not like you can just ban strobing gifs without some kind of really complex image monitoring software, or some other unwieldy workaround. Why can't people just not be dicks?

Drez on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I'm not defending what they did, I'm just saying that "hack" isn't really the appropriate term.

Personally I'd count it as assault against everyone who was exposed to it.

japan on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    How can you say there's no activation fee when without activation every phone is magically $200-300 more expensive?

wazilla on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I'm not defending what they did, I'm just saying that "hack" isn't really the appropriate term.

Okay, cool. I mean it sounded like you thought the forum administrators were somehow culpable because they didn't have the foresight to prevent/defend against such an attack. I was just asserting that I don't think they are.

Also, is this Emanon guy the idiot that people were talking about weeks ago? He just popped into the LHC thread with something blatantly off-topic and troll-y.

Drez on
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    How can you say there's no activation fee when without activation every phone is magically $200-300 more expensive?

So... the activation fee is negative? And you're complaining that they say there isn't a fee? o_O

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Drez wrote: »
    Also, is this Emanon guy the idiot that people were talking about weeks ago? He just popped into the LHC thread with something blatantly off-topic and troll-y.
    Don't worry, he won't be there long

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

Okay, cool. I mean it sounded like you thought the forum administrators were somehow culpable because they didn't have the foresight to prevent/defend against such an attack. I was just asserting that I don't think they are.

That was fucking irritating, and I would have sounded off on him being a tool if you had not beaten me to it.

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Yes, emanon was the one I was ranting about the other day for doing exactly this same shit.

But to hell with him. Go check out Nile Online.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    edited February 2009

So... the activation fee is negative? And you're complaining that they say there isn't a fee? o_O

I should have worded that differently... I'm not sure how...

My gripe isn't with activation fees at all.... it's with the fact that if i don't extend my contract 2 years almost every phone becomes prohibitively expensive.

wazilla on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I will* when you get an avatar you non-avatar person

*won't

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Tav wrote: »

o_O

what?

But how do you poo without wiping?!

enderwiggin13 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Ok, so it looks like a certain griefing poster is not online at the moment so I am going to post this while I can:

If you are at all into web-based games in the mold of Ikariam you should check out Nile Online. The early game is essentially exactly like Ikariam with a different art style (ancient egypt). But it starts to differentiate itself later on.

I just got a level 4 palace today and am saving up for my second city. It's a nice 15 minutes-a-day kind of thing. And free of course.

Yeah 0bs (zero is to counteract ego search) ruined a nice little UO revival for me a couple of years ago. I think I will play this. I liked Ikariam but had to go on vacation one week..and basically lost interest.

Ludious on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    HAHAHAH

I love this D&D Tiny Adventures Facebook application. I found it on Medopine's page:

Encounter 8: Forest - Failed

A cute young elf girl was walking along the forest path, her arms full of expertly decorated ceramics. The elf was heading toward Richter when she tripped, flinging all of her delicate wares into the air.

Richter made a Dexterity check with a difficulty of 14 . . . and rolled 5

Richter stumbled forward to try and catch some of the objects. He caught two of them. Unfortunately, he also fell on one that landed without breaking, smashing it. The others crashed to the ground in a cacophony of ceramic shards. The elf child was grateful for Richter's effort. Richter was embarassed that he couldn't have saved more of the objects.

Richter took 3 damage.

Richter received 30 XP and 14 gold.

Drez on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Tav wrote: »

o_O

what?

But how do you poo without wiping?!

Pooping without wiping is easy. One might say it's the easiest. But how does one avoid the discomfort, the streaks, the odor... these are the questions a grand master has answered almost without effort... without even conscious thought.

wazilla on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    My gripe isn't with activation fees at all.... it's with the fact that if i don't extend my contract 2 years almost every phone becomes prohibitively expensive.

Phones generally are hideously expensive. Many of them cost a similar amount to a low-end laptop when the operator subsidy is removed.

People just don't think they are because they're used to the cost being spread across a contract term.

japan on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Don't need to censor it. He can't ego search since his name is too small.

Tav on
  • Options
    StarcrossStarcross Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Also, is this Drez guy the idiot that people were talking about weeks ago? He just popped into the LHC thread with something blatantly off-topic.

Starcross on
This discussion has been closed.