As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Best Worst Movies

• Options
    Richard_DastardlyRichard_Dastardly Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I watched Home Alone 3 once, in its entirety. It's banal unoriginality gave me a stiffy. It was a beautiful thing (the movie was).

Barcardi wrote: »
    Your response only proves me right and further funds my endless summer.

I don't know what you just said.

Richard_Dastardly on
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I saw The Spirit when it was in the cinema? Samuel L Jackson as a black Nazi who gets crushed by a giant stone eagle? Yes please.

Tav on
  • Options
    toolberttoolbert Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I can't believe that no one's said They Live yet. Rodey (sp?) Piper and Keith Davidson's epic fight over wearing sunglasses always make my day.

toolbert on
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Erchamion wrote: »

Hah Liam Nesson is one of the bandits!

I think I should watch this movie.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    tsmvengy wrote: »
    Starcrash.

David Hasselhoff in a Star Wars ripoff? Yes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sC-dwjrinK0[url][/url]

Reminds me of Ice Pirates

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-YZ8WOU1-w

chamberlain on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    toolbert wrote: »
    I can't believe that no one's said They Live yet. Rodey (sp?) Piper and Keith Davidson's epic fight over wearing sunglasses always make my day.

That is so not a bad awesome movie. It's fucking awesome awesome.

Now, if you'd have said Piper's film Hell Comes to Frogtown, then I would have kissed you.

Richard_Dastardly on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I almost forgot about Bubba Hotep as well. Bruce Campbell has to be my favorite best worst movie actor of all time. I still need to see My Name is Bruce even if its horrible as well as Bubba Nosferatu if it comes out.

toolbert on
  • Options
    ThemindtakerThemindtaker Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    There is no earthly reason I should've watched Standing Tall the entire way through since it stars The Rock, and Johnny Knoxville. But I dug it. A lot.

The Rock actually has made some entertaining movies. The Rundown was by no means a good movie, but it definately had its moments, especially Walken's monologues..."Do you understand the CONCEPT of the tooth fairy?"

First of all, it's "Walking Tall," it's a remake, and it was decent.

The Rundown is by my means a good movie. I love everything about it.

Penis amputation jokes, sean william scott getting punched in the face, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson going giant-jackie-chan on thugs and then sniping with a shotgun, followed by a jumping over an alley to deliver a flying punch that knocks out a support column.
    Oh, and a cameo by the Ahnold, plus Keno (pizza delivery boy from TMNT II: SOTO) as a rebel fighter.
    "Ged owda 'ere, monkey" is fantastic, also.

And just to share a movie I think actually belongs in this thread: Pootie Tang is wad-a-tay, my biddies.

Themindtaker on
  • Options
    Brian888Brian888 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Erchamion wrote: »

Hah Liam Nesson is one of the bandits!

I think I should watch this movie.

Yes, yes you should. Krull is a damn fine movie.

Anyway, back on topic.

Deep Rising. Pure B-movie greatness. The hero is square-jawed, the woman is Famke Janssen, the monster is suitably horrible, the science obligatorily makes no sense, and everyone is having a great time making it. They even wind up on Monster Island at the end. Classic fun.

Brian888 on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Penis amputation jokes...

Reminded me of Street Trash.

Richard_Dastardly on
  • Options
    HeartlashHeartlash Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Brian888 wrote: »
    Deep Rising. Pure B-movie greatness. The hero is square-jawed, the woman is Famke Janssen, the monster is suitably horrible, the science obligatorily makes no sense, and everyone is having a great time making it. They even wind up on Monster Island at the end. Classic fun.

It also had that guy who played Sagat in the Street Fighter movie (speaking of which, add that to the list).

He also played Magua in the Last of the Mohicans... Ha.

Heartlash on
    My indie mobile gaming studio: Elder Aeons
    Our first game is now available for free on Google Play: Frontier: Isle of the Seven Gods
  • Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

You know those Hulu commercials, where they talk about how television softens your brain into a delicious mush?

I think this video actually did that.

mcdermott on
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I don't even need to watch that clip to be sure that it's the one with bikes on a train.

I watched the Japanese release of Snakes on a Plane, except that it was called Snake Flight. I think that made the experience better.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    GaddezGaddez Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Uwe boll's alone in the dark.

Gaddez on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I don't even need to watch that clip to be sure that it's the one with bikes on a train.

I watched the Japanese release of Snakes on a Plane, except that it was called Snake Flight. I think that made the experience better.

Oh, it's not just the train scene.

mcdermott on
  • Options
    Brian888Brian888 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Heartlash wrote: »

It also had that guy who played Sagat in the Street Fighter movie (speaking of which, add that to the list).

Wes Studi? Total badass. You know you're in good hands when he's in the movie.

Brian888 on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2009
    Excuse me. 3 pages in and no mention of the most ridiculously bad but awesome movie ever?

Commando

"Don't wake my friend, he's dead tired."
    "Hey Sully, remember when I said I'd kill you last?" "Yeah yeah! You did say that!" "I lied."
    "What happened to Sully?" "I had to let him go *Flips a Porsche back over onto it's wheels."

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Heartlash wrote: »

Wes Studi? Total badass. You know you're in good hands when he's in the movie.

I also believe that when Danny Trejo is in a film, he's going to be pretty bad ass and bad at the same time like in From Dusk till Dawn (also a great bad movie)

toolbert on
  • Options
    HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Hedgethorn on
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Lot's of awesomeness in this thread. Here are a few of mine:

Ace Ventura: Pet Detective
    Only The Strong
    The Rock
    Point Break
    Biodome

But my all time favorite "This movie is shit, but I can't stop watching it" is Drive-Thru. Any movie with a killer clown that's called "Horny the Clown" is fucking gold. Plus the main chick is hot as fuck.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JohannenJohannen Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Legend.

Tom Cruise when he wasn't crazy.

Johannen on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Oh man, I have so many of these. Bunch of stuff's already been mentioned.

The One (love Jet Li, love Statham, you do the math.)
    Sahara (quietly a really fun, if cornball, action/adventure movie.)
    The animated Transformers movie
    Basically any nick cage movie when he plays that same burned out mid-life crisis character

any number of others, probably.

edit: oh man, Torque! Truly one of the all time bad movies. I have that burned on a CD around here somewhere.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2009
    Holy shit, Ice Pirates has been mentioned. That's the one with the converyor belt castrating machine and the time-slipping finale where the two leads grow enormous beards and one of their suddenly grown up sons rescue them and holy shit that's a great terrible movie.

How about Battle Beyond The Stars? Roger Corman replays the Magnificent Seven (including the stunningly original casting of Robert Vaughan playing the Robert Vaughan character), but in space. His seven include John-Boy from the waltons, some chick in a metal bra, Hannibal from the A-Team as, I shit you not, 'Space Cowboy', and sundry other unlikely mercenaries. John Saxon is the bad guy. It's glorious and I watched it a bunch of times when I was a kid.

Bogart on
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Gaddez wrote: »
    I've watched Uwe Boll's movies, and they even fail at being bad. They're just so overwhelmingly mediocre it leaves me bored and disinterested, instead of, 'man, did you see that? Ha, that was awesome bad!'

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    KoolaidguyKoolaidguy Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    The film about the ice hockey team who have to beat a communist team. I cant remember what its called.

Koolaidguy on
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Bogart wrote: »
    Holy shit, Ice Pirates has been mentioned. That's the one with the converyor belt castrating machine and the time-slipping finale where the two leads grow enormous beards and one of their suddenly grown up sons rescue them and holy shit that's a great terrible movie.

Don't forget the space herpes.

Also, for a more recent bad/good movie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6i2WRreARo&feature=related

chamberlain on
  • Options
    wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Killer Clowns from Outer Space - balloon animals that maul you to death, face-melting cream pies, cotton candy that dissolves you into a delicious drink, and a gun that shoots deadly popcorn. What's not to love?

Attack of the Killer Tomatoes - the whole damn movie is basically red tennis balls attacking peope, all coordinated by a huge tomato that occasionally rolls over peope, with a climax of a huge crowd of people stepping on tomatoes.

Critters - Attack of the Killer Tomatoes meets the bad Gremlins. Plus aliens that can shapeshift into playboy chicks, and a part where the critters gather into a big ball and roll around town, running over people and devouring them.

Tremors - big sand swimming carnivores that hunt by sound chasing Kevin Bacon and crew around a desert valley. I can't not watch it when it's on.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Koolaidguy wrote: »
    The film about the ice hockey team who have to beat a communist team. I cant remember what its called.

miracle-poster-0.jpg?

Because that movie is awesome.

tsmvengy on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Anything about resourceful American youths battling the red Commies is win.

WOLVERINES!

Richard_Dastardly on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Oh hell yeah, Killer Klowns. Awesome horrible movie.

Wicker Man was just plain old bad, though.

mcdermott on
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    The best part of Torque is that during the ridiculous Superbike scene you can tell that they're not going fast. Like, buildings approach at a snail's pace, even though everything is all speed-lined.
    Gaddez wrote: »
    I've watched Uwe Boll's movies, and they even fail at being bad. They're just so overwhelmingly mediocre it leaves me bored and disinterested, instead of, 'man, did you see that? Ha, that was awesome bad!'
    Alone in the Dark was pretty great though, if only for Tara Reid The Totally A Science Person. That, and the just completely inane "twist but not actually but it doesn't make any sense" ending.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Koolaidguy wrote: »
    Do you mean the real one about the 1984 Miracle or whatever, or do you mean the Mighty Ducks?

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    Psycho Internet HawkPsycho Internet Hawk Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Grandma's Boy is a terrible movie.

This will not stop me from laughing the entire time, however.

Psycho Internet Hawk on
    ezek1t.jpg
  • Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Attack of Killer Tomatoes II - now with 100% more George Clooney.
    That was/is a funny movie (still terrible though).

Also, not well respected but I still love:
    Demolition Man (it's a comedy for fucks sake)
    Last Action Hero (spot the movie references for extra points)

jefe414 on
    Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Dude, Where's my Car

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    mcdermott wrote: »
    Oh hell yeah, Killer Klowns. Awesome horrible movie.

Wicker Man was just plain old bad, though.

Which version? The 70s version had all this unnecessary nudity that was common around that time, which made watching it a little more bearable.

Some other good bad ones:

Puppetmaster - stop motion puppets murdering people in silly ways.

Pretty much all of the old Godzilla and Gamera movies - none of these ever made too much sense, but a man in a giant rubber suit rampaging through cardboard cutout Tokyo and fighting Ultraman is still fun to watch.

Freddy vs. Jason - story was pretty silly, but man it was a fanboy's dream.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    tranquilitytranquility Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    The Leperchaun movies!!

tranquility on
    eek.
  • Options
    mystikspyralmystikspyral Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Howard the Duck
    Mannequin
    Innerspace

Does anyone else miss the days of eighties movies? Back when movies didn’t have to be “realistic”, the science didn’t have to make any sense and it didn't matter if the special effects were iffy.

mystikspyral on
    "When life gives you lemons, just say 'Fuck the lemons,' and bail" :rotate:
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Demolition Man is one of my favorite action movies of all time

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    First off, let me direct you to http://www.bestworstmovie.com/

Secondly, let me point out that Troll 2 is the best worst movie.

Third,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyophYBP_w4

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg