As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAA Episode 3

ChokeholdChokehold Registered User regular
edited February 2011 in Penny Arcade Games
If I'm not entirely mistaken, which I might be, I do sort of recall [talk of] a 3 month gap between each episode.
Maybe it was 4 months, I can't remember right now. But still.

What are your thoughts on Episode 3? What do you think will happen? What do you want to happen?
Also, to the developers, how are things progressing?

Chokehold on

• spellfirespellfire Registered User new member
    edited January 2009
    my thoughts are it will get here eventualy and looking forwards to that day just finished the insain mode so all set all we can do now is wait and the longer we wait the more time they will have to cram in even more awsome!!!
    yay so looking forwards to this

spellfire on
  • ShadowprophetShadowprophet Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Well, The best way to determine what episode three and beyond will be like is to look at the developments in the story arc,
    Four gods sat on the window seal in the first episoe, where eight Gods once did sit or something like that.

in the second episode it begins with three Gods sitting on the window seal, So we safely assume in each episode we will be taking down one of these gark Gods.

now, this is just my opinon about episode 3, in the first episode in the intro there was a very very brief scene with the mental hospital in it. Those who where carefully watching will kno what i'm talking about, and in the last few seconds of the intro to episode 2 we have this Dark possessed looking raven leading us to the title screen,

will the thrid episode of penny arcade adventures have a srtong focus on possessed ravans? bird mutant enemies?
    it's a long shot, but that would be my best guess at the moment.

also, I think the long spoken narrator may play a huge part in the story arc, he may be the last boss of the entire arc imo.

nothing is set in stone. but if you follow the story arc and the art direction, my guess would be episode three will have a very edgar alan poe ravinish theme to it,

Shadowprophet on
  • WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I'm hoping that Gabriel gets to punch the devil. Again.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • MistressKanaMistressKana Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I'm just hoping it gets out before the third week of May. That way I have fun stuff to do while my pregnant belly makes anything more vigorus than button pushing a difficulty.

MistressKana on
  • spellfirespellfire Registered User new member
    edited January 2009
    well were still in january so we can but hope god getting wound up about this game so want to see it soon checking almost daily on one forum or another to see if theres any news
    *breaths* ok got to calm down but have so enjoyed epesode one and 2

spellfire on
  • KingKing Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Hopefully episode 3 will be longer, and the "Insane Mode" should be harder and varies from each mode to the other.
    I play both episode 1 and 2 on regular, difficult and insane and I think they hardly differs from one another.

Predicting stuff happening is always fun. About the poem, we can indicate that these eight have problem tolerating one another. But, I can hardly see any conflicts mentioned in Ep1 and 2 between God Of Fear and God Of Silence, whom are dark gods, which led me to conclude that "The War" is between Good Gods and Bad Gods (number of each members of each sides is unknown). I don't know the remaining two are good or bad, but it would be fun to mix things up: getting some help from the good side.

King on
  • ArtoriaArtoria Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I'm just hoping it gets here soon.
    I just want to know if Raven darktalon blood will be a boss or an ally or what

Artoria on
  • Dodge AspenDodge Aspen Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Well, The best way to determine what episode three and beyond will be like is to look at the developments in the story arc,
    Four gods sat on the window seal in the first episoe, where eight Gods once did sit or something like that.

in the second episode it begins with three Gods sitting on the window seal, So we safely assume in each episode we will be taking down one of these gark Gods.

now, this is just my opinon about episode 3, in the first episode in the intro there was a very very brief scene with the mental hospital in it. Those who where carefully watching will kno what i'm talking about, and in the last few seconds of the intro to episode 2 we have this Dark possessed looking raven leading us to the title screen,

will the thrid episode of penny arcade adventures have a srtong focus on possessed ravans? bird mutant enemies?
    it's a long shot, but that would be my best guess at the moment.

also, I think the long spoken narrator may play a huge part in the story arc, he may be the last boss of the entire arc imo.

nothing is set in stone. but if you follow the story arc and the art direction, my guess would be episode three will have a very edgar alan poe ravinish theme to it,

It seems pretty clear that the raven does not hint at mutant birds, but at a certain PA character named after a raven.

Dodge Aspen on
    Xbox - Dodge Mega
    Switch - SW-3699-5063-5018

• sdiedr02sdiedr02 Registered User new member
    edited February 2009
    I am looking forward to it, if it happens (cross your fingers). I usually buy used games with the exception of Fallout and the PA series. The PA games have been great, in content and difficulty. Very balanced.

Thanks guy!

Steph

:mrgreen:

sdiedr02 on
    I <3 jelly beans.
  • SpEnTBoYSpEnTBoY Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    March ... march would be sweet *twitch* Maybe it's time to start doing time trials and reading through everything lol ... some of the comments on items is priceless and oddly enough (I typically hate turn based fighting), the fighting is just ... fun :D

SpEnTBoY on
  • BogulmonBogulmon Registered User new member
    edited February 2009

DEEEEEEP CROOOOOOWW!

Bogulmon on
  • BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    SpEnTBoY wrote: »
    March ... march would be sweet *twitch* Maybe it's time to start doing time trials and reading through everything lol ... some of the comments on items is priceless and oddly enough (I typically hate turn based fighting), the fighting is just ... fun :D
    Ugh no. There are already 3 DS RPGs I am interested in coming in March. It is like r-pog christmas or something.

Bedlam on
  • trentsteeltrentsteel Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    more game plz

trentsteel on
    http://www.botsnthings.com/
    I made a TD for iphone and windows phone!

• Mike WestMike West Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Bogulmon wrote: »

DEEEEEEP CROOOOOOWW!
    My words exactly.
    Just not to waste a post: any certain info as to when can we expect Episode 3?

Mike West on
    Michael Jason West
    "SyFy - this shit is crazy!" - Gabe
  • LordSintaxLordSintax Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    other than positing the existance of the Deep Crow, oh. sorry, DEEEEEEP CROOOOOOW, I havent heard anything concrete. They certainly seem to be playing it close to the vest, eh?

LordSintax on
    ubd6013.png
    ubd8803mk8.png
    5438.png
  • Fallout2manFallout2man Vault Dweller Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    You know, a thought always occurred to me. I know that there's already been a firm decision that there should be no official voiceovers due to Tycho and Gabe not wanting to ruin anyone's idea of what their characters sound like, but why not add a feature that allows users to make a voice pack of some sorts for the game(s)? This way you'd still be able to have VAs but allow everyone to have their choice as to what the characters should sound like?

Fallout2man on
    On Ignorance:
    Kana wrote:
    If the best you can come up with against someone who's patently ignorant is to yell back at him, "Yeah? Well there's BOOKS, and they say you're WRONG!"

Then honestly you're not coming out of this looking great either.
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    You know, a thought always occurred to me. I know that there's already been a firm decision that there should be no official voiceovers due to Tycho and Gabe not wanting to ruin anyone's idea of what their characters sound like, but why not add a feature that allows users to make a voice pack of some sorts for the game(s)? This way you'd still be able to have VAs but allow everyone to have their choice as to what the characters should sound like?

You play this on a PC, don't you?

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Fallout2manFallout2man Vault Dweller Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    You play this on a PC, don't you?

After my N64 scorned me I never looked back on the world of consoles. :p

Fallout2man on
    On Ignorance:
    Kana wrote:
    If the best you can come up with against someone who's patently ignorant is to yell back at him, "Yeah? Well there's BOOKS, and they say you're WRONG!"

Then honestly you're not coming out of this looking great either.
  • ChokeholdChokehold Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'm getting a little scared, or at least a bit weirded out, here.
    For episodes 1 and 2, the developers were all over this forum; they would answer any and all questions we had and would keep us on our toes whenever we asked about an ETA or spoilers in any way.

But since episode 2, everything has been dead silent. What's going on at the HotHead building anyway?
    Have there been any news regarding episode 3 at all?

Chokehold on
  • AJAlkaline40AJAlkaline40 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2009
    I'm not even sure they've indicated that they are currently working on Episode 3. I mean, it seems bizarre that they wouldn't tell us if they decided to take a break from making the games, but I guess it's always possible.

AJAlkaline40 on
    idiot.jpg
    edited March 2009
    I think Gabe mentioned that they're on it in one of the uStream chats, but I don't remember.

Willeth on
    edited March 2009
    Well it'd be nice if someone would pop in here and say

"Hi guys we are working on EP3 and give you the details when we can"

I'm just sayin.

Artoria on
  • akesoakeso Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Personally, I wouldn't mind a more in depth combat system. Yes, I recognize that the goal is to recreate classical gaming mechanics, but at times the fights seem very repetitive.
    Perhaps adding cool down abilities to your main charecters that add some strategy?
    A cool-down on tycho for example that instantly gives him access to his special attacks would work.
    Or
    A cool-down on gabe that puts him in an enraged state dealing 150% damage on his next attack.

Simply put, I love the games story, but having combat be timing on items/attacks and using supports when avaliable is slow going. A few twists would go a long way.

Oh yeah, I too would like to see Gabe punch the devil again before all 4 gods die.

akeso on
    primeval-warrior-sig.jpg
  • xbskidxbskid Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    akeso wrote: »
    Personally, I wouldn't mind a more in depth combat system.

I would actually prefer to leave the simplistic mechanics in place. The last thing I'd want is a complicated interface, which is why I never played Uplink.

xbskid on
    edited March 2009
    akeso wrote: »
    Simply put, I love the games story, but having combat be timing on items/attacks and using supports when avaliable is slow going. A few twists would go a long way.
    Switch up your style. The way I play requires very little setup and you're almost constantly doing specials.

Willeth on
  • akesoakeso Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Willeth wrote: »
    Switch up your style. The way I play requires very little setup and you're almost constantly doing specials.
    I am also using mostly specials, trust me. But towards the end of the game, even with the new specials, I've pretty much mastered them. Yeah, you rotate items/normal attacks in for weaknesses, but it pretty much becomes a routine of throwing up certain buffs/debuffs, and then waiting for specials to come up while preparing for blocks. No matter what, as it is right now it becomes a repeat of 3 different special attacks usually, as by the end the ones you had previously are nullified unless you don't want to remove Gabe's stun from someone.
    Some system where you have more than 3 attacks to logically choose from based on damage/utility would go along way is part of what I'm arguing, but a more complex combat system in general would be nice.

akeso on
    primeval-warrior-sig.jpg
  • TeburninatorTeburninator Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Personally can't wait for episode 3. Quick question though, did anyone want to kill their wasd or space bar keys if it didn't register a hit in game. It pissed me off so much when I'd hit my space bar and it didn't count in game!:evil: Other than that this game was too awesome. BRB throwing keyboard out now.

Teburninator on
    edited March 2009
    did anyone want to kill their wasd or space bar keys if it didn't register a hit in game.

No, because I know better. It's not the keyboard's fault, it's the game's; sometimes it just slows down and can't keep up with the input.

xbskid on
  • TeburninatorTeburninator Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    xbskid wrote: »
    did anyone want to kill their wasd or space bar keys if it didn't register a hit in game.

No, because I know better. It's not the keyboard's fault, it's the game's; sometimes it just slows down and can't keep up with the input.

And what if you see the key on your dell keyboard becoming stuck every time you hit it to finish your ultimate move? IS IT STILL THE GAME'S FAULT THEN!?:evil:
    /end rage

P.s Has a brand new spankin' keyboard :lol:

Teburninator on
    edited April 2009
    And what if you see the key on your dell keyboard becoming stuck every time you hit it to finish your ultimate move? IS IT STILL THE GAME'S FAULT THEN!?:evil:
    /end rage

Not applicable! I don't like Dell. I've been using the keyboard that was bundled with the PlayStation 2 Linux Kit since I got it a few years ago. Hasn't failed me since, although I may need a re-greasing.

xbskid on
  • sdiedr02sdiedr02 Registered User new member
    edited April 2009
    I enjoyed the game's difficulty. As for the controls, the XBox controls were perfect. The pc controls were pretty good. I think really my problem was my computer being laggy and I thought that the difficulty when it was working properly was just fine.

sdiedr02 on
    I <3 jelly beans.
  • ChokeholdChokehold Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    So guys, I'm getting sort of scared now. Did HotHead forget about PAA?

Chokehold on
  • dark_porpoisedark_porpoise Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I hope not...

dark_porpoise on
  • prh99prh99 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Personally, I am sticking to the notion that they're just very busy working on PAA #3, Death Spank, and maintaining playgreenhouse.com.

prh99 on
    edited April 2009
    I'm starting to have this same fear as well. When Episode 1 & 2 were being worked on we at least got updates that they were being worked on. Now we get nothing. I really enjoyed the first 2 and given the ending of ep2 I am was pretty hyped for Ep3. Don't don't let this go the way of shenmue.

Artoria on
  • ThemindtakerThemindtaker Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Someone asked about the status of episode 3 during the livedraw last friday. The response was vague and I was playing WoW at the time so I wasn't paying the closest attention but for some reason I think either the words "on hold" or "limbo" were used. Maybe you could send an email asking for some sort of clarification during the next podcast or something?

Themindtaker on
  • KodmaniacKodmaniac Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I have to admit I'm concerned too at this point, mainly because when I finished episode 2 I found myself surprisingly high on the leaderboard. My playthrough of episode 1 was far more thorough and yet I was ranked many times lower in it, so I'm wondering if episode 2 sold well at all on 360.

Kodmaniac on
  • JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Maybe it'll be announced at PAX this year. You know, this being the last one and all, maybe they've got good reason to hold off info.

JaysonFour on
    steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Last one? You mean Episodes? Aren't there supposed to be four?

Santa Claustrophobia on
    edited April 2009
    Last one? You mean Episodes? Aren't there supposed to be four?

Yes, there are.

Willeth on