As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Content patch (1.13) coming to Diablo 2.

• Options
    MeizMeiz Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Ok, this is just silly.

Meiz on
  • Options
    MonoxideMonoxide Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2009
    this is awesome, though I really don't understand the people who are asking to make the game easier. shared stashes I can understand, but that's about it. let's see some new content or skill tree adjustments.

I mean, the game is incredibly easy as it is, so I don't get why you would want to remove the penalties and decrease replay value. especially considering the people who would still be playing this (like me) would appreciate a new challenge rather than removing existing ones

Monoxide on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'm more interested in what Blizzard has planned as content. Taking fan suggestions is cool and all, but c'mon.

Hey and this is a good way to keep that hype looming over us that there's a part 3 in the works.

Henroid on
  • Options
    Andrew RyanAndrew Ryan Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I like how the blue poster stressed twice that they only wanted 1 suggestion each and people continued to ignore it an post enormous lists of suggestions.

Andrew Ryan on
    Mbt2W.gifbLHcF.gifMbt2W.gifbLHcF.gif
    naknaknaknaknak
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    With all of Blizzard's resources and their experience with running servers in WOW, the new b.net will probably run like a dream.

You gotta remember, the b.net we are using now is probably old and archaic as hell. B.net started for Diablo 1 back in like '96 or something. I mean...its old.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    scootchscootch Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    urahonky wrote: »
    remlap13 wrote: »
    Is D3 going to be pay-to-play?

Pretty sure no. I think they are going to be using b.net again... Which kinda irks me.

There was nothing wrong with BNet if you ignored the r-tards on there. Personally I'd rather have a free game on BNet than paying $15/month. Then it basically becomes WoW.

I can say that if D3 has a monthly fee I will not be participating.

I hate b.net because I get dropped almost all the time, and the botters really annoy me.
    xlkajdf81 has joined the game.
    HEY GUYS BUY MY GEAR AT www.FUCKMYASS.COM
    xlkajdf81 has left the game.

^^^ Those got annoying as fuck.
    well, keep in mind when starcraft 2 hits, it will be launched with a new bnet. we'll see what they do to help us avoid that kind of shit.

one cdkey per b.net account is going to help a lot.
    edit: I'm so slow....

scootch on
    TF2 stats
    PSN: super_emu
    Xbox360 Gamertag: Emuchop
  • Options
    DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    No sporky the phat lewtz have been lost...wait I'm pretty sure you already told me this last D2 thread :P

It's cool, I find it a lot of fun trying to level up with shit and where every drop has a realistic chance of being better then your crack club of shit.

The shortcut is sitting there on my desktop...taunting me...

Dixon on
  • Options
    LaonarLaonar Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    It really would take about an hour or two to get to lvl 70... if you had a group that stuck together and you stuck together game through game. You would need one high lvl to powerlvl you though. It is not that hard. Also with synergies as long as you stacked your gear to +skill your syngergies this game was easy. Lvling in this game is so easy.

Laonar on
  • Options
    McAllenMcAllen Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    So... the gem does nothing? But I believed in it for so long!

McAllen on
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    +skills don't affect synergies in Diablo 2, as far as I know. Maybe that has changed with a recent patch. There was an old bug where skills with charges on items gave you the full benefit of the skill on the item as long as you don't put points into it (aka Marrowwalk bug). I'm not sure that was ever fixed.

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Annnd I'm downloading the game as we speak. Great..

urahonky on
  • Options
    Vi MonksVi Monks Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    +skills don't affect synergies in Diablo 2, as far as I know. Maybe that has changed with a recent patch. There was an old bug where skills with charges on items gave you the full benefit of the skill on the item as long as you don't put points into it (aka Marrowwalk bug). I'm not sure that was ever fixed.

You are correct in that +skills don't affect synergies. Also, they fixed the Marrowwalk bug.

Vi Monks on
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    scootch wrote: »
    well, keep in mind when starcraft 2 hits, it will be launched with a new bnet. we'll see what they do to help us avoid that kind of shit.

Wait, does this mean we're supposed to see SC2 (release date: theoretical at best) before D3 (release date: theoretical at best)?

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Forar wrote: »

Wait, does this mean we're supposed to see SC2 (release date: theoretical at best) before D3 (release date: theoretical at best)?

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!
    Last I'd heard, the rumor mill put SC2 at sometime later this year and DIII sometime thereafter (presumably same time 2010).

Halfmex on
  • Options
    LotharsLothars Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Halfmex wrote: »
    Forar wrote: »

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!
    Last I'd heard, the rumor mill put SC2 at sometime later this year and DIII sometime thereafter (presumably same time 2010).

Pretty much, I would be shocked if Starcraft 2 doesn't come out this year and Diablo 3 next year.

Lothars on
  • Options
    IdolisideIdoliside Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Oh god...

...my therapist warned me about this...
    ...it's going to happen again

*twitch*

Idoliside on
    Proud member of Noah's Wangship Steam Group
    iusb_760x100.8161697.jpgBunting, Owls and Cushions! Feecloud Designs
  • Options
    LanrutconLanrutcon The LabyrinthRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I would KILL for 1440x900 support. :!!:

Lanrutcon on
    Capture.jpg~original
    Currently playing: GW2 and TSW
  • Options
    A-PuckA-Puck Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    ... which reminds me that I haven't checked out the site for D3 in a while.

A-Puck on
    Soon... soon I will install you, my precious.
  • Options
    jeddy leejeddy lee Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

Awesome Honky, let me know when you are going to play. I dl'd it recently to play on ym netbook with my buddy, but he BALE'd on me. (Har har har)

I didn't want to read the whole thread, as Honky got in a heated argument with Clint Eastwood, so I figured I'd see if we know what this patch is bringing at this point?

jeddy lee on
    Backlog Challenge: 0%
    0/8

PS2
    FF X replay

PS3
    God of War 1&2 HD
    Rachet and Clank Future
    MGS 4
    Prince of Persia

Bayonetta
    Fable 3

DS
    FF: 4 heroes of light
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    jack eddy wrote: »

Awesome Honky, let me know when you are going to play. I dl'd it recently to play on ym netbook with my buddy, but he BALE'd on me. (Har har har)

I didn't want to read the whole thread, as Honky got in a heated argument with Clint Eastwood, so I figured I'd see if we know what this patch is bringing at this point?

Not really. It'll be awesome if it ends up being shared stash (I'd KILL for shared stash) but there's a lot of voting going on in the thread. Also fuck Clint Eastwood.

I'll let you know if I get it going here shortly. It may not be till this weekend but I'm sure I'll start it up :P

urahonky on
  • Options
    DHS OdiumDHS Odium Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Higher resolution would be great, though everything would end up so tiny.

DHS Odium on
    Wii U: DHS-Odium // Live: DHS Odium // PSN: DHSOdium // Steam: dhsykes // 3DS: 0318-6615-5294
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Yes yes YES! I would love to play some this weekend. Best way to get a hold of me honestly would be giving me a call, if you got the ability to call long distance, otherwise pm or email me or myspace me letting me know when your going to be on, and hopefully I get it in time.

What exactly are you implying with Shared Stash?

jeddy lee on
    0/8

PS2
    FF X replay

PS3
    God of War 1&2 HD
    Rachet and Clank Future
    MGS 4
    Prince of Persia

Bayonetta
    Fable 3

DS
  • Options
    LanrutconLanrutcon The LabyrinthRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Oh shit it just ocurred to me, if Blizzard has some spare time in the future...

...HD Diablo 2 remake. That would make money yes I think it would.

Lanrutcon on
    Capture.jpg~original
    Currently playing: GW2 and TSW
  • Options
    IdolisideIdoliside Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Lanrutcon wrote: »
    I would KILL for 1440x900 support. :!!:

Hell, i would kill for 1024x768 support....

Idoliside on
    Proud member of Noah's Wangship Steam Group
    iusb_760x100.8161697.jpgBunting, Owls and Cushions! Feecloud Designs
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Yes yes YES! I would love to play some this weekend. Best way to get a hold of me honestly would be giving me a call, if you got the ability to call long distance, otherwise pm or email me or myspace me letting me know when your going to be on, and hopefully I get it in time.

Sure do. I'll PM ya.

Shared Stash -> Spot in your stash that is shared out to every character in your account. Found an awesome weapon for your sorc using your amazon? Put it in the slot, log out of your amazon, log back into your sorc, and go to the stash and there's the weapon.

Much better than solo transferring (which was dangerous).

urahonky on
  • Options
    FugaFuga Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Is D3 going to be pay-to-play?

Pretty sure no. I think they are going to be using b.net again... Which kinda irks me.

There was nothing wrong with BNet if you ignored the r-tards on there. Personally I'd rather have a free game on BNet than paying $15/month. Then it basically becomes WoW.

I can say that if D3 has a monthly fee I will not be participating.

I hate b.net because I get dropped almost all the time, and the botters really annoy me.
    xlkajdf81 has joined the game.
    xlkajdf81 has left the game.

^^^ Those got annoying as fuck.

that link actually exists, haha.

Fuga on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Shared Stash -> Spot in your stash that is shared out to every character in your account. Found an awesome weapon for your sorc using your amazon? Put it in the slot, log out of your amazon, log back into your sorc, and go to the stash and there's the weapon.

Lord, yes, that would be very helpful.

jeddy lee on
    0/8

PS2
    FF X replay

PS3
    God of War 1&2 HD
    Rachet and Clank Future
    MGS 4
    Prince of Persia

Bayonetta
    Fable 3

DS
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    If I don't find an occulus this round I'm going to be so pissed. I found it when it was first released and never again.

urahonky on
  • Options
    BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Shared stash is what I want the most...

Bartholamue on
    Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
  • Options
    JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »

The charge bug was fixed, I think in 1.11. +skills generally don't give synergies but DO with a few specific skills (Prayer for paladins is the only one I can think of right off the top of my head, and there weren't more than a couple of them anyway).

JihadJesus on
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

Sure do. I'll PM ya.

I was thinking about this and they are not likely to do any new art for this game, like redesigning the stash interface or anything. Remember that the new Uber content is just old bosses palette swapped and Tristram over again.

I think one easy way to do this would be to implement a new take on the trade window system, where you choose two characters and a trade window opens for each, allowing you to trade anything between the two.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I know personally, my interest in the game would have been lengthened considerably by respecs.

I actually reinstalled the game when D3 was announced and tried making a necromancer and I got to diablo and simply couldn't kill him by myself. I would shred every single thing with my skeletons, but diablo would just kill my summons in one shot before they even hit him. Basically, my spec didn't allow me to kill him without like grinding 10 levels or getting someone else to do the brunt work for me. I know I would have kept playing had I been able to respec.

Dissociater on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I know personally, my interest in the game would have been lengthened considerably by respecs.

I actually reinstalled the game when D3 was announced and tried making a necromancer and I got to diablo and simply couldn't kill him by myself. I would shred every single thing with my skeletons, but diablo would just kill my summons in one shot before they even hit him. Basically, my spec didn't allow me to kill him without like grinding 10 levels or getting someone else to do the brunt work for me. I know I would have kept playing had I been able to respec.

Shouldn't have tried to solo with a skelemancer. :P Really the game is a lot more fun with a bunch of people. Plus you level faster. You were, what, level 20ish when you did that? Took you probably 5 hours?

urahonky on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    On a single player run, I remember signifigantly more time than 5 hours to get to diablo, but I think I only did that twice, and it was before I ever tried online.

jeddy lee on
    0/8

PS2
    FF X replay

PS3
    God of War 1&2 HD
    Rachet and Clank Future
    MGS 4
    Prince of Persia

Bayonetta
    Fable 3

DS
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    That's not really a good reason to disallow respecs. Remember, D2 was designed as an offline game as well.

I mean you might have other good reasons but that's not one of them. I think it's a legitimate mark for the "positive" side of the decision chart.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Yeah soloing in D2 is incredibly slow. Unless you join a game with 8 people and kill shit yourself. But even then you might as well join the group so you kill shit faster.

e: I wasn't getting at the respec thing.. I was going to tell him that it would have taken him MAYBE an hour to reach 20 if he had gone with a group of 8 people. And he would have been able to kill Diablo, and would have kept playing the game instead of quitting.

urahonky on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I think a good option would be if you could lose levels, and thereby removing the most recently added skill and attribute points. I think that would be fair. You could go back to a point, but it would be a signifigant penalty to try and rearrange everything.

jeddy lee on
    0/8

PS2
    FF X replay

PS3
    God of War 1&2 HD
    Rachet and Clank Future
    MGS 4
    Prince of Persia

Bayonetta
    Fable 3

DS
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I think a good option would be if you could lose levels, and thereby removing the most recently added skill and attribute points. I think that would be fair. You could go back to a point, but it would be a signifigant penalty to try and rearrange everything.

Actually... I like that idea. That way if you really thought you messed up, the penalty would be more killing. Hmm.

urahonky on
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

Actually... I like that idea. That way if you really thought you messed up, the penalty would be more killing. Hmm.

Perhaps losing levels to remove any skill and attribute points, instead. The point of respecs usually isn't to undo a short-term mistake.

jothki on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    jothki wrote: »

Perhaps losing levels to remove any skill and attribute points, instead. The point of respecs usually isn't to undo a short-term mistake.

Yeah that would make it really difficult to do though. Because if they were carrying enough gold, they'd lose the ability to hold it... I guess you can give them a prompt telling them that they might drop all the gold in their hand/stash.

urahonky on