As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

WH40K: Tonight we're gonna party like it's m40.999 (New Ig on page 66)

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Dayspring wrote: »
    Taking my orks out for a game tomorrow. Probably going to play my brother's Salamanders, but may get to see the new guard in action.

I hate you so much.

If only there was a Prime Minister I could talk to.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Rend wrote: »
    I found this...here is your new IG codex cover Tim...
    1228531172665.jpg

Power Hug: Grants LD 10 to all Guard units within 12" and delivers 2d6 str 10 hits to all enemy models within 24".

Wow. Jesus.
    That's the power offff Love!

Codex creep man. Plus you get normal armor saves against the hit...

Thats true. You do get a normal armor save against all 2d6 hits, per model.

Rend on
  • Options
    UnarmedOracleUnarmedOracle Evolution's Finest Hour Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Taking my orks out for a game tomorrow. Probably going to play my brother's Salamanders, but may get to see the new guard in action.

I hate you so much.

Don't worry Tim, I'm Pretty Much in the same situation.

UnarmedOracle on
    signature.jpg
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

I hate you so much.

Agreed. It's a shame that we don't have Private Messages we can be sent....

To sublte?

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    NaxNax For Sanguinius! Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    niiiiiiiiice

Nax on
    The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
  • Options
    edited March 2009

I hate you so much.

Agreed. It's a shame that we don't have Private Messages we can be sent....

To sublte?

Geez, Plagiarize Much?

UnarmedOracle on
    signature.jpg
  • Options
    TheBogTheBog Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Pejorative Menstruation.

TheBog on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    You're doing it wrong

UnarmedOracle on
    signature.jpg
  • Options
    TheBogTheBog Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Doing it... wrong?..

TheBog on
  • Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Well it really depends on what he shows up with doesn't it? :P
    Game is tomorrow evening, i'll be back a day or two after, so maybe i'll write up a battle report. I doubt it'll be world rocking though, most of what I find out through him I read on the net weeks earlier. You should get to see his dudes all painted up nicely though! And mine*!

*My dudes are not as painted

Dayspring on
    My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Game is tomorrow evening, i'll be back a day or two after, so maybe i'll write up a battle report. I doubt it'll be world rocking though, most of what I find out through him I read on the net weeks earlier. You should get to see his dudes all painted up nicely though! And mine*!

Can you take a picture of his models? I mean just in general. I like to see painted guardsmen.

Librarian's ghost on

• Options
    Dareth RamDareth Ram regular
    edited March 2009
    I went and bought a Space Wolves dreadnought just for the cool claw CCW. I feel spoiled.

Dareth Ram on
  • Options
    NaxNax For Sanguinius! Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

Can you take a picture of his models? I mean just in general. I like to see painted guardsmen.

Your 10,000+ points not good enough for you? :P

Nax on
    The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Nax wrote: »

Your 10,000+ points not good enough for you? :P
    NEVER!:lol:

Librarian's ghost on

• Options
    edited March 2009

Will attempt to! Even if they're Salamander shaped guardsmen!

Dayspring on
  • Options
    Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Ok, so Astronomi-con Toronto is coming up soon so I need to think about finalizing my list.

What do you Orks think?

Sharp101 on
  • Options
    Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    All this talk of non-space marines, from tyranids, to IG, to Orks...they make me think of this.
    Daemonhunterantifurry.jpg

Anon the Felon on
  • Options
    leafleaf Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I love you

leaf on
    newsig-notweed.jpg
  • Options
    SJSJ College. Forever.Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I wish I had that original image...

SJ on
  • Options
    Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Alright, heres the last one for a bit, aimed directly at Tim, and any other IG supporters:
    1932.page

Anon the Felon on
  • Options
    DampCatDampCat Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Is it me, or are the bolter cartridges in the first pic not even remotely large enough?

DampCat on
    fiawal6.jpg
    "EVEN IN DEATH I STILL COOK MOTHERFUCKERS".
  • Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Technically, there shouldn't even be any cartridges (bolters are supposed to be caseless, except when it looks cool), but yeah, those things are too long and narrow to be proper bolt casings.

Mr_Rose on
    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Reminds me of the minigun in the Matrix pumping out cases with the bullets still inside them. :P

Also Dareth, once I got DoW II installed I started having very very good fun indeed - congrats.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Caseless? How would that even work, in reality? Also, haven't the models even got (i dont know any gun terminology, sorry) the exits for spent cases?

DampCat on
    fiawal6.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Probably a bit like the caseless ammo already developed.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    40k and reality don't really mix very well.

tSharp the only thing I can think of is that maybe the nobz are a bit vulnerable running off in the wagon by themselves without fast moving support, although you have the stormboyz so you're probably fine. Also, Zap gun on the battlewagon seems an odd choice but that might be because i've never used one.

Dayspring on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Alright, heres the last one for a bit, aimed directly at Tim, and any other IG supporters:
    1932.page

Heh yeah, funny. Guard are horrible.... So now I roll scatter on my intercontinental ballistic missile, oh look a hit!

Librarian's ghost on

• Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    DampCat wrote: »
    Caseless? How would that even work, in reality? Also, haven't the models even got (i dont know any gun terminology, sorry) the exits for spent cases?
    Caseless ammo works just like it did before people invented the case; you have a bullet, a propellant and a primer that are fitted into the chamber without being bound in brass/steel/aluminium/plastic/paper. Several different attempts have been made to construct a workable caseless firearm for military deployment, but they tend to have technical hurdles that make them unsuitable for issue to grunts, The closest anyone's rally got to a proper caseless system is the Metal Storm family of weapons.
    As for the "exit" port; you either need ready access to the chamber for cleaning purposes and to eject duds/misfires, or you have to have special tools like the muzzle loaders did.
    Plus, they changed the fluff (remember, in the year 40,000 the Rule of Cool is physics).

Mr_Rose on
    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I see. I hadn't really considered things like cannons and muskets which are the basic principle of caseless ammunition. Honestly i think about guns like i think about the wind. I'm aware of it's existence, but i've put no thought into how it works. It's easier just to think of it as the result of tree's sneezing.

Thanks.

DampCat on
    fiawal6.jpg
  • Options
    UtsanomikoUtsanomiko Bros before Does Rollin' in the thlayRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Bolters are definitely in brass cases; they were only referred to as caseless in the occasional, older source. Every time they've shown a bolt round since 3rd Edition or made a physical mockup it's been in a brass case.

See, it's supposed to be fired from the barrell in a conventional cartridge for the initial momentum, followed by the rocket propellant kicking in and continuing its accelleration.

Some autoguns are caseless, however.

Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif
  • Options
    Foolish ChaosFoolish Chaos Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Wildcat wrote: »
    Also Dareth, once I got DoW II installed I started having very very good fun indeed - congrats.

Same. Just bought/installed it yesterday, and am having a ton of fun with it so far. :^:

Foolish Chaos on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    It's easier just to think of it as the result of tree's sneezing.
    :^: for calvin and hobbes reference

Dayspring on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009

:v: for inappropriate apostrophe!

I would like to track down some old wh40k books sometime. I keep hearing how the weapons used to be really crazy, like Marines have some kind of grenade that froze time inside of a bubble.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    ApogeeApogee Lancks In Every Game Ever Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Sharp101 wrote: »
    Ok, so Astronomi-con Toronto is coming up soon so I need to think about finalizing my list.

What do you Orks think?

I was all excited about this until it turned out its in Oakville, not Toronto as advertised. Bit of a pain in the ass for me to drive out half an hour (and back) every day... not sure if I'll go.

Apogee on
    8R7BtLw.png
  • Options
    edited March 2009

I would like to track down some old wh40k books sometime. I keep hearing how the weapons used to be really crazy, like Marines have some kind of grenade that froze time inside of a bubble.

the sneezing that belongs to the tree! it's fine! the actual error is that i missed out "a" before tree ;)

DampCat on
    fiawal6.jpg
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

Every army used to have access to stuff like that. Eldar used to be able to field their own land raiders, IG had rhinos. Both the traitor forces of Horus and the Imperium made heavy use of robots during the Heresey to limit the loss of human life.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Ah, virus and psyk-out grenades. Those were the days.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    MorskittarMorskittar Lord Warlock Engineer SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Vortex - the Inquisition power, was pretty insane too. For when you absolutely, positively, gotta eliminate every last motherfucker in a terrain piece. And the terrain piece too. And maybe the one next to it.

Also, programming robots.

And my old Assault squad outfitted with Blind grenades. I had dozens and dozens of cut-out templates in various sizes, and would leave a trail of variously-sized smoke clouds across the table to cover their advance.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    delrolanddelroland Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

the sneezing that belongs to the tree! it's fine! the actual error is that i missed out "a" before tree ;)

Or you could have capitalized the "T" in "tree", making it a proper noun (i.e. the tree named Tree).

I think we have a new thread name, gentlemen: "WH40K: Now THAT'S a whole lotta Diddely!"

delroland on
    EVE: Online - the most fun you will ever have not playing a game.
    "Go up, thou bald head." -2 Kings 2:23
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    That comic would make more sense if the third panel read, "Does diddely" not "doesn't do diddely." The assertion is that there's a whole lot of diddely, but we already established that an IG gun doesn't do diddely. If it doesn't do diddely, i.e. there is 0 diddely, then multiplaying the guardsman by 50, results in 50x0. Still diddely.

I disagree with the premise of your silly cartoon!

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.