As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

My entire NES collection...stolen.

GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/)pinch pinchRegistered User regular
edited February 2007 in Games and Technology
My NES is gone. GONE.

Some asshole broke into a home my parents own where I keep all my NES stuff and stole it all. The worst part about it is I was going to take it back to my house the next time I visited to keep it all safe.

My lightgun, my powerpad, my original copy of Duckhunt, my gold Zelda cartridge (with box!), my R.O.B. (Gyromite nooooooooo!), Ninja Gaiden 1,2,3, Super Mario Bros 1,2,3, Mike Tyson's Punchout, Contra, Metroid, Ridge Racer, Tetris, Marble Madness, everything is gone. In total probably around 100 or so games. If it was a classic, I had it.

My GLOVE. THEY TOOK MY GLOVEEEEEEEEE.

If you're in a game store in S. Texas and you see an NES cartridge with "Alex F." in my mother's handwriting on the front, buy it and send it to me, pls.

I find solace in the fact that that motherfucker will never, ever be able to use my NES. I was the only person on planet earth who could get that thing to load a cartridge right.

919UOwT.png
Gooey on

• ArcibiArcibi Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Oh man

That sucks

I hope they catch the asshole that did this

Arcibi on
    GameTrailers | Goozex | Check out: Arcibi's Dev Blog and Robot House Games
    tmntsigshrunkre4.jpg
    Wii: 5024 6786 2934 2806 | Steam/XBL: Arcibi | FFXI: Arcibi / Bahamut
  • ScrumtrulescentScrumtrulescent Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    shit

wow

uh

that sucks

Scrumtrulescent on
  • Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Who steals an NES?

Seriously, there's so many reasons that should never happen.

Dr_Keenbean on
    PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Who steals an NES?

People who want to be playing with the power of the powerglove.

Couscous on
  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Arcibi wrote: »
    Oh man

That sucks

I hope they catch the asshole that did this
    He's so bad.

Zek on
  • gilraingilrain Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Oh, man. My heartfelt sympathy is yours. :cry:

gilrain on
  • LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    ...stealing is punishable by beating with a sack of doorknobs in Texas, isn't it?

If it isn't, it should be for this.

LBD_Nytetrayn on
    qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifJZuC7sH.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    ...stealing is punishable by beating with a sack of doorknobs in Texas, isn't it?

If it isn't, it should be for this.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

FYI, don't sig your posts, it's frowned upon in these here parts.

As for your NES, that truly sucks, but contact the police department, if it hasn't been done yet, and call all the local pawn shops, as those are the most likely locations for these theives to have dumped their loot. Make sure you watch eBay like a hawk as well. I don't know the criminal mind, but I'm willing to bet they'll just throw the whole lot on there instead of selling it piecemeal because it's easier.

DoctorArch on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • dmaurodmauro Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    If someone spots these, make sure to call the police because you can get them back from the store. The fact that your name is on them will probably help identify them as your stolen items.

Buyer beware and all.

dmauro on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LocklockLocklock Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I'm in your house, stealing your cartridges.

Seriously though, having a game collection stolen is incredibly lame. Sorry dude.

Locklock on
    abear6yy.jpg
  • BeckBeck Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Oh man, that's fucked up. They should be fucking killed. No trial, no jury, straight to execution.

Beck on
    Lucas's Franklin Badge reflected the lightning back!
  • evilmrhenryevilmrhenry Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Talk to the police. There's a form that pawn shops and the like are required to check through when buying stuff. Also, eBay.

evilmrhenry on
  • Mega PlayboyMega Playboy Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I feel for you. I would do as Archgarth says their a good chance they will pawn most of that off.

Mega Playboy on
    Trying to help out my step dad check out his youtube channel
  • AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Check eBay.

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • slurpeepoopslurpeepoop Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Would a pawn shop even take NES stuff? eBay is where you should look.

File a report with the cops though, and if you really want to be a dick, call up your insurance company, file the police report in with a claim on stolen goods, and report the value of each game and accessory at the original retail price (or if some of the game are really rare, print out copies of auctions and sales of those games, and file those as well). The insurance company will contest it, but a few months from now, you can still get a check for a few thousand dollars, which can help you rebuild your collection.

It sucks that you lost the original junk you had as a kid, but at least everything can be replaced.

slurpeepoop on
  • Target PracticeTarget Practice Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Some of the comments in this thread are rather disturbing, and are hopefully meant in jest.

Target Practice on
    sig.gif
  • OzmodaiOzmodai Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    The fact that your mother had the forethought to label your games might help you recover them so make sure you mention that on the police report.

High fives for moms.

Ozmodai on
  • inthegrayinthegray Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    doesn't insurance cover some of this stuff? i know that with renter's insurance, you get some cash if your stuff gets stolen.

inthegray on
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Some of the comments in this thread are rather disturbing, and are hopefully meant in jest.

Everything said over the internet is always serious.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • BeckBeck Registered User regular
    edited February 2007

If you're wondering about mine, don't worry...It's just a quote from Pulp Fiction.

Beck on
    Lucas's Franklin Badge reflected the lightning back!
  • FaceballMcDougalFaceballMcDougal Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    inthegray wrote: »
    doesn't insurance cover some of this stuff? i know that with renter's insurance, you get some cash if your stuff gets stolen.
    what he listed isn't worth very much... in money that is

FaceballMcDougal on
    xbl/psn/steam: jabbertrack
  • RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I would suggest suing Nintendo. It's obvious that they hired the thief that stole your stuff in an attempt to get you to repurchase everything you once owned on the Virtual Console.

On another note, I'm sorry for your loss. Hopefully insurance will help mitigate the blow.

RainbowDespair on
  • ShimShamShimSham Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Oh man, so I went out stealing last night, right?

Found this one house, yeah? Goldmine.

I got a lightgun, a powerpad, an original copy of Duckhunt, a gold Zelda cartridge (with box!), a R.O.B. (Gyromite yessss!), Ninja Gaiden 1,2,3, Super Mario Bros 1,2,3, Mike Tyson's Punchout, Contra, Metroid, Ridge Racer, Tetris, Marble Madness, everything. In total probably around 100 or so games. If it's classic, I got it.

Seriously though, sorry to hear about that, I know it really sucks, but I wish you luck in finding the stuff again.

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
  • LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Archgarth wrote: »
    FYI, don't sig your posts, it's frowned upon in these here parts.

Christ, I've been here for three years and over 2,000 posts. One little slip-up, and you guys never fail to jump on it...

Anyway, it might help if you by chance have the serial number from the system as well. A friend of mine back home had some stuff stolen, and that helped them identify his stuff...

LBD_Nytetrayn on
    qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifJZuC7sH.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I filed a police report and all that stuff but I've kindof accepted that I'll never see any of it ever again. To be honest, I never really played it much anymore anyway, but still it sucks to not have it.

Now the real question is wether or not I try to replace it...I'm thinking no. The prices of some cartridges are outrageous these days.

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • PataPata Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Gooey wrote: »
    I filed a police report and all that stuff but I've kindof accepted that I'll never see any of it ever again. To be honest, I never really played it much anymore anyway, but still it sucks to not have it.

Now the real question is wether or not I try to replace it...I'm thinking no. The prices of some cartridges are outrageous these days.

You should, at least, be able to get some good insurance money on it then, at least. :|

Pata on
    SRWWSig.pngEpisode 5: Mecha-World, Mecha-nisim, Mecha-beasts
  • bruinbruin Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    We should sic Reggie on whoever did this.

bruin on
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited February 2007
    Yeah, I agree. I'm always completely serious when posting on the internet.

Unknown User on
  • SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2007

????

Haven't read any that aren't cosnsitent with this forum yet.

Except for your post.

But I do agree with that one guy, "Who steals a NES, really?"

Damn shame your glove is gone. Check the pawn shops or eBay.

Squashua on
  • FrostozunaFrostozuna Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    nes.jpg

I think we found the culprit :p

edit: oops didnt actually read the other thread, thought it was just a coincidence

Frostozuna on
  • SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2007
    edit except for ShimSham.

++ ShimSham ++

Squashua on
  • MachismoMachismo Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Man, I found a NES, two controllers, a light gun, and 50 games for just 50 bucks from ebay about a year ago. Such deals are NOT uncommon. Unfortunately, the P-P-P-power glove and other accessories are harder to find.

BTW, I got Startropics amidst those 50 games. WIN!!!

Machismo on
    steam_sig.png
  • EQDuffyEQDuffy Registered User regular
    edited February 2007

It was you, wasn't it?!?!?!?!

EQDuffy on
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    what he listed isn't worth very much... in money that is

In total, the games might be worth a decent amount.

Couscous on
  • Disco BanditDisco Bandit Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Am I the only one who thinks it is suspicious there's a thread further down page 1 with the title "I just got a great deal on NES games!" ?

Disco Bandit on
    Pokemon Diamond: 5412 9146 7564
  • MachismoMachismo Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Am I the only one who thinks it is suspicious there's a thread further down page 1 with the title "I just got a great deal on NES games!" ?

EL_OH_EL!

You should read it and realize that it was a joke at this thread's OP's expense.

Machismo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Vargas PrimeVargas Prime King of Nothing Just a ShowRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Sorry for your misfortune, man. That really sucks.

Way back when, shortly after the PS2 was released, my parents' house was broken into. We had a rec room in the basement where all my movies/video games were. At the time, I think the only PS2 games I owned were FFX, DMC, and a couple others... But I had a drawer full of about 80 PS1 games that were taken, along with my PS2 and those games.

The kicker was that my shit was the ONLY stuff taken. They walked right past my mother's laptop, they ignored the TV and all my DVDs, not to mention the 5-disc DVD player right next to my PS2... It had to have been someone we knew, someone who knew what they were going for, especially since all that stuff was in the basement, and they ignored everything in the upper floor to go straight downstairs.

We never caught who did it, but the insurance company paid me back $30 for each Playstation game I listed as stolen, and I'm pretty sure I remembered all of 'em. So all in all, it wasn't bad, but it still was crap to lose all those great games...

Vargas Prime on
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    You know there's a damn good chance that you know this person.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • SushisourceSushisource Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    bruin wrote: »
    We should sic Reggie on whoever did this.
    I agree, call in the Regginator. He will administer divine, bug-eyed justice.

Sushisource on
    Some drugee on Kavinsky's 1986
    kavinskysig.gif
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    You know there's a damn good chance that you know this person.

Thats what people tell me.

They stole weird shit though. And I'm not the type of person to make enemies/hang out with the kind of vagrants that roam these parts.

Old crappy silverware, a TV, a watercooler (that holds one of those 5 gallon jug things), an oscillating fan, pillowcases (probably to carry thier phat lewtz), a broken toaster, a broken cd player. Plus they drank a case of beer I was saving in the fridge. Not only did the bastards steal my NES, they drank my beer, too.

Oh well, that's what insurance is for.

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png