As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[chat]

• Options
    JamesKeenanJamesKeenan Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    He looks like he's trying to be a viking. Or Sabertooth.

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Kagera wrote: »
    If David Beckham wears a ponytail he must be a geek who isn't self-aware.

http://www.ananova.com/images/web/85707.jpg

Oops.

The day that you look like David Beckham, Brad Pitt, or Johnny Depp is the day that you can wear whatever you want and make it look good.

moniker on
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    jacobkosh wrote: »
    Yeah. Saying "ponytails make you look like a nerd" isn't a law of fashion wisdom woven into the fabric of the universe; it just happens to be the way things are in this time and this place. Clothes send signals. It boggles me how many people refuse to believe that, or idealistically think that that's not fair so they're just going to ignore it.

well that's just it

ponytails in some cultures are very different, much like long hair on dudes

in our culture, long hair and ponytails, especially in conjunction with other items, have a meaning. they produce an impression.

even if that impression isn't true
    , you are conveying it.

and if you aren't aware of that impression? then chances are it is kinda true.

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Pixieforce.

You take any Pixies song, add constant god-awful annoying double kick through out the entire song, and then EQ all the life out of the vocals while adding even more reverb.

Pixieforce.

Gim on
  • Options
    ZimmydoomZimmydoom Accept no substitutes Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    So, my mother bought some snack food to help me at least maintain my weight, after all I've lost over the past month.

My dad eats it all in three days.

:|

Zimmydoom on
    Better-than-birthday-sig!
    Gim wrote: »
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
    While sitting in a reclining chair
    Now there are Zim-Bear hybrids
    Running around and clawing eyelids
    Watch out, a Zim-Bear is about to have sex with yooooooou!
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited March 2009
    Fashion rule #something: At a certain level of Hot & Money you get to do whatever the fuck you want, and you'll almost always look damn good doing it.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    If Dee Snyder is wrong I don't wanna be right.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I like a lot the one Pixies song I know.

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

I dunno did you ever watch Strangeland? That was pretty wrong.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Elki wrote: »
    Fashion rule #something: At a certain level of Hot & Money you get to do whatever the fuck you want, and you'll almost always look damn good doing it.

Elks, you are so money you don't even know.

swingers-vince.jpg

moniker on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Preacher wrote: »

No, I've never even heard of it.

And I never will.

Kagera on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

No, I've never even heard of it.

And I never will.

Lets just say that Dee Snyder while a great champion of the first Amendment is a terrible actor/movie maker.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    ermm, so I am going on a ski/snowboard trip to montana for spring break with people from the ski team/club, and i don't really know most of them well, but a good friend of mine was going to go on the trip with me and he sucks and snowboarding as bad (actually, probably worse) than me, so we could go ride together and it'd be cool... but he just cancelled because of a family emergency, I don't know exactly what, but that sucks, damnit... :(

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Barack is charming the pants off a room full of pubs right now.

Good to see.

Zimmydoom on
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I like the old appearances by bands/musical acts in the 50s and 60s where they would perform a song, but it was deathly obvious that none of the guitars were hooked up to amps and there wasn't a mic anywhere near the drumkit. It's all so amusing.

Gim on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Zimmydoom wrote: »

Good to see.

You want to see Republicans without their pants on?
    *shudder*

moniker on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Zimmydoom wrote: »

Good to see.

If they are congressman it does no good. They'll all tune into their party leader later and say how evil his horrible agenda is. Most of the republican congressman have shown where their loyalty lies and its not with the country.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited March 2009
    I like a lot the one Pixies song I know.

HOLY SHIT. Thank god I am on the scene. You're going to be okay, li'l pardner. It's going to be all right.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I WANT TO BE

BE A DE BAAAY SAHH

de bay saaaah

DE BAAAAAY SAH

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2009
    I think I have to watch the Take On Me video like once every five hours or so

can stream video at work though augh

Medopine on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Well boys and girls let me be a warning, never trust anything a property manager tells you when you break a lease.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Medopine wrote: »

If you had an iPhone you could download it and watch it whenever you want.

Kagera on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Well boys and girls let me be a warning, never trust anything a property manager tells you when you break a lease.

I wouldn't just pay the money without a fight. I'd still try to fight it. Just because you know you don't have the law on your side has little bearing on whether or not SHE knows that.

Ludious on
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Oh and talking of fashion. Is it really possible to overdress to an interview? Because I wear a suit to every single job interview I go to. Hell, when I was going to one for a night officer position at Wimbledon - literally half the people their turned up in jeans/t-shirts and got hired. (I feel really comfortable in suits and feel great, not awkward like some people do. Something that clearly would hurt your chances).

Leitner on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Medopine wrote: »

You need your fix, Medo? Starting to get the shakes?

Zimmydoom on
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Ludious wrote: »

I wouldn't just pay the money without a fight. I'd still try to fight it. Just because you know you don't have the law on your side has little bearing on whether or not SHE knows that.

Yes but see they'll have lawyers where as for 3 to 4 thousand its not worth pursuing so says the attorney here. He said my best bet was blaming the property management company, but he said it was a weak argument which seems like bullshit. I have end paperwork from them, how the fuck am I supposed to know their client didn't authorize what they said was done? I never directly dealt with her as dictated.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Leitner wrote: »
    Oh and talking of fashion. Is it really possible to overdress to an interview? Because I wear a suit to every single job interview I go to. Hell, when I was going to one for a night officer position at Wimbledon - literally half the people their turned up in jeans/t-shirts and got hired. (I feel really comfortable in suits and feel great, not awkward like some people do. Something that clearly would hurt your chances).

It is, but suits are awesome regardless. The rule of thumb is to dress for the interview 1 level more formal than you expect to dress on the job topping off at suit. (never wear a tux unless you're applying to MI-6)

moniker on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

Well you could wear a tux. That's probably overdressing.

Kagera on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

Unless management is quirky, it shouldn't ever really hurt you.

Gim on
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    When I interviewed with Microsoft they explicitly told me it was cool not to wear a suit, so I wore a nice button down and whatnot, which was good, because the interviewer was wearing the same + jeans (not that I got the job...). For everything else ever I have to wear a suit.

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    edited March 2009

Depends really, if you are way way over dressing it could be seen as a hope to mask that you are underqualified by being nicely dressed. Outside of that rare chance most people like when someone dresses nicely for anything.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009

Yes but see they'll have lawyers where as for 3 to 4 thousand its not worth pursuing so says the attorney here. He said my best bet was blaming the property management company, but he said it was a weak argument which seems like bullshit. I have end paperwork from them, how the fuck am I supposed to know their client didn't authorize what they said was done? I never directly dealt with her as dictated.

Wait you have paperwork from them saying the deal was done? I'm not a lawyer but why would he tell you you're screwed if you have documentation proving they're at fault?

Ludious on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

My mom faced a similar issue. A very similar issue. Was forced to pay 3000 dollars in rent for months when new management took over the old office she dealed with, and they turned to her and said, "Oh, well, I know those guys said it was fine to break your lease, but we don't give a shit. This is our place now. Pay up."

The worst fucking thing is that she was just about to put a down payment on this house she really wanted. I think she ended up getting the house anyways 'cause the realtors were real nice. But it could have been a total fuckin' catastrophe.

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    God damnit I thought I shook this stupid fucking virus/trojan/whatever the fuck one of my friends got on my machine but it just came back from the fucking grave!

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    God damnit I thought I shook this stupid fucking virus/trojan/whatever the fuck one of my friends got on my machine but it just came back from the fucking grave!

time to reformat.

Have you used AVG/hijack this/adaware/spybot?

Ludious on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    can i has watchmen tiem nowz pls

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    time to reformat.

Have you used AVG/hijack this/adaware/spybot?

I've been using Avast! and spybot.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    CommunistCowCommunistCow Abstract Metal ThingyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Inquisitor wrote: »

God don't bring it in here!

Get away sickie!

CommunistCow on
    No, I am not really communist. Yes, it is weird that I use this name.
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Sarksus wrote: »
    can i has watchmen tiem nowz pls

4 and a half hours!

GLEE!

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

Wait you have paperwork from them saying the deal was done? I'm not a lawyer but why would he tell you you're screwed if you have documentation proving they're at fault?

Because I didn't have anything from the real owner. My wife still has to find our end paperwork. I hope I'm not fucked but the attorney here said "I wouldn't want you as a client because our case is weak". I'm just pissed because we never dealt with the owner ever, so its really bullshit now that because her reps told us differently that we'll have to pay.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
This discussion has been closed.